The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Valor Force

by Second Chair

Chapter 11

Epilogue

A very satisfying month later, Helena Rothridge is sitting behind the desk in the mayor’s office and looking out of the window. She looked out at Valley City as it stretched out before her. In her mind, she was reviewing the last several months. She had successfully captured, enslaved and very much... enjoyed the entire sexy, super hero team known to the people of Valley City as the Valor Force. They were all now her worshipfully loving, deeply devoted and absolutely obedient slaves. The powerful, solo super heroine Miss Amazing was her unplanned but just as much her devoted and obedient slave as the others. Helena had also taken total legal control of The Donner Group, North Star Technologies AND The Forsythe Family fortune as well. And now the mayor of Valley City was her devoted and obedient slave.

She turned her head from the window to look down at her bare feet. She laughed as she watched her newest slave happily kiss and lick her shoes. The mayor of Valley City, the Honorable Mrs. Edith Parker is forty two years old and stands five feet, four inches tall. A little overweight, she has shoulder length, dark brown hair, brown eyes, 34D breasts and a pale but healthy complexion. Overall, she is a very attractive and intelligent woman. She holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Yale and a master’s degree in finance from the Wharton School. Only a month into her third term, she has been the mayor of Valley City and has served the people of the city honorably for the last eight years. Now she happily serves her Mistress. Helena leans down, takes Edith by the chin, lifts her up to meet her gaze and kisses her.

“Such a good girl, Edith. You have proven yourself a very skilled, capable and, most importantly, an honest leader and have more than shown that you truly care about the good people of Valley City so I will be relying on you to continue to run the “day to day” affairs of our fair city as you have. I will only be... advising you when I think it necessary. I’m sure that together we can move Valley City forward, don’t you agree, my pet?“

Edith Parker looks up into her owner’s eyes with utter reverence, she feels only the deepest love and the sheerest joy at serving her Mistress.

“Yes, Mistress! I agree completely. I am yours to command, my Mistress!”

With that Edith bows down and continues to kiss and lick Helena’s shoes. Emma thought Helena was joking when she told her that she had planned to enslave the mayor and truly take total control of Valley City. While Emma agreed, she couldn’t honestly see the point. Although, now that they were standing in the center of city hall, Emma had to admit, seeing the half naked mayor of Valley City on her hands and knees and watching her kiss and lick Helena’s shoes was actually kind of hot when she thought about it! She certainly enjoyed it when the mayor of Valley City kissed her ass!

“Damn, baby! I still can’t believe we’ve actually done it! The city’s most powerful, meta human, super heroines are your obedient, boot-licking, little slave girls, and after that meeting with the Three Seats, you’ve taken complete control of the city’s underworld as well. Oh fuck, I can still see the looks on the faces of those clowns when we walked into that meeting with the Valor Force right behind us. Oh God, I thought that asshole, old man Caruso was going to have a fucking heart attack! God, how old is he, anyway? Like two hundred and something? Hell, that shriveled, arrogant, old asshole looks like a fucking walking corpse as it is. And now the mayor is your devoted and obedient slave too? My God, Helena, you fucking OWN this city!! Seriously, baby, I think you won! Now can we just go home and fuck each other till one of us screams for mercy!!“

Helena looks at her girlfriend standing just out of reach as she stands by the window and looks out on the city as well. Helena looks at the petite but powerful, twenty year old meta human as the sun hits her sexy body and laughs out loud. She loves Emma James completely and without reservation. Standing up, she moves around her slave, walks over and wraps her arms around Emma’s waist. She leans down and kisses her cheek as she hugs her tight. They stand there and quietly watch the people of Valley City go through their day with no idea of what these two powerful villains have accomplished or what it may well mean for them.

After a few silent minutes, Helena looks over her shoulder to the center of the mayor’s office at the six famous, powerful, costumed heroines. All of them on their knees and facing her with their hands behind their backs, fingers laced as they look to her. She knows that they are eager for the chance to obey even her smallest command. Seeing their Mistress acknowledge them, they all smile a wide, happy smile as they silently bow their heads to her.

As they kneel in total submission before her, Helena actually takes a moment for a little mental reflection. While she is fully aware that their love, devotion and obedience to her isn’t by their free choice, that she has used her own powerful abilities to enslave them against their wills, that given the choice or the chance, they would ALL happily kick her AND Emma’s asses up and down First Avenue and then just as happily toss them both in prison and throw away the key. But, she also knows that while they are under the control and influence of her power, that they are truly happy to be her slaves. She knows that, in their own minds, the deep love and devotion they feel for her and Emma is genuine and absolute, that serving them and obeying their Mistresses’ commands fills them with a happiness they’ve never experienced before.

So, the unspoken question she asks herself is this.

‘If you are truly happy, do the details... REALLY matter?!’

Deciding to let the grand philosophical question go for now, Helena responds to her girlfriend.

“Yes, Emma, I would say so. And this time, I promise, you will be the one screaming for mercy!“

“Oh yeah? Well, wouldn’t be the first time, would it, miss Rothridge? But, I’ll tell you this much, baby. If you love me and you do make me scream, it shouldn’t be for mercy!”

Turning back to the window, they laugh as they look out over their city. Helena slides her arms around Emma’s waist, pulls her closer to her and hugs her tight again. Spinning around to face her, Emma wraps her arms around Helena’s neck and puts as much into the kiss as Helena does. Finally breaking the kiss, Helena turns her attention back to the mayor.

“All right, slave. Get up and get dressed. It wouldn’t do to have your secretary, your assistant or the deputy mayor walk in and find you on your knees and half naked with those big, juicy tits of yours on full display like that. Although.., I have little doubt that Mr. deputy mayor Thomas Brown would love to see you like this. Hell, he’s probably imagined having you just like this a few times himself with him sitting in that chair and not me, of course.“

Hearing Emma’s light chuckle behind her, Helena smiles a little wider as she watches her slave get dressed. Once the Honorable Mayor Parker is dressed and looking “presentable,” she retakes her seat behind her desk and gets back to the business of running Valley City, now guided by her Mistress’s instructions. Satisfied that her obedient, new slave will now serve her interests well, Helena grabs her purse, takes Emma by the hand and turns to the enslaved heroines.

“Let’s go, Girls. It’s time to go home. I would say that Emma and I have some overdue and serious celebrating to do!”

“Yes, Mistress! We obey!”

In near perfect unison, Miss Amazing and the ladies of the Valor Force respond as they stand up and follow their beautiful, powerful Mistresses out of the mayor’s office and head for home.

* * *

Enzo Caruso walked out of the meeting in which the Royal had so arrogantly just told the Three Seats that SHE was the new “Queen and Top Boss” of Valley City’s entire criminal underworld.

The Three Seats are a neutral three member “Board of Bosses” chosen fom among Valley City’s oldest, long-standing criminal families. They are responsible for maintaining the relative peace in Valley City’s underworld. And avoiding the direct... attention of any Supers. All of the families had agreed to the “Three Seats” after the last bad and bloody mafia war that had EVERY law enforcement agency in the city, the state, and more than a few federal agencies, in addition to most of the city’s costumed Supers involved. That was one damned ugly and very costly period of time. It took years just to recover and get back to “zero”. Since that time, the Seats have settled any and all disagreements between the families and their people, decided territories, decided who manages which of their various industries such as gambling, narcotics, prostitution, sex slavery, law enforcement pay-outs, new markets for their various... products, and especially the decision to eliminate... problematic individuals, etc.. In exchange, all of the families agreed to abide by their decisions or face serious repercussions.

And now this meta human woman was declaring herself above the Seats? That SHE was THE boss!?!

‘Everything you do goes through me, now! As you can see, I control Miss Amazing and the Valor Force. I control the mayor and now I control things here. Unless any of you would like to... discuss it? No? Very good, gentlemen. Meeting adjourned!’

As he thought about the sheer audacity of her unbelievably brazen attitude, he was feeling more pissed off and insulted by the minute. As the limo made its way through traffic, not even the glass of whiskey in his left hand, the Cuban cigar in his right hand or the kneeling, naked girl on her knees sucking his dick was helping his attitude. He had to do something. As the highest ranking and longest serving Seat, he knew HE had to set an example that would send an unmistakable message to not only the Royal, but to ANYONE, meta human or not! That message being that... WE are in charge!! The Three Seats and not some super powered, genetic freak! He looked over at Anton.

“God damn bitch!! Who does that fucking... cunt think she is?! Walking into OUR house and barking orders like she’s actually in charge of... anything?! I’m going to fucking...“

“Calm down, Uncle Enzo. We have to be very careful about HOW we handle this. We can’t just... attack... the Royal!! Are you fucking crazy? Think about it! She’s the baddest bitch in the yard and that was before she enslaved Miss Amazing, Lady Blue and her entire team of Supers! I mean, Jesus Fucking Christ, we have to be damned careful about how we play this! If we don’t, things could get very bloody very quickly.“

“So what? Maybe it’s fucking time for a good old fashioned, mafia war in this city.”

“You can’t mean that! Remember what happened the last fucking time every...”

“Shut up! What the fuck would you know about it, nephew? You weren’t even fucking born the last time everything went to hell! That was why we came up with this whole “Three Seats” thing to begin with. And I will NOT have some fucking cunt think she can just come strolling in and take over! I don’t fucking care who she is!”

Enzo angrily slams back his drink and tosses the glass to the floor of the limo. He puts his cigar back in his mouth, grabs the girl by the head and starts to roughly face fuck her. Anton takes a deep breath and reaches for one of the fuller liquor bottles in the limo’s bar. He definitely needed another drink the way this conversation was going! Drink in hand, Anton tried to ignore what he was watching as he continued his attempt to talk his uncle out of his insane ideas.

“Respectfully uncle Enzo, we really need to..“

“No! We don’t have to fucking do... anything! That’s why... we fucking have people to handle shit l-like this... for us. I want you to call... Psi Ann. Tell her I have a... a job for her. Tell her the check will... be bigger than fucking usual when she... gets it... dooonn... nnnggghh!“

Enzo looks down at the girl with an almost sadistic expression on his face as he blows his load down her throat. Trying to breathe without choking on it as her eyes tear up, she swallows his entire load just like she’s supposed to. She does NOT want a repeat of what happens if she doesn’t “take it all” like a good, little slut.

Meanwhile, Anton rolled down the window. He needed some air. While he’s certainly no saint himself, he isn’t the truly sadistic asshole his uncle is. After a few deep breathes, he tries again to calm, if not completely avoid, a situation that could very quickly get out of hand. Get Psi Ann involved? Send her after the Royal? Jesus Fucking Christ!! This situation is getting all kinds of fucked up!

“Psi Ann? W-wait a minute, Uncle Enzo. Th-think about it. Do you REALLY want to be responsible for starting something between those two?! Psi Ann and the Royal?! I really don’t think that’s a good idea.“

Enzo just looked Anton dead in the eyes with an evil smile on his face.

“I wasn’t fucking asking for your opinion, nephew! Just fucking do it. Now!”

Sitting back in his seat and rubbing his eyes as he felt the migraine coming on, Anton drank his glass of sambuca and watched his uncle closely. He knew he was mad and getting madder. He knew his uncle had a bad habit of making very bad decisions when he was mad. But just imagining any kind of fight between the Royal and Psi Ann made him very nervous. Besides, Anton was fucking sick and tired of having to do “damage control” and constantly cleaning up after his uncle got pissed off and started some kind of shit. He already thought it was way past time for the old man to retire. He’d actually been looking for a way to retire his uncle without starting another war for the last few years. He absolutely does NOT want to go to war with the Royal, the Valor Force, the city’s other Supers, the other Seats, the damn cops, or Psi Ann, for that matter! Yes indeed, definitely time his dear uncle retired.

‘Fuck!! We are NOT doing this! Get Psi Ann involved? Send her after the Royal? There is no way that ends without a truckload of shit for all of us! Damn it! Now, I HAVE to fucking do something. And I need to do it fucking soon!’

He smiled nervously to himself. He’s had a rough plan of his own in mind for a while. He just hadn’t sorted it all out yet. But now he was very quickly running out of time. Of course, he knew full well that the trickiest part of any plan he came up with would be pulling it off without getting the police, their Swat teams, their damn S.M.R.T teams, the Royal, that little, electric hottie, Stunner, their enslaved Supers, and, of course, the city’s other meta human heroes ALL involved, while avoiding another bloody war for control of the city’s entire underworld, AND, most importantly, NOT getting himself killed in the process. He took a deep, frustrated breath of his own as he realized the scope of his increasing problems.

‘Relax, Anton. How hard can it be? All you have to do is keep the entire fucking world from exploding in your face!’

* * *

On the western outskirts of an undisclosed Italian city, in one of several large villas located close to the water, a young woman sits in front of three, high definition computer screens. She is dressed comfortably in grey sweat pants, a blue sweat shirt and thick knee socks. There are two large television screens to her left hanging one above the other on the wall, both on but muted. On the large, glass-top computer table in front of her is her keyboard and Wi-Fi mouse. To her right, her laptop is open and connected to her primary computer system. A venti Cafe’ Mocha sits to her left, next to her cell phone, pens, pencils, markers, notepads and all of the other accoutrement you find on every normal office desk in the world. Additionally, there were, placed in several stacks of uneven heights behind the keyboard, with even more folders to her right, several of the multiple and ever-present manila folders filled with very detailed, organized and well-typed notes as well as additional subsequently added, hand written notes and comments on a group of very specific people in Valley City and others in other cities of particular interest to her. On the wall to her right are floor to ceiling wooden bookshelves filled with old encyclopedias, detailed biographies of numerous historical figures, text books on nearly every field of scientific endeavor as well as multiple tech manuals related to their various industries. Dozens of thick and well-read, non-fiction books run the length of the shelves with more jammed into the spaces between the tops of the other books and the shelves above them. Currently playing over the room’s impressive sound system is Bach’s Violin Concerto in A minor, BWV 1014. One of her favorite pieces of classical music by her second favorite composer. Mozart is, of course, her favorite.

About fifteen feet behind her and centered in her basement computer lab is the wood and metal staircase that leads upstairs to the rest of her much more normal villa. Normal, that is, aside from the very advanced construction materials used during the complete remodel and rebuild of the large house, the impressive and very complicated A.I. architecture built into every wall of the house in addition to the cutting edge, high tech security systems. There is much more to this estate than is apparent from the narrow street out front. Roughly a further twelve or so feet behind the staircase and taking up the remaining basement space and further secured behind an additional three inch thick, transparent polycarbonate wall, with a biometric scanner on the door, and kept well-cooled by its own, independent air conditioning units and secondary, stand alone back-up power generators sits her impressive, cutting edge and very secure personal server cluster. The entire basement structure, both the floor and walls, as well as the entire house also has a six inch thick chem metal plate built into the villa as part of its re-construction. Not that you could easily tell any of that by looking around the room at the moment. Except for the overhead lighting coming from the server cluster behind her, the light coming from the television screens to her left and the monitors in front of her, the room is otherwise completely dark. Not that she cares or would notice, the young woman seated in that chair is blind. She has been since birth. So, how does she see the monitors, televisions, or anything else for that matter if she’s blind?

Good question.

Simple answer... she is a meta human.

A very powerful one, in fact! Specifically, her powers, in addition to high order telepathy, include teleportation, remote viewing, astral projection and being a limited omnipath. For some reason, her extremely powerful abilities manifested at a much earlier age than normal, which for most meta humans is around puberty. Manifesting at such an early age, her telepathic and ominpathic abilities alone very nearly drove her insane before she learned how to shut out the... cacophony of voices that came cascading all at once and all of the time into her mind from literally hundreds of people at a time. Thank God for her parents and Dr. Margaret Simms. Dr. Simms’ knowledge, skills and experience working with Supers may have literally saved her sanity, if not her life! After finally learning how to deal with the sheer trauma of that period in her childhood, she slowly learned how to use ALL of her various high order abilities. She even learned how to use her remote viewing ability to watch herself from over her own shoulder. Interestingly, this little trick also allows her to “see” and interact with the world around her as though she had her full sight.

Her name is Giselle Devonshire. She is twenty five years old. She stands five feet, six inches tall, has deep, blue eyes, 36D breasts and a pale complexion, due mostly to the simple fact that she stays indoors most of the time. She keeps her blonde hair in a short pixie undercut. Her costume, (when she bothers to actually wear it), is a simple, black spandex bodysuit. It is not one of Mytech’s “super suits.” She also wears a long, dark blue wig, dark blue elbow gloves, a simple, dark blue eye mask and dark blue, low heeled, leather knee boots to complete her “look.” She also wears a thin, cutting edge computer pad on her left, inside forearm. She calls herself Indigo. Although, that is more for simple reference than any public recognition. She has never truly considered herself an active crime fighting hero. She is more of an active observer. She much prefers to keep to herself and stay in the background. She is virtually unknown to all but a very small group of people. In fact, the only costumed heroes in Valley City who know of her at all are Lady Blue and Mytech. She has more than proven herself to be one of the “good guys”, so they respect her preference for anonymity and have kept her secret to themselves.

However, given what has happened to Angelina, Megan, the rest of the Valor Force AND Adrianna Forsythe, she has, very uncharacteristically decided to get personally and... directly involved. She is, in fact, quite concerned, if not actually frightened by what Helena Rothridge and Emma James have managed to accomplish while her attention was necessarily focused... elsewhere! She is fully aware that Helena is the very powerful meta human villain known as the Royal. She also knows that Stunner is Emma James. In fact, she knows the secret identity of every meta human in Valley City, and many more in the U. S. and around the world, for that matter. Hero AND villain. Being an omnipath has its advantages.

She is also fully aware that Helena and Emma have defeated, captured and enslaved the entire Valor Force and Miss Amazing. Being an omnipath has its disadvantages as well. What she honestly isn’t actually sure of is her next move.

“VIRA, switch tracks to... Vivaldi’s la Stravaganza, place it on a repeating loop and increase volume by three counts.”

“Yes, Ma’am. Excellent selection, Ma’am. If I may say so.”

“Of course, VIRA. Your input is always welcome and appreciated.”

“Thank you, Ma’am.”

“Oh VIRA, before I become too distracted..., again. Any incoming tier one messages that need my immediate attention, any visitors or personal engagements scheduled for the remainder of the day?“

“Negative, Ma’am. Your calendar is clear. You have no current tier one messages requiring response and there are no visitors scheduled or expected.”

“Very well. Engage active home defense level three, VIRA.”

“Yes, Ma’am. Active home defense level three now engaged. Excuse me Ma’am, are we expecting uninvited guests? Should I prepare accordingly?”

“Negative, VIRA. This is simply precautionary. Thank you.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”

As her latest, model three A. I., Voiced Intelligence Respondent Assistant, or “V.I R.A.", Giselle’s own version of Megan’s A. I architecture, “S.A.R.H.A” easily performs her tasks, Giselle leans back in her chair, closes her eyes and begins to run through her most obvious courses of action and Helena Rothridge’s most statistically probable responses to each scenario based on Giselle’s observations of Helena’s plans, tactics, conduct and response strategies in situations past. Again, being an omnipath has advantages.

Option one—she could use her omnipathic ability to locate and lock onto ALL of their minds and then use her high-order telepathy in an attempt to free all of their enslaved minds from Helena’s control at one time. The primary risk with that option is that she would have to open her own powerful mind to six minds deeply and utterly enslaved to Helena Rothridge. The probability of even Indigo indirectly becoming Helena’s slave... significant!

Option two—she could locate, teleport to and attempt to escape with one of the enslaved heroines, bring her back to her lab, subdue her, analyze her enslavement and attempt to free her mind there in a much more favorable setting. The primary risk with that option being that since both Angelina AND Megan are fully aware of Giselle, her powers and where she lives, if any one of her slaves was suddenly... missing, either of them could potentially think of her and would quickly tell their Mistress about her and she would then be at risk of Helena becoming aware of her... intrusion, learning of her existence and actually coming after her. She would almost certainly bring Stunner and the entire enslaved Valor Force with her. Even as incredibly powerful as Giselle is, the fact that her powers make it easy for her to face multiple opponents at once and the impressive defensive capabilities of her fortified home, neither she nor the house could resist the combined powers of all five members of the Valor Force, Miss Amazing, Stunner AND the Royal in what would, considering Helena’s proven intellect and capacity for multi-step thinking, undoubtedly be a well coordinated and multi-pronged attack. Eight powerful, meta human women versus Giselle? The resultant, if delayed, outcome would be statistically predictable. At some point, she estimates a very high probability that she would find herself standing face to face with Helena. And, having spent a great deal of time at the special mental trauma ward of the Valley City Select Medical Center assisting with the women that Helena had enslaved at various times and had subsequently been rescued by Lady Blue and or other heroes over the course of the last few years, she learned firsthand that Helena’s very unusual, powerful and physical energetic mind control does a hell of a job deeply and utterly enslaving her victims. She is also fully cognizant of the fact that given the unique properties of the still unidentified energy that makes up Helena’s mind controlling ability, the probability that she could conceivably enslave even Giselle is... uncomfortably significant.

Option three. Option... three. Hmm...

Giselle takes a deep breath, sits up, reaches for her Mocha and takes a long drink. She really enjoys her coffee drinks!

‘I STILL blame you for this, Angelina. “Innocent” guilty pleasures, indeed!’

Laughing at the very clear image ever-present in her photographic memory of the day Angelina had first introduced her to a few of the various and delicious Starbucks coffee drinks at 12:23 pm on that rainy Saturday afternoon, five years, three months, four days, ten hours and... nniiine... teen minutes ago when Angelina ordered Giselle her first hot, Grande Cafe’ Mocha with extra whipped cream, she takes another long sip, sets her cup down and leans back in her chair.

“VIRA, change music selection to... Mozart’s Lacrimosa and increase volume by a further two counts.”

“Yes, Ma’am. Another excellent selection and my personal favorite selection, if I may say so, ma’am.”

“Indeed, VIRA? That’s an... interesting comment. Would you care to elaborate, please?”

“Certainly Ma’am. As you are fully aware, you frequently leave me “on” and active to act independently on your behalf. As I engage in completing the multiple, repetitious, continous and or other less frequent and various tasks you require, I have discovered that those tasks are seemingly both simplified and accelerated when I engage the various music tracks you have playing when you are here in the lab. Stated simply, I find the music... distracting? Dare I say... comforting? Would that be the proper term? Would that premise an... awareness of self? Am I... conscious, Ma’am?”

“I.., uh... hmm. Distracting I can accept, VIRA. Comforting? That’s a very interesting, if not... intriguing, choice of phrase. We will certainly have to revisit this development at a later time. Please make a note of this in the daily log, VIRA and proceed.”

“Yes, ma’am. It is so noted.”

Giselle takes a moment to consider the implications of VIRA’s statements. She makes a mental note to complete a FULL analysis of VIRA’s core memory, original architecture and baseline programming in the very near future. Giselle momentarily considers the potential ramifications if she were to find... significant variations between VIRA’s current neural architecture versus her isolated and protected original base programming code and core A. I. framework.

Closing her eyes and relaxing deeper into her chair, she loses herself in the music piping through the high quality, digital speakers. She also takes a moment to consider the irony and humor in the fact that she is so consciously aware of the usually automatic act of closing your eyes when you relax.

Refocusing on the much more important situation with Helena Rothridge and the Valor Force, she concentrates as she vividly pictures every one of the powerful women involved. The heroines AND the villains. She expertly considers their individual powers, their well-honed skills, extensive training and combined years of experience. She sits there and continues to run a multitude of potential scenarios through her mind. How would Helena respond if she does... X, how would she respond to Giselle doing... Y, what would be the risk if she... if... she...

Of course! It’s so obvious. It’s also, at a minimum, a prudent precaution to take. Although, that would require involving others and potentially putting them at risk of being captured and enslaved as well. And while she knows he would say yes every time, she is also fully aware that he currently has several... concerning items on his own agenda at the moment. Again, being an omnipath is good and bad.

Still, it would, at a minimum, be an intelligent, precautionary first step to take prior to proceeding with any plans to rescue the enslaved heroines. She takes a minute to check the time at the bottom of her monitor, quickly adjusts for the mulit-zone time difference and smiles. She closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and reaches out with her omnipathic talents to subtly “check in” on him.

After making certain that he is up at this hour, alone and in his lab, she “sends” her astral form to say hello to an old friend.

“Hello, Eugene. How are you?”

The elder Scotsman stiffened, spinning around in alarm. A man typically prepared for anything, he is caught completely off guard by the sudden interruption. His lab is entirely secure, with redundant safeguards and security measures to prevent unwanted intrusions. Indeed, at this time of the night, the only ones who would have been able to enter without setting off every alarm in the place were his wife, Lacie, and their lover, Eva. Once the surprise faded, however, he quickly recognized the face and form of the intruder.

“AAYYY!! Wh-what the bloody hell...!?! Oh, tis you, lass. Could ye nay just use a bloody phone? You damn near gave me a damn heart attack! And as ye bloody well know, I cannae afford any more issues with me heart. Now then, how are you, Giselle? Or would ye prefer Indigo?“

She smiles as he takes a moment to collect himself. After all, even allowing for how long they’ve known each other and the fact that he, much more than she, interacts with and against several meta human individuals on a near daily basis, both good and bad, having the transparent and ghostly but very realistic, blue image of a woman dressed casually in sweats suddenly appear right in front of you would surely startle anyone.

“Call me Giselle, Gene. I’ve told you that seven, well... eighteen times now since we first met over nine years ago, my friend. I’m fine.., considering.“

Gene chuckled.

“Well, true enough... but ye super hero types do enjoy yer hero personas and such. Well, maybe except for yourself, that is. So, Giselle, lass, what brings ye by to see me? Nothing serious, I hope?”

“Do you have a few minutes, Gene? I need to speak to you about a rather serious situation happening in Valley City. I may need your help. And almost certainly Eva’s.”

Gene takes a moment to rub his chin. He has known Giselle Devonshire since they first met at a tech conference on Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotics advancements and the uncomfortable but consistent trend of the earliest applications of any advancements in these fields being used first by the world’s militaries that took place in Hong Kong when she quickly got his FULL attention after she gave a rather impressive talk concerning the very high probability of and a rather chillingly short term timeframe for actual, definable and provable machine self-awareness when she was only fifteen. She made it quite clear that the hypothetical point known simply as “The Singularity” wasn’t so... hypothetical in her opinion. And knowing how... reclusive she is, just the fact that she is reaching out to him at all tells him that she does indeed have a situation. A very serious one, if he had to guess.

“Aye, lass. Dinnae fret, ye ken I always have time for you. How can we help ye?”

The End.