The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Vigil: Part 1

Chapter 5

Elsewhere…

Julius Lars, the second-most powerful man in the Pact, looked around the room, maintaining a cool, yet vigilant composure as he scanned the twenty-odd men and women sitting around the table. Satisfied, he looked up at the hostesses, and gave them a slight nod. They streamed out of the room gracefully.

He cleared his throat. Good. Everyone’s here.

“Evening, ladies and gents. I’ll get straight to the point. The Boss wants to know how we’re going to deal with this new...obstacle.”

“Hold up, hold up. Why ain’t he here?” a voice called out.

Julius turned, seeing a bare-chested, heavily tattooed man seated casually on the couch. Ah, one of the ruffian leaders, Julius observed. They weren’t the most intelligent contributors to any discussion, but the Pact always had uses for their manpower.

“The Boss prefers not to be in a location where the leadership of the Pact can be taken out in one fell swoop.” he replied.

“Ugh,” the gang leader scoffed. “And we’re okay with that? Your ‘boss’ doesn’t even trust his own nightclub’s security.”

Several other gang leaders echoed a similar sentiment.

Julius lifted a remote, pressing down a button. The doors opened and the hostesses streamed back in, each holding a silenced pistol. They stared at the gang leader, who gulped. Julius lowered the remote. “I assure you that our club security is more than adequate at resisting an attack. Besides, my friends, we are at the top of the city’s hierarchy. No one...not rival gangs, not politicians, not the police, not even NovaSec can touch us.”

He paused for effect, smiling as he segued into the main topic at hand. “Except her.” He pressed another button on the remote, and the large screen before them clicked on, displaying an old picture of the vigilante.

“This is Vigil, a former member of the defunct vigilante group, the League of Protectors.”

“The League? Weren’t they all killed or captured?” a random member called out.

“Not this one.” Julius said. “She evaded us, evaded NovaSec and now, she has returned. In this single week we’ve lost three warehouses and significant stock of double-A. More critically, she raided Jack’s warehouse yesterday, and may have obtained data that could compromise our operations.”

The flurry of fearful whispers spread across the room, before Julius cleared his throat once again to gather their attention. “Fear not, my friends. That is the very reason we are gathered today. Mindshaper?”

A woman dressed in a purple overcoat looked up, the purple glow of her eyes masked behind thick, black shades.

“You still possess several unbroken mutants of the Protectors, am I correct?”

“Just one, actually.”

“Scour her mind for information. Be careful not to break her like you did the others. I want information, not another mind-wiped slave.”

The woman scowled. “Those were accidents, Julius. Failed experiments.”

Julius rolled his eyes. Mindshaper was insane. No one had ever changed a person’s allegiance without a complete memory wipe before. How many more test subjects would she have to shatter before she decided the Boss was right?

Still, mindwiped ex-heroines proved to bring in huge profits at the Bazaar’s brothels, and given enough training could even begin to harness their forgotten powers as mutants. Maybe they could even become enforcers for the Pact.

“Well, cease your experiments for now, and focus on getting information,” he said. “I have a feeling this war will last for quite a while.”