The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Tickle War

Synopsis: Kerry loves to tickle Jack, and there’s not much he can do about it, until he discovers that Kerry is a somnambulist.

Kerry whistled while she worked. She wasn’t particularly fond of her job in the pretentious corporate owned chain of a cafe, but she had her reasons. She wasn’t exactly happy with how her life was going at that moment, but she had her reasons. She walked briskly past the pizza oven and down the line of toppings to where Jack stood rolling dough. She had her reasons. Firstly, she was a generally upbeat and bubbly person. Secondly, was the way Jack spasmed and collapsed as she jammed her index finger into the space below his ribcage and above his hips. She giggled as he picked his crumpled figure up off the floor and scrunched his face in a comical glare. “Of course you realize this means war.” He said with theatrical grimness that almost didn’t fail to hide his grin.

“Bring it bitch.” Kerry laughed back. She swept breezily out of the kitchen, into the dining area and around the corner to the secondary drink station. The playful feud had been going on for about six months at this point, and she was winning. By a lot. She made sure as she washed down the drink station and started the big canister of tea to brewing that she kept one eye open in case Jack decided to retaliate. He seemed to do so less and less these days. It may have been that Kerry wasn’t ticklish, and any retaliation on his part required him to actually sneak up on her. It could be that. Although Kerry guessed that he maybe didn’t mind it so much when she exploited his debilitating ticklishness, in much the same way she enjoyed having an excuse to touch him.

With practiced, almost unconscious ease she pushed the little flutter in her stomach down. She hadn’t meant that thought the way it sounded. They were just coworkers. What she and Jack did was just a harmless game. They were just friends, after all. She didn’t like like him, or anything. It was a thought that recurred more and more often, almost a mantra at this point. And she very nearly believed it.

She didn’t hear him approach from behind as she wiped down the drink nozzels. The work wasn’t very engaging, but convincing herself that things were fine took up most of her attention, so she was caught completely off guard when he grabbed her shoulders from behind. She shrieked, a short, sharp, ear splitting cry. After that, and the her own heartbeat thundering in her ears the next thing she heard was his chuckle as he grabbed a paper cup and a drink of water.

“You have like… zero situational awareness.” He taunted.

She responded by poking furiously at his midsection. Her cheeks were burning.

“No fair!” he laughed, “you don’t need the element of surprise!”

“Then you shouldn’t start fights you can’t win!” she laughed, her heart still pounding.

“I surrender, geeze!” He gasped, scrambling to his feet, arms protecting his sensitive sides.

“Because I’m the best, and you can’t beat me!” She proclaimed. He narrowed his eyes and, strangely, poked her on the forehead. The gesture itself wasn’t necessarily the strange part, so much as Kerry’s reaction. Her eyes locked on the incoming fingertip, and for a moment everything else went fuzzy. Her mind seemed to shut down as her eyes crossed and fluttered and a warm giddy wave of uncomfortable niceness shot up her torso. The moment passed, the finger was retracted, and they both stood there. He was looking at her strangely, and she was equally awkwardly speechless. So they did what any pair of young adults with intense unacknowledged feelings between them would do, and went about their business without mentioning it.

The strange blankness bothered her though. Not because it had been unpleasant, it had in fact been the exact opposite. It had not only been pleasant, it had been pleasurable. Very pleasurable. And that bothered her. So, ten minutes later, after she finished up her pre lunch rush duties and before her pre lunch rush smoke break, Kerry approached Jack who knelt by the coolers under the sandwich line, shoring up provisions against the coming horde of trendy business people on their lunch breaks.

“Hey.” She said, her stomach did a pirouette. “When you do that to me my mind goes blank.” She blurted, not quite sure if she were asking a question or making a statement.

“The forehead thing.” Jack replied, with the same ambivalence in tone.

“Yeah… Um...” Kerry fidgeted. Jack didn’t look at her. He kept his gaze carefully fixed on the contents of the cooler.

“You’re probably a somnambulist.” He said.

“A… what the hell is that?” Kerry asked.

Jack sighed. Shrugged. stashed the last of the ham and stood. Sighed again. “A somnambulist is somebody who’s really good at getting... hypnotized.” He said at last.

Hypnotized. Kerry felt a thrill at the word, a thrill almost intense enough to distract her from how Jack had hesitated to say said word.

Hypnotized.

“Do you know how to do it?” Kerry asked. She felt jittery, like when she needed a smoke, except twice as bad. She needed a smoke now, sure. But more than that she needed him to keep talking. To explain. To say ‘yes I can hypnotize you, and I’d be happy to.’ and, at some deep place in the back of her mind she thought she might just need a cigarette after he did that too.

“Yeah.” he said.

“Huh?” She cocked her head, confused.

“Yeah, I know how to hypnotize people.”

“Oh.” She said. They stood there for a long time. Facing each other. She felt feverish, and he looked off to the side. She took a deep breath, about to say something, to say she wasn’t even sure what, when the front door opened. The first customers of the day floated in, with their usual indecisive rolling gait. The rest of the front of house staff emerged from the back, dragging a faint scent of tobacco, as the back of house staff joined Jack on the lines. The lunch rush had started.

The conversation left Kerry distracted for the next two hours, not that it had any impact on her work. Taking orders, running food, all done day after day, automatically with little to no input from her conscious mind. Really the only difference today from the average monotonous lunch rush was the conspicuous heat between her thighs. And she wouldn’t have the chance to do anything more than think about it for a good while. She was working the bridge shift today, which meant she got to man the dull two hour span between two when the lunch shift ended, and four when the dinner crew would take over. She checked the schedule during a brief lull in the midday chaos and saw that her back of house counterpart today would be Jack. Just the two of them manning the restaurant until four. Her stomach fluttered. There’d be a shift manager, of course, so they wouldn’t be alone alone but…

Around 1:15 the lunch rush died down, and most of the other front of house staff began clocking out for the day. Kerry took one last smoke break while there was someone else on staff to cover for her. As much as she’d hoped the cigarette would calm her nerves, it didn’t. It had been a reckless thing to tell Jack about the effect his forehead poking had on her. And even though she didn’t really know what she’d been about to blurt out to him when the lunch rush started she suspected it would have been another irresponsible move. Hell just a month prior she’d confided in Jack that she wished she had someone responsible in her life to make decisions for her. She’d only been half joking, because when she didn’t make impulsive stupid decisions she was terribly indecisive. He’d simply given her a sympathetic nod and some encouraging words. “I’m sure you’ll be fine, you’re just being too hard on yourself.” He’d said. Then he’d smiled at her, which was rare given his chronic resting asshole face, and she’d felt all special and warm inside and ugh! She stamped out her cigarette in frustration. Time to get back to work.

The next hour and a half were uneventful, and Kerry managed to calm herself somewhat. The store was dead, as usual, and she was just finishing up the post lunch housekeeping. She stepped into the walk in cooler to grab some peppers and roasted garlic and other odds and ends for the garnish station and there was Jack, standing between her and the pickles. He was stacking containers of sandwich toppings, to replenish his own station. He glanced up at her, and a shadow of a troubled look passed over his face before his expression morphed back into the impassive, vaguely bored expression he usually wore. He kept his eyes carefully focused on his task, and made no move to acknowledge her. Kerry opened her mouth with every intention of asking him to hand her the over large industrial sized bucket of pickles, but what came out instead was, “Hey, could you hypnotize me?”

Jack tensed, then seemed to deflate with resignation.

“Yeah, probably.” He said.

“Do it.” She said, with a bit more eagerness than she meant to show.

Jack gazed at her for a long moment.

“Why the hell not...” He muttered, sounding a little defeated as he held up his finger. Kerry’s eyes locked on it immediately and she expected, more than a little eagerly, a repeat of this morning’s forehead poking incident. But instead he started to move his fingertip in a steady back and forth motion.

“Follow my fingertip.” Jack said.

Kerry obliged, not that it took any effort.

“Focus only on my finger and the sound of my voice. Just focus, as if there were a lazer connecting your eyes and my finger, it’s the only thing you see and my voice is all you hear.”

The fridge around her became fuzzy, his voice became… not loud, but more SOLID. She listened with more urgency. His voice was… smoother, than normal. He’d shifted into a tone that was low, and soothing, and made her insides melt. Her arms, which had been clasped in front of her, hung loosely at her sides as she gaped at his finger moving back and forth. Back and forth. It occurred to her in a stray thought that she should try to move her arms, to do anything at all besides staring and listening and… relaxing… but it seemed like such a hassle.

“...watching it go back and forth, and as I count backwards from ten to one you’re going to drop down into a deep relaxing trance.”

Another thrill. He was going to do it.

“Ten.”

He was really hypnotizing her. The surge of excitement almost snapped her out of her hyperfocused stupor, but then…

“Nine.”

...the motion of his finger and the cadence of his voice soothed the tension right out of her.

“Eight...” She had a brief flash to a moment a few weeks previous. She and Jack were working the bridge shift together that day. She’d been rolling silverware and Jack had come up behind her. Instead of scaring her, as she would have expected he had laid his hands on her shoulders and started massaging them. It had been amazing. The tension had melted out of her body so completely that it was all she could do to keep herself upright. Her head had drooped forward as those miracle hands had taken her stress and transmuted it into pleasure.

And now Jack was doing with his voice what he’d done with his hands.

The memory of her… well, not boyfriend, exactly… but thinking of Eric threatened to pull her out of the spiral of bliss that was pulling her down into the warm, tingly depths. She remembered how, when the massage ended she’d whirled around and hugged Jack. Hugged him for a period of time that maybe exceeded what was proper. “You’re amazing.” She’d sighed into his ear. He’d hugged her back, but it hadn’t gone farther than that.

“Seven.” Jack said, and Kerry, now only halfway bewildered with the oncoming trance began to worry if she’d be able to go under after all when the finger stopped abruptly. Her eyes crossed as Jack once again poked her on the forehead. Her brain blanked, and his voice said “SLEEP.” In a firm tone.

Kerry pitched forward. Her eyes slammed shut, and her whole body went limp like loose spaghetti as she found herself draped against a warm, solid, comfortable Jack shaped thing that enveloped her. She was wrapped in strong, solid arms at her shoulders to keep her upright. He was speaking softly into her ear, not that Kerry could listen or comprehend. That warm pleasant blankness was back, but this time it stuck in her mind, filling it like the tingling was filling her body. Then she was standing, on her own, and staring at Jack through half lidded eyes. He snapped his fingers and just like that, POP she blinked and was awake.

“How do you feel?” Jack asked.

She didn’t answer with words. Her brain was still a bit muddled, so it all came out as a half stammer, half giggle paired with a radiant smile

Jack smiled back. “Cool.” He said and touched her shoulder.

The next part was… Strange. Her left hand started to float. It lifted up and up until it was suspended above her head by way of a beautiful red and totally imaginary balloon. Kerry knew on some level that the balloon was a complete fiction, which, and this was the strange part, didn’t stop her from knowing with even more certainty that the balloon was completely real. She felt it, heard it, and even saw it drag her arm up and hold it there immobile, dangling above her head like the pose of a very lazy ballerina. Kerry was speechless.

Gently, Jack touched her elbow and the balloon was gone. “Welp. That’s hypnosis.” He said, as her arm drifted down to her side again. He gathered up the containers and stepped, somewhat hurriedly Kerry thought, out of the walk in.

Kerry shuddered. She would have liked a moment to let what she’d just experienced wash over her but Chad, the manager on duty, poked his head into the cooler. “We got people up front, Kerry.” He said.

Kerry felt a bit deflated. Still jittery, still amped up, but just a bit let down. Such a rush, but over so fast. She couldn’t help replaying the memories and sensations over in her mind as she made her way up to the registers at the restaurant’s front counter. She smiled and took the customer’s orders, back on autopilot once again, wondering what Jack might do, what he could make her do, if he hypnotized her again.

The bridge shift dragged noticeably more than it usually did. Partly because of the tension Kerry felt, but partly from a growing worry about Jack. His face looked troubled since the moment they’d shared in the cooler. Kerry would have been happy to talk things out with him, but the opportunity was reluctant to present itself. Here a customer would walk in. There Chad would think of some inane busywork for her to do. Jack seemed about to say something to her once or twice, but veered off abruptly when Chad came around. Eventually around three the manager sequestered himself in the restaurant’s small office to tally the registers. Kerry was done with everything else but rolling flatware into bundles of napkin, and Jack was loafing around waiting for either a customer or the end of his shift.

“Um… hey Jack?” Kerry began.

“Yes?” Jack answered.

The door beeped just as Kerry opened her mouth to speak. A harried looking older woman in a pants suit stalked up to the register and huffed into her phone. Kerry cursed under her breath and made her way over to take the woman’s order. She had to wait, of course, as the woman surveyed the giant menu mounted on the wall, and fussed into her phone about what everyone wanted. At last the woman ordered. Two pizzas and a salad. Kerry wrung her up and tackled the salad as Jack whipped up the pizzas to complete the woman’s order. Kerry placed the boxed salad on the small wheeled table where orders were assembled and waited as Jack slipped the pizzas into the oven. He stood, holding the what he referred to as ‘the pizza wand’ like a samurai would hold a katana and Kerry giggled. He grinned at her, then his face went serious. For a moment he couldn’t meet her eyes.

“You okay?” Kerry asked.

“Yeah I just...” He shifted his weight from one foot to the other and back again.

“What?”

“Are you hypnotized?” He asked, finally looking back at her.

The question didn’t really register in Kerry’s brain. She had a brief moment to consider the individual words and identify them before a bubble of comfortable silence displaced her thoughts.

“Yes.” She heard herself say in a flat monotone.

Jack said things. She agreed. He asked her questions. She answered them. At some point she took the lady her food packed in to go boxes, then returned to listen to Jack some more. She was on autopilot again, but this time it felt very, very good. When she blinked awake some time later, it was time to clock out. There was so much she wanted to ask Jack, but she had to get to class. So instead she hugged him, and for good measure gave him a parting poke to the ribs. He crumpled, as usual, and swore his revenge. She smiled at him, her hands held demurely in front of her as she stuck her tongue out at him.

That night Kerry stared down at her textbook and sighed. Class had been boring as usual, and much like her job she’d gone through it on autopilot. She’d apparently managed to take decent notes for a change, but she was having a hard time focusing on the reading. The events of the day weren’t helping. It seemed that no sooner had she pushed away the memory of Jack’s smooth voice blanking her mind that it popped right back up, and made her feverish. She sighed again, louder this time. Her inability to concentrate on her class work wasn’t new. She wasn’t exactly a terrible student, but she knew she could be doing much better. With a final and much harsher sigh she closed the book and stood up. She was done for the night, she knew that much. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a popsicle from the freezer. She fully intended to plop down on the couch with her roommate and watch TV until bed, screw the homework. But then she just… didn’t.

Her whole body sagged as a now familiar looseness overcame it. Then, slowly, her posture straightened until she was standing at attention. With lidded, fluttering eyes she not so much walked as glided back to her room. She sat down, opened her textbook, and stared. Her eyes were glazed as they moved back and forth across the page, much the same way they’d followed Jack’s finger earlier in the day. She didn’t so much read as absorb the words into her brain. Page after page she went through, her empty mind filling with her course materials.

It was the cold of her melting popsicle that snapped her out of it. Or, mostly snapped her out. Kerry swore to herself as she licked the sticky sweet juice from her fingers. She glanced down at her text book to see if she’d spilled anything on it, and her thoughts flattened. She wasn’t done studying just yet.

“...Yes… Jack...” She muttered to herself as she continued studying, all the while she absently fellated the melting popsicle.

She blinked, and found herself licking a clean popsicle stick. She was done with studying. She looked over her homework. That was done too. All of it. Jack had somehow hypnotized her into being some kind of super student; she could almost feel the bullet points from lecture nestled in some subconscious corner of her mind, waiting for the exam.

None of it had been sexual, Kerry realized as she climbed in bed. The thing with the balloon, the studying now, that stretch of blankness while she’d been working. Jack had barely even touched her, except a few taps on her shoulder and elbow, and that bit where she’d leaned against him. So why was she so fucking horny? I might actually really like him. She thought to herself as she slipped her hand into her panties and touched her clit. Try as she might, she couldn’t seem to slip back into that delicious trance Jack had given her, which was a little disappointing. But only a little, as the memory was more than enough to send her over the edge. Twice.