The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Gyges Experiment

Chapter Seven

Naima knocked on the door one more time and waited patiently, the food cradled in the crook of her other elbow. She felt like an idiot; having not heard nothing from Griffin since their date. She had thought it had gone well, but was afraid that she had judged him wrong. Normally, that was something that she excelled at, but his behavior was giving her doubts. Something had brought her back here, though, and she wanted to give it the opportunity that it deserved. He interested her. She would have liked to have said she cared about him, which she did, or that she loved him. That last point wasn’t something she was willing to admit, at least given current circumstances.

She knew that if she was completely honest with herself, her interest and concern for him bordered on that dreaded four-letter word, and the acceptance that she wasn’t allowing herself to think on those terms due to some sort of self-defense mechanism loomed like a storm cloud over her head. Turning to make her way back down to the restaurant, she heard the muffled click of the deadbolt withdrawing from the door frame.

“Naima?” Griffin said, standing in the doorway like a giant, at least from her perspective, rubbing bleary eyes that were rimmed with red.

“Wow, you look like crap, Grif.” She said, standing in the hallway looking up at him. She tilted her head to one side in an expectant motion.

“Sorry. Come in.” He said, backing up into the apartment, his departing frame finally allowing the light from the interior to shine out onto the dingy landing, which did it no favors.

“I’ve been worried about you.” Naima said, trying to dismiss her own fears and doubts. “I brought you some food, though; that always seems to bring you around.

Griffin wasn’t sure if that was a passive-aggressive commentary on their relationship so far, but he didn’t have it in him to worry about it at the moment. He felt trapped between two bad situations. He definitely had feelings for her, but his head was pounding and the night before had left him even more confused about his situation than ever. He was far from the proverbial ladies’ man, but even he knew that dismissing her at this moment would be disastrous for any future. If he could only get Lydia out of his head, he might have a chance to lead a normal life. That last thought made him snort a little and it only took a moment for him to realize that it wasn’t in his head, and a millisecond glance at Naima to get that she had heard it.

She set the tray down on the coffee table with a louder than expected thump.

“Sorry, I just had a funny thought.” He said, then quickly followed up. “Well, it wasn’t funny, more like ironic, but it didn’t have anything to do with you.”

She was glaring at him and somehow the fire she could throw with those eyes from that tiny frame was something he just didn’t have a defense for.

“Can we talk?” He asked, sheepishly.

Naima looked at him, the flames ebbing somewhat.

They sat opposite each other and he could tell that she was waiting for him to speak first. Shit. Well, I guess that’s probably appropriate, he thought.

“I like you.” Griffin said, immediately regretting his choice of words. I sound like a fucking eighth-grader, he thought. “What I mean is, I wish that I had met you at some other point in my life. Hell, any point other than this one.”

The flames ramped up a bit. Shit.

“Fuck.” He said, flustered. “What I’m trying to say is that I want to be with you but there’s so much weird crap going on in my life right now that it’s not fair to you. The last thing I want to do is burden you with this.”

Naima’s eyes softened, but just a bit. “Why the hell do you think I’m here, Grif?” She asked, looking straight across the table at him.

He didn’t have an answer for that; at least not one that came before she spoke again

“I care about you, you stupid idiot.” She said, this time the thaw showing in those eyes as even her posture softened.

Griffin laughed out loud. It had definitely been a crutch in the past, laughing off conflict. This time he felt something entirely different. He gestured to the room. “Yeah, because I have so much to offer.”

She looked at him, the hint of a smile finally starting to form on those lips; lips he longed to kiss again.

“What?” He asked, lacking any other words.

“You do know I live upstairs from a curry place with my brother, right?”

Griffin smiled, but the smile had the same effect of a deep sigh. “I’m just afraid you’ll run away screaming if I open up to you.”

Naima looked at him. The hint of a smile turning into a suggestion of disappointment.

“Other than you causing city-wide blackouts and turning invisible? I think I’m being pretty darned understanding if you ask me.” The pause turned her look back into a smile as he ran his fingers over his scalp.

“Well, maybe that’s the easy part.” Griffin said. This time, an almost eager curiosity in her face.

“Listen.” Naima said, reaching across the table to take his hand. She leaned forward and turned it to where his palm was facing up. “I trust these hands. I trust the man behind them. You haven’t given me any reason to do otherwise.”

“I robbed the bank.” Griffin blurted out. He waited for her to withdraw her hand; an action that didn’t come.

“Yeah, I was wondering about that, though technically you robbed the armored car service.”

Griffin laughed, even this revelation a weight off his chest. “Well, that makes all the difference, doesn’t it?”

“Look, Grif.” Naima said. “You don’t have to be that guy that thinks he has to deal with all of his problems alone. Agreed, your problems are…unique, but hey, I’ve liked weirder guys before.”

“You’re seriously screwed up, Naima.” He said, taking her hand in return.

“Kiss me and then we can get into this.”

Griffin leaned forward, closing the space between them. Her lips were sweet and he realized that he might just be able to let go and relax.

* * *

“Is she even real?” Naima said, following Griffin’s long recounting of the events of the last week. There were points where she wanted to speak; points where her jealousy spoke volumes about her own denial regarding her feelings for him. This question, though, about Lydia, burned in her.

“She certainly seems real.” Griffin said. “It’s not something I really ever thought about.”

“It just strikes me as odd that she had no place. When you guys went to her room that night, it wasn’t hers. Even her sister wasn’t there.”

“Professor Martinez’s house wasn’t right either, though.” Griffin said.

“There is that.” Naima said, watching him finishing up the food, which had long since grown cold as he was telling her his story. “Is it possible that you’re travelling somehow when you run your machine?”

“That was the first time it was like that.” He said, though a detail he had left out rushed back to his head. “Though there was one thing. The moon moved.”

“The Walking Moon?” She asked, remembering his cryptic statement about it and Lydia’s matching tattoo.

“I don’t know. I just know that we looked out the window before the experiment and after and the moon was in a different place, and not just from the moonrise.”

“Maybe you travelled in time?” Naima asked. She paused for a moment and laughed.

“What?” Griffin asked, smiling. Her laugh was infectious.

“I never thought I would seriously ask someone a question like that.”

“Right?” Griffin said, setting the empty tray back down on the table. “Like I said, I’m one fucked up individual. If we’re going to go there, maybe we travelled to a different dimension.”

That one gave her pause for a moment. As ludicrous as it sounded, she had to admit that the guy really could make himself invisible. If everything he had just told her was true, he had the potential to do just about anything he wanted.

“Have you spoken to Donna or Professor Martinez since then?” She asked.

“No. Why?”

“Ok, since we’re going there.” She said, pausing, more to find her own words than for dramatic effect. “Do they still exist?”

“One way to find out.” Griffin said after he recovered from the shock of what was actually a very good question. He pulled out his phone and dialed Donna’s number. “Generic voicemail. I’ll try Lisa.”

Naima heard the tri-tone sounding even though she couldn’t hear the message that followed. She knew what it was. He tried it again with the same results. “This number is not available or is no longer in service.”

“I’ll look it up.” Naima said, pulling out her own phone. “I know that CHTC has a faculty list on their website.”

Griffin was having that uneasy feeling again. “I’m going to make sure I have Donna’s number right.”

He went over to his console area and cracked open his textbook. No note. Fanning the pages didn’t help; nothing but a copy of his schedule from the beginning of the year that he had been using as a bookmark. He bent down and picked it up, noting how tired and sore his body had become.

The sheet of paper was heavy in his hands. A brief glance at it had given him the answer he was looking for.

Electrical Application and Theory – MWF – Ampitheather – Prof. D. Stratton.

It was a similar feeling to the ones he had when he was told that his best friend in middle school had been killed in a car accident. Emptiness, despair, and above all else a confusion about how the world was supposed to work. A brief flash of the moments they had shared crossed his mind. How could she have not been real?

“There’s no…” Naima said, looking up from her phone as he returned, paper in hand.

“Yeah, just figured that out for myself. I don’t have the note Donna gave me in the halls and apparently my Theory professor is a Professor Stratton, who I’ve never even fucking heard of.”

“So that brings us right back around to the question that started this all.” Naima said as he sank into his chair.

“Is the woman I’ve been dreaming about and…well, you know…” Griffin said, feeling his own embarrassment. “Is the woman covered in life-like fully animated tattoos that I had sex with last night even real?”

“That’s yet to be seen.” Naima said, smiling and standing, walking around the table to him. She climbed up into his lap, her small frame dwarfed by his as she put her arms around his neck and kissed him on the cheek. “But I won’t dismiss it. The giant who robs banks and turns invisible and practices mind-control that I’m sleeping with is certainly real.”

“Armored cars.” Griffin said, softly.

Naima kissed him deeply.

* * *

He felt needy and overbearing, but Griffin kept Naima on a short leash. When she wasn’t in his apartment, he was hanging out in the restaurant, even having struck up a bit of a friendship with her brother, Nitya. It wasn’t like he was being possessive; well, actually, he was, but not in the normal sense. Two of the women who had entered his life recently were suddenly gone and he didn’t want to add the proverbial third to that list.

The plan was for them to talk some more that evening, maybe even going so far as to write some notes out to see if they could put things together. The thing that was bothering him the most though was the fact that he didn’t know if he really needed to do anything after all. If they had never been real, or were part of a different world, what difference did it make? He was in this one, he had Naima and she somehow understood him or was at least making a good show of it.

Lydia. That was the difference. He had no direct evidence that she wasn’t real, or present here and that bothered him, though he couldn’t place why. He didn’t feel the same towards her as he did Naima, but there was something there. She was an enigma; an uncontrollable curiosity that ran so deep he didn’t think he’d ever be able to live a normal life without some form of closure.

Naima carried some food out to the table behind his as Nitya swept the floor nearby. They were the only customers other than he at the time, an older couple, apparently sharing a new experience. He looked at them and hoped that someday he would be able to have something similar.

“Still deep in thought, I see.” She said, jokingly, as she passed him by. “Lydia?”

“Of course, Lydia.” He said.

Nitya chimed in from behind his broom, in song. “Lydia, Oh, Lydia, Lydia the tattooed lady.”

Griffin froze.

“What? It’s not that bad.” Nitya said, defensively.

“Well, that just makes life even weirder. Thanks, Nitya.”

* * *

Skinny, pale skin and freckles. A very bad tattoo climbing up out of his shirt collar like an insect from a dirty drain. “I’m sorry, I must have the wrong address.”

“Suit yourself. You can come in if you like, though.” The man said to her as he looked her up and down lasciviously.

“No.” Lydia said. “I’ll just have to keep looking.”

The man closed the door with a look that was somewhere between offense and disappointment. She knew she was in the right place, but yet again, she wasn’t. She descended the stairs trying to decide what she wanted to do next. Everything she had checked in regards to what she knew of the world was correct, except for Griffin. Griffin didn’t seem to exist. Donna had looked at her like she was crazy, even when she let the tattoos take over the younger girl’s thought processes to coax out any hidden truth.

She had worked out that her power and his seemed to be complementary in some way, though the problem was that his machine was the catalyst. Between the two of them, they had somehow altered the world and she was completely at a loss to find a way to rectify it. The most challenging part was that it didn’t really seem like it needed to be fixed. The only thing that was missing was him.

The Dale was deserted, mostly due to the technical college being out, the students having scattered to their homes, both in town and out. She climbed the stairs to her room, realizing that she needed to share this with someone. Donna was out of the question. Even though there were only two years separating them, her younger sister was far behind her in regards to maturity. Her smarts had gotten her this far in college, but she could have gone a lot farther with more responsibility.

“Who am I to talk, though?” Lydia said, unlocking her door and stepping inside.

“Talking to yourself, Lyd?”

The voice came from somewhere in the darkness. Her mental state was such that she didn’t even jump. Not much was surprising her anymore.

“What the fuck are you doing here, Malik?” She said, flipping on the light, illuminating the room and revealing his location in the chair by the window.

“I just thought I’d stop by and see you, love.” He said, running his fingers through his wavy black, perfectly coiffed hair.

“We broke up.” She said. “Well, you broke up with me, to be more specific.”

She had been with Malik for two years, but even at that, the last six months or so had been a strain. That was when the ink had started to appear. She had lied and told him that she had had them done, though it started to seem pretty ridiculous as they came one after another, week after week, never angry red or going through any healing process. They weren’t the reason for the failure of their relationship, but they were the catalyst. She had started to get moody right before she discovered that they gave her powers; powers that she didn’t understand.

“I was just in town.” He said, rising to his feet as she approached him.

“And you figured you’d pop in and break into my room?” Her eyes flashed angrily at him. She wasn’t really in the mood. Her feelings were all mixed up. Anger, hostility, and something else, something directed at Griffin.

“Well, that and I was wondering if you still had my stuff.” Malik said, guiltily.

Lydia felt the emptiness and rejection of their breakup flood back into her, filling the vulnerable holes her current situation had created. She still had feelings for him, though unfortunately they were much more manageable than they had been. And again, some of those feelings were purely physical. Those apparently hadn’t subsided a bit. Capriciously, she pulled her shirt up over her head and tossed it on the floor.

“Wow, you’ve really kept going, Lyd.” Malik said. “You know that I can’t, right?”

His eyes were locked on her body, though, and she could sense the change. It wasn’t as much that she felt them moving as she just felt something. It was like a connection that allowed her to see into his mind. Early on, she had learned that manipulating someone’s actions was as simple as brushing aside their objections. When push comes to shove, that’s all that stops people from doing anything you ask of them, she thought, it doesn’t matter what they are at all.

“Make love to me, Malik.” She said, softly. She knew it wasn’t what she truly wanted, but she needed something. Something to make her feel stronger, more in control of her surroundings; the very world itself.

Malik leaned in to kiss her as she worked his belt out of the loops.

* * *

“It’s happening again.” Griffin said urgently, getting Naima’s attention as she made her rounds of the tables, washing each one down and refilling salt shakers.

“What’s happening?” She said, seeing the look on his face and dispensing with any attempts at humor.

“Remember when I said that I thought my visions of being with Lydia might have been some sort of link between us?”

“You said you thought it was her being with someone else, right?”

“It’s definitely happening now.” Griffin said, looking up at her. “I can feel…things.”

Naima watched his face as it changed. As dark as he was, the blush made him even darker. “We should probably get you back to your place.” She said, taking his hand.

“Nitya!” She called out.

Her brother appeared a moment later from behind the curtain with a puzzled look.

“I need to go. It’s sort of an emergency.” She said as Griffin rose to his feet, turning slightly to the side to hide the bulge in his shorts. She flicked her own eyes quickly back to her brother.

“Ah, sure, abandon me in my time of need.” Nitya said dramatically. Naima glanced around the empty restaurant, then heard his chuckle. “Go. You two love birds run off.”

“What do you want me to do?” Naima said, frantically as she closed his apartment door and clicked the deadbolt. “What can I do to help?”

Griffin’s pained face was troubling her deeply. He didn’t speak, just paced and muttered under his breath.

“Damn it, let me help you, Grif!” She shouted, trying to snap him out of whatever impending fugue he was heading towards.

He looked at her, freezing in place. Suddenly she felt like a young gazelle that had just realized it was spotted by a big cat. “I love you, Grif.” She said, softly as he approached her. His arms reached out, his face a mask of mixed emotions as she fought to keep herself from flinching. He picked her up in his arms, her body a rag doll next to his. He looked at her face as she clung desperately to his neck.

“I love you too.”

She melted in his arms as he carried her to his bed.

* * *

She had always liked to have him in her mouth. He was being forceful, but she knew that he knew what she liked. The sensation of his control over her very breath was erotic, making her body hum in pleasure as he held her in place, her lips at the base of his shaft. He was holding her face, his palms running along her cheeks, his fingers wrapped around the back of her head enough to give him leverage and the control that was making her unable to breathe. Oral was a cat and mouse game for her, that was for sure. Who exactly was in the control of the situation? It really depends on who a person asked. She flattened her tongue as he ran his length in and out of her mouth, her saliva running down to the base of him. She knew what he liked as well and was more than happy to give it to him. They had been much better lovers than they had been paramours, their sex-life the highlight of the relationship.

Lydia exerted her control, answering the earlier question that had run through her mind as she heard his groan of frustration. She had brought him close to the edge, only to hold back on him, her own pleasure in mind. As the eager lovers stripped off the rest of their clothes, Lydia felt the sensation again; the same sensation she had felt in her bed alone so recently. That of being touched, being worshipped by a man. She was already writhing in pleasure when Malik finally threw her on the bed and sank his head between her legs.

* * *

Nothing had ever prepared her for the intensity of their lovemaking. Griffin had roughly stripped off her clothes and his own, practically tossing her light frame up onto the bed. He was merciless; his tongue tormenting her sensitive clit while his big fingers probed deep inside of her. She felt engulfed by his attention, lost in waves of happiness and desire. Her heart was still humming. She had professed her love for him and he had returned it resoundingly. The circumstances may have been odd, but nothing about her relationship with him had been normal in the least; she accepted it for what it was worth and it made her soar.

His own mind was torn between his love for Naima and a confused state of how his body was reacting. He was pleasuring her, that was for sure. He could sense it in her body language, the sweet sounds she was making, even the feel of her muscles beneath his hands as he gripped her inner thigh. At the same time, though, someone was pleasuring him and he not only couldn’t shake it, it was distracting him. His cock bounced between his legs, experiencing an out-of-reality pleasure that was startling to say the least. He could feel the clutching and relaxing of Kegel muscles wrapped tightly around his cock, could even feel the wetness that he knew wasn’t there.

Abandoning his efforts, Griffin moved up towards her, his size dwarfing her as he hovered above her, figuring that his best chance would be to mimic the routine Lydia was following, if that was what was happening. Something was linked between them and there was no other explanation. Naima winced at the initial largeness of him, though she was encouraging him with her eyes all along. He saw so much more than desire there, and he was afraid that the tears would start to flow as he slid into her, stretching her open. She gasped as he filled her, her arms once again wrapped tightly around his neck as she sought out his lips.

* * *

It shook her to the core.

Lydia moaned in intense pleasure, feeling as if she was being torn apart from the inside. Malik felt like he had expanded dramatically in size. She had never had cause to disparage him, though. His size was more than adequate and his lovemaking was exquisite. This wasn’t him, though. She felt the dual-reality that surrounded her; on one side feeling her former lover inside of her, snugly moving in and out of her as his lips crushed her own while concurrently feeling the other man in her life easing inside, causing her both pleasure and pain in equal measure.

“Am I hurting you?” Malik asked, slowing the pace of his thrusts.

“No, no.” She said, urgently. Even when he stopped, she still felt the other moving inside of her, the pace increasing in parallel with her desire. “Please don’t stop.”

Malik drove her to an orgasm, her body shaking under his as he continued on towards his own, his familiar body above her, his scent and his touch still part of her sensory memory. She felt him release inside of her, flooding him with his come, though the other sensation remained, a visceral touch rather than the contact of actual flesh. Guilt flooded over her as he rolled off of her. Their afterglow wasn’t exactly shared. As he lay in bliss, she tried to keep herself silent as another lover kept her orgasm going, blissful waves of emotion and passion washing over her like the tides, erasing her thoughts like love letters written in the sand.