The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Foreward: if you’re expecting a beat the meat story, this probably isn’t it. —Blackie

* * *

A Touch of Green

Chapter One

Some dreams walk on two legs. They smile with the brightness of the sun and never know you’re lost in them.

I knew her. It was a point of pride. I suppose there’s no other way to talk about her. Her name was Cecelia, but everyone called her Celia. Just saying her name aloud was like a spark to start flames.

What she looked like. I could try to describe the perfect bounce to her hair’s movement as she simply walked. She had a soft blond haze of hair about her I suppose, that glowed like a halo. Yes, of course she had eyes, a beautiful pair of portals surrounded by green pools that always splashed when looked at her. The life behind those gateways was clearly vibrant and alive, though she always seemed to be seeking something from behind them.

Slender, with a tender curve between her hips and her waist that was such an intense shape by itself, the elegant shape she had moved like bamboo in a gentle breeze. Her legs displayed the grace of a dancer. She might be a bit taller than the classical dancers, maybe a touch above average. It was hard to tell since the footwear she had on when I’d see her varied in height. Her slightly larger than average chest may have made being a dancer unlikely though.

Her skin tone was creamy to the eyes. If she was wearing more than a hint of make-up, I never could tell. Other perhaps than the slight gloss her lips always had. Perhaps that was natural. If you lowered your eyes on her from her face, the proportions were always noticeably pleasing.

In her presence you only ever caught the slightest hint of perfume. If ever. Her scent was just about ideal even without the perfume. It made her seem as though she was so fresh she’d just been plucked from the heavens.

None of this explains how everything happened. It merely describes her appearance, though if I spoke of the sharpness of the mind behind her eyes it would truly be inadequate.

She lived two floors down from me. Often I would encounter her in the lobby, she would smile at me and the entire day brightened. We would exchange pleasantries and somehow I failed to speak past the shining glow of her presence to ask her out.

Then she’d be gone again. Wild yet not attached to anyone. I’d see her in places with others sometimes, say the coffee shop half a block away, sitting and talking. No one approached her though. It was as if there was an invisible field around her no one could broach.

You know this had to change.

* * *

Ben sat at the Green Glass’s bar, sipping a glass of soda. He’d been sitting for a while without buying any serious drinks. The place had the air of a pick up joint, crowds in so close you couldn’t hear the conversation of the person next to him.

It’d been three months since Angelika left him. It didn’t break his heart at all, but he did miss the relief of having the sure thing in his life. That was indeed one of her complaints, as beautiful as her body was, as graceful as she could be, she didn’t like having sack time with him any longer.

Watching the women in the Green Glass was rather strange after he’d given up hope of even conversing with one of them. They were all dressed well and coiffured in varying different styles. Many of them displayed a bit of leg or their bared shoulders, dresses with wide cleavages, with poses that appeared to be intended to attract the men in the place. Hed been feeling the urge before, and the women here certainly were pressing his inner hungers.

Ben had tried to talk to a few seemingly unattached women. Each time he started to talk to one, they’d brushed him aside. One scrunched her face up as to display disgust that he’d even try to talk to her. He didn’t understand why that would happen, a look in the bar mirror showed he wasn’t distinctly different in appearance than many of the other men in the place. Attempts to offer to buy drinks continued to leave him standing alone as woman after woman walked away from him.

He could develop strong anger against women if he trusted this place as the sole location one might meet women. The attitudes were clearly about being superior to others, and even the ones that looked more than apt to simply rush to the sack put him off as if something was wrong with him.

“Hey,” he called the bartender over. “do I stink or something?”

“Nope,” the man was clearing away empty glasses or would have been far too busy filling clean ones to say a word. “Unless you’re a regular here, it’s common for the ladies to avoid someone like they have plague. If you showed up nightly it might change.” Then he disappeared to perform his drink mixing duties for a couple several seats up.

Ben blinked. It never occurred to him walking into a meet and great place would require lengthy exposure to the denizens before he could even converse with the women. He knew it wasn’t the usual environment for him, but still thought meeting people could result in at least some conversation before being tossed aside.

He tried to think about the places he had met women he’d dated in the past. After hours from work going to have drinks, friends’ parties, going out to activities he’d seen for people to gather, playing volleyball, just being willing to talk to strangers was high on the list. He’d met Angelika at one of those lightweight but enjoyable adult education classes. Had to stop thinking about Angelika.

The best thing for that would be if he could find someone for a few dives into naked bliss. That’s why he’d thought to come out tonight. Well, these weren’t actually people open to meeting him it seemed. He’d have to be a regular here, and he thought, being a regular somewhere else had to cost less than these drinks did.

A man reaching in to pay his tab nudged his arm and caused him to spill his drink. This jolted his thoughts to the noisy mob scene. The fellow in the blazer who’d done the damage quickly grabbed up some napkins to sop up the mess.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to upset the glass.” The fellow looked apologetic too, and this was certainly not the kind of place one would have a brawl over one spilled drink.

“It’s all right,” said Ben. “It was only soda anyway. I’m sure that... ”

The bartender replaced the glass and topped it off, knowing that Ben was just hovering after having a couple serious drinks earlier. Ben didn’t know the bartender’s name, but he seemed to understand Ben had cut himself off.

Ben turned to look at the man who had bumped him again, but the space he’d occupied was empty now. He’d left money on the bar for drinks he’d picked up. It looked like he’d had cuff-links too, since there was a green colored stone on the counter that seemed to have fallen off when he paid. Ben picked up the stone and looked at it.

Nothing special, he had thought. Something similar to the color of Angelika’s eyes. He fantasized for a moment about her naked form in bed with him, and sighed. He really wished he could simply reach into people’s head mentally hypnotizing them to make it easier to manage relationships. He wasn’t the most elegant at talking to others or dealing with simple frictions.

Besides, he’d like to be able to force some of the beautiful women into bed who had brushed him off abruptly. It was a pain to be rejected outright so often. Looking up and around at everyone, he saw the room with a new sharper focus and even the attractive women seemed less interesting to him. It was a jolt to his perception that brought him the thought he should be somewhere else to do this.

He sobered up suddenly and finished the drink. Collecting his own jacket, he strode to the door, leaving the Green Glass’s noisy gathering behind.

The bartender looked at the green stone left behind and swept it, along with a number of bar nuts into a napkin, throwing the entire mess out in one smooth motion. He didn’t see the brief bright flash as the stone simply decayed into nothingness.

The New York night was cool to Ben so his jacket went on. He would find a better place to meet people. Just not tonight. So instead of trying somewhere less crowded, having seen enough women for the evening who issued humiliating variants of “get lost,” he simply went home.

* * *

The day started like any other day, his eyes opened. It was a regular problem for Ben. His eyes opened. He sat up. The alarm went off like a screaming mimi before he could set the clock to avoid that.

Time seemed to freeze as he reached for the alarm. The world shimmered and seemed to collapse into a stream of white rushing by his view. It was as if freight train was rushing past him on either side, glowing lines of bright freight zooming by.

Then it was over and his hand came down on the clock to turn off the alarm. Ben shivered and looked about. Everything seemed normal. He had no idea what just happened. He closed his eyes and re-opened them. Once more he looked about. He could not account for the odd sensation.

He stood. The normal morning routine was toiletry, shower, shave... He paused with his razor in his hand. This was not a freeze of time, it was what his eyes looked like in the mirror.

He’d always had blue eyes under those firm eyebrows. What looked back at him from the mirror, while decidedly his face and hair were not the eyes he expected. The eyes looking back at him looked silver, not blue. He blinked a couple times and the blue returned.

Leaning in with his hands on the counter he stared at the face looking back at him from the mirror. Ben didn’t know if he was having hallucinations or just dizzy from something. Food. Food would help.

He put his slacks and shirt on, then went to the kitchen. Breakfast was eggs and sausage, his first cup of coffee for the day and a bun he had heated in the convection oven. While he ate, he took the time to consider the oddities of the morning.

What could it mean, the sudden flash freeze then his eyes. He couldn’t account for it at all. The world seemed, felt normal to him. He wondered if he just had some kind of seizure. His hands seemed steady enough. He pulled out his cell phone.

“This is the office of Doctors Abrams, Johnson and Reedy. Please press one to ...” Ben spoke to the clerk in charge of appointments, making an appointment for himself with Doctor Abrams. They couldn’t see him until Thursday, today being Tuesday. He could wait, he didn’t feel anything wrong. Still, there was no reason to take a risk. It just deemed sensible.

The table took only a few minutes to clear when he was done eating. He pulled on his socks, shoes... then headed for the elevator. It was a short wait and the elevator paused two floors down from his apartment.

Celia stepped through the doors and smiled at Ben as she always did. He liked these little moments. It wasn’t the normal event for her to ride down the same trip as he did in the morning, but it did happen.

“Good morning,” he said.

“It’s nice to see you, Ben,” Celia replied. Her eyes caught his and suddenly he felt as if he had seen right through her eyes.

Something happened, her head tilted. For an instant he saw her the way he daydreamed of her, giving herself from the deepest parts of her being through her body to him. Her delicate hands supplicant to him, palms up. She seemed to float in his vision. Then the vision snapped as Celia turned to face the front of the elevator.

For an instant after though it appeared she shuddered. He caught his own eyes in the reflection on the stainless steel wall above the control panel, his eyes fading back to blue from the shade of silver he’d seen in the mirror. Then he thought he caught a hint of her eyes watching his reflection but when he tried to look again to be certain she was looking in her purse, getting something for herself from it.

He found himself standing up straighter again, glad of the planned trip to the doctor more than he’d been when he made the appointment.

* * *

For some reason, his personal daydream... no, call it a vision. It strengthened a need that his sex life had to pick up, somehow. The dinosaur which had been slumbering since Angelika, was trying to roar.

As he passed women today on the street, seeing hints of breasts showing in cleavage, attractive mouths with only the least hint of lipstick turning his eyes away from those with too what seemed too much, the occasional glimpse of attractive bottoms on hourglass like forms... he could feel a desire rising within himself.

He paused occasionally as particularly attractive women passed him on the sidewalk, trying not to stare at their shape, or their exposed bits. Yet he found himself unable to do otherwise with a few. The inner hunger had been growing that much.

After checking his watch he realized he only had a little time to pop into the coffee shop next to his office’s building before he’d be late. His boss, Janet that is, would not be happy if he was late today. They had a presentation for a client in the afternoon. It had to be fully prepared. So he didn’t have time for dawdling and enjoying eye candy.

The coffee shop was pretty well depleted of people. He was there a bit later than usual. The crowd rush of morning had let up before he stepped in the door. He worried a little this meant he might be later than he thought. Still, without the next cup of awake juice he wasn’t going to be functional long in the office.

“May I help you?” With the counter between them, Ben was still finding himself more than a little interested in the girl taking orders. Her eyes twinkled as if she was up to mischief, her soft red lips immediately smiled as he looked down from the menu panel. He caught himself looking at her exposed skin where the blouse she had one parted.

“Yes, I’d like...” he paused, thinking to himself he’d like to see her play with her nipples but checking that thought though it felt reasonable to him. “a regular, and a blueberry bagel, with cream chee...”

He’d caught himself in the middle of the sentence as he looked at her again, her supple fingers gently kneading her own nipples as she listened intently. Her lips opened slightly, a bit wet from her tongue it seemed, and a slight moan escaped. Her eyes partially lidded and it was evident she was unaware of the public nature of this display. He watched for a moment then thought to himself, this isn’t the place and time for her to be doing a sexual performance. She stopped immediately, her eyes in an almost bedroom trance as she looked at him.

“with cream cheese, sir?” She answered his order as if nothing had happened at all. She rang up and told him the total which he immediately paid in cash. He couldn’t stop watching her face, trying to figure out what had come over her. No one else seemed to have seen or noticed anything had happened. At all.

“Would you like to go out some time?,” he asked, not the least certain what happened but not wanting opportunity to vanish. He did have to get into the office though. Seriously, this was no time to get into a clench with anyone but maybe she’d be willing to see him socially.

Then those same fingers that had been stroking her breasts through the clothing picked up a piece of paper and wrote on it.

“Call me,” she said, “I usually don’t go out with customers but something about you makes me intrigued.”

She turned and fixed his coffee to go, picked up the bagel the cook had prepared placing both into the white and green bag with the shop’s logo. She tucked the paper with her number on it directly into his hand with a lingering smile and handed him the bag.

Inexplicably, she rocked herself on her heels as if in a daydream while waiting the next customer. Ben realized he hadn’t gotten her name, reading Niki on her greeting badge. He looked at the slip of paper in his hand and she’d written a name there too, only it wasn’t Niki. It was Ginny.

“Um, you know you wrote Ginny on this...” Her eyes popped open wide.

“Shh,” she said, “customers aren’t supposed to know our real names. I’ll explain it if you ask later.”

He nodded and smiled. She looked like she was beaming as though she’d revealed a great secret. Ben stepped away and as the bells at the door rang to admit another customer, he made his way out of the shop.

* * *

Sitting at his desk, Ben tried to figure out what had happened. Certainly he’d only been imagining Ginny rubbing her nipples, but he had her phone number here in his hand. She indeed had the package, a young coed aged woman who, as far as he knew now, was interested in him. Just what the inner beast was longing for.

How it came about though was puzzling. It seemed so unlikely she would start fondling herself in public suddenly out of interest in him. She’d never indicated the least bit of interest before. For such an event to occur out of the blue, with her, shapely as she is he thought, just didn’t make sense.

Tucking the paper with her number into his wallet, he shook himself. He had to get the presentation completed. Charts and numbers were certain to make his physical reaction to Ginny back to normal. It seemed to him a resolution was coming to his personal problem.

“Ben,” he heard his boss say. She had that contralto tone that said she wanted something immediately. “Have you picked up print job?”

He knew she meant the handout booklets for the client to review during the presentation. He’d gotten them late in the day yesterday.

“They’re on the file cabinets in front of your office.” He responded. “I got them late in the day and just set them out so when you got the time you could check if you are satisfied.”

“Why the hell didn’t you leave them in my office,” Janet almost snarled. He could hear a bit of irritation in her voice. “You need to learn to anticipate.”

He could hear her let out one of those disgusted sounds she made when he wasn’t getting things done exactly as she wanted.

“Next time leave them on my desk,” she grumbled with what sounded like she was getting angry. She must be anticipating a difficult pitch he thought. Some more noise came from her office that sounded like a couple mumbled curses. He worried she was too wound up to avoid being angry today.

He stood up, walking towards her office, but Janet came out to look herself. She’d dressed to be both imposing and attractive today. The dark burgundy colored dress she had on was mid-length on her legs and the slight split in the side allowed a little bit of her leg above the knee to display. Ben’s mind with a click was back in beast of desire mode in a heartbeat.

Her bottom shaped the back of the dress as she leaned over to look at the materials. He could make out her toned form as though the dress was missing completely. The curve of her torso was a wonderful shape to see from behind. He hadn’t given her a second thought before, she was his boss after all. None the less, she was in good shape for a woman in her early thirties. Looking up he saw her dark hair was done in a braided pony-tail just now. That made her soft clear neck obvious, with those perfect ear curves displayed, small bright red earrings in them.

As she stood and turned, holding one of the pamphlets, was focused on the contents in her hand. He could see the almost almond like shape of her eyes, the pert well formed nose, and even the slight wrinkles that came from smiling as much as she did. The fact her thin form demonstrated her chest was not one of the things likely to catch the average man’s eyes at first glance did not make her any the less the object of much sexual tension. Which, he contemplated, she took full advantage of with anyone she had to for her to get her job done.

“This looks great after all. I suppose if you did the rest of your job as well it wouldn’t be so..., Hey.”

“Yes, what?” She was looking at him rather curiously. “What happened with your eyes?”

“huh?” Ben looked around for a mirror, trying to see his own eyes, but when he found on on Stephanie’s desk next to his they looked normal to him. “Do I look like I didn’t get enough sleep again?”

“No, for an instant there, I’d have sworn they were silver, maybe,” she looked concerned. She couldn’t lose his help during the presentation. “Are you sick or something?”

“Not at all, but I am having some interesting problems with focusing today,” he confessed.

“Well you be damn sure you’re focused with Haggelstein this afternoon. I don’t want this account to take flight. I’ll do my part, you just make sure you get me all the details when he starts asking for anything I’m not prepared for.”

She turned and started to walk back into her office. The door closed. Ben stood dumbfounded. She’d seen the silver eye thing too. Maybe the doctor’s appointment was more critical than he’d thought. His mind only briefly clung to that idea as his thought drifted to thinking of her doing what he told her to do, since she was already looking ready for full throttle herself.

It took him the next two hours to get extra spreadsheets for the markets involved together, plus the display images in the right sequence. He was ready though when the gray haired manager from Haggelstein arrived. He’d set up the conference room and ensured the visual display was set up, tested it even. As Janet led the Haggelstein team into the office, he handed her the remote and for the first time today had touched her hand in the process. It was like a jolt, a click in his head and he could almost see the gears in his own head grinding.

Pulling himself together he closed the conference room door. He slightly dimmed the lights, not too much, but so the large monitor would be a little less washed out from the lighting. With the team from Haggelstein were the manager they usually dealt with, a Mr Tilton, another mature gentleman with gray hair as well, three women about Janet’s age and a young man in his mid-twenties.

“Let me introduce my staff that will be working on this with you as we go forward,” Mr Tilton said. “This is Lily Marlston,” one of the woman, a rather square jawed lady noded, “Margaret Eggers,” the next woman in line with slightly red though very dark hair nodded, “Bethany Pedesto,” the blond in the group noded, “and Timothy Owls.” The young man said “hello” in a quiet but audible voice, almost a disinterested sound.

“This is our Vice President for East Coast Operations, Mr Thorn.” This added last made the presentation of individuals complete. He then looked at his own staff and said, “Janet Oliver is the person we’ve been working with for the last five years here at Earnest Blackburn. Ben Stonebrook works for her.” He turned towards Janet.

“So, what have you got for us?” His features looked stern and steady, but for some reason Ben was sensing Mr Tilton was not certain this was what Haggelstein wanted.

Janet flipped on the monitor and got the first slide up. She went straight into the presentation. He watched her going through the discussion, her body fluidly moving with the explanations of each step the meeting covered. He found himself focused on her to help catch out any slips she made in facts, which, sometimes she did. She was very good at this so it didn’t happen a lot. She was in charge of the room and Mr Tilton seemed to relax into the patter of presentation, questions, answers... continued steps, each slide being presented with care.

Ben surveyed the Haggelstein team and saw the young man was paying the most attention and the women in the team seemed put off a bit. Tilton himself seemed happy now, comfortable things were meeting his requirements. But Mr Thorn appeared to be slowly giving off body language that implied he did not like Janet’s presentation. As usual when Janet looked his way, he gave the signal showing some of her audience was drifting into heavy resistance areas.

With planned skill Janet picked up her cup of water and looked at at Ben, the implicit query about who was being lost to her. He looked directly at Mr Thorn so she could tell and then she picked up the thread again. Ben tried to imagine getting Thorn to change his attitude about the presentation and become more open to Janet’s presentation. He hoped she would pick up on his noticing Thorn’s body language and so the could steer the man around.

In no time she was focusing on convincing Thorn, whose demeanor slowly changed again, the crossed arms moved to more open positions, the head tilted and nodded occasionally. Ben let out a soft sound of relief and noticed the women who had been holding themselves negatively also softened. Apparently they were taking their cues from Thorn, not from Tilton at all.

The young man ended up offering the only serious objections in the entire presentation, which Janet turned on his heels with a smile and meeting his eyes directly. This was a trick she had the often worked on the younger associates that came to these things. The idea was to ensure everyone came away with a sense they’d gotten some measure of importance.

Ben was thankful when the meeting let up and ended. All the handshaking and smiling aside, he disliked sitting still in the conference room for the hours it required. He drew one of the women to the side and gently guided the conversation around what she thought of the entire plan. She actually seemed much more pleased but the real question was not what she thought, but what Thorn thought.

“I think Mr Thorn was impressed,” she said. “He usually ends these things abruptly when he doesn’t like what he’s hearing.” Ben thought that sounded good but he wished he could get the truth about Thorn without having to infer from these after session conversations.

“Lily is the only one who will know for certain what he thinks today,” she went on, unprompted, “she’s the one he’s been fucking behind his wife’s back the last two years. But Magaret will protect him without question, and he knows it too. I think the decision has already been made in your favor.” Ben barely kept his jaw from dropping wide. She smiled sweetly, turned on her heels and rejoined the rest of the Haggelstein team before they left.

He watched Janet politely usher them to the elevators, trailing along quietly in case any other little bombshells fell from the heavens. The entourage all made it behind Tilton and Thorn, then the doors closed and Janet stood a moment, waiting to ensure it was over for the day.

The dress she had on, as much as her normal walking pattern, displayed her legs beneath her knees well as she strode towards him. He could see the heels she had on displayed her ankles and calves to good effect. He looked back up at her face and saw satisfaction in her. He’d known her long enough to know she felt she did well even though she might be uncertain.

Janet felt something inside she was uncertain about. She thought she was in control in the meeting until Ben had guided her to the fact a problem arose. She did fine turning it around, she knew that. She knew though she might not have focused on Thorn though even then except she felt that she had to. She would have let it slide a little further so the signal between them was less likely to be noticed. There’d been a compulsion behind it though. That was what left her uncertain. She didn’t know why she had suddenly found herself more tightly focused.

Now she looked at Ben and saw he was watching her more intently than usual. The thing with his eyes this morning was a little like this only his eyes were not that silver... or was it grey... it’d been this morning. Something about that moment had stirred her, but it may simply have been knowing everything was ready. This is an office and she was in charge, in control, and he was her employee.

Ben stood steady as she walked to him. She paused and she looked up at him, even in those heels she was still shorter than him enough she had to tilt her head.

“That went well enough,” she said,“I expect we’ll hear by mid-day tomorrow.”

“Might even hear in the morning,” he responded. “It turns out one of the women is sleeping with Thorn.”

“The one you were talking to?”

“No, she just dropped that on me like a bombshell while I was chatting with her. I don’t know why she just suddenly... but if it’s useful, we know.”

“Oh you are doing your job well. Good for you.” Ben thought to himself, if if was that good, how about a nice reward. Say a nice intense kiss.

“I’m sure it will show up in my review then,” he replied without hesitation.

For no apparent reason she leaned up and kissed him. Her soft lips found his and her tongue followed tracing his own lips softly with her eyes closed, her mouth opening slightly as she drew away. In the breath that followed her eyes hooded smokily as she gazed at him. Janet stood as if nothing happened for just another moment eyes normal and challenging. Something he saw behind them seem to be ... he couldn’t put a finger on it. Then she strolled off towards her office.

“You can bet it will,” she said as her tail end moved along with the rest of her form away from him.

Ben stood still a moment, just surprised his normally aloof and tough boss lady had given him what could easily be the most unprofessional contact he could imagine. He reached up and touched a finger to his lips, remembering the contact with pleasure.

Janet stiffly sat down at her desk and tried to look busy. Why did she do that? He didn’t make a move on her. She’d just decided to kiss him as a reward. If he mentioned it to anyone HR would be all over her and they’d be making her rush off to classes for corrective action. Not only that, but she could lose her position here. Worse still, someone might hear about it then apply a little bit of threatening to make her decisions bend just a little. This was not good.

Her hand shook a little from knowing that it had been totally out of character. She never came out of her business character while dealing with people for work. Ever. What had made her think it was even mildly a good idea?

* * *

The day was almost over. Ben had sent out the emails. Notifications and requests for the departments to prepare contingently for the meeting. He knew if he didn’t get all this done Janet would chew him out.

Which immediately had him thinking about the hot contact with her lips near the elevators. In a day of odd things happening, that stood out. Her nature would suggest she’d never, not ever, commit an act like that in a professional environment. He’d always imagined she was like a volcano in private with her lover, but that was all fantasy thoughts he used to have when he started working with her.

Janet was the least likely person he could imagine kissing him spontaneously even in joy over a large business success.

That had been preceded by the incident with the woman from Hagglestein, suddenly dropping such intimate private information about one of her bosses. Ben could not imagine she’d reach a position she was important in the meeting without having the ability to keep confidences.

In the morning he remembered the sudden flash of Janet telling him his eyes had changed color briefly. The same color he’d seen in them before he got to work.

Then there had been Ginny. Oh crap he thought, he’d forgotten about Ginny! He wondered if it was late enough yet to call her to be able to reach her. Since she probably started work early in the morning, she was likely to be off work by now. Maybe he should call right now.

Pulling out the phone number, he looked at the hurried writing on it, pulled out his cell. He coded her as a contact into his phone on the spot, but thought... as most people do when they have a phone number from someone new, would it seem too desperate, too anxious to call her so soon? He put the cell away and tucked the slip of paper back into his pocket. Thinking on her behavior at the cash register, that had to be put into the oddest part of the events queue for the day.

Even earlier though, he remembered when Celia walked into the elevator with him. That memory seemed more like a floating dream right now. She always had an effect on him though she only knew him to exchange greetings of familiarity.

What had happened when he woke up today? What was that about? Closing his eyes he concentrated on remembering it, but it was like an early morning mist after street cleaners passed during hot summer days. It just wouldn’t come into focus, falling away from him as though it could be out of reach no matter what he did.

It clicked in him. The women who had done things, the things they did meshed up almost perfectly with his little mental digressions. Janet when he wanted to be rewarded with a kiss, the Haggelstein woman’s sudden honest burst of information, Ginny when he was idly being a bit lecherous about her.

It all had to be related to the morning event when he woke. Was reality shifting for his thoughts? No, that didn’t fit quite. Though it certainly seemed changed.

Ben had a slight inkling now. He’d mentally traced events of the day back. He didn’t know how it happened but he knew it had to have started when time seemed to freeze. He didn’t grasp why that happened. Had anything else strange happened recently? How recent was recently for these things?

* * *

Celcelia Dunne chose the side of the seating in the class. Near the door. Though she was easily collecting high marks, she liked sometimes to slip out before the end of lectures. It was her habit to stay away from all the young male students that thought she was available. Oh, she didn’t have a guy... but she was decidedly not interested in starting something. Someday maybe romance would find her, until then though, she was engaged in getting her masters. All while working as a buyer for a large retail clothing chain. It was her need to work at peculiar hours sometimes that made it easier to ensure she could continue to attend school.

The class today was on marketing demographics. It was very dull as well. The professor in his glasses and out of date sweater vest looked very professorial she supposed. He seemed stuffy and kept referring to abstract numbers, how they were collected and what kind of numbers were needed to make the statistics meaningful. It was a larger yawn than usual, she’d read through the textbook twice and possibly could have made the lecture more interesting just by doing it herself.

Looking around the room she saw some of the other students were also oblivious to the lecture. There was a young woman just a couple seats over to the right of her who was trying to get the attention of a young man. Celia’s lips found a smirk as she saw the woman open her legs wide while catching the man’s eyes. She wouldn’t be caught doing that for anyone. Even if she had someone she had any interest in at all. She tried not to watch, actually embarrassed for the other woman who was now undoing a button or two more of her blouse. Even from her angle, Celia could see the soft mounds with a hint that just a little more opening could expose the darker nipple flesh.

Rather than subject herself to watching the female student’s public display become more humiliating, she slipped quietly from her seat. Unconsciously holding her books to her bosom in a way that would ensure her own cleavage was not on display, she slid through the side door of the classroom without a sound. She didn’t care much if she had to watch models displaying clothing in ways meant to be alluring, but the deliberate lewd display just was not something she would stick around for.

The thoughts did bring her back to the morning though. She didn’t understand why. It was pretty normal in all ways, up first thing. Dressed as normally as ever, getting her stockings on, bra holding her breasts firmly in place, blouse, the skirt she had on that was reminiscent of bobby socks style though she was in heels that were a bit more about adding height than anything else. She wanted to be able to see nearly eye to eye with some of the others she had to deal with today.

Breakfast had been normal, some oatmeal, a couple strips of bacon, the orange juice. In all, the morning started out quiet. Even the slight amount of make-up she wore did not have any clumsy application requiring her to start over as some days did. She even remembered locking the apartment deadbolt. She had been thinking about the new line for the out of town stores she’d ordered while she waited for the elevator.

She’d greeted Ben in her usual non-committal way, knowing she was expected to be at least mildly sociable with neighbors in the building. Then she’d felt light headed, perhaps a little floaty for a few minutes until the doors opened in the lobby. Thinking back on it now, she felt a warmth in her thighs and a touch of sensitivity in her chest.

She blinked it away and instead decided she had to focus on getting to her last class.

* * *

Her cell rang with the melody for a caller she didn’t already know. The number shown by caller id was not familiar. She puzzled for a moment over the number, not answering right away. She had just gotten home and no one she expected called at this time. Ginny finally answered.

“Hello?”

“Hi, is this Ginny?” The male voice had a normal tenor she knew, but wasn’t placing right away. “This is Ben.”

Yes, the young man she admired this morning unexpectedly she thought. Regular and blueberry bagel... she unexpectedly let out a light giggle she quickly squelched. With cream cheese.

“I was wondering if you would like to meet for a drink, possibly a little something to eat?”

“Um, I hav...,” she caught herself short. No, she didn’t have plans for the evening, he’d obviously made some kind of impression on her this morning. For some reason his voice brought back a twinge of heat to her breasts. Interestingly she was a little fuzzy on meeting him other than she liked him and had given him her number. Along with her real name. “Sure, where at?”

“How does the place at the southwest corner of 78th and 7th Avenue. I think they still have sidewalk seating and the weather is very nice.”

Ginny liked that. He suggested a very open place to meet and was being gentlemanly on the phone. Something inside reminded her she had wanted to make a date this morning with him.

“Sounds good to me. When?”

“Give me thirty minutes.”

“How about an hour? I need to change from work.”

“That works too.”

“Perfect,” she sighed to herself. She could be ready and there in an hour.

“Good, see you there,” with that the line went silent.

* * *

She recognized him immediately where he stood by the wrought iron fence meant to separate diners from pedestrians. The air smelled of freshly baked bread, grilled meat, with a hint of flowers from the florist next door. People walking past were clearly enjoying the autumn like weather, capturing the aromas, and strolling leisurely. It seemed a good evening for the outdoor cafe.

“Ben?” She smiled up at him, though he was somewhat taller than her, she made a point of looking up towards people she was trying to give good impressions to. Doing so brought out a smile from him in turn. He offered an arm... which she took without getting terribly close.

“Shall we get a place to sit?”

“Certainly. I’ve never eaten here before, are they good?”

“I haven’t either but it seemed like a good choice for coffee or a light something or other while we got to meet each other away from your shop,” he said that as if she were the proprietor of the coffee shop.

She let out a brief giggle and replied, “It’s not my shop. I just work there. But you know that already.”

“Yes indeed.” His head tipped to the maitre d’, “two please, out here in the air would be preferred...”

The man picked up two of the menus and a set of silverware wrapped in napkins for each of them, and said “This way if you please.” He led them to a table at the corner of the wrought iron fencing. It was perhaps a bit small, and round but there were two seats. “What would you like to drink... ?”

Ben asked for whatever was on draft, Ginny chose to ask for an iced tea. Then the man who seated them took off again to tend to his duties.

“What do you do, Ben?”

“I’m in marketing,” he responded. Ginny’s eyes raised a bit at that, curiousity in them now. Though she was looking directly into his eyes. He noted the hazel hue to them and thought he might see some flecks of goldish colors as well.

“I’m pretty much what they used to call a copy writer at one point, but now it’s more about getting graphics done, charting stuff, some step and fetch it, monotonous boring meetings...” He smiled. To himself he thought, it’s glorified clerical work in a way. He started to wonder what her lips would feel like and looked down at her blouse. She had one of those white button down tops that the outline of her bra could be seen through. She wore a skirt that was above the knees but not so much so as to be anything more than a little suggestive. His face a little red he remembered to lift his eyes back to hers.

For some reason she didn’t notice his eyes appraising her assets though.

“Hey,” she perked up a bit at him. “Do you guys ever hire models for your stuff?”

He smiled. All he had to do was say yes it seemed and she’d fall in his lap. But it wasn’t true and he wouldn’t lie about it.

“The models are handled by an agency and the customer. I have no say in what they do for that. The project I’m involved with right now will not be using any actors or models. Sorry.”

Her face didn’t fall as he was expecting. She smiled at him anyway.

“Darn. I do a little acting and modeling. Yeah, the entire aspiring actress thing.”

“Have you done the off-Broadway stuff at all?” He was thinking of a few of the shows he’d seen in SoHo some time past.

Thinking of the meeting and Janet’s behavior at his little thought suggestions. He looked her in the eye and tried to imagine her running her fingers over her lips a moment.

“I have periods I try auditioning and periods I just try to get through the months. I try not to keep my hopes too high,” she said.

“Maybe we should go see a show sometime. Something off off Broadway perhaps...”

She smiled and he noticed her hand had floated up towards her face. She ran her fingers over her lips softly a moment, a gesture he couldn’t miss as she did it, yet she appeared to be totally absently doing it. Then her hand moved back to the table and she said “I think I’d like that with you.”

Ben decided to try something more. A little thought formed and he focused a bit on her. He was trying to get her to move her hand to his; to draw it closer to her. Perhaps even to slip it into her lap or against one of those soft mounds of her chest. Nothing overt, just a little more than flirtation, as if to make an invitation.

Just then a man walked up in an apron with the orders notepad in his hand. He also had two glasses on a tray he had on his other hand. Setting down the notepad he placed the beer before Ben and an Ice Tea in front of Ginny. It was this moment Ginny’s hand reached out and took Ben’s, providing a very gentle but noticeable pull towards herself.

“Hi there! Aren’t you the cute couple,” he said with a wild tilt to his head and then laughed as Ginny pulled Ben’s hand into her lap. “I’m Sal. I’ll be your waiter tonight! Are you ready to order?”

Ben was distracted but Ginny ordered without letting go of his hand. Finally Ben placed his order, since she’d only ordered a salad, he ordered a desert dish. One of the pies he’d noticed on the tabbard placed on the table. Oh, and he suggested mentally to Ginny that she wanted to slip his hand between her legs.

As Sal wandered away again Ben’s hand found itself led down between Ginny’s thighs. They were warm and soft and he could feel her squeeze against him fingers a bit then open up. Her hand came away and she looked almost solemn for a moment. Feeling a little daring and knowing he could probably affect her with this odd newfound skill he slipped his fingers up under the skirt further, brushing softly against the outside of her panties.

Ginny let out a soft sigh. Her eyes fluttered momentarily and then her hand took his arm, drawing it back and away from the touch.

She said in an almost whisper, “you know this is probably not the best place to be doing that.”

Ginny slide her seat much closer to his and leaned in against his chest. “That felt wonderful though.”

She raised her head, presenting her face. Her eyes faded to closed as she titled up towards him. He bent his head so his lips met hers. It was a soft velvety touch as he slowly worked in closer, her tongue tip brushing over his lips with such a light contact. His lips opened and they explored the kiss a bit deeper, but broke it off without anything else. Her eyes practically glowed now.

Ben smiled. It would prove to be an interesting night indeed.

* * *