The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadow IV: Nebulous Reunion

By J. Darksong & Madam Kistulot

Chapter 2)

Sylvia

River City is only minutes away. It’s been years since I even thought of visiting as a person and not as a singer. We hit it near the beginning of the tour, but I had too many things on my mind to try giving Katie a call. I hadn’t forgot about Katie, or her brother, but when you barely know someone as anything besides a little kid you met when you were a little kid, you tend to think of their phone line as their parents’.

I think she only just graduated, too.

It was hard to resist looking up pictures of Luminaire, so I didn’t. Definitely a nice uniform. Definitely a promising start to her career.

“I know she’s your cousin, Sylvie, but you’re sure I can’t tag along? We, the band and I that is, have plenty we can do, but it’s not the same without you.” Nikki’s arms feel so right around me. She squeezes a little tighter, and I purr. Soon enough it’ll be her arms, and Aurora’s arms. Mmm. “See, I’m nice to have around.”

“Yeah, but . . Really. I invited myself to her house for lunch. And while I share all of my secrets with you, her secrets, well . . . Her family is loaded, but it’s got some closets if you know what I mean. I don’t want her to worry about censoring herself, or having to feed you, too. I promise I’ll make it up to you, just like I did after Tokyo. Remember Tokyo?”

Nikki’s eyes flutter, and her whole body shudders. “We still have plenty of that silk rope, too. Some of it did get ruined, but it’s not my fault you made me shake so hard.”

I grin and ruffle her hair before giving her a nice hard kiss. “I promise. Besides, I’m going to try to get her to come backstage, and even on stage. You’ll have a chance to meet her, but I don’t want to impose, and she’s family. Girl time. Alone time. You know.”

Nikki raises an eyebrow.

“She’s my cousin, not my sister! Alone time doesn’t mean that. Well... usually.” Nikki groans, and I kiss her with a giggle. “Relax. You know I’m kidding. Remember, we’re meeting at her place. So, take the band out or something, and we’ll meet up later. I’ve got my cell, you’ve got yours. Worst thing happens, you’ve got her number. I think I’m safer with her than about anywhere else in River City though, but well . . .“

“I saw you comparing the pictures of her in and out of costume, but I’ve gotta pretend like I don’t know. Fuuun.” My redheaded guitarist rolls her eyes, and I hug her a little tighter with a sigh. “If you weren’t so fucking hot, I’d never put up with your bullshit, you know that, right?”

Grinning even more, I nod, and push my arms together to make the star-shaped hole in my top as cleavageful as I can. “Lucky for both of us, I’m hotter than sin.”

* * *

Katie

I’m standing by the door, waiting nervously for Nebby to arrive. Deciding to be a little proactive, I’d checked online to find the departure and arrival times of her flight, and the plane had landed on time, right on schedule. Which meant she’d be arriving any minute now. I stick my thumb towards my mouth, the growl, resisting the urge to bite at my nails.

Okay. Calm down. There’s no reason to get so bent out of shape. I haven’t bitten my nails since I was seven years old.

I really wish Jess was here to wait with me. I always feel calmer with her around, but with things the way they were between us… sigh. She’d actually answered my text message informing her that Symphonic Nebula was coming to town, saying that she wanted to meet them. When I’d told her that Sylvia LaSilvas was coming to my house, she’d actually squealed. And… then... we’d fought like cats and dogs when I told her that she couldn’t hang out here at my house to wait for her to arrive.

I hadn’t meant to get her all excited about meeting everyone, only to deny her. It was just… Nebby was coming to visit me. I hadn’t seen my cousin in years! I just wanted to… you know… reconnect with her a bit by myself before I started sharing her with Jess. And… she said she had important business to talk about. Super heroine business. As much as I trusted Jess with all of my secrets, I refuse to violate Nebby’s trust.

So, she’s pissed at me now, I thought glumly. Again.

Maybe I can make it up to her later by convincing Nebby to give us a couple of backstage passes?

I checked my watch again, and sighed. I almost bit at my nails again, but instead forced my hands into my pockets. I was starting to become a nervous wreck. What if she decides not to come? What if she changes her mind? What if I make a fool out of myself in front of her? What if she still sees me as the annoying little brat that used to tag along with her and ’Rora all the time? Oh God… I’m not ready for this.

I went to the kitchen and took a sip of bottled water. I honestly didn’t know why I was freaking out this way. She was just my cousin. I mean, if anyone in the world would be accepting of me and all my little faults, it would be family, right? Yes… she was Sylvia LaSilvas, a world famous singer, with millions of adoring fans… Yeah, she’d traveled all over the world performing on stage in front of millions of people. And, yes, she was also a famous super, Nebula, daughter of Silver Girl, champion of the weak and downtrodden. That didn’t make me chopped liver, did it?

Did it?

Ah, hell. Why did I choose a pink Hello Kitty blouse and blue jean shorts? I look like a freaking kid!

Thinking that maybe I have enough time to make a quick wardrobe change, I move to the front door once more and peer outside. Oh SHIT! She’s here! What do I do? Do I go meet her outside? No… don’t wanna seem overly anxious. I should let her come to me… um, I mean, to the house. Backing quickly away from the door, I move to the sofa, then switch to the recliner… then back to the sofa again. Forcing myself to calm down, I close my eyes and take a deep breath… and then let out a loud yelp as the doorbell rings.

* * *

Sylvia

It feels strange to be alone in a new city. It feels strange to be alone. I’m not used to it. Normally I go on patrol alone, but then I’m Nebula instead of Sylvia. It’s different. The city is with me and somehow that makes it feel different. I would say better, but there’s nothing wrong with being alone. It’s just... unusual.

Katie’s house hasn’t changed much. The last time I came here I had black hair and brown eyes. I hadn’t even confessed that I wanted to be a singer to Aurora yet. It almost doesn’t feel right visiting her without Aurora, but it’s not like Katie is dying. She’ll be fine, and after the tour is over maybe I can grab Aurora to come say ‘hi’.

If I could pry her away from looking for mom for five seconds, anyway.

I take a deep breath, and push my finger into the doorbell. Hopefully I’m not early, or late. Our plane got in on time, but Nikki can be so terribly distracting. I would almost feel bad that I don’t think of the other band members as much, but not being as close as we were back when Nina was dancing us around on her strings isn’t the worst thing ever. We still love to jam together, and they all look to me for leadership.

While I wait for the door to open my fingers find their way to the star hanging from my navel. It’s enough to keep my fingers busy.

There’s so much to talk about. Katie’s a heroine too. She’s probably had a million and one romances we can talk about. Do I tell her about Aurora? Sarah never would have told Lacie, and Lacie wouldn’t have told Katie anyway, but . . .

No, best to keep that one inside the immediate family. At least... at first.

The door opens just a moment later. She parts her lips to speak, stopping with a blink as her lips seal. It’s been forever since we’ve seen each other, a thought we must both have shared a million times today alone. Being nervous, uncertain, confused, anything would be perfectly understandable.

I just smile and wait for her to say something. It’s not like I’m in any kind of rush. She’s the hostess. If she wants to taker a moment to drink in my presence I’m hardly going to mind. I sneak a quick glance over her as she collects herself, admiring a body that very much belongs tightly wrapped in a four-color costume.

A furious blush rises over Katie’s face as she steps back from the door. I can only imagine what’s going through her mind. It’s been so long since we last met. Things have changed, a lot. I take the chance to let my eyes take a quick scan of her body, managing not to grin. She’s gorgeous. One day she’s going to be the kind of famous heroine that women scream for if she isn’t already.

“Nebby! You’re here! Oh my gosh . . . Please, come in! Come in! Sorry about spacing out like that . . . um . . . It’s just . . . you look so . . . wow.” Maybe it hasn’t been that long since she’s seen me. I know that look. It’s the look some of my fans get when the only times they’ve seen me are on posters and television.

My lips curl into a smile all on their own. It’s probably the same grin I find myself having whenever I wrap my fingers around a mic. I love the way this grin feels. “Katie, you’re . . . Well . . . wow! You’ve grown up. Obviously. And . . . thanks! I probably should have dressed in something more casual, but somehow wearing the star to meet you felt fitting. It’s been way too long!” I casually step in only a step before wrapping my arms around Katie to pull her into a tight embrace.

Katie sighs in my arms, and nestles closer. Something about holding her feels like holding Aurora. There’s even something entirely too familiar about the moistness making her eyes shine like the ocean at sunset. I’m not freakishly tall, but I don’t often get to hold a girl close and have her look up into my eyes. That’s probably all it is.

She pulls away, and motions over to the couch. “Make yourself comfy, ‘cuz’. Would you like something to drink? Or eat? Are you hungry yet? We can order anytime . . . I called Lorenzo earlier to let him know our order would be coming soon . . .”

“Ooooh! You actually know them that well? That’s gotta be awesome. Never had that kind of thing back in Midas, and I travel too much now. Being on something that isn’t moving or surrounded with speakers almost feels awkward. Especially since I’m not singing . . .” I pause, and smile a little brighter. I’m doing it again. I need to stop being so self centered. You’d think I didn’t learn anything from this tour besides the fact that Japan is a very expensive place to visit.

Here she is obviously worrying about something, and I’m just rambling. “You can order whenever, I mostly just wanna catch up, ‘cuz.’.” I giggle, and roll my eyes. Definitely cute and silly in the same way as a certain little metal girl I left back in Midas. Reuniting them would probably be downright frighteningly adorable. I let my eyes wander again as I ponder the thought, and plop down on Katie’s couch. “A drink wouldn’t be a bad idea either, but don’t worry about doting on me. Relax. You’ve really . . . just wow. So, how many boys are you currently seeing? Or girls?”

I try not to presume every pretty girl I meet is into women.

It doesn’t mean I don’t, but I try.

Katie’s cheeks turn an even deeper shade of red than before. Damn. Guess I was a little blunt with that one, huh? If she’s anything like she was when she was a kid, Katie is probably entirely too socially awkward to have all of that sort of thing figured out. Then again, if Aurora hadn’t grown up with Sarah and Valerie setting an example, and with me right there, I can’t see her doing too much better.

“Um, well... none at the moment. Neither boys nor . . . girls.” She pauses just long enough. I do a terrible job of trying not to grin more. We are cousins. There’s something more behind her eyes than just feeling uncomfortable with her sexuality though. What it is, I couldn’t say. I wish I knew.

She hands me a small menu, but still doesn’t sit down. Hiding things is not second nature to Katie. She keeps looking away from me then forcing herself to look back. Its cute, but a little worrying. “Check and see if you find anything you want. And, um . . .OH! Happy Belated Birthday! You’re twenty-one now, right? Would you like soda to drink, or . . . um . . .? Something harder?” She grins, but its still an embarrassed grin. “Sorry. I’ve never actually . . . entertained before.”

Before I can respond, Katie is already moving towards the kitchen. She’s entirely too eager to please. If she fell for the wrong person they’d take such horrible advantages of that.

“You. Sit. Now.” I pat the couch, setting my face to the most stern expression I have. It’s hard when most of the time you’re care free and fairly uninhibited. “I’m actually only . . . crap am I really twenty-one now? Still, prefer soda, but . . . you . . .” I squeeze the menu in my hand, flipping it open, before setting it down on her coffee table. “You need to tell me why you got a little sad when I mentioned boys. By your pregnant pause, I’m guessing it had to do with a girl. We can worry about food and you being a good little hostess later, but for now . . . girl talk, because my little cousin seems like she’s having hard times.”

Katie sighs heavily once she emerges from the kitchen. She hands me an Orange Crush, then sits beside me. “Wow . . . You’re reading my mind, and you haven’t even misted me yet.” She shakes her head. “Okay . . . well . . . um . . . gosh . . . I don’t even know how to say this. It’s . . .”

She pauses, staring down at her clenched hands, staying silent entirely too long.

“. . . My BFF. Jessica Dumont. We’ve known each other since Kindergarten.” Admittedly, I’d imagined something different. At least my guess that she leaned a little my way wasn’t off at all. “We’re as close as sisters. Or . . . we used to be. She . . . we’ve always told each other everything, Nebby . . . She knows my secret identity as Luminaire. She’s my best friend in the whole world. I’ve always thought of her that way . . . but she . . .”

Katie’s eyes are filled with tears. I don’t want to interrupt her yet, but as soon as it won’t make her stop talking she is getting the tightest hug of her life. “It was just after that whole thing in Miami a few weeks ago. Don’t know if you’ve heard about it . . . Wasn’t in any of the papers . . . We were . . . captured . . . had our minds messed with . . . this sick twisted woman, she . . . she made us . . . into her pets. And . . . we served as her sex toys . . . her . . . and each other . . .” The tears are flowing down her cheeks, faster and faster, but I know how this kind of trauma works. She has to let it all out, or I’ll just be interrupting her. “After it was over . . . I dunno. . . I knew what happened, that it wasn’t our fault, but she kept avoiding me, and, and I tried to talk to her about it, and . . . she pulled me aside and kissed me . . . and I kissed her back . . . but . . . I couldn’t say anything . . . and . . . oh God, I didn’t know what to say!”

That’s my cue. I quickly wrap my arms around Katie tight as I can without hurting her. Her body is so soft and warm that I feel a little guilty for enjoying it beyond a chance to play the heroine for her. My cousin really has grown up. I shake my head to try clearing out the thoughts I really don’t need to be having right now, and slide my fingers through her hair. I let out a little of my sparkling mist, just enough to soothe and form that emotional bond.

Through it, I focus on my feelings of warmth, of affection, of protectiveness, hoping that’s enough to hide the guilty undercurrent. I want to help her feel close, and safe, and I’m just no good at doing it without a little magic.

“Shhh . . . It’s okay . . . it . . . it’s a big deal to share a secret identity. Mine doesn’t mean much, isn’t secret, but yours . . . and . . . having a woman messing with your mind like that it . . . it . . . well . . . Maybe I can help you two patch things up . . .? It’s obvious you two care a lot about each other . . .”

Katie sighs, in the softest, sweetest way. Her secret identity’s name fits. She’s like a little ball of warmth and light. If she ever met Aurora again I think I’d die from pure adorable overload. I can feel her calm a little, and . .. something else I can’t quite place. I wish I was better with my powers. “It’s . . . Not just that. Oh, Nebby . . . I hurt her so badly when I froze up . . . She’s felt that way about me probably since we started having those kinds of feelings . . . and I never knew! Never had a damned clue.” She laughs, the most bitter, wince inducing laugh I’ve heard since Aurora. “When I think back on it now, it seems so obvious . . . She’d dropped so many hints . . . Things I’d just dismissed as being her normal flirty self . . . and worst of all, I don’t know how I feel about her.“

What a nasty situation to be in. It’s something I’ve never felt. Sure, I’ve had a bit more romance since I first hit New York, but Aurora and I got together pretty young. It just fell together on it’s own, naturally. We always loved each other, knowing somehow that it was more than we were supposed to. I still remember our first kiss. I think we were... what, ten? Twelve?

It feels so awkward being the emotionally mature one, or the one who has to act emotionally strong. I’ve done it for my sister, but Nikki never needs that from me. I think if she had emotional problems she’d just kick their asses. I sigh and pull Katie closer.

Taking a risk, I stop chewing on my lip and actually say something. “Well . . . if she loves you, she’ll forgive you, and . . . It’s worth not giving up yet, you know . . . but . . . if it makes you feel any better . . . I can tell you about my own love life problems . . . but . . . no, I think focusing on you . . .” Damn it. I am no good at this. I melt my lips against Katie’s forehead, letting a little more mist through to her.

Sarah and Valerie both used to use their powers like that whenever I was feeling down. It can’t possibly convey the same deep emotional meaning it does to me, but it’s all I have. “Well . . . You’re young. We’re all young. We don’t need to know how we feel about anyone, right . . .? Just . . . don’t take her too lightly, and . . . later on, I’m going to try to get the two of you hooked back up again, if that’s what you want. Some Italian food, and a love song by Sylvia. Come on, it can’t fail . . .”

“No, you don’t understand. I . . . I love her, Sylvie . . . I’ve been miserable ever since she stopped hanging around with me! And . . . I don’t know what to think about that. I mean . . . I didn’t think about her that way before Miami . . . so, is what I’m feeling for her . . . is it just some leftover residue of all the crap Madrigal put in my head? And if so, will it wear off, or will I always feel this way towards her?” Her hands clench into fists, and I squeeze her a little tighter. “It is so . . . frustrating . . . not knowing! Is what I feel real, or just left over brainwashing? I have to know before I go any further . . . because if I pursue a relationship with her and one day my love for her just . . . fades . . .” She sniffles, and it wrenches my heart. “I can’t, Sylvie. I can’t hurt her that way! I’d... never forgive myself...“

The poor thing has already been through so much. My own . . . fun . . . with Nina Corvi is public knowledge, and that isn’t the last time my mind has been used. People only know bits and pieces about Lys and her Brighter Future project. She has to know enough to know there was mind control involved, but . . . This is my cousin. Looking at her, she’s gorgeous, full of power that probably makes my own look pitiful, but she’s still . . . a normal girl.

She’s had a taste of being normal that I’ve never had. My hair turned silver and purple quick enough, and my brown eyes changed, too. I knew it was going to happen. Her parents aren’t exactly normal either, but they get to keep the illusion of having normal lives. That bitch stole it from her. I kiss her forehead again, and try to muster up the softest voice I can.

“Mind control is . . . hard to be sure about what’s you, and what’s not . . . It can . . . be really hard. I can try to . . . well . . . find out for you? But . . . it’d be more mind control. You’d be vulnerable to someone else, and so soon . . . Have you seen a deprogrammer . . .? I coulda sworn Sarah mentioned your mom is friends with one, or was, years ago . . . I can’t remember her name. Have you asked her . . .? I mean, I’d help, I just . . . seeing you like this hurts. A lot . . . Not in a ‘stop!’ way, in a . . . I’d break her face if I could sort of way . . .”

Katie nods, and at least sort of manages to smile. “Thanks . . . and, um, Aunt Eva? Yeah . . . She’s a psychic. She . . . helped me, and the other girls after the incident . . . cleared away most of the junk . . . but, apparently I was something of a . . . “hard case” for Madame Madrigal, so she used a lot of reinforcement and other things to keep me under her control . . . and it well . . . she said fixing the other girls’ minds was like pulling weeds, and fixing mine was like uprooting a tree . . .”

I wince. A tree. That sounds . . . entirely too familiar. But, I don’t interrupt. I kiss her forehead again, and listen.

“Not that I’d want you to go to the trouble of going after her . . . Jimmy already offered to break more than her face if he ever crosses paths with her.” Katie leans a little closer, and I try to smile. “I’m sorry to go to pieces like this on you . . . I’m sure you didn’t come all this way to sit and hold your weepy little girl cousin and dry her tears . . .”

“Well . . . My mom’s old deprogrammer friend, Mystic, she said Sarah had a tree in her head once . . . If it was Chronos-level bad . . . yikes. That . . .” I bite my lip a little harder, and squeeze Katie maybe a bit too tight, but I want to show her how much I want to protect her. I don’t know how else to do that. “I came here to see you, if you need me, then you need me . . . I mean . . . I’ve never had that problem, I . . . Well . . . you were honest with me. Uhm . . . Obviously, I won’t tell anyone what happened with you . . .but well . . .”

The moment of truth. I’ve never told anyone outside of family about Aurora. Nikki and the band are family. You go through something like Corvi together and you get called family. Period. I don’t know how Katie will react, but there’s only one way that I can find out. I need to just say it.

“You know how . . . Nikki, my guitarist and I are uhm . . . dating . . .? That’s . . . not entirely . . . She’s not the only woman in my life. And . . . the other . . . I used my powers on her to try to get her to not mind when I ran to New York, and . . . things almost ended for us really poorly, but . . . we turned it around. But . . . I mean . . . I would go into your head, to look, I just . . . I don’t wanna hurt you. You’re Katie. My little cousin. Though . . . you’re hardly little, in about any sense of the word . . .” Well, THAT was great, being honest without saying anything. I feel completely worse now.

Katie smiles more. Damn it. I’m sounding shy. Aren’t I supposed to be the brave one right now . . .? “I don’t mind, Nebby. I trust you. Completely.” She sits up, and looks right into my eyes. It’s disarming how well she can pick herself up. She keeps pinging shades of my ’Rora . . . “I think . . . maybe you have something inside of you as well . . . a hurt that you’re keeping hidden. I don’t have any kind of mental powers or anything,” she pauses her words temporarily to create a small globe of light, making it dance from fingertip to fingertip, “but if you need to unload . . . well . . . turn about is fair play. Besides,” She manages a wry twist of her lips that looks entirely too cute. “You can trust me. I wouldn’t even mind if you misted me over a little, if you needed to . . .”

I take a deep breath. I need to tell her. She’s being entirely too wonderful, especially considering that she’s the one really hurting right now. “It’s . . . the hurt is mostly fixed up, that’s not really a problem. It’s more . . . Well . . . that girl that I left behind in Midas . . .? She was Aurora. I mean . . . we’re fixed up now . . . getting along . . . but . . . it was close . . .” There. I’ve finally said it. My greatest secret. My sister is my lover. My relationship with Nikki is by no means a lie, but we’re . . . different? I watch her little ball of light, and smile. It’s nice to see someone else act so casual about their powers. Carefully I reach out with my mist, and let it dance through that light with a weak, half worried smile. “It’s more . . . a little . . . awkward to say . . .”

Katie sighs in a soft dreamy way, nodding as her eyelids droop to half mast. Maybe I’ve been pouring in a little more of my power than I intended. I really wasn’t trying to melt her. “It was . . . ’Rora? Mmm . . . Guess Jimmy was . . . right . . . Mmm . . . but, doesn’t matter . . . to me . . . at least with you two . . . mmm you knew what you felt . . . was real . . .“

My cousin is entirely too . . . perfect? That doesn’t seem the right word, but all she needs is some armor and she just resonates knightly to me. Sure, she needs someone to hold her when she’s down, but everyone does. It’s not hard for me to see what Jessica sees in her.

She sighs, melting a little closer. “Oohh . . . tingly . . . feels nice . . . Mmmm . . . Nebby? Can you . . . more, please? It feels good . . . not to worry . . . not to have to think . . . for just a little while? Okay? Please?”

Katie even has the same adorable ways to ask for a little melting as my aptly named dawn. But . . . wait, what? “I . . . Jimmy guessed . . .?” I can feel my cheeks burn as a flush rises over them. I know we’ve always been close, always too close, but we’re sisters. We’d both lost a mom, forged a bond through it, been each other’s other left and right hand but . . . someone knowing?

I twine my fingers with Katie’s, and force more of my mist into her, this time not quite so delicately. “Sure . . . I’ll try to resist taking advantage of you and doing sordid things . . . though . . .I can see why that woman would want you for her harem. You’re gorgeous, sweet . . . but don’t worry about that, just . . . rest against me, I’ll help you relax . . .”

Katie mewls, and relaxes against me so completely. With so much power inside of her, I can feel her letting go of the normal barriers of thought we all draw around ourselves. She’s just letting her thoughts and feelings flow free-form, and . . . wow. A wave of attraction and awe melts over me, tugging me closer. I can feel in her mind, in her thoughts, that she’d noticed women before admitting it to herself, but only some had ever dipped deep into her fantasies. She’d never admit it, but . . . Aurora and I have been fantasies more times than she can count.

“Oh . . . my . . .” I squirm, and press my thighs together tighter as I squeeze Katie’s hand. My fingers trace along the back of her hand, tracing more of my power down along her arm. She must be able to feel the attraction is mutual. She hasn’t been a recurring fantasy, but . . . “Katie . . . you . . . really had those thoughts . . . about me . . .? You’re adorable, sexy, I . . . I’m flattered . . .”

It would be so easy to indulge these fantasies, these desires. My cheeks burn hotter as I slide fingers along Katie’s cheek, looking to her eyes with a mixture of arousal, confusion, and worry. “I would take you in a minute, but . . . what about your Jess . . .? I mean . . . Aurora wouldn’t be upset, but . . .”

Katie grins drunkenly, giggling in such a carefree way. I can taste her thoughts, her feelings, so intensely. She’s more than a little embarrassed about my knowing about her sexual fantasies.. but also glad that I know something she could have never said aloud... she’s surprised that I think she’s sexy, even if she believes it. She can feel my truth as clearly as I can feel hers. Ohhhh... Nebby . . . She won’t take me . . . because she cares about my feelings for Jessie . . . Mmmm Jessica . . . Don’t want to hurt her . . . but . . . so lonely . . . she won’t reach out to me . . . just keeps pushing me away . . .

I can feel her struggling, but it’s not against me. It’s against what she wants. It’s . . . invigorating to feel this much want and need. Her eyes flutter open, gazing deeply into mine. “I need this . . . Nebby . . . Please? No regrets . . . I promise . . . but . . . please?”

“Only if you promise to let me play matchmaker . . . and try to get you two talking. I don’t think your feelings for her are . . . in any way . . . Artificial.” I can’t be sure. I’m a mind reader, but I’m not a psychic. They’re different. I just get thoughts, and feelings. Unless I dive deeper, and that . . . I don’t want to invade Katie like that. It is an odd thought, to fuck my cousin with the condition of getting her together with her childhood sweetheart . . . but . . . all the same, I want it too. I slide my hand down along her cheek, along her neck, resting it finally over her chest as I spread more of my mist through her. I focus a little less on being soothing, and a little more on being . . . stimulating. “Anything for you, Katie . . . Mmm . . . I don’t think I’ll have any regrets either . . . Sorry sis isn’t here, you’ll have to make due with just me . . .”

Katie’s reply half fades into a moan as she melts more, all but limp in my arms. Her eyes flutter, and her skin flushes a soft pink with the arousal I can feel rushing through her in waves. Her fingers shake, reaching out for me, but her muscles are too melted to work. I can feel she wants to touch me, to taste me, to feel me, but all she can do is savor my own touches.

Mmm if I was in a teasing mood, I would do more than just shudder at those sensations. Is there a wild side locked away inside of her . . .? She struck me as the soft, gentle type before, but those often have such hidden needs, and I am so happy to indulge her. I reach down, and pull off my infamous star-cleavage top to reveal my silver-and-violet nipples. The moment my top hits the floor I ease Katie back into the couch and straddle her hips. “Here . . . Let me help you touch. Only fair, since I made it so you can barley move . . . Mmm . . . Soft hands . . . I’ll bet you’re soft everywhere . . .”

Finally, I grasp her hands, and use them to slowly knead my own breasts, eyes fluttering from the pleasure as I melt more of my nebula out from my hands, and the rest of my body. I’ve never felt so much pleasure from trying to make someone feel better.

“Mmm . . . yeah . . . Soft . . . for you, Nebby . . .” Katie coos gently, her thighs shifting and clenching under me, so eager and desperate for more. “Wanna . . . wanna make . . . You feel this good . . . Mmmm . . .” I can feel a burst of delight inside of her as light forms in her hands, warm, soothing. I arch into it hard, as the light in her hands reshapes into a pair of small orbs, vibrating with heat and warmth right against my nipples.

I cry out as the vibration only gets better. I never got a chance to ask her about her powers. “Goddess! You . . . Mmmm . . . I was going to ask how . . . mmmm your powers manifested! We never really got to . . . experiment.” I grind my hips down into hers, pushing her back into the couch more as I squeeze her hands against me. “You know we would have done this so much sooner . . . If I lived any closer . . . Mmmm I’m a very naughty woman . . .”

This isn’t the first time I’ve felt powers used to give pleasure. Vibrations, pulses like this, that’s entirely . . . new. I’ve never felt my nipples get so stiff so fast. Aurora’s metal lips sparking silver is so different, somehow more subtle than this. Thinking of Aurora being sexual as subtle is . . . a new thought.

“Here . . . let me . . . Mmmm . . . You’ll like this.” I melt my lips into my cousin’s forehead anew, slowly kissing down until I reach her lips. As soon as they touch I press them harder, coursing my energy hard through her lips, controlled, directed, focused on a single thought, a single sensation—pleasure, pure, euphoric, pleasure. It almost feels slick as it drips from me to her, feeling it sizzle its way to Katie’s spine, to cause that pleasure every place on her body with just a kiss.

Katie stiffens, her lips twisting between trying to cry and trying to press more into my lips for more of my silver, more of my violet. Her fingers suddenly clench, likely helped by the silver flowing through her, twisting my nipples hard as those light pulses grow faster and faster. I can taste the vibrations and her heart beat, and they’re so exquisitely identical.

Silver and purple melt through the air, hair flying as my neck arches, head thrown back in pleasure as the kiss breaks. “Mmm I feel so good doing this with you . . . Sharing this with you . . . Katie . . .” I don’t need to say this—not with this much power flowing between us. The words have been screamed every moment we’ve been linked. Still, she deserves to hear this. She needs to hear someone feels this way. My hips rock against her a little harder, as I clumsily reach down to tug up my cousin’s top to grasp at her chest with nebula soaked fingers. “Definitely . . . special . . .“

Sighing in bliss, Katie arches her back once more and presses her own breasts more into my hands. Her mind is full of pleasure, of bliss, even if there is still longing, it is not so . . . desperate. She moans as she slides her hands down to grasp at mine, lips mashing to mine for what feels like an eternity before pulling back to speak. “Do you trust me, Nebby?”

“Yes. I trust you, Katie . . . I trust you . . .” Nebby . . . Katie is one of the few people in the world who calls me that meaning my childhood nickname. It makes me feel . . . good. It almost feels wrong, but in the same taboo way that makes it feel good, and does nothing to slow down my fondling hands at her breasts or my thumbs teasing the firm nubs of her nipples. “Mmmm why do you ask?”

She smirks slightly, before releasing my hands. Her mind definitely feels like it’s recovered pretty quick. Then again, my powers are based on what I’m thinking aren’t they? She wanted a bit of mindless bliss. She got it. Now, I want my cousin more than a mindless doll – even if she was a very sexy mindless doll. “I want you to close your eyes . . . just for a moment. There’s something that I’ve . . . always wanted to try . . . but, um, never had the opportunity. I think we’ll both enjoy it. Please?”

How can I refuse? I grin, and close my eyes with a tight squeeze of my cousin’s delightful breasts. “Mmm . . . Kay, Katie . . . I’m game to indulge you a little . . .” My mind races with what she could have planned. I can’t be sure, but all of the possibilities make me tremble.

An undercurrent of sorrow flickers through the link. She can feel how deep my trust goes. I trust her with my life, with my mind, with . . . everything. She’s family. Obviously I’m not going to run off with her and forget about Sarah, or Aurora, but . . . she’s almost like a sister that I haven’t gotten to talk to much. I can feel her power flicker, and then in a flash of light that I can see even with my eyes closed, we’re surrounded.

A careful cocoon of light, precisely shaped, wraps its way around us. What little clothing we’re still wearing burns away in a quick flash before pulling us tighter, closer. It’s so warm, warm everywhere, warmer than just our bodies grinding tight. There’s another flash, and what before felt like hot light becomes . . . solid. We’re tied together tighter than anything I’ve ever felt before.

“Oh!” I scream in delight. Bondage from pure light, from energy . . . I groan, and squeeze her breasts in my hands again. I would squeeze her into a hug, but I can’t move my arms enough. I just want to feel her more, to keep feeling her closer. I squirm in the hold, shuddering just enough to feel her body against mine that much more. It’s . . . thrilling to say the least.

“You can . . . um . . . open your eyes now.” Katie licking her lips is the first sight I’m granted as my eyes flutter open. She looks suddenly shy. It makes me want to bite her neck and remind her what we just did. “I’ll release us . . . if you want . . . but, um . . . I kinda like the feeling of being . . . restrained . . . and my Light is way more comfortable than the softest silk ropes . . .” She blushes in a way that screams just how much she knows about silk ropes. Mmm. I’ll keep that in mind. “And um, I’ll reimburse you for the clothes, too . . . I hope that top wasn’t your favorite, or anything . . . Guess I should have asked before hand.”

“That top . . . Is actually a favorite. But you were a little fuzzy when I took it off, so I’ll forgive you for forgetting I threw that . . . over there. The skirt? Nothing too special . . . My panties? I think I might just take a pair of yours as payment!” I kiss Katie again, softly, and then harder, fluttering my eyes half shut as I nuzzle her kiss. “I . . . Like the way this feels. You’re warm, this is soft . . . Mmm . . . can barely move, but . . . I like it too . . . Feeling a little better, Katiecat . . .?“

It’s a silly nickname. I’ve only called her that once or twice, and it was years ago. Aurora thought the name Katie was adorable, so close to kitten, and it had the word ‘cat’ misspelled in it. Aurora was always entirely too fond of puns.

I blame Sarah.

“Mmmmm . . . Yes, Mistress, much better . . .” Katie murmurs softly under her breath. Her voice sounds entirely too deep in the bliss of our mutual closeness to realize what she actually said. I don’t know what spurred that on, but I’m betting it had something to do with that Madrigal woman she met in Miami. She said so much was plucked from her head, but . . . when she said ‘Mistress’, there was a little surge of almost impossible to notice bliss. If she enjoys being a pet, or if something is left over . . . Regardless, she enjoys calling other women ‘Mistress’ . I hope Jessica is a domme at heart.

I wont lie. Hearing her call me ‘Mistress’ made me clench a little. I still bite my lip and worry, but I won’t say it didn’t feel good. But . . . “Never much enjoyed being called Mistress . . . but . . . if you enjoy saying it . . .” I kiss her again, before sighing and nuzzling into her neck to cover it with kisses. “You’re gorgeous . . . and . . . delightfully imaginative. Never felt a power like this . . . you have any other . . . secrets . . .?”

Katie blinks, and then frowns, blushing fiercely. “Um . . . did I really say ‘Mistress’ out loud? Sorry . . . I, um . . . remember the whole thing in Miami? The woman that turned us into her . . . pets? Well, she wasn’t exactly the most imaginative when it came to naming us . . . Needless to say, I um . . . Seem to react a little strongly to little reminders of . . . um . . . being a kitty cat.” She blushes more, and I squeeze her – what I can of her anyway – a little in support. “And, um, if you like, I can call you ‘Ma’am’. I’m not looking to be dominated, Nebby . . . but I don’t mind you . . . taking control. I said it before, I trust you.”

Now that, is a lie. She might not know it consciously, but there is a very powerful submissive need bubbling right under her surface. I don’t want to say that now when she’s feeling fragile, and thankfully I’ve learned how to censor my thoughts in a link or she’d know anyway.

Aurora never pinged that before, but she wasn’t comfortable enough with herself. She still thought that it was just devotion and love. The idea of a knight kneeling to her princess was a fantasy Aurora shared with me on one night of memorably lovely cuddling. It’s amazing how kinky iconic images can be if you understand more about how the world works. A knight submits to her lady’s every command. She is her sword, her shield, her cry for justice. Makes me tingle just thinking about it for all of the wrong reasons.

But now is hardly the time to be telling Katie things like this. She needs to discover it for herself. If I reveal this to her now . . . I don’t think she’d take it well as she could.

At least she smiles. It’s a beautiful smile, too. “I don’t know if I have any secrets . . . I’m pretty much an open book . . . anything you wanna know, feel free to ask.”

While I might not be able to give her the epiphany she isn’t ready for, I can still support her. It feels silly to even think that, being that my hands are trapped supporting her breasts. “Don’t feel bad about what she did to you, Katie. If you do, and you let it get to you . . . they win. You’re better than her . . .” I try to caress her breast the same way I would caress her cheek, giggling entirely too happily. “Sorry, I just remembered Aurora calling you ‘Katiecat’, and being so . . . incredibly proud of the idea . . . You know her, entirely too proud of her terrible jokes, but . . . nah. No ma’ams, no mistresses . . . If you wanna call me anything besides Nebby, Sylvia works for me.”

I pause, before letting my face twist into an entirely too delighted grin. “So it did cheer you up! I was worried I was being selfish . . . Anything else you need to share . . .? I mean . . . I can’t think of anything to ask, but . . . I get the feeling you don’t have someone like me around. Not that anyone is like me. Hmm. I’ve ruined you for Jess, alas!”

Katie laughs, and slides a finger entirely too deftly along my inner thigh. “Well, maybe not ruined per se . . . but I am definitely looking forward to comparing her to you in the future. She wants to meet you, by the way . . . She’s ALMOST as big a Symphonic Nebula fan as I am! Oh, and she’s gorgeous, too. . . You’ll love her. Maybe sometime soon, we can all arrange a little ‘get-to-know one-another-better’ session . . . with Aurora as well.” She leans forward, kissing me deeply in a way that I hope never ends. When it does, I only pout a little. “You, my sweet, darling, dearheart cousin, did more than cheer me up. God . . . I can’t even begin to express how good I feel right now . . . Well, um, you know, besides doing that high pitched little keening thing you made me do earlier . . .

“Seriously, though, I’ve had all that bottled up inside me for awhile now. I used to talk about stuff like that with Jess . . . but now that she’s the thing I wanna talk about . . .” She half-shrugs. “And Jimmy? I know, I know . . . if you can’t talk about these kinds of things with your own twin, who can you talk to? In my case . . . no one. I haven’t seen or heard from Jimmy in awhile now . . . more than a week.”

“Wow . . . You and Jimmy were . . . Well . . . I guess I should just be glad you and Jimmy aren’t as close as Aurora and I are . . . Then I’d need to feel bad about coming between you.” To accent the point, Katie’s finger moves in a little more making me shudder entirely too hard. “Mmm. Damn. That was a pun I didn’t intend . . . and . . . I’d be happy to ‘meet’ this Jess of yours . . . get you two backstage, introduce you to the rest of the band . . . Nikki will probably want to meet the two of you . . . We are together, by the way. In a very open relationship. I’m sort of insatiable, and have many girls jumping at me every which way, then there’s my sister . . . Which . . . Thank you, a lot, for not making a big deal about . . .”

I smile, and kiss Katie again with a soft little sigh. “Still. Jimmy’ll come around, and Jess will, too. I really think what you have is real . . . Mmm, would you blame me if I really wanted to cuddle all bound up like this for awhile? Since we have the place all to us . . . Damn. I am such a bad influence.”

She laughs again, pressing as much against me as the bindings will let her. Damn it feels good to cuddle in bondage. “You can have anything you want. Mi casa, su casa.” I’ve never heard any girl besides Aurora and Nikki sigh in such contentment. “You know, Nebby . . . It probably sounds strange to hear this coming from your own cousin . . . but I’m glad that you and ’Rora have each other.

“Jimmy . . . he was always the smart one, the observant one. He knew that you and Aurora were meant to be together . . . one of his legendary ‘hunches’. Remember the last time we’d visited you guys in Midas? We were what . . . eight? Nine? We were heading out to the airport, and I remember making the comment to him that I wished he and I would always be as close as you two were. He laughed, shook his head saying we could never be as close as you two were, that mom and dad would kill us. I hadn’t understood what he meant back then, but he’d just shook his head and said ‘you’ll understand one day when you’re older . . . when you and Sylvia get the chance to talk in private.“

I don’t think my cheeks have ever burned this hot in my life. At least when I blush it’s an interesting silverish-purple. “Then . . . Mmm . . . hm. You, the Katie-Pillow.” I sigh, and nuzzle into Katie’s shoulder. “No, not at all . . . It’s comforting to hear you say that. I don’t know, sometimes I wonder if we shouldn’t call each other cousins, or half sisters, we don’t . . . really have the same mom, but we do, and we’re sisters . . . and . . . I think I can think of you as a distant third, in a way.” I press my lips to Katie’s neck, whispering quietly with them there. “Almost tempted to suggest a nap like this. You’re entirely too comfortable.”

“I was just about to say the same thing about you,” Katie replies, and nibbles my neck just enough to make me moan. “Mmmm... not sure about the ‘distant’ part, but... I’ve always wanted to have a ‘sister’ . . . Not dissing Jimmy or anything! It’s just . . . I always envied the closeness between you two . . . You always seemed more like twins than we ever did, even back in the good ol’ days.”

She giggles, and I kiss her neck again.

“Nebby... Did you know your mom used to have a major crush on my mom . . .? Did you ever know the feeling was mutual? Imagine that, we could have very easily been sisters . . .” She cooed softly, snuggling. “Although, in a way, we still kinda are... your mom’s magic is what helped Jimmy and I be born... so... in a way, Sarah is our mom too.“

I grin, and nibble a little back. “Hard not to have a crush on your mom, to be honest. Almost too bad she’s busy.” My grin grows, and I nibble harder. “Really too bad . . . That could be fun. And . . . I understand. It’s kinda too bad we couldn’t just be one big family, really . . . but Midas was really special to Sarah, and you guys are really . . . well . . . you’re a part of this place. It’s a part of you.”

With a sigh I nuzzle and squirm against Katie a little more, mewling and purring with every movement. “Who knows what the future will bring . . . If we can find Sarah . . . mmm we never really got to talk about Aurora . . . or much . . . but it’s nice to imagine that we could all just . . . be close like this, held nice and tight. A girl can dream, huh . . .?”

“Dream, fantasize about, and work oneself into a fever pitch at the thought of, you mean?” Katie’s grin is entirely too audible. She’s been listening to too many of my CDs. “You know, you are actually pretty mobile these days, being on tour and all. I’m . . . well . . . not very likely that the folks will let me out of the city, let alone the state, anytime soon after the whole Miami fiasco. . . but, well . . . I’m probably going to follow in Mom and Aunt Sarah’s footsteps and move out to find a city of my own to protect. Some time soon.”

Hearing her sound this positive is infectious. I kiss her neck a little more, sighing at how right this feels. My family might be strange, but we act like family.

We do whatever we can for the ones we love. It even pays off.

“Fever pitch. Perfect way to describe it. Well, I am pretty mobile . . . but I guess I technically live in New York . . .? That’s where my stuff is . . . but Aurora moved back to Midas – she was in California for awhile. She’s staying in Midas, looking for Sarah, and I think she’ll stay even after we find her . . . You know . . . Aurora has herself busy with looking for Mom, and looking after Midas . . . You should stop by sometime . . . Your family might let you go there, and she could use the support. But . . . I’ll see what I can do to make River City more exciting. I’ll put on the best show I can, just for you . . . and . . . Mmmm I was going to say something about keeping you close, but . . . You’re distracting. Very distracting. I vote . . . we get a nap, a shower . . . and order food. For Jess, too. Then, I’ll give her a call, and invite her over here for you. Think she’ll come over if I’m the one calling?”

Katie purrs adorably, nuzzling up a little closer. “If she knew it was you, she’d break the land speed record getting over here. Okay. Vote is unanimous. Nap . . . then shower . . . or maybe another round of ‘fun’, then the shower, then food . . .” She sighs, shifting a little as the light around us changes to feel a little softer, a little more relaxing. “Mmmm can you give me a bit more mist? Always . . . wanted to drift off to sleep . . . pulsed with light . . . and covered in your mist . . . Mmmm . . . yummy . . .”

“For you, Katie . . . Mmm . . . Without a doubt.” I mewl as I melt my lips again into her neck, letting my nebula start to flow from the curves of my body to right along Katie’s. “And besides . . . The shower is a perfect place for fun. Silly Katie . . . There’s sooo much I have to show you. Mmm . . . But just rest for now, we have plenty of time.”