The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Author’s Note: This story is preceded by “Past Perfect Tense”.

“It’s just you and me on my island of hope
A breath between us could be miles
Let me surround you, a sea to your shore
Let me be the calm you seek...”
- Sarah McLachlan, “I Love You”

The strains of the morning radio awoke Daniel. He gripped his head which was still spinning from the little purple pill that Julie had given him. ‘Wow, that thing is potent,’ he thought to himself. He struggled to his feet and went to the computer to start his day.

Daniel checked his e-mail. One new e-mail. He opened it up. It was a fan letter for the first story he ever wrote! He was excited. Daniel almost never received fanmail when he first decided to write his stories and publish them online, but now he was getting a letter a week. It wasn’t much compared to the stars of the Internet fiction community, but it was a start.

He read the words of the letter with happiness, knowing that he’d helped make someone’s day a little brighter. Normally, he deleted fanmail because he didn’t want to develop an ego about himself. But he’d gotten so little... so today, he decided he’d keep the letter.

“See, Danny?” Julie whispered, having snuck up behind him. “You weren’t wasting your time after all.” She then gave him a peck on the cheek and went to make breakfast.

Daniel smiled gently to himself... maybe he really had good luck, after all. The radio was playing Don Henley, and Daniel listened quietly to the song while he waited for one of Julie’s famous omelettes...

I need to remember this
so baby give me just one kiss
And let me take a long last look
Before we say goodbye...
* * *

Daniel’s scar hurt badly today... he tumbled out of bed and took his anti-rejection meds, then felt dizzy and slept some more.

Julie gently shook him some time later. “Hey Danny,” she whispered. “You okay?”

“Yeah,” Daniel whispered. “Just tired...”

“We were supposed to go job hunting today, sweetie,” she said. “But if you’re tired, you can sleep a little more.”

Daniel slowly rose out of bed. “No,” he said. “I can do this.”

Julie couldn’t help but smile at her brother’s strength of will. “I admire your tenacity,” she said with a flair in her voice. “But if you’re not feeling good, you won’t make a good impression with anyone.”

Daniel stretched his body and tried to ignore the pain. But Julie noticed.

“It’s hurting really bad today, isn’t it?” she asked.

Daniel didn’t want to lie to his sister. He nodded.

“I think we’ll put it off for another day,” Julie said. “Here, I’ll get you some pills so you can rest.”

Daniel sighed and nodded again. Julie was right... he could never hope to make a good impression if his body was jousting with pain. He laid back down upon the bed.

He turned the radio on to the local jazz station, and tried to rest...

It’s just another, just another day
As I’m watching the lonely hours slowly slip away
It’s just another, just another day
If only you could hear the words I cannot say...
* * *

Daniel felt a bit of pain. He gently rubbed the bandage around his chest, trying to find where the scar is. He used the pain to help orient himself. When the pain heightened, he knew he was getting closer. He continued to rub as he moved his fingers, searching for the place where it hurts the most, so he would at least know where the pain was coming from...

“Stop that,” Julie’s voice called. “You’re only going to make it worse.”

Julie walked in and sat next to Daniel on the couch. Daniel peeked at Julie’s socked feet and blushed... he wanted to be used to the idea that she preferred going around wearing socks at home because she liked wearing fancy shoes on the outside, but he still felt teased. He was sure, however, that Julie cared for him and wanted the best for him.

“I don’t like the pain,” Daniel said. “I’ll feel better if I know where it’s coming from...”

“No... you won’t,” Julie said while ruffling Daniel’s hair. “You’ll just want to scratch it and that’s dangerous right now. Don’t worry... you can take off those bandages in a week and then I’ll take care of the scars.”

Daniel looked down.

“Now now...” Julie tipped Daniel’s chin. “I want to take care of you. You’re a good friend of mine, and you need me. It doesn’t bother me at all... Okay?”

Daniel didn’t know what to say. Before he met Ms. Hayes, his life was a daily lonely struggle, and a part of him preferred it that way. He didn’t want anyone else involved in the maelstrom that was his life. But since that meeting, and with Ms. Hayes’ support, Daniel’s slowly discovered that his feelings of depression and sadness largely stemmed from his undiagnosed kidney disease. Now, he’s received a transplant and things are looking up. But why did he feel sadder than ever?

“Thank you,” Daniel whispered.

Julie smiled, and then held his hand for a moment. Daniel’s head began to spin. Things looked different for some reason.

“Kiddo, I think maybe you need a nap,” Julie said. “The doctor may not approve, but I’m gonna give you some pills to help you rest. God knows you need it.”

Daniel nodded. “I think maybe you’re right,” he said.

“Okay, then, kiddo,” Julie said. “You shouldn’t sleep in those clothes, so change into something more comfy. I’ll be by later with the pills.”

* * *

The sounds of the ocean filled the guest bedroom from the CD player.

Daniel had changed into his pajamas and taken the pills Julie gave him. The guest bed was very comfortable, with a warm thick blanket and a body pillow to snuggle. Daniel wrapped his arms around it and imagined holding Julie.

He paused.

‘Now why did I think of that?’ he asked himself. As much of a good friend as Julie was, Daniel never imagined sleeping with her. But now, he wished that she were sleeping with him.

He closed his eyes and tried to rest, shutting his mind out for the night. But he kept thinking about Julie and holding Julie. The pillow in his arms all of a sudden felt so real, like a real person.

Danny...

A soft, warm voice in Daniel’s head called his name, but he didn’t worry. He wasn’t afraid. ‘I must be falling asleep,’ he thought to himself, as his thoughts began to drift.

Hold her, Danny... hold her all night long... for tonight is the last night that you will be able to...

Danny’s eyes forced themselves to open when the pillow actually moved in his arms. But as he did, he realized that the pillow had become a woman. A beautiful woman... that he had seen somewhere before.

She turned towards Danny and their eyes met.

“Hello, Gabriel,” she said.

Danny paused for a moment. “Now I know I’m dreaming,” he said to himself.

* * *

Julie came into the guest bedroom and watched Danny sleep, worrying for his safety.

The phone rang, and Julie picked it up. “Hello?”

“Julia... I need to speak to you.”

Julie’s eyes went dim and she sat on a couch, barely holding the receiver in her hand. “Hi, Mommy,” she whispered.

“Julia, how is Daniel? I worry for him so.”

“He’s having problems coping,” she said in a whispy voice. “He’s in a lot of pain...”

“Yes...”

“Mommy,” Julie said and started to sob. “I’m scared he’s going to die.”

“Drift deeper for me, Julia... into my arms.”

“I love him so much,” Julie sighed. “I hate that this happened to him.”

“I hate it too, my treasure... I have put him through unnecessary pain. But you have to hang on for just a little bit longer. I still need to find her... your new sister.”

“Yes, Mommy,” Julie said. Her mind was lost, wrapped up in the memory of the arms of her spiritual mother. “Can i help You?”

“Yes, darling... keep taking care of Danny. He may be harsh and impatient with you... just remember, no matter what, he loves you.”

“I know...” Julie murmured, barely hanging onto the phone. Tears came to her eyes. She wanted to be with Mommy for real.

“You know how it feels to be in pain, Julia. Don’t worry. You will know the right thing to do. I believe in you, and so does he.”

“I hope... i pray... that you find her soon,” Julie whispered, her eyes growing heavy.

“You are tired, Julia. Rest.”

“Can i... can i rest in his arms, Mommy? Please?”

“Not yet, Julia. Not yet. But he’s with you. You know that.”

“Yes...”

“So hang up the phone, and then sleep. I love you so much, My treasure...”

Julie obeyed. She went through her bedtime ritual. Brushed her teeth. Washed her face. Changed into her favorite big T-shirt. And finally, turning the lights down low in her room.

As Julie fell into her bed, her socked feet crossed each other. Memories of Danny flooded her mind. Warm, comfortable memories. She felt warmth between her legs and sighed delicately.

“Mommy,” she whispered, before her spirit drifted into the land of dreams...

* * *

“My name is Selene,” the woman in Danny’s bed said.

“Hello, Selene,” Danny said. “But I think you have me confused for someone else. I’m Danny.”

“Actually, you know yourself as Daniel,” Selene said. “But you are Gabriel. And I have a message for you.”

Danny looked at the woman carefully. She appeared to be Asian, and had long black hair. She wore a black nightgown and leather gloves, and her long legs were bare. For some reason, Danny noticed that her toenails were painted. Black.

“You recognize me, don’t you, Gabriel?” Selene said. “You can’t put your finger on it, but you know me.”

“Well, this is a dream,” Danny said. “Right?”

Selene nodded.

“So it’s possible that you are a manifestation of what my mind thinks the moon goddess Selene looks like. Am I still right?”

“Yes,” Selene said. “Almost there.”

“I guess that makes me Endymion, right?” Danny asked. “The one you put to sleep forever because you were scared of him growing old?”

“No,” Selene said. “You are not Endymion. Endymion was human. You are not human.”

“Okay, then... if I’m not human, what am I?”

There was a solemn pause.

Their eyes met once again, and Selene stared intensely into Danny’s eyes.

“You, Gabriel,” she said, “are a fallen angel. And my job is to send you back home.”

CONTINUED IN “ERAS PARA MI”