The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

I Hate You

Part 7

“I’m going to be who and do what?!” Marie asked as Jasmine explained her plan.

“You’re going to be Jewel’s long lost Sister whom I found as a wedding present. You’re going to keep an eye on her so when she gets her memory back, you can prove to her that she really did fall in love with Steve. We want her to know that it is real and not because we cast a love spell or something. To do this, I please need for you to date Steve’s best friend Frank. Don’t worry, you don’t have to sleep with him. In fact, but don’t tell anyone, he’s a virgin that is waiting for the ‘right one’.

We have a few days before Jewel is out of the hospital and Frank is back from Vegas. That will give us time to brief and prepare you.” Jasmine said with a smile.

“What type of people are you? Jewel told me that you were a self centered, materialistic bitch but I don’t see or feel that in you. My other new ‘Sister’ over there —” Marie said as she pointed at Cassie, “you’re telling me is a powerful witch, but witches don’t exist. I trust you both like family and we’ve only just met. I don’t think you’re lying to me, so all of this must be true. You could ask me hand over the tape with Jewel’s evidence, and I would. With her memory gone, you would be safe. Yet you’re going out of your way to help her find happiness.” Marie said, slightly shellshocked.

Cassie was surprised that Marie was taking the situation so well. She looked at the younger woman and was glad she was her kid Sister. “Whoa, where did that come from?” Cassie thought and realized that something unexpected had happened during the spell.

Jasmine gave a wry smile. “My Cousin is really in love with Jewel. His future happiness is tied to hers. I will admit that when I started out with this plan, I wanted her stopped in any way possible. Yet as I learned about the true Jewel, the plan changed. She has done a lot of good and deserves happiness. As to why I’m no longer a ‘self centered, materialistic bitch’, talk to our other Sister about that.”

“So this guy you’re fixing me up with; is he cute?” Marie asked shyly, which endeared her to both Cassie and Jasmine.

“Here. See for yourself. He’s the one on the right.” Jasmine said as she brought up a picture of Steve and Frank in tuxedos at another friend’s wedding on her phone. She handed it to Marie.

Marie looked at Frank and a small smile grew on her face. It made Jasmine feel good. As quickly as it appeared, however, it disappeared. Marie handed the phone back to Jasmine sadly.

“What’s wrong Marie?” Cassie asked with concern.

“He’s out of my league. I’m the girl who even her own Parents don’t want. I’m not as smart or driven as Jewel is. I’m just a waitress living paycheck to paycheck. Plus I don’t have the wardrobe. I only own one nice dress. I don’t even have the money to get back home tonight. I was going to ask Jewel to help me.”

“Frank isn’t shallow and won’t care what you do for a living. Any guy would be out of his mind to not want to date you, and this isn’t just your ‘big Sister’ talking.” Jasmine said with a grin, which made Marie feel better.

“As for the wardrobe, I think I have the answer to that.” Cassie said.

“What are you thinking Cassie?” Jasmine asked suspicious.

“Marie is about the same size as Lydia. Do you think Lydia would agree to have two weeks removed from her sentence in exchange for some hand me downs for Marie? After all, it would be charitable.”

“I think it is worth a shot. Marie, what’s your work schedule like?”

“Tomorrow is my day off. Then Thursday I work the six am to two pm shift. Friday and the weekend, I work eleven until six.” Marie answered as her stomach growled. She looked embarrassed.

“How did you pay to get here?” Cassie asked gently.

“I used my grocery money. Normally they let me eat at work for free but I didn’t work today. I had to buy a blank tape and pay to have someone make the copy. I also had to pay for the train and bus to come here.”

“Marie go raid the fridge. I don’t think Jewel will mind.” Jasmine said affectionately.

As Marie went to the kitchen area, Jasmine turned to Cassie.

“Why am I feeling so strongly about Marie?”

“Have you always wanted a little Sister?”

“Yes.”

“I have too. I think your involvement in the loyalty spell changed the dynamics of it. My magic teacher warned me that loyalty spells needed to be one on one affairs. However, as you can tell, I like to do things my own way. Besides having Marie loyal to us, it also brought our desires into it. We’ve all had Parents abandon us and the spell is binding us together. The longer the spell is in place, the more we will feel like actual Sisters until we eventually become Sisters. You and I already had a friendship going so you wouldn’t notice too drastic of a change yet between us. However, since we’ve only just met Marie, that’s why you’re noticing it. She is too, but I think she’s still too overwhelmed by the situation to have it register fully.

Do you still want to this to continue or should I try to alter the spell? To be honest, I’m not sure I want to change the spell.”

Jasmine looked over at Marie eating. This sweet, adorable girl was willing to go without food for two days to help Jewel even though she didn’t agree with what Jewel was doing. It made Jasmine feel proud to be connected with her.

“The better question to ask is if you don’t mind having me for an obnoxious older Sister and having a younger Sister who is prettier than you.” Jasmine teased.

“She’s not prettier than me!” Cassie exploded.

“What’s going on over there?” Marie came running with concern. She didn’t want to see the two of them fighting.

“Sibling rivalry.” Jasmine laughed and then Cassie joined in.

Cassie then told Marie the same thing she told Jasmine about what was happening between them.

“So Marie, do you want two older Sisters? I originally only planned to have you trust us to help with Jewel. However, as you can now feel, it’s becoming more than that. There is one other thing I need to tell both of you.” Cassie said.

“Good or bad?” Jasmine inquired.

“Depends on how you look at it. In a few weeks, there is a chance you both may have strange things start to happen around you. If it does, don’t panic. But let me know as soon as possible.”

“What do you mean by strange?” Marie asked.

“Books falling off shelves. Something bursting into flames when you’re pissed off. Someone’s pants or skirt falling down when you’re mad at them. That kind of strange things.” Cassie said.

“Why” Jasmine inquired.

“The spell that is making us into Sisters may awaken your potential to tap energy forces.”

“Are you saying that we could become witches.” Jasmine blurted out, shocked.

“Not at the power levels I have, but yes. I would need to have you tested to see your potential. If it’s too low, we would need to bind it, so it wouldn’t be a problem. Otherwise, I’ll help you learn how to use it. Usually close siblings all have the ability with varying degrees. If the bond isn’t broken between us then you may indeed become a witch.

So if you have any doubts about becoming Sisters, let me know now.”

“I’m still in.” Jasmine said quickly. Then she and Cassie looked at Marie.

“Why do you say having powers may be a bad thing?” Marie asked.

“Would you use those powers to walk up to almost anyone and have them to give you everything they own?”

“No.” Marie answered quickly.

“Would you use them to force someone to be your sex toy?”

“No.” Marie answered again.

“What if you could badly hurt the girl who attacked you in prison or the guy who let you rot in there with just a few simple phrases and no one would know it was you? What if you could force your family to take you back? Would you?”

“I—” Marie started to say and then stopped. She now knew what Cassie meant.

“That’s right. In a few weeks you could be on your way. Sometimes it’s a burden to have to keep your emotions in check all the time. I don’t always win, Jasmine can confirm that. But I use the Wiccan Rede and the motto ‘with great power, comes great responsibility’ to keep me from going too far. ”

“So I should heed Uncle Ben’s advice?” Marie asked. It pleasantly surprised Cassie and shocked Jasmine.

“You read comics?”

“No but I love the actor who played Peter Parker. I’ve seen that movie a dozen times. I’ve always wanted to read them but I couldn’t afford those early issues.” Marie replied sheepishly.

“Now I know I’m gonna love having you as a kid Sister.” Cassie said as she tousled Marie’s hair.

“Outside of Jewel, I have no family. They disowned me when I refused to give up my ex boyfriend. That’s why I wound up in prison. They refused to help me get a lawyer or speak on my behalf at the sentencing hearing. Had I known what a scumbag he was, I would have turned him over to the police in a heartbeat.

Even after I got out, they wanted nothing to do with me. Jewel and I are Blood Sisters, but that bond doesn’t feel as strong or as wonderful as this one does with the both of you. So even though it wasn’t your intention and you don’t know me well; if you’ll have me then I am happy to be your Sister.” Marie said with tears.

Jasmine and Cassie moved over and began to hug Marie.

“What’s our next step?’ Jasmine asked as they broke the hug.

“You need to go home and keep Samantha happy. Meanwhile Marie and I will go over the apartment and remove any pictures with Marie in them. We’ll stay the night here and get to know each other better. Tomorrow we’ll hook up with you and go talk to Lydia. Then we will help get Marie ready to take on her role.”

“Steve has my car. How are we getting to Lydia’s?” Jasmine asked and then realized the answer.

“Barry!” Jasmine and Cassie said in unison.

“Whose Barry?” Marie asked.

“He’s my, now our, Cousin.” Cassie said with a grin as she started calling him.

“Hey- Oh hi Celeste. ... When Barry get’s out of the bathroom could you have him call me. ... Thanks and congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the family. Before you ask, If you try to make me a bridesmaid, there’s no guarantee that during the ceremony that everyone’s clothes but Barry’s and mine won’t disappear. ... Thank you for understanding. Bye.”

“Is she serious about that?” Marie asked Jasmine.

“Barry already made her promise not to do anything like that.”

“I still think I want to stay on her good side.” Marie said.

“Smart girl.” Cassie said with a wink.

“While we wait for Barry to call back, I need to get some clothes for Jewel to wear. I think Steve may want to have her move in with him so I want to be prepared. Marie, I want you to finish eating.” Jasmine ordered like a big Sister.

“Yes Jasmine.” Marie said and went to finish her sandwich.

Jasmine was coming out of the bedroom a short while later with a suitcase when Cassie’s phone rang.

“Hey Barry. Me and my Sisters need a ride tomorrow. ... That right, Sisters. I’ll explain later. One you know already, the other I defy you not to love.” Hearing that made Marie blush. “Okay that should work. ... I’ll call you tomorrow with the address to pick us up at and we’ll go from there. Oh and could you do me another favor.” Cassie said as she started whispering into her phone. “I owe you one so long as it’s not being a bridesmaid. Bye.”

“He said that he’ll drive into work early instead of taking the train and pick us up after four.”

“Okay then, I’ll see you two tomorrow. Marie, try to have Cassie stay out of trouble.” Jasmine ordered.

“How do I do that?” Marie asked puzzled.

“Like how every kid Sister does. Threaten to tell on her. In this case, it’s to Barry.” She said with a smile as she kissed Marie on the cheek and left.

“Can you really make clothes disappear?” Marie asked Cassie curiously.

“About three years ago I went to Saint Louis to see the Cubs play. I should have known better, but I was wearing a Cubs jersey in the ball park. After the game, there was a group of rowdy Cardinals fans that wouldn’t leave me alone and I was in a foul mood because the Cubs lost. The story in the paper the next day was about a flash mob stunt gone wrong. Funny thing was, no one who saw it remembers them taking their clothes off or what happened to the clothes afterwards.”

“How many stories do you have like that?” Marie inquired with a grin.

“Are you sure you want to know? Aren’t you afraid I might be a bad influence?” Cassie asked slightly menacingly.

“You’re willing to remain my Sister and possibly letting me become a witch. What more character references do I need?”

“Okay how far back do you want me to start?” Cassie asked smiling. She regaled Marie with stories until Marie fell asleep. Then Cassie got a blanket and tucked Marie in on the couch.

Samantha hurried to the door when she heard fumbling noises and cursing out in the hall. She opened it and found Jasmine on her knees trying to pick up her keys. Jasmine quickly got them, shoved the suitcase in and dove into the apartment sweating.

“Jas! Are you alright? Do I need to get a Doctor?” Samantha asked frightened as she closed the door.

“No. I need for you to get naked. NOW! I have maybe ten minutes tops before Cassie’s spell kicks in fully.” Jasmine husked with glazed eyes as she started stripping.

Samantha remembered feeling like a deer rutting when she was bespelled. She ran into the bedroom and got naked. She had just finished removing her panties when Jasmine burst into the room. She had the look of a wild jungle cat about to pounce on her prey. With a panther like grace she lept at Samantha and began covering her entire body with licks and kisses as she pushed her down onto the bed. Samantha soon glazed over from Jasmine’s carnal onslaught on Samantha’s womanhood. Jasmine parted Samantha’s nether lips and began lapping like a tiger trying to slake her thirst from the river of Samantha’s bounty. Samantha shuddered when her first orgasm hit and felt Jasmine do the same. However, Jasmine wasn’t quenched yet. Samantha had three more orgasms before Jasmine finished exploring the erotic continent that was Samantha’s body. Both women fell asleep and awoke when Samantha’s alarm clock went off the next morning.

“Why did Cassie cast the spell on you and take off Jas?”

“She didn’t. I did it to myself Sammie. Just like my Aunt did.”

“Okay, you’re going to have to explain this to me.” Samantha said puzzled.

“Remember Monday when I told you that Cassie put an arousal spell on a candy bar and my Aunt ate it?”

“Yes, so?”

“Well Cassie gave me two more of the bars. I was going to wait until I got home and have you decide when and who got the first spell. However, I hadn’t had anything to eat since breakfast yesterday. So in the cab home from Jewel’s place, I got hungry—” Jasmine started embarrassed.

“And you ate one the bars without thinking.” Samantha finished laughing.

“Then a couple streets were closed due to an accident, making the cab ride longer and my arousal stronger. It got so bad, I almost had the cab driver pull over so I could service him! Then I almost jumped Mrs. Peterson in the elevator. Had she lived one floor higher, I don’t like to think about what would’ve happened.”

“Oh Honey! Don’t worry about it. I’ll call in sick tomorrow and we will flip a coin to see who eats the remaining bar. To be on the safe side, however, I’ll take it for safe keeping.

Now come join me in the shower so I can make sure you’re squeaky clean all over.”

After a vigorous shower that wasn’t all about cleanliness, Samantha got dressed and made breakfast for them. She was drinking her first cup of coffee when Jasmine came out of the bedroom.

“So Jas, besides giving me four orgasms and almost leaving an erotic tip for the cab driver, what did you do yesterday?”

“Nothing much Sammie.” Jasmine sighed. “I found out that my Mom left my Dad. My Aunt and Uncle are no longer separating because of the candy bar spell. I found out how much Steve cares for Jewel and how much she manipulated him. I met Jewel’s accomplice and because of my involvement in a spell, became Sisters with her and Cassie.”

“What?!” Samantha exclaimed as she sprayed coffee out her mouth.

“Oh and I forgot, there is a chance I may become a witch, but we won’t know for a few weeks.”

“I have to leave for work in half an hour and you spring all this on me now?! Why didn’t you tell me all of this last night?” Samantha demanded.

“My mouth was otherwise occupied and you didn’t seem to mind. How come you keep getting four orgasms to my three?”

“Don’t change the subject! You might be a witch?!”

“The spell that was supposed to have Marie, who you’re going to love, become loyal to me and Cassie morphed into having all three of us turn into Sisters. Not like Jewel and I are sorority sisters but full fledged Sisters in our minds and hearts. Because of this magical bond we have now with Cassie, it may awaken the potential for me to use Nature’s, the Earth’s and the Universe’s powers.”

“So does this mean I have to start referring to you as Padawan Jas?” Samantha asked amused.

“No. I might be a witch not a Jedi.”

“Does that also mean you’re going to be a Wiccan?”

“I don’t think I have to. Why?”

“Cassie told me briefly about her moral codes. You said that Lydia’s punishment fit the crime. Would you have done the same to her or worse?” Samantha asked earnestly.

“Honestly, I would have done worse. Nor would I give her the chance to lessen it like Cassie is going to today.” Jasmine admitted, ashamed.

“Start thinking about that.”

“I will. As long as we’re together, I think you’ll keep me on the straight and narrow.” Jasmine told Samantha with a smile.

“Great, so now I’m Jiminy Cricket.” Samantha said sarcastically.

“No. You’re the greatest lover I could ever hope for and don’t deserve.”

“So then, the first spell you master better be an arousal spell.” Samantha said with a grin.

“Actually Cassie knows at least five arousal spells. On the strength scale, you’ve only experienced number three.”

“Let’s stay a number three for now. What’s your plans for today?” Samantha asked as she got ready to leave for work. She picked up her purse and a travel mug full of coffee.

“Drop by the hospital, go pick up art supplies so I can create a portfolio for my job interview next week and go with Cassie and Marie to talk to Lydia. I’ll be home late.”

“Before I go, the candy bar please Jas.” Samantha said as she held out her hand.

“Okay Sammie.” Jasmine said as she went to her purse. She handed the bar to Samantha who put it into the refrigerator.

“When you get home tonight, if you want to talk about your Mother, I’m all ears.”

“Thanks Sammie, I love you.” Jasmine said as she kissed her off to work.

After Samantha left, Jasmine sat down and thought about what Sammie said. She was willing to be lenient to Jewel, so why not Lydia? In the grand scheme of things, Lydia’s transgression was less than Jewel’s. Was it because Jewel has redeeming qualities, or was it because Lydia’s insult was directed towards Sammie?

She thought about Cassie’s initial punishment for Kimberly; working at an animal shelter for a month. Could she have been as forgiving towards someone that was trying to rob or hurt her with a knife? She had made a lot of strides since first meeting Cassie six weeks ago, but she realized that she was going to have to dig deeper now. Maybe her new Sisters were what she needed.

She called Steve to see if he would come pick her up. In the hours before he showed, Jasmine looked up what she could on the Wiccan Rede. If it could help her younger Sister Cassie, then it should help her as well.

She also contacted the detective to find out what they could about Jewel’s real background. She gave them her real name of Julie Richards and the information she gathered from questioning her Sunday. The detective told Jasmine since they were doing this pro bono, it would be early next week before they could give her the information. She thanked them.

Marie woke up to the smell of coffee and eggs cooking. She looked around before she remembered where she was. She smiled and stretched as she sat down at the dining room table.

“Morning Marie, How do you like your eggs?” Cassie asked affectionately.

“Anyway you want to make them is alright by me.”

“How about your coffee?”

“However you want.” was Marie’s too eager to please answer. It made Cassie stop and stare at Marie hard.

“Marie, you don’t have to please me all the time. I’m not going to dump you. You’re not a stray that I begged my Parents to keep only to grow bored with you and forget about a week later. I know what it’s like to have family abandon you.”

“True, but you told me you had Barry to help you from day one. It wasn’t until I had the crap kicked out of me that I even had Jewel. Since the night of the car wreck, not once have my Parents or Brother had any contact with me. The first day after I got out of prison, I went home to get Mr. Tawny —”

“Who is Mr. Tawny?” Cassie interrupted.

“My stuffed tiger. It’s the only thing I had left from my Grand Parents. They gave him to me on my fourth birthday. I rang the doorbell but my Parents acted like they weren’t home. I could see them thru the curtains. I left and came back the next day. This time they opened the door and handed me a restraining order without saying a word.” Marie said with tears as she began to have a meltdown.

Cassie rushed over and hugged her new little Sister. She started gently rocking her and made soothing sounds. They stayed that way until the smoke detector went off from the eggs burning on the stove. Cassie turned them off and smiled at Marie.

“Pancakes?” Cassie asked.

“Waffles with blueberry syrup please.” she answered with a smile.

“Okay. Wash up and I’ll take you out. I searched the place while you slept and I’ve got all the pictures of you. After breakfast, I need to go to work. You come back here and wait until I come back with Barry to pick you up.”

“If you don’t mind, I would like to see where you work.”

“Speaking of work, what does Jewel do? Jasmine never told me.”

“She used to work as a day trader at the Chicago Board of Trade. After she got engaged to Steve, she quit and he started helping her financially.”

“Was she going to share any of the divorce money with you?”

“She offered, but I told her I didn’t want a dime of that dirty money.” Marie said bitterly. It made Cassie proud of her little Sister.

“I’ll be waiting for you. Now go wash up and make it quick or I’ll give you a nickname like Squirt.” Cassie warned.

“Right away Sis. But if you call me Squirt, I’ll start calling you Sissy Cassie. And if you cast a spell on me because of that, I’ll run and tell Barry.” Marie said as she went into the bathroom.

“At least she’s getting the annoying kid Sister part down pat.” Cassie said under her breath. Then she continued with a smile. “And I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

The morning flew by quickly for Cassie and Marie. Cassie almost hyperventilated from laughter when Marie tried to sit in on one of Cassie’s advanced yoga classes. Marie was eager but unfortunately not limber enough. She cramped up in a funny looking shape and Cassie couldn’t stop laughing. She eventually cast a spell to relax Marie’s muscles but not before she let everyone in the class take a picture beside her. Marie was originally miffed, but she knew Cassie didn’t do it to be mean. Marie even started laughing when she saw one of the photos.

Jasmine stopped by around one and took Marie out to lunch. They came back after the meal and Jasmine started scolding Cassie for not helping Marie quicker than she did. Cassie caught the slight glee in Marie’s eyes while this happened. It seemed like they were all shifting into their new roles comfortably. Jasmine the over protective older Sister, Cassie the middle child and Marie the kid Sister.

While Cassie was teaching her afternoon classes, Jasmine decided to spend the time working on her portfolio and had Marie pose for her.

“Stop fidgeting in your chair Marie!” Jasmine told her at one point.

“Yes Sis.” Marie said like a scolded child.

“Hold it! Keep your face that way.”

A few minutes later, Jasmine showed Marie the charcoal drawing. Marie couldn’t be believe how beautiful it was and how she looked in it. She wished she was as talented as her older Sisters.

“Can I keep this?” Marie asked Jasmine.

“After my job interview you can. I need this to show them my skill. But when I have such a great subject, it’s easy for me to look good.” It made Marie blush and Jasmine laugh.

Before they knew it, it was three thirty and Barry called to ask where to pick them up. Around a quarter after four, Barry pulled up at the yoga studio. Jasmine climbed in the front seat, Marie and Cassie in the back.

Barry noticed Jasmine’s slight body language shift towards him. He could tell that she was more comfortable to be around him in a familial way. “Going to introduce me to your new Sister?” He asked with a smile as he looked back.

“Barry, this is my new sister Marie. Marie, this is our cousin Barry. Jasmine you already know.” Cassie said as he pulled out.

“Hello Barry.” Marie said.

“Hello Marie. Jasmine, Marie, welcome to the family. Okay, someone tell me where we’re going and then I need to ask a personal question of you Cassie.”

Jasmine gave Barry the address and directions to get to Lydia’s place.

“What’s the question?” Cassie asked.

“Before it causes a rift between you three, have you thought about Jasmine’s Father?”

“What does Daddy have to do with this?” Cassie asked. Calling him “Daddy” shocked Jasmine and then Cassie herself. Marie was also surprised.

“Exactly. I talked to Abigail when you said you had Sisters. She said something like this may happen. Since I don’t know what spell was involved, she couldn’t give me a clear answer. But she was concerned that since you don’t have a Father alive, you may begin to view Jasmine’s Dad as yours. So be careful if you’re ever around him.”

“You talked to Abigail?” Cassie said with a blanched face.

“Yes and she wants to meet all of you this weekend. It wasn’t a request.”

“Who is Abigail?” Marie inquired.

“She is my magic teacher. Outside of Barry and now you two, she’s the closest person I have to family. Did she say when?”

“Before sunset.”

“Did she say why?”

“Just that she wanted to meet the women stupid enough to agree to be your Sisters.”

“Hey!” Jasmine and Marie said. But Cassie started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Jasmine said, slightly pissed off.

“It’s her way of telling me that she approves of my decision. It also means that she’ll probably be willing to teach you as well if you have magical aptitude.”

The rest of the ride involved Jasmine telling Marie all about Frank and how they were going to pass her off as Jewel’s Sister. Around five thirty, they arrived at the gate outside of Lydia’s parent’s mansion. Jasmine leaned over Barry to talk to Lydia’s Mom thru the intercom and they were buzzed in.

“You’ll have to come in with us Barry. This may take a while.” Jasmine told him.

They drove up and got out of the car. Marie was in awe of the place. After the maid let them in, they waited in the hall.

An elegant woman came down the main staircase with a warm smile. “Jasmine, it is so nice to see you. How’s your Mother?”

“She went to a spa in Arizona for a few weeks Mrs. Winthrop. These are my friends. Is Lydia around? We need to ask her a favor.”

“She’ll be here in a little bit. She’s not back from the office yet.” Mrs. Winthrop said with pride.

“Office? Lydia has a job?” Jasmine asked surprised.

“Not a job. She’s been volunteering at the charity I help run for unwed teen mothers. She asked me Sunday if I needed help. She’s been helping stuff envelopes, making phone calls for donations and getting refreshments for the other volunteers.” She beamed.

“Can we wait please?” Jasmine asked.

“Certainly Dear. Go sit in the living room. Do any of you need anything to drink?”

“No Mrs. Winthrop,” was the chorus of answers.

“I’m surprised she even let us in.” Marie said as they moved into the living room.

“My Daddy told me she never judges people by their appearance, just their heart.”

“I see what you meant on Sunday about her.” Cassie said.

They were waiting about ten minutes when they heard the front door open and Lydia came in singing. “Whose car is out front?” She asked.

“It’s Jasmine and some of her friends, Dear. They’re waiting to ask you a favor.”

Lydia walked in. Jasmine had expected a look of fear or hatred when Lydia saw Cassie, instead she flinched then relaxed.

“Follow me.” She said as she led the group upstairs to her bedroom.

“What do you want from me?” Lydia demanded.

“How would you like for me to shorten your sentence by two weeks in exchange for some old outfits you no longer wear for Marie here?” Cassie asked.

“No Cassie.” Lydia said.

Marie started to leave but was puzzled when Cassie motioned her to stay.

“Besides your Mother, is someone else the reason why you don’t want your sentence shortened?” Cassie asked gently with a knowing smile.

“His name is Roger.” Lydia said while blushing. “How did you know?”

“The pride your Mother had when talking about you volunteering. Also you just called me Cassie instead of Cassandra. I told you when we first met that my friends call me Cassie. You’re now viewing what happened to you as help, not punishment. You’re afraid that if I lift my spell off you too soon, you’ll revert back to your old ways before you feel you can keep doing this on your own. You can speak freely about it in front of everyone.”

“Yes, I was mad at you; so much so that I wanted to kill you. However, when I got home Sunday, my Mother hugged me. When I asked why, she said the Mother of a girl who would’ve lost her job called and was grateful I took her place. It turns out that there was an employee on new hire probation that missed her bus to work and would have been fired. Everyone had assumed that’s who I agreed to fill in for.

I know that my Mother loves me, but the look of pride on her face was something I hadn’t seen in a long time and it made me feel good. I then asked if she needed help at one of her charities. Roger is the office manager of the one she picked. He thought I would be showing up only to appease my Mother and would not do anything. He assumed that I would be just another snobbish rich girl looking to get her face in the paper and then walk away the next day.

Due to your spell, I’m actually doing work in the office. He is impressed. We started talking over the past few days and we connected. He drove me home tonight and we’re going out on our first date Saturday. I would have never have met him if it wasn’t for you. Thank you.” Lydia said as she hugged Cassie.

“How many outfits do you need?” Lydia asked.

After offering them fifteen, Jasmine and Cassie settled on five.

“You’re welcome to them all.” Lydia said.

“No Lydia. We don’t need more than that. I don’t want to abuse your generosity. If you don’t want them, give the rest to charity. Can Marie please use your bathroom to change so that we can see how she looks in them?” Cassie asked.

“No problem.”

Marie came out with smiles on her face when showing off the first four outfits. While she went back to change into the fifth outfit, Lydia turned to Jasmine.

“Please tell Samantha, I am sorry that I ever thought of, and called, her a whore.”

“She doesn’t know what you said nor am I going to tell her.”

“Why?” Lydia asked grateful and surprised.

“I made a deal with her. If you took your sentence to heart, there was no need for her to know. I will tell her that you apologized for what you said.”

“I thought for sure, given my past attitude, that you would have told her. Thank you.” Lydia said with sincerity.

Marie came out looking terrible. Her whole demeanor shifted from what she was like wearing the other four outfits. The fifth outfit was an elegant, backless dress for a formal night out. She was wearing her t-shirt under the dress.

“What’s wrong Sis?” Jasmine asked. “Don’t you like it?”

“I like it. It’s not me though.” Marie murmured sadly.

“That girl that put you in the hospital, she scarred your back didn’t she?” Cassie said.

Marie nodded sadly.

“I’ll go wait in the hall.” Barry said as he headed out of the room.

“Marie let me see.” Cassie requested.

“No.” Marie said embarrassed.

“Marie. Please take off the shirt now.” Jasmine ordered.

Marie looked at her and reluctantly pulled up the shirt. She then turned around and the other occupants of the room gasped at the sight.

“Now I know why Jewel put the other girl in the hospital for a month.” Cassie said livid.

Marie then put her shirt back down.

“Don’t worry Marie. When we visit Abigail, she’ll help you. Between the two of us, we should be able to shrink those scars to nothing.”

“You will?” Marie asked with hope.

“Anything for Jasmine’s and my little Sister. Now go get changed so we can leave and let Lydia unwind.”

“Little Sister? Both of yours?” Lydia asked perplexed

“I was casting a loyalty spell when—” Cassie started.

“That’s all I need to hear.” Lydia said stopping her.

Marie went into the bathroom to change back into the clothes she wore to Lydia’s house.

“Anytime you need a favor, call.” Cassie said smiling as she handed Lydia her number.

“Me too.” Jasmine said.

“I don’t have many friends. Would you come to my birthday party in December?”

“Tell me the time and place and we’ll be there. I may even give you a spell of your choice as a gift.” Cassie said with a wink as Marie came out of the bathroom. They picked the outfits up off the bed, met up with Barry in the hall and started to leave.

Lydia came with them downstairs and saw them to the door.

“I thought I liked myself before I met you, but I like myself better now. Thank you again.” Lydia said as she hugged Cassie.

“I think your name fits you better now.” Cassie told her with a smile.

“Excuse me?” Lydia asked, confused about the statement.

“There are some circles in magic that believe certain names carry powers. Others believe that your name can affect how you turn out. Lydia means ‘Noble kind’. Good bye and thank you.” Cassie said as they walked out.

“What do Marie and Jasmine mean?” Marie asked as they walked to the car.

“Jasmine means ‘gift from God’ and Marie means ‘annoying little Sister’.” Cassie said.

“Barry, make her stop!” Marie cried.

“Sorry. I’m making up for twenty years of missed teasing.” Cassie said with a saccharin sweet smile.

Barry smiled at Marie. “Your name can mean a lot of things. It could mean ‘bitter’ or ‘sea of sorrow’. However it can also mean ‘wished for child’. I think that meaning best fits your situation with Cassie and Jasmine. Marie was our Grandmother’s name.

If Cassie didn’t care about you, she wouldn’t be acting the way she is right now. Don’t worry Jasmine, your time is coming.” Barry said as he opened the trunk and began to carefully lay the outfits in. He pulled a laptop bag out of the trunk before closing it.

“Here Marie. Cassie said you would appreciate this.” He handed her the bag.

“I can’t take your computer. You just met me.”

“Marie, you’re family now. This is an older laptop that hasn’t the horsepower to run the latest operating system. It can still get you on the internet and there’s still a year left on the wifi service. However, the reason that Cassie asked if you can have it is that over the last three years, I’ve scanned some of my comic book collection into it. I have most of the older Spiderman, Superman and Wonder Woman issues in it. There’s an icon on the desktop that you can click to call up any issue and read it.” Barry said with a smile.

“You collected Wonder Woman?” Jasmine asked.

“After Spiderman, Wonder Woman was Cassie’s favorite character. After her Dad died, her Mom refused to let her buy any more comic books, so I did it for her. I don’t have anything from the forties thru the early sixties but I was able to get the later stuff for her.”

“Thank you.” Marie said as she took the bag and they all climbed into the car.

“When I called Cassie to find out where to pick you three up, she told me to set the username to Marie and your password to Squirt1 with a capital S.

“Cassie!”

“You’re the one who took too long getting ready this morning.” Cassie laughed.

“Seriously Marie, Cassie had me set the password to MRTAWNY all caps. I didn’t know you were a Captain Marvel fan.”

“I’m not. But the name has special meaning to me.” Marie said looking at her older Sister with a smile.

“Who do I drop off first?” Barry asked as they left Lydia’s place.

“Marie.” Cassie and Jasmine said together.

To Be Continued.