The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Spiralling into the Black Hole

Author: BedHead

Chapter 7 — White Hole

Kate and Frances McKay took the shuttle car towards the front of the ship. On the way, Kate tried to grill her sister about the events on the Signet, but Frances mostly deflected.

“It wasn’t a completely fun time,” she finally sighed in admission. “Obviously it was good for the Captain and I to have each other, rather than be alone, but it was still very strange being in an empty ship. You can’t talk to the androids—well, you can, but they don’t respond—and I did miss the chat and gossip in the mess. It’s funny how trivial things become so important when you don’t have them anymore.”

The shuttle car hissed to a stop and they disembarked. Frances led her sister down a corridor.

“We re-purposed the secondary rec room for the android production,” she explained. “That’s the good thing about having a big ship—there’s plenty of space to put new things!”

She unlocked the rec door, and stepped in, Kate following her.

Kate peered around the spacious but gloomy room. As Frances had noted, everything was quiet and immobile. There was a large table in the middle of the room with complex machinery at several stations around it. Two cloaked, mirror-visored androids stood motionless by one of the walls.

“How many did you make so far?” she asked.

“We needed to replace most of the crew functions, and have some in reserve, so it wasn’t far off 500 I think.” Frances indicated the androids in the room. “If they’re not needed, and not on recharge, they just stand around near their duty station in case they are needed.”

“Makes sense...” Kate walked slowly towards the table, inspecting the complex robotic gear at one of the stations. There were several delicate arms tipped with sharp instruments or laser devices. She indicated the control console nearby. “You still need someone to drive this, though?”

“Actually no; it’s now at the stage where one of the androids can drive it,” explained Frances. “It doesn’t need us to take any time away from other ship’s duties.”

Kate took a closer look at the recesses which presumably held proto-androids during normal operation. The shadows in the room had concealed them initially, but now she was closer she could see that they were fitted with what looked like heavy-duty restraints.

Frowning, she turned to her sister. “Hey, why do you need...”

Another android was standing just behind her. She could see her face mirrored in its visor. For a moment she froze, long enough for the android to press a hypospray against her neck.

“Ow! Get off!” She reflexively pushed the android away, seeing it stagger back. But the hypo was already taking effect, and her vision was starting to tunnel. She dropped to her knees.

“Frankie... help...” Her vision blacked out, and she fell the rest of the way to the deck.

* * *

Surgeon-Commander Osei was writing up notes on a data pad when the docking door chime sounded. She switched to the external camera, and saw her Captain standing outside balancing some containers in her hands.

“Efua, it’s me. I’ve got your food.”

“Food!” Chief Sobchak crowed. “Just for that, Captain, we’ll allow you in without making you do a bhangra dance to prove your identity.”

Osei sighed, and hit the command sequence to open the docking tunnel. “Come on in, Captain.” She turned to Sobchak. “Chief, I swear to the Lord, the only thing you think about is your stomach.”

“After a year on deep space rations, Commander, you bet I’m thinking of my stomach—and the fresh food about to hit it.” Sobchak turned back to his array diagnostics.

A few minutes later, Captain Rau appeared in the command space. She distributed her cargo of insulated containers to Osei and Sobchak.

“Fresh salad with orange dressing... and synthetic venison with fresh asparagus and mushrooms. Bon appetit!”

“Oh, man.” Sobchak laced his salad with dressing and dug into it. “I cannot tell you how good this tastes, Captain. Thank you!”

Osei was eating more delicately, but still with enthusiasm. “Yes, thank you Captain.” She sighed with pleasure. “It has been too long since I have enjoyed the texture of a lettuce leaf! Truly, deep space travel makes you reassess what is important to you.”

“The venison is good too,” Sobchak noted. “I know it’s only synthetic protein, but whatever they’ve done with it, it tastes almost like the real thing. Much better than our rations. You’d think that, with 10 more years of food science, we could have been doing better.”

“Well, Chief, we stopped being able to afford ships as big as the Signet,” Rau reminded him. “Remember reading Heinlein? There is no such thing as a free lunch.”

“Quite so, Captain.” Osei nibbled at an asparagus stalk, appreciating the crispness. “How was your discussion with Captain Reine? What was your assessment of her?”

“I was very impressed, Efua. She has held herself and Commander McKay together very well, all things considered. We discussed our options for departure, and she thinks that the Signet is in good shape to boost out of the gravity well—then we can take our time preparing for supralight back to Earth in Mustang.”

“We should fix our sensor array first, though,” Sobchak noted. He yawned. “Excuse me, Captain.”

“That’s all right, Chief.” Rau reached for her command console. “It looks like the Signet has what we need in its stores for the repair, and we can take whatever we want—particularly if we just leave it uncrewed in a stable orbit.”

“It’s going to be cozy in Mustang with two extra crew,” predicated Osei, rubbing her eyes. “Can we build extra bunk space in the empty cargo space, now that we have used up 30% of our stores?”

“Yes, that could work.” Rau looked at her medical officer with amusement. “Tired, Efua?”

“I’m sorry Captain, I don’t know what’s come over me...” Osei’s head slumped onto the desk, just missing her dinner tray.

Sobchak had already passed out, face down on his console.

“I’m afraid I do.” Rau shook her head, and checked both her crew. Satisfied they were still breathing satisfactorily, she applied a hypospray to each of them, and headed back to the docking tube.

Four robots were waiting outside, with two carts.

“They are ready for transport.” The robots needed no further cue, walking into the ship. It only took them a few minutes to retrieve the sleeping Osei and Sobchak, and load them onto the carts.

“Captain Reine wants her”—Rau indicated Osei—“taken to Optometry. The other is for conversion.”

The robots started pushing the carts along the corridor. Rau followed, smiling.

* * *

Chief Tours finally noticed the absence of his Commander.

“Hey: where is Commander Fournier?”

The Mustang’s crew members looked around—sure enough, there was no sign of him.

“Maxine?” enquired Shatner. “Can you locate him?”

The robot was briefly silent. “I cannot. The ship’s sensors do not adequately cover the hydroponics bays.”

Shatner hit his comms badge. “Shatner to Commander Fourier, respond please.”

There was no response.

Shatner hit his badge again. “Shatner to Captain Rau.”

Maxine did the electronic version of clearing her throat. “Commander, your comms relay will not work within the Signet. It is incompatible with our older comms system, which interferes with the relay in the Mustang. Your comms badges will work locally, but not to anywhere that requires distant communication. I cannot connect the ship’s system to your badges because they do not recognize the Signet’s signing code.”

Shatner ground his teeth. “All right. That would have been very useful to know a couple of hours ago. Maxine, can you relay a message to Captain Rau for me via Captain Reine?”

“I’m sorry, Commander, Captain Reine has left strict instructions not to be disturbed. I could take you to Lieutenant McKay and Commander McKay, would that be adequate?”

“Okay, yes. Let’s do that.” The three crew followed Maxine, calling hopefully into the foliage to try to locate their missing officer. The dark green leaves quickly absorbed the sound, leaving them to wonder whether Fournier had even heard them.

Maxine led them to the hydroponics bay exit. The double doors there hissed open, to reveal a squad of six robots. All of them were carrying stunners, and all of the stunners were pointed at the Mustang’s crew.

“Maxine, what is this?” Shatner eyed the robots warily. Their stunners were old models, but Shatner had seen their effect in his earlier Space Command years, and did not want to be on the receiving end.

“For security, we require you to be restrained. Present your hands in front of you.” The robots made small but menacing gestures with their stunners.

Shatner exchanged glances with Tours and Ortega, and slowly raised his hands. The two crewmen followed. The robots quickly snapped on wrist restraints, and followed up by fastening shock collars around the crews’ necks.

“Now I can take you to join Lieutenant McKay. Follow me.” Maxine walked down the corridor—left with few options, the crew followed.

* * *

Lt McKay woke to find herself staring at the ceiling. Hooded lights illuminated machinery hanging down, just off to her side. She tried to sit up, but quickly found that she was securely restrained, and it became apparent that she was in one of the recesses on the table she had previously been examining. The recess was hard, and uncomfortable, but her principal worry was about the machinery she’d seen around the edges of the table. While she didn’t yet know what it did, she was afraid she might be about to find out.

She shivered.

To her immense relief, the face of her sister came into view above her. “Frankie! Get me out of here. What’s going on?”

Her sister’s face was sad.

“I’m sorry, Katie. I did ask Captain Reine if she would consider changing your loyalty instead, but that honor is reserved only for first-class minds, and she says that your mind doesn’t meet the bar. Conversion was the only option.”

“Never mind the ‘bar’! Get these restraints off!” Kate McKay strained against them, but they had been well applied and she achieved nothing. “What is ‘conversion’ anyway?”

“You asked about the android production—I’m afraid to say, we don’t have any factory producing android bodies. This facility is where we reprogram existing bodies to serve on the ship.”

“What do you mean, ‘reprogram’?” Kate didn’t like the sound of that. “Where did you get the bodies from?”

“The rest of the Signet’s crew.” Frances sounded regretful, but the words still chilled Kate. “We had to make them follow Captain Reine’s orders. She and Dr Putina devised this process to disconnect their will and enable them to be guided by an implanted device.”

“How did you disconnect their wills? What did you do to them?” Kate was now shaking, and sweat was beading on her forehead. She was no longer sure that she was talking with her sister—there was someone else in there. Someone who shared her sister’s memories, and maybe even some of her feelings, but someone who had their own agenda—and was very much in charge of Frances’s mind.

“We use a medical laser to open up access to the frontal lobe of the brain,” Frances explained, “and then Dr Putina developed a sequence of cuts to apply to selected synapses. The effect is to remove the person’s free will, indeed their entire personality, such that they only respond to command. Finally, we implant an electronic device that enables the Captain and Maxine to direct their actions, and an access panel covers the opening to provide direct optional connections for reprogramming.

Someone in surgical garb appeared next to Frances. It appeared to be a woman, but Kate was shocked to see the deadness in her eyes; she inspected Kate’s positioning in the recess but with no more concern for Kate than for a robot. Under the nurse’s cap, Kate could just make out something embedded in her forehead.

“Frankie,” Kate tried to keep her voice calm, “you don’t want to do this. I’m your sister, dammit. Get me out of here. I’ll help you; I swear I will. Whatever has happened, it doesn’t matter. Captain Rau can take you with us on the Mustang, we can get you away from here. Just get me out. Please!”

“Captain Rau is already loyal to Captain Reine. She has been guided to understand Captain Reine’s vision.” Frances still looked sad. “I’m sorry, Katie. I wish it could have gone some other way, but I’m afraid this is what Captain Reine ordered, and she is my Captain. You understand the chain of command, surely?”

“Not when your commander is obviously nuts!” Kate was starting to pant in panic, and forced herself to slow down. “Please, Frankie. Help me. Help your little sister. Come on.”

“I’ll look after you, Katie. I promise. Captain Reine has already said that we can play with her this evening. But she needs you converted first.” Frances walked away from Kate’s vision.

“Frankie! Where are you going? Don’t leave me here!” Kate was starting to sob.

Her sister’s voice was distant. “Captain Reine said I shouldn’t watch your conversion; she will watch on my behalf. I’m afraid that it is going to hurt; they don’t provide anesthesia. I’m sorry. Goodbye, Katie.” There was the hiss of a door opening and shutting.

The table hummed, and started to rotate. Kate’s head was moved under a framework which descended onto her, and there was a buzz as clippers started to run across her scalp. Lights started to appear on the machinery in the ceiling.

Kate couldn’t help herself any more, and her tears flowed freely.

* * *

Reine lounged in her office chair, watching a pair of monitors showing security camera footage. In the view from Optometry, a very groggy Osei was being strapped into the chair by Putina and Bea. The conversion room footage showed Lt McKay, forehead opened, twitching as the robotic arms probed and cut inside her brain.

The communicator chirped, and Maxine spoke. “The remaining crew are being taken for conversion. Commander Fournier has been killed, and taken for recycling.”

“Thank you, Maxine.” Reine sighed in happiness. “I guess that takes care of the ‘Mustang’.” She switched communicator settings. “Reine to Indira: how are you getting along?”

Rau’s voice came over the link. “I’ve neutralized the active functions of Mustang’s AI, Captain. I’m about halfway through setting up the data bridge to Maxine. Once that is done, we should have full access to the Mustang’s data, and we can make use of the AI as needed.”

“Excellent, thank you Indira.” Reine rose from her chair. “I’ll be in Optometry. Commander Osei and I need to have a little talk.”

She strode along the corridor to the shuttle car, and hit her comms badge again. “Reine to McKay.”

“Go ahead, Captain.” Her 2ic’s voice sounded a little strained.

“How are you doing, Frances?”

“I’ve just left Kate, Captain. I told her what we were doing. Thank you for keeping an eye on her conversion; I think I would have found it difficult to watch.”

“I understand, Frances.” Reine’s voice was soothing. “The conversion is proceeding well. She should be ready to play with us in my room this evening. She will still be able to feel pleasurable sensations, so we can ensure she has a good time with us.”

“Yes Captain, thank you.”

“Please go and work with Captain Rau on the data bridge to Mustang.”

“Acknowledged.”

Reine reached the door of Optometry, and opened it. Inside, Putina and Bea were finishing the attaching of electrodes to the dazed Osei.

“Dr Osei! I am Captain Reine. How nice to meet you.” Reine pulled up a chair and sat down opposite the restrained woman. “I’ve been wanting a medical expert on my crew, ever since I had to convert Dr Putina here.” She indicated the expressionless medic.

Osei looked confused. “Captain Reine? What’s happening?” She apparently had not yet registered the metal plates in Putina’s and Bea’s foreheads.

“Just a routine medical screening, my dear Efua. You fell asleep; you must have been very tired. We’re going to make sure there’s nothing wrong inside your head.” Reine pressed the button for the probes, smiling in satisfaction as they penetrated Osei and she moaned in inadvertent pleasure.

Putina pressed the hypospray to Osei’s neck, and the doctor winced despite the distracting stimulation in her sex and butt. “What was that?” she muttered, almost to herself.

“I’m going to need your help, Efua. We need to improve our techniques in mind control and surgery on this ship. Dr Putina has done some very innovative research, but I see that you are also an expert in psychology and neuroscience—and you are familiar with ten more years of the advancement of science in that area.”

Even through the drugs, Osei could tell something was wrong.

“No... not ethical...” She shivered as the probes started to move slowly in and out of her.

“Oh, Efua. What are ethics but arbitrary conventions? Here on the Signet, we can devise our own conventions. Won’t it be fun to be free of the limitations of Space Command regulations?” She reached out and stroked the moist black fur on Osei’s pubic mound. “And wouldn’t you like to get closer to your commanding officer? Much, much closer.” She tweaked Osei’s nipples, causing the doctor to gasp. “Serving me can be fun, Efua. Lots and lots of fun.”

She nodded to Putina. “I think she’s ready now.”

Putina swung the vision piece in front of Osei’s face and started to strap her in. Reine rose to her feet.

Osei tried to control her voice. “Captain, what are you doing to me?” The images started to strobe in her drugged vision. “What is this?”

“I’ll see you later Efua. Enjoy yourself.” Reine smirked, watching as the doctor’s body started to twitch in the restraints.