The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Jilliad

Book 3

Mark’s Expanding Family

Chapter 12

A Quiet and Uneventful Saturday Morning

Early the next morning, a smiling Mark and Isa jumped into his car and drove back to Concord. “She is so beautiful,” he thought. And she was. While her old, sullen look gave her a somewhat sexy appearance, her new bright smile gave her a fresh-faced, yet glamorous, movie star quality. Almost like a young Audrey Hepburn.

“Hey babe,” said Mark talking to his phone.

“Hey Marky, Is my sweet baby with you?” said the voice of Trish.

“I’m here, Trish, lover.” beamed Isa.

“I thought I was your ‘sweet baby’,” complained Mark.

“You know you’re my everything, Babe,” said Trish.

“You know I’m just kidding guys,” grinned Mark, as he put his free hand in Isa’s lap. “Does anybody know yet?”

“Nope. Though people have reported being anxious without understanding why. I suspect that Elsie and Alexis might have an inkling because they saw you with Isabella last night,” said Trish.

“Please call me Isa, darling.”

“I almost want to call you ‘Bella’, because you are so beautiful,” said Tricia’s voice.

“Babe, if you thought she was beautiful yesterday, you should see her now.”

Isa began to blush. She was a woman in love. Still, she would not be able to truly appreciate how much love she would feel until they reached Concord.

“Babe, try to keep everyone downstairs until we get there. If you have to physically bar Amy from going to breakfast, go for it.”

“I can think of at least 13 ways of keeping Amy busy,” laughed Trish.

“Do you know if your dad Tivo’d the game?” asked Mark.

“I’m pretty sure he did just in case they got stuck in traffic. He always liked BC, but I think he and Mom are getting a kick out of their new friendship with Rich.”

“Don’t tell me the score, but how did our friend do and is he OK?”

“Rich is fine and let’s just say he was quite efficient.”

“Glad to hear it. Did he and Willow come back to Concord?”

“Yeah. Isa, your grandfather’s limo waited for them, along with me and Wendy, Josie and Jason and Jeff and his folks.”

“I’m sure he was happy to help. He is quite fond of you all.”

“So where are you guys?”

“We just passed Woodville on the Mass Pike,” said Mark.

“You guys are only about a half an hour away... Babe I gotta go. I’m being jumped on by another ‘Mark newbie’.”

“Tammy?” asked Mark.

“Yeah, these Portnoy women are just insatiable,” laughed Trish.

“See ya soon, Lady Trish,” laughed Mark.

“Bye Trish,”

“See you both soon,” said Trish as she disconnected.

Mark smiled at Isa and she beamed that magical smile back at him. He looked in her eyes and saw sweetness. He reached over and took her hand in his, and her smile became somehow brighter.

Isa was remembering when she was twelve and daydreaming about falling in love. She was in love with Mark, Trish and a number of lovely women she hadn’t met, but right now she was gazing at her brave prince. He had saved her last night when she was a worthless slut. Now she was a totally new woman. When she had washed her face in the morning, she saw her reflection in the mirror and for the first time in a long time, she loved what she saw.

* * *

In White River Junction, Vermont, the answering machine could be heard in the home of Pierre Garnier.“Hello Mr. Garnier, it is Asa Karegian from the Beach Front Hotel and Casino. Our records showed that you were to arrive at 11PM last night. We were incredibly disappointed that you have failed to arrive. If you experienced problems with transportation we would be happy to help. Please contact us, so we can be of service. We have representatives in your area to assist you. Thank you.”

* * *

In Concord, a few minutes later, Michelle Bergeron’s phone rang. “Hello Michelle.”

“Pierre, what’s wrong? You sound shaken.”

“We listened to your advice about not going to the casino. We have been screening our calls and we got a message from the guy who contacted us about the trip. He offered to help us with transportation, but it sounded more like a veiled threat.”

“Pierre, I’m putting you on speaker.”

“Pierre, I know you don’t know me, but I am Joe Martino. My son is engaged to your daughter.”

“Josie’s engaged?” asked a surprised Pierre.

“Yes, sir we can talk about that more when you and your family are somewhere safe.” said Joe.

“Mr. Garnier, this is Phil Winthrop. My daughters and my eldest’s fiancée are close friends of your daughter. Do you have family or friends out of town you can go and visit?”

“My wife’s parents are out of the country and I have nothing on my side. We have some friends in town, but not much out of town,”

All fourteen people sitting at the dining room table looked at Michelle. Michelle looked at Bill, who rubbed her shoulder comfortingly and then nodded to Phil.

“Pierre, it is vital that you get you and your family somewhere safe,” said Joe.

“I can’t think of anywhere we can go,” said Pierre.

“Mr. Garnier, you can stay with us at our Concord compound,” said Phil.

“Thank you, sir!” said Pierre.

“There is the matter that they may be followed,” said Joe.

“We can’t have that,” said Chip. “I have an idea. Mr. Garnier, I am Mr. Winthrop’s father, Chip. How long would it take you to get to Bennington?”

“Between an hour and an hour and a half or so. Why?” asked Pierre.

“I know one way they can’t follow you here,” grinned Chip.

* * *

When Mark and Isa arrived at the house, they snuck down the stairs. “Are you ready?” asked Mark.

“I’m a little bit nervous, but really excited too.” smiled Isa.

Mark opened the door.

Mark’s lovers were all in various states of undress, when they saw him walk in with a girl some of them briefly recognized from the football game. Something was different about her today. While the rest of the women ruminated, Trish ran toward Isa and they began to kiss each other deeply. Soon the look of recognition filled everyone’s eyes and a huge ball of flesh began to form.

Kelly Hardcastle was to join, when Mark pulled her into his arms. “Kel... not now. I want you,” grinned Mark.

“You do?”

“Always, lover,” as he got himself undressed and climbed on top of the lovely, small girl and began to kiss her deeply before entering her. Kelly moaned into his mouth. It had been almost a week since Mark’s cock had been in her pussy and it felt really good.

Isa was being kissed by Trish, licked between her legs, by another and caressed, kissed and sucked by about a dozen others. Isa felt her heart completely full of love, as she felt her arousal completely arise.

After about half an hour, Elsie broke up the little gathering. It was already a little past nine and she knew that everybody would be missed. Mark got up from where he was currently snuggling with Kelly in the afterglow of their lovemaking. He then introduced Kelly to Isa. The women greeted each other with a searing kiss. Then Mark kissed Isa. “Are you OK?” asked Mark.

Isa was blushing, but incredibly happy. “I’m happier than I’ve ever been. Am I gay now?”

“From a practical standpoint, I would say that you are ‘bi’, but in reality, you won’t be attracted to any other women. I had to manipulate you and Trish to get horny with each other yesterday.”

“Trish loves me now, though?”

“Don’t you ever worry about that!” said Trish who apparently overheard what Mark said. Trish then grabbed Isa and gave her a passionate kiss, before putting her arm, around Mark and kissing him sweetly.

* * *

When everyone went upstairs they were expecting to get some razzing. Instead, the mood was quite serious. Mark’s dad pulled him aside.“It appears that the mob is trying to force Pierre and his family to go to Atlantic City, even to the point of possibly kidnapping them.”

“Are they going somewhere to hide?”

“Yes. They’re coming here.”

“They can’t! ‘Josie...”

“She knows. She won’t leave her room. Michelle, Jason, her grandmother, Amber, Jeff and Wendy are trying...”

“Dad, I need to talk to her!” exclaimed Mark, as he took off for the bedroom.

As Bill saw his son, he felt a sense of pride. Mark was no longer that stoic little boy. He was no longer just a good guy that wanted to help people. Now, he actually felt his friends’ pain and would do anything to ease it. “I know you do, son,” he murmured out loud.

* * *

When he got there, he saw the people his dad described milling around being quiet. They had obviously all tried solo and joint appeals, but apparently Josie was still not coming out of the room.

“Jay, I heard. Let me take it from here,” said Mark, as he put his hand on his friends shoulder supportively.

“OK, everyone, let’s clear out and give Mark a chance,” said Jason.

“Him? If her mother, grandmother and fiancée can’t get her out, what makes him think he can?” said Elise Bergeron, almost sounding indignant.

“Mama, Mark has a very special relationship with Josephine. He might be able to convince her,” said Michelle.

Everyone else chimed in their agreement and then vacated the hallway. Mark knocked on the door.

Josie was lying on the bed crying. What her father did by denying that she had been gang raped and his hurtful words five years ago, made her feel the same as if he had participated. Now he and his bitchy stepmother were coming. She felt hurt, betrayed and the need to be cloistered away from any possible contact with him. She heard the entreaties of some of the dearest people in her life, save one. As she thought this, she heard the missing voice.

“Is this the chamber of the fair Josephine. It is I , Sir Mark, here to rescue you.”

Despite, her tears and foul mood, she couldn’t help but laugh “He’s such a geek,” she thought.

“Aye fair damsel, I can save thee...”

“Don’t you already have the fair Lady Trish?”

“So do you,” laughed Mark, recalling how the three of them had made love last weekend.

Again, Josie laughed, despite her need to be sad and angry. “Tell everyone else to go. I’ll talk to you alone.”

“They are already gone.”

The door opened and Mark pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly, while closing the door with his foot. Josie continued to cry, but dissolved into his comforting embrace. He then led her to the bed and they sat down.

“He’s coming,” she said quietly.

“I know. My dad just told me,” said Mark.

“I can’t see him.”

“I know. There is still plenty of time to leave. Jason is willing to drive the two of you back to Sanders...”

“No Mark. His dad and mom are here and Kimmy and Pete are coming in a couple of hours.”

“I could take you.”

Josie laughed. “You would be worse off than Jason. You have 15 wives, including my future mother-in-law, a father, two stepmothers...”

“It’s actually sixteen wives now.”

“You got another one? Can’t you keep your dick in your pants?”

“I try, but it seems to have a mind of its own,” laughed Mark.

Josie laughed too. “Well, we both know that number is really 17. Though I am about as part-time a wife as you’ll ever have,” she smiled.

“Well what do you want us to do?”

“Nothing. I guess I’ll have to face him at some point.”

“Josie, you need to understand something that you probably know, but have not completely accepted in your heart.”

“What?”

“You are not in this alone. You are incredibly loved.”

“I just told six of the people I love most in the world to go away and they did.”

“They didn’t go away Josie. They just gave you some room.”

“You didn’t,” she grinned through another tear.

“That’s because I’m a pain in the ass.”

“No argument here.”

Mark laughed. “Seriously, Sweetheart, We are all here for you. You have at least twenty-five people in this house who care for you. That is something that your dad won’t have. There is one more thing.”

“What?”

“Has your Dad tried to keep in touch with you?”

“He always sends me a Christmas card. I’ve never opened them. He tried to call me over the summer, but I never returned his call.”

“Well, dearest Josie, he’s put the ball squarely in your court.”

“Just because he feels a little guilty about something he did?”

“He’s paying for school this year, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Then there is nothing ‘little’ about the guilt he feels.”

“You’re saying I should forgive him?”

“No, that’s completely up to you. I’m saying be generous by not making him feel any guiltier. Your life has been pretty good lately, right?”

“No, it has been amazing.”

“Then let him know that. And let him know that you are OK. What he did to you was terrible. I’m sure he knows that. If you acknowledge that he feels guilty then that means he loves you. I learned that about my Mom just before she died. I had a lot of hate bottled up in me after she left when I was a small boy. I wish I had let some of that go sooner than I did. It was one of the biggest regrets of my life.”

“So, you’re saying I should reconcile with my father?”

“No, but I know that if you let some of that hate go, it will make you feel a whole lot better. If reconciliation is a byproduct of this, then fine. The hatred you feel for your Dad filters a small amount into all of your relationships. By letting go of that hate, it will only make your life happier.”

“But it’s so hard.”

“It is.” conceded Mark. “But maybe if you understood why he did what he did, it might make it easier to move on.”

“I suppose so...”

“I know so. When I found out what was going on with my Mom, it was like turning a light switch on. I knew that it didn’t completely negate my bad feelings, but it did it enough that I could stop hating her. First my hate turned to pity, but soon it was concern. Once it was concern, it became love.”

“I don’t know if I can do it.”

“I do and I will be standing next to you, if you want me.”

“I will need four people. You, Jason, Amber and Jeff.”

“You have us.”

Josie smiled. She remembered how she was before Mark and Jason had changed her. Mark was right. Her heart had been full of hate. While most of it was gone, there was just enough there that she could still create problems for her current and future relationships. Still she wasn’t sure she could do it, at least now. “OK, Mark. I’ll think about it.”

“That is all you need to do for now,” said Mark, as he leaned over and gave her a chaste kiss on the lips.

Mark then got up and walked towards the door. Josie was a little surprised. “Aren’t you going to pull me out of the room, kicking and screaming?”

“Nah. You’re OK. You’ll leave when you need to.”

Josie climbed off the bed and took Mark by the arm. “I think I want to be around those twenty-five, especially my three favorite guys.”

“Me, Jason and Jeff?”

“I prefer to think of you as Larry, Curly and Moe,” laughed Josie.

“Nice,” he said in mock disgust.

“Hey, it’s a compliment. I love the Stooges.”

“We love you too,” smiled Mark and Josie laughed, as they walked out of the room arm in arm.

* * *

At their home in White River Junction, Vermont, Pierre Garnier had his wife Rita pack up some bags for them and their five year old son and four year old daughter. Then they got in the car and got on to Interstate 91 South. On the way, they picked up a tail.

* * *

In his Atlantic City office, Asa got a phone call. “It looks like the Garnier’s are on their way.”

“Where are you?” asked Asa.

“Following them on 91 South.”

“I hope they’re not going to drive there.”

“They could be going to the airport in Rutland, or the one in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.”

“Well, stick with them until they get here by car or get on a plane,” said Asa. “We cannot have any more fuck-ups,” yelled Asa.

* * *

“Hello, Mr. Winthrop? It’s Pierre Garnier. We are en route to Bennington,” he said from his car.

“Good,” said Chip. “Have you noticed anyone following you?”

“Not yet.”

“They are probably there. It would help if we knew what kind of car they are driving. Mrs. Garnier, do you drive?”

“Yes,” said Rita.

“Would you feel up to driving for about 45 minutes?”

“That should be fine.”

“Good, this is what I want you to do.”

* * *

Isa opened her cell phone “Hello Grandpa,”

“Isabella! I was worried about you!”

“I’m sorry Grandpa.”

“Is this my granddaughter?” thought Tommy. “Honey, it wasn’t your fault. Mark told me all about it. The question is, how are you?” asked Tommy Martinelli.

“Oh Grandpa, I am so happy!” exclaimed the excited girl.

“I’m so happy for you, Angel. That is all that I ever wanted for you.”

“Grandpa, things are going to have to change though. I can’t live with you anymore.”

“Won’t you be able to come and visit?”

“Of course. I just won’t be able to stay long. Maybe a few days at the most.”

Tommy Martinelli was beginning to regret his decision to give Isabella to Mark. Mark had warned him that Isabella would be permanently affected, but he did not understand why he could not spend more time with his granddaughter; especially now she seemed to be so sweet again. “Darling, why would Mark want to keep you away from me?”

“He doesn’t. But I need him and the others, the way that they need me. I couldn’t imagine being away from them for more than a few days. I’d go crazy!”

“I didn’t know that it would be like this,” said Tommy sadly.

“Don’t be sad Grandpa. You haven’t lost me. I love you more than I ever have before. I even love Brad.”

“OK, now I know that there is something wrong with you,” laughed Tommy.

Then Tommy heard it. Isabella laughed. It was the first time that he had heard that laugh in years. Then he remembered why he asked Mark to take her. “Oh Isa, I just love hearing your laugh again.”

“Thank you for calling me Isa. I want to be your Isa again.”

“I love you, baby girl.”

“I love you too. And Grandpa?”

“I don’t know how all this will work, but I promise to call every day and I will visit as often as I can.”

“Thank you, baby.”

As Tommy hung up the phone, he realized that despite everything, he made the right decision. She was his Isa again. He loved her and while the situation was complicated she was happy. He also realized how happy his life was when his Sheila sat down on his lap and kissed him.

* * *

When the Garnier family got to the exit for Route 11 they pulled off I-91. They found a little roadway and pulled into it. Then they switched drivers as Pierre stood out of the car and bent over to sell the bout of nausea he was supposed to have. He saw a black SUV, driving past the roadway. He wanted them to get a good look, as Rita rubbed his shoulder sympathetically before getting into the driver’s seat. In a moment, Pierre climbed into the front passenger seat and Rita drove the car back to I-91 South.

Chip Winthrop’s phone rang. “Hello Mr. Garnier.”

“Please call me Pierre after everything you, your family and friends are doing to help us.”

“I’d be glad to do so, Pierre. So what news?”

“We pulled off the highway the way you suggested and I think they bought it.”

“Good. So what are we looking at.?”

“A black luxury SUV, with Mass plates. They are following us a few cars back.”

“Great work, Pierre. We have everything set up in Bennington. Keep going with the plan and everything should work out great.”

“If you don’t mind me saying sir, you have quite a mind for intrigue,” said Pierre.

“That’s what a number of years in the diplomatic corps and two terms in the U.S. House will do to you every time,” laughed Chip.

Mark joined the “Liberate the Garnier’s” brain trust and was brought up to speed. Mark marveled at his future grand-father-in-law’s brain for strategy. Then he remembered how cool Chip was when Trish had been kidnapped. He had suggested the helicopter to beat the Winthrop’s to Concord, conned the mercenaries into them handing Trish over to him and ordered the cleanup detail from Wedgewood Associate. “Note to self: Do not play chess against that man,” he thought.

* * *

Asa Karegian was sitting in his office. He was not going to make the same mistake he made with Claud Portnoy. He had the evidence already faked. As long as Pierre Garnier stayed in the studio for at least two hours, they had him. His cell phone rang. “Yuri, please tell me that you have some good news for me.”

“We are still tailing the mark. They passed the exit to go to Rutland, but they turned off 91 too and got on Route 9.”

“Is there anything that could justify that?” asked Asa.

“There is a small airport in Bennington that they could be going to.”

“I suppose that they could know someone who could fly them to AC on the cheap. Make sure you stick with them! The last thing we need is for your Uncle Anatole getting madder than he is”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. Don’t worry. We’ve got them.”

* * *

Mark walked into the den. He saw Jason reunited with Josie sitting on a couch. Rich and Willow were sitting on another couch. Mark kissed Willow on the cheek and plopped down next to Rich, after patting him on the back. “So, I hear you were waiting for me to start,” he grinned.

“Yeah, since you decided I was not good enough entertainment to watch live and in person,” laughed Rich.

Mark didn’t laugh.

“I’m sorry, brother. You know I was just kidding. Trish and Jason told me that you were in a bit of a scrape,” said Rich.

“I know. I’m OK and so is our new friend, Isa. I’m just disappointed that I missed your last home game.”

“You know I’m going to get you guys tickets for whatever bowl game we get,” said Rich.

“Oh Mark, you have to check out what Rich does on the first play from scrimmage,” said Jason, as he hit play on the TiVo remote.

On the screen, Rich took the snap and sidestepped a Blitzer. His receiver did a double move down the sideline as Rich did a pump fake. The corner bit on the fake, and Rich hit his receiver in stride. The receiver found the end zone on the first play of the game. After the fast forwarded extra point, BC 7, North Carolina State 0.

“Dude! That throw was worth a million bucks!” exclaimed Mark as he knuckle bumped Rich.

“Come on... that fake wouldn’t have fooled most NFL corners,” said Rich.

“No, but it would have frozen a fair number of them for an instant. That is all that a speed receiver would need to shake most CB’s,” said Jason.

“The key thing is that is a ‘next level’ throw. You sidestepped the blitzing backer and made a big time throw, hitting the receiver in stride, after the great pump fake. That is what the scouts are looking at,” said Mark.

“Save your breath, guys. My dumbass fiancée still doesn’t know how good...” started Willow, before Rich silenced her with a deep kiss.

“All I care about is being good at that.” smiled Rich after breaking the kiss.

Willow was shaken, as everybody in the room laughed. “You won’t get any argument from me,” she smiled before kissing him again.

About half an hour later in the study, Chip’s phone rang. “Hi Pierre. How’s the progress?”

“We’re there.”

“What about our friends.”

“They pulled into the same parking lot we’re parked in.”

“We expected this.”

“So what should we do?”

“Get back on the roadway and drive to the gate for ‘Hanger 9’ It is one of the private gated, hangers. Drive to the gate. They are expecting you.”

“Then what?”

“The guard at the gate will direct you. As the hanger is beyond the fence, your pursuers will not be able to follow you.”

“Thank you, Mr. Winthrop.”

“Please call me Chip, my boy.”

* * *

Yuri and Ivan watched as the Garnier’s pulled out of the parking lot and made a right. They waited a minute and pulled their black SUV on to the road and followed it discreetly.

The road winded around some buildings near the concourse and then over to the side. They saw a small gated area with a gate house and an attendant. The Garnier’s were given access and drove in behind the building on the other side of the gate.

Yuri got on the phone “Boss, we have followed them to the airport in Bennington.”

“Good. Did you follow them into the terminal?” asked Asa.

“They didn’t go in. They pulled around to some private hangers.”

“Follow them!”

“We can’t. There is a guard at the gate.”

“Do you have your badges?” asked Asa.

“Yeah. Are you sure you want us to use them?” questioned Yuri.

“This is a priority. We need to know that the Garnier’s are on their way to Atlantic City. Do whatever you have to do! Is that clear?!”

“OK. You’re the boss,” moaned Yuri Brzenko. “At least for now,” he thought

Yuri and Ivan drove up to the gate and spoke to the guard. “We are police officers and we have reason to believe that there is a crime in progress. We need to gain access to your facilities,” said Yuri as he and Ivan flashed the badges.

“Could you please show me your shields, boys?” asked the old man, as he extended his hand and received the badges.

Yuri was hoping that they wouldn’t look too closely. His hope was in vain.

“Atlantic City? Aren’t you guys a little bit out of your jurisdiction?”

“Sir, we are working with a special drug task force with the DEA, the FBI, the Vermont State Police and the Canadian Government. We have strong reason to believe that drugs are being smuggled from Canada to Atlantic City and that the point of entry is here.”

“What’s going on Tim,” said a tall, but muscular man, accompanied by three burly men, who just came on the scene. Yuri thought they looked like some kind of security detail.

“Jack, these guys identified themselves as police, but they have badges from out of state.”

“Massachusetts?”

“New Jersey.”

“New Jersey?”

“They claim that...” started the Tim the gate guard.

“Look, we just want to take a look around to see if our suspects came in here,” interrupted Yuri.

“Do you have a warrant?” asked Jack Blake.

“We don’t need one if there is a crime in progress,” said Ivan.

“That might be true if you had jurisdiction, but right now, Tim, here, has greater jurisdiction than you.” smiled jack. “Tim, have you seen any evidence that there is a crime in progress?”

“Nope.”

“Tell you what fellas. We are expecting a VIP a little later, which is why security is stepped up. Only people with the proper clearance can get in. If you describe your perps, we will be happy to detain them if they show up and will let you know if you give us a number to reach you.”

Yuri looked frustrated, but had an idea. “Can you at least tell me if one of the flights is cleared to fly to Atlantic City?”

Jack looked at one of his coworkers, who shrugged. “Well, I’m not supposed to tell about this stuff, but I believe that there is a flight about to leave for there any minute.”

“Who’s plane?”

“I’m sorry, can’t reveal that information,” stated Jack.

Off in the distance Yuri saw a plane taxi out of a hanger and head toward a runway. They lost sight of it as the runway was obscured from their position. Yuri smiled.

* * *

A few minutes later, Asa got a call. “Boss, we couldn’t get in, but we were able to confirm that a private flight was bound for Atlantic City. We saw the flight taxi towards the runway.”

“OK. Good work, Yuri. You and Ivan need to return. We have tickets for you in Rutland for a five PM flight.” said Asa.

“Thanks Boss. We’ll see you tonight,” said Yuri, as part of his message was drowned out by a helicopter flying overhead.

* * *

Chip Winthrop answered his cell phone. “Hello sir. It’s Jack Blake from Wedgewood. The package is away.”

“Nice work, Jack. Any problems?”

“Just our would-be troublemakers. We fed them your line about a plane leaving for AC and your pilot taxied out to sell it. Sir, I don’t want to seem impertinent, but you would make a good Wedgewood operative.”

“I take that as high praise coming from an extremely talented young man as yourself. Truth be told, I learned a lot from your boss when he was my attaché in West Germany. Anyway, it is always a pleasure to work with you and please give my regards to John.”

“Will do, sir,” said Jack.

“Thanks again, Jack,” he said as he disconnected.

“So they’re on their way?” asked Bill.

“They are,” replied Chip.

“I think we are running out of room,” laughed Sharon.

“Who would have ever thought that we’d ever have that problem?” laughed Phil, and lovingly wrapped his arm around her.