The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Zebediah Clark: Restraints Rescinded

by Dazzling Lady & J. Darksong

ch. 4)

Barbara Whittaker took a moment to compose herself before proceeding. She had been playing the part of a helplessly obedient slave to Mistress Patricia for weeks, waiting for her chance at revenge.

Glancing outside the second-story window of the small bedroom her Mistress allowed her to sleep in, Barbara saw Patricia in the huge backyard playing with Zeke, a large mongrel of a dog she had adopted several weeks earlier.

No, that is my yard and my fucking house! Barbara raged silently. Patricia had stolen it from her, along with her freedom and her dignity.

Taking a moment to watch Patricia and Zeke, Barbara couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

Mistress Patricia was an absolute cunt to her slaves, yet she treated that damned dog as if it were her child; It was just one more thing she hated about the woman who had turned her life upside down without a shred of remorse.

That’s all about to change…hopefully, she told herself as she turned away from the window.

The stage for Patricia’s downfall has been set; while she was too powerful for Barbara to take down on her own, not to mention she was under Patricia’s hypnosis, Barbara had a plan to get someone else to do it for her, someone far more powerful than Patricia.

Barb glanced at a large, heavy leather-bound book sitting on the bed.

At first glance, it looked very similar to the copy of The Art of True Hypnotism that Barbara had assisted Patricia in stealing from Patricia’s mentor, Zebebdiah Clark.

This particular book happened to be a very old anatomy textbook that had been sitting in the mansion’s library since before Barbara had owned it.

Patricia had been charged with stealing The Art of True Hypnotism on behalf of her new mentor Mistress Cassandra Hayek, and she was to deliver it upon Cassandra’s return to Boise in a few days.

Barbara planned to make sure that Patricia would fail to give Cassandra the tome in the hope that the notoriously fickle and cruel Cassandra would severely punish Patricia, perhaps transforming her into a toad or dog as she was prone to do to those who drew her ire.

She had to admit her plan was a long shot that depended on a fair amount of luck, but Barbara saw no other way out of her life of servitude.

After their successful theft of the book from Master Zebediah, Patricia had been preoccupied with other matters while she awaited Cassandra’s return.

If Zeb wasn’t so passive and slow to act, he could have crushed Patricia already I might be free now. I suppose that is why Patricia felt comfortable robbing him after all he had done for her…he’s weak, she lamented silently as she continued to watch Patricia playing with her dog.

After Patricia had robbed Zeb, Barb had been hoping he would come down on her like a ton of bricks.

So far, he had not.

Barbara, though still under powerful post-hypnotic suggestions to serve and obey Patricia, had a large amount of autonomy in performing her duties for her owner; Patricia liked her to be aware and frustrated by her situation, unable to do anything but obey. While she was unable to leave the grounds of Patricia’s —her,—estate, she had been able to acquire what she needed for her plan.

Barbara took a deep breath and picked up the book and put it into a shoulder bag along with a feather duster before leaving the room. She made her way to the third-floor study that had also once belonged to Barbara but was now Patricia’s.

As expected, one of Mistress Patricia’s menial slaves standing in front of the study’s door.

Barbara frowned slightly; the man standing guard was at least the tenth man Patricia had recently enslaved; Barbara had honestly lost count. Worse, she couldn’t really tell them apart; all of Mistress Patricia’s male slaves were tall, muscular, handsome, and shaved bald at her command. Aside from their ethnicity, they may as well have been clones. As the man in front of the door regarded her with a quizzical expression, she couldn’t help curling her lip in disdain.

“Move. I’m here to clean the study,” she said brusquely.

The slave regarded her for another few seconds, then stood aside.

Barbara was Patricia’s Thrall, and thus above her hypno-goons and menials in the pecking order.

Thralldom also gave her more responsibilities, and thus she was more likely to receive one of the punishments Patrica loved to dole out.

She really turned into a total power-mad sadistic bitch, Barb thought sourly as she slipped quickly into the study, closing the door behind her.

From what she had discerned, Patricia had been fairly mild-mannered, even boring before becoming a True Hypnotist; she also knew from accompanying Patricia to The Spiral that her Mistress was on the more extreme side when it came to egomaniacal and narcissistic behavior. The power had gone straight to her head, and Barbara was sure that Patricia was headed for a downfall.

A bad one.

I need it to happen faster; serving her is intolerable, she thought, again lamenting Zebediah’s apparent lack of motivation to destroy his traitorous one-time apprentice.

She moved quickly to a small end table beside a black leather couch and moved it aside. She then peeled back a colorful throw rug to reveal a safe in the floor.

Patricia had installed the safe shortly after she had taken over the house; Barbara had seen her access the safe a few times since becoming her slave, and fortunately, she had learned the code for the electronic keypad, piecing it together after seeing her Mistress input on three different occasions.

Barb took a deep breath, hoping she did indeed have the code correct and Patricia had not changed it since stealing The Art of True Hypnotism.

She punched in the code, and let out a huge sigh of relief as the safe clicked loudly as the lock disengaged.

Inside was a large amount of cash, some jewelry, a few other small items, and a large red velvet-wrapped book.

The Art of True Hypnotism.

Barb took the book out of the safe, unwrapped it, and set it aside.

She then placed the anatomy textbook in the velvet and wrapped it up just the way The Art of True Hypnotism had been.

She placed the book in the safe and closed it. There was a click as the lock reengaged.

Picking up the real Art of True Hypnotism, she considered briefly what to do with it. Taking it with her was too risky; she could only imagine what Mistress would do to her if she discovered it in her possession.

Barbara thought for a moment, then went to the desk and climbed on top of it; she pried open the air-return vent, slid the book inside, and replaced the cover.

She then climbed down off the desk and began to straighten up and dust the study.

Not a moment too soon, the study door opened and Mistress Patricia sauntered into the room.

She eyed Barbara with mild disdain as she sat at her desk and opened her laptop.

Barbara continued to dust the room, gathering empty plates and cups and generally tidying up.

Patricia eventually closed her laptop and rose.

“Barbara, I will be leaving on an errand in an hour. You will accompany me. Go get showered and change into some nicer clothing, something that will show off your body a bit. Makeup as well. Go. Quickly!” she hissed.

Unable to resist, Barbara performed a slight bow.

“As you command, Mistress Patricia,” she said, hurrying from the room.

Damn... that was way too close! If she’d caught me hiding that book... she thought, shuddering.

However, a smile formed on her face. She had done it!

Now she needed to make it through the next few days until Cassandra showed up to claim the book without Mistress Patricia discovering the book had been switched and questioning her about it.

Barbara would not be able to lie to her if she did, and she would be fucked.

Hopefully, Cassandra would be enraged and lash out hard at Patricia, Barbara thought as she headed toward her room

* * *

“So Master Zebediah, what is it that you wished to talk to me about?” Mariah asked brightly.

“Please, just call me ‘Zeb’. First, let me say again that I am very grateful for agreeing to speak with me. It is a great honor, Herald Mariah,” Zeb replied with a smile.

“ Just ‘Mariah’ will suffice, Zeb. I must say, it is refreshing to talk to such a polite young man. Now please tell me what can I do for you?” Mariah asked.

The two hypnotists were seated on a stone bench in a small garden on the side of Casey and Alex’s home, away from the other guests.

Zeb was quiet for a moment as he contemplated his answer.

“It is... something of a sensitive topic. If I am being honest, I am hesitant to broach the subject with a relative stranger. However...Lady Casey suggested that I speak to you, and I trust her judgment,” he said.

“That makes one of us,” Mariah said playfully.

The Sybil was topless and barefoot, wearing only a long bright green skirt. Her light brown curly hair was loose, flowing past her shoulders. She wore a large amount of gold, silver, and copper jewelry; Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, anklets, and toe rings decorated with everything from colorful glass beads to large diamonds and emeralds. Her finger and toenails were both painted dark green.

It took much of Zeb’s considerable discipline not to stare at Mariah’s lovely tit He chuckled softly.

“Also, as a Sybil and Herald of the Goddess Hypnothea, I believe you would be particularly suited to offer insight,” Zeb added.

“A spiritual concern, then? Rare enough amongst hypnotists,” Mariah said, intrigued. The dark-skinned man was thoughtful, taking a moment to pick his words carefully. “Let me first say that I consider myself a disciple of Goddess Hypnothea. I have followed her teachings since I was a child, and have continued on to this very day. It has not always been… easy,” Zeb admitted.

Mariah nodded.

“I should think not, actually. Please, continue,” she said kindly.

“The Goddess has blessed me with the gift of insight. I have been fortunate enough to study The Art of True Hypnotism. I have read many journals and writings on her teachings over the years, studied various skills and techniques, and have amassed a knowledge of True Hypnotism that I can say without hubris that is unrivaled by all but the most devoted of scholars. And yet... what good is such knowledge without the ability to utilize it?” he said with obvious frustration.

With an effort, he channeled his hypnotic energy, igniting his aura to its fullest. Like Zeb, Mariah could see peoples’ auras easily.

She kept her expression neutral upon seeing Zeb’s decidedly unremarkable display.

“This? This is my peak, the totality of power. It is the same level that I attained as a teenager, and has not increased since. Lady Casey has at least three times this,” Zeb said, frustration showing through his normally stoic facade.

“I believe Casey is more than five times that…but there is only one Tiny Tough. She is not a good example to use as a measuring stick,” Mariah said sympathetically.

Zeb took a deep breath and nodded.

“Fair enough. I just want to understand; why would the Goddess bless me with this insight, yet deny me the power needed to utilize it? Why taunt me with the knowledge of what I could be capable of, if only I had power to do so?” he asked calmly.

Mariah smiled and shook her head.

“Zeb, this may be hard to hear, but Hypnothea did not “bless” you; your education, while thorough, is missing some important truths. First off, the Goddess is fickle; she is an agent of Chaos. She was once mortal, the first True Hypnotist. Her power is immeasurable, but it is not infinite. She may be the source of True Hypnotism, but she does not control it completely. Contrary to popular belief, she is not omnipotent or all-seeing. She also did not “deny” you anything. If that was her way, there would be no male hypnotists in the world.

Now, Hypnothea does sometimes favor or perhaps bless those who catch her eye. I don’t want to offend you, but she doesn’t care enough to deny you power. Just for the record, she would definitely taunt you, or any other hypnotist, if doing so amused her. If you have not reached your potential, Hypnothea will be the first to tell you that it is your own fault,” she said, not unkindly.

Zeb sat quietly, his face carved from stone; eventually, he nodded reluctantly.

“You are correct, some truths are hard to hear. I remain a loyal disciple of Hypnothea, even if my assumptions were or still are off the mark. Not to be argumentative, but I truly feel that the growth of my hypnotic powers is stunted, suppressed somehow. Even my Gram Gram felt that something was blocking me, and she encouraged me to give up hypnotism and devote myself to mastering my magic. I refused, believing that if I held strong if I remained faithful, She would finally grant me Her blessing,” he said slowly.

Now Mariah was thoughtful.

“I can certainly understand your frustration, Zeb. And Hypnothea does reward faith, in her own fashion, at least. I admire your ambitions, but I would say that you have done quite well. Is it not possible you are simply not satisfied? Are you not happy with your success as a mercenary hypnotist, and the reputation you have made for yourself in a short time? Your extensive knowledge and education have allowed you to do things that few other hypnotists have accomplished. The way you healed Casey, for instance…,” she said reasonably.

Zeb took another deep breath before replying.

“Yes, of course, I have achieved much as a result of hard work and discipline. Do not misunderstand me. I am no longer bitter about my situation. I learned at a young age to make the best of what I had... to use my powers in unorthodox and creative ways. And I had come to simply accept that this was simply the way of things. But then... then I heard of your conclave, of Domina Peggy and the Fascinating Five. I learned that Domina Peggy had been chosen by the Goddess to be the Dragon of Hypnothea. That after all of these years, Hypnothea had truly awakened and was making her presence known in the world again…all of my unresolved questions returned again…which is why I am turning to you for answers,” he replied solemnly.

Mariah rose and began to walk the perimeter of the garden, her expression serious. “Zeb, do you know why Hypnothea chose Peggy? She doesn’t have your lineage, your education, your knowledge…but she could crush you like a bug; or me, or Alex, Bella…even Casey, I believe. Any two or three of us at once. She is a conduit to the Goddess because she is like the Goddess. Peggy is not disciplined; she isn’t careful, respectful, proper, or even particularly good. She is reckless, wrathful, passionate, and fierce…like Hypnothea. Your own stoic discipline might be one of the things holding you back from Hypnothea’s notice. Combined with your gender, it is a difficult path. Believe me, I understand all too well how disheartening it is to have your gender be a handicap. Outside the true hypnotism community, women are still very much second-class citizens, discriminated against and dismissed in a patriarchal system that pits us against one another so men can avoid being held responsible for the stuff they do…Within our community, however, we are unquestionably superior, end of story. Again, I know that rankles you as a man…but it is simply the way it is. I personally don’t hate men, but I also don’t mind the idea of most of you on your knees,” Mariah said with a wink.

Zeb couldn’t help smiling.

“I have already accepted female superiority within the True Hypnotism community. I will freely admit it is frustrating…but I have learned to live with it and work around it,” he replied.

Mariah nodded.

“I like you, Zeb. So do Casey and Alex. I truly wish to help you; we owe you that much for healing Casey’s spine. To that end, while I cannot answer your questions myself, I believe that perhaps attempting to commune with the Goddess, speaking to her directly, may give you the answers you seek. Do not answer too quickly! It will be incredibly dangerous; she very well may choose to help you. Or, she could speak in riddles and give you only more questions…or she could strip you completely of your powers, turn you into a rat, or leave you a drooling mindless husk…,” she said seriously.

Zeb took a deep breath and was silent for a moment.

“How would this work? Prayer? No disrespect, Herald Mariah, but I have prayed to the Goddess many times, with no response,” he said dubiously.

“Perhaps this time will be different; as you said, Hypnothea is more active now, and you have access to a Sybil. If you are willing, I would be happy to guide you into a proper meditative trance that you have not learned. Again, it might help you to reach the Goddess,” Mariah replied.

“A guided meditative trance…Very well. I trust you, Sybil Mariah. Please, guide me,” Zeb said after a moment of contemplation.

Mariah could sense Zeb’s nervousness; he likely rarely, if ever, allowed himself to be hypnotized, and she appreciated his willingness to trust her.

“Please, kneel on the grass; you must be in a submissive pose to even have a chance of being heard by Hypnothea I am sure you are good at going into a trance, so I am simply going to ask you to stare into this crystal,” she said.

As Zeb assumed a kneeling position before Mariah, she lifted a large green crystal pendant on a copper chain from between her bare breasts. The crystal split the sunlight in a dazzling display as Mariah began to swing it gently before Zeb’s eyes.

“Take a nice deep breath in and let it out slowly as you watch the crystal…,” Mariah began in her powerfully soothing voice.

* * *

With a gasp Zeb opened his eyes, finding himself standing in a wide vividly green field of grass; the area surrounding the field was obscured, as if covered in a thick fog. He was alone, seemingly far from the party, yet somehow he knew he was still there, kneeling before Sybil Mariah, or at least where his body still remained.

Zeb realized he was deep in Mariah’s hypnosis. He wasn’t worried.

Instead, he felt strangely calm. Serene, even. He could feel he was in a safe place, a holy place.

A divine trance; he was hypnotized to a level unachievable without the assistance of one favored by Hypnothea.

A soft feminine laughter sounded, echoing all around him. Glancing around, he saw no one, yet felt a touch, a presence, almost like a hand caressing his cheek.

Welcome, young Zebediah, a voice called out to him, sounding both warm and welcoming yet powerful and authoritative.

“Thank you,” Zeb replied, bowing his head respectfully.

It is a pleasure to meet you. I know you have many questions. I am Maeve, Daughter of Hypnothea, Patron Saint of Pious Hypnotists. I have been instructed to give you a bit of guidance, the voice replied.

Zeb nodded, feeling a bit overwhelmed.

He was having a hard time processing an actual divine agent of The Goddess was speaking to him at Her direction.

More laughter, as if Maeve had picked up on his thoughts and was playfully chiding him.

“Yes, Zebediah; I am a divine servant of Hypnothea, one of her Angels, if you will,” she responded to his unspoken question.

“Angels? Hypnothea has such things?” Zeb asked, bewildered.

After a fashion. I was her apprentice in life and achieved status as a Demi-Goddess under her tutelage. Did you come so far and endure so long to have the chance to speak with the Goddess, only to doubt her now? Am I not good enough for you? Maeve asked, an edge in her voice.

“No, I…I did not mean to offend you, Daughter of Hypnothea. Please, I would be honored and grateful to speak with you,” Zeb replied sincerely.

Again, Maeve giggled.

As you wish. Ask me your questions. Lay aside your doubts and speak of what is on your mind, she replied, her voice utterly compelling.

“Thank you. I…do not wish to sound ungrateful, but I want to know why? Why was I granted my powers and knowledge, only to be held back? Was it some sort of punishment? Did I anger Hypnothea somehow?” Zeb asked calmly.

This time Maeve’s laughter was mocking.

Oh you silly man, Sybil Mariah already told you that the Grant you anything; your Grandmother trained you, and your achievements, or lack thereof, are your own, she said.

“What then? Some cruel joke? Was I not devoted enough to Her teachings? Or... was it simply because I am a male?” Zeb asked, his tone accusatory as a crack appeared in his normal stoicism.

Your gender IS an unfortunate circumstance, Zebediah, though it is of course no fault of your own, Maeve replied sympathetically.

Zeb frowned.

“Yes, It is no secret how She feels about men... that we are all inferior to women, a reversal of the prevailing view that has persisted throughout history. While I agree wholeheartedly that there are many men living now that deserve nothing but contempt, there are just as many women that deserve to be dominated and enslaved! Neither man nor woman, are superior just by their gender— it is their actions and the strength of their character that should be the measure by which they are judged,” he said, defiance in his voice.

Zeb gasped as pain shot through him, a searing agony unlike anything he had ever felt. He doubled over, gasping, retching…and then it was over, as quickly as it began.

Is that so, Zebediah? It appears you ARE still bitter. Perhaps you are not as educated or wise as you believe. Character? What is Character to a True Hypnotist? You overstep, Zebediah; you seem to have your own views that contradict and conflict with Hypnothea’s. Tell me, is it YOU who decides how a True Hypnotist should be judged? Maeve asked with contempt in her voice.

Zeb flushed; he was angry, embarrassed, and frustrated. He swallowed hard, composing himself before he spoke.

“Forgive me, Saint Maeve. Yes, I am…frustrated, and confused. If men are inferior, unwanted… why can any of us hypnotize? The man who calls himself “The Master”, in New York… he is extremely powerful, and there are others…admittedly few, but they exist. Can Hypnothea not simply strip us of our powers completely?” Zeb asked calmly.

Indeed there are male hypnotists; that is because Hypnothea does not control who becomes a hypnotist. To answer your question, she could indeed strip a hypnotist of their powers, though that would take great effort, and has not been possible for Her to do for centuries…though that is about to change. At any rate, The Gift greatly favors females, lending legitimacy to the notion of our superiority. Hypnothea is the first and most powerful practitioner of The Art, which gives her exceptional influence…but even She cannot prevent the occasional male from learning to access True Hypnotism. Simply being a True Hypnotist does not garner a person of either gender any special privilege. Hypnothea does favor women, and would prefer all men be subservient; she does not care about your opinion on the matter, nor anyone else’s, just to be clear. However, she does occasionally show favor to a particularly pious man, one of exceptional skill and devotion…which you are, Master Zebediah. That is why Hypnothea sent me to speak to you with her voice. Her message for you may be hard to hear, but I implore you to listen and listen well. You claim to be humble, to be a man of humility and character, yet you rage at your “limitations”. Do you not see the hypocrisy? The obvious answer? Hypnothea does not want humble, meek, demure, modest followers! The Goddess favors bravado, confidence, pride, and superciliousness! Deserving to be dominated? What does that even mean? A hypnotist, a TRUE hypnotist, decides who DESERVES to be dominated! Male, female, hypnotist, normal, it does not matter! If a female decides someone should taste her dominance simply because they are male, then so be it; if she is capable, she should prove it, in the name of Hypnothea or her own, it does not matter, Zebediah! Don’t you see it? True Hypnotism requires discipline to use…not stoic restraint. YOU are the one that is holding you back, in part by being reserved and disciplined! Maeve admonished, her voice becoming shrill, passionate as she spoke.

Zebediah was dumbfounded.

He swooned as he attempted to reconcile the Saint’s words. “I…forgive me, but I need a moment,” Zeb said quietly.

He felt a sudden rush of peace, a pleasant warmth filling his body.

Take your time, Zebediah, Maeve said in a sweet, soothing voice.

Zeb took several deep breaths, exhaling slowly as he composed himself and organized his thoughts, and processed the feelings welling up inside him as a result of Maeve’s words.

“So, I am to accept that my own discipline and sense of honor, and decency is holding me back?” he asked quietly.

In part, yes. Think about it; who among the other, powerful hypnotists do you know are truly “decent”? Honorable? Which ones are not arrogant, self-serving, ever hungry for more power, influence, or slaves? Which ones do not utterly delight in dominating, humiliating those who cause them but the slightest irritation? Look at yourself, Zebediah. Where are you? At a social gathering hoping for the approval and attention of other hypnotists while your former apprentice mocks you. She stole from you, insulted you, and you are here instead of destroying her. Ask yourself does that sound like a powerful, decisive hypnotist? Maeve asked in reply, her tone again gentle, even comforting.

Zebediah was silent for a moment. “I see your point,” he admitted.

I am happy to hear that. Now, your true power has not only been repressed by your own…docility. You, Zebediah, have an abundance of humility and compassion, truly rare traits among those gifted with True Hypnotism. Further, you have impressive self-discipline, and the ability to resist your own selfish desires. You are correct in your thinking that hubris and arrogance are great enemies of the True Hypnotist. Eventually, everyone ends up on their knees, or far worse. It is almost inevitable, I am afraid. The only question is how you arrive there, and how long it lasts…forgive me, for I digress; I have not used this form of communication in a very long time, and I find it quite enjoyable. You are being held back, quite literally, by your magic, Maeve said.

Zeb looked astonished.

“My... magic…?” he asked in confusion.

Indeed. Sybil Mariah and Domina Peggy are true Hypno-Witches; their magic is fueled by hypnotic energy, and it IS in fact granted by Hypnothea. Your magical power on the other hand… is granted by the Goddess Circe, who is a rival bordering on an enemy of Hypnothea. To have her mark upon you, her influence, some would say…taint, that does definitely and unequivocally block any and all chance that you will gain any blessing from Hypnothea. In short, you must give up your magic to prove your devotion to Hypnothea. Yes, I know this is a stiff price to pay, and it does not guarantee that She will grace you further. However, it is your only option, Maeve explained gently.

“I understand,” Zeb said solemnly.

He remained composed, though his mind was racing.

His discussion with Saint Maeve had provided him with as many questions as answers.

The revelation about his magic did make sense; however, it was a huge decision that he could not make lightly or quickly.

You still have much to learn, Master Zebediah…but you have pleased Hypnothea with the life you have built so far. Your willingness to learn and grow is your greatest asset; continue to use it as you ponder what we have discussed. Farewell, Maeve replied, her voice seeming far away.

The field began to shimmer and fade.

Zeb started awake as Mariah snapped her fingers loudly.

He looked up at her from his kneeling position and stretched with a profound sigh. “Welcome back,” Mariah said kindly, offering her hand.

Zeb accepted it and rose.

“Thank you, Sybil Mariah. That was most enlightening,” he said with his trademark reserved stoicism.

Mariah smiled.

“You are quite welcome. What was said was for you alone. May it bring you closer to Hypnothea,” she said.

Zeb nodded.

“While I now have new and more difficult questions to answer, I do believe that I am on the correct path. I am in your debt,” he replied.

“As a Sybil, it is my sacred duty to assist any True Hypnotist in matters of faith. It was the least I could do, especially after you did for Tiny Tough. However, I will allow you to repay me with a massage at some point,” Mariah replied with a wink.

Zeb chuckled.

“A small price, and one I would be more than happy to pay,” he agreed. “Excellent. Now let’s rejoin the others; it sounds like they are having a great time,”

Mariah replied.

Zeb took a deep breath and allowed himself to relax, determined to navigate this newest unexpected challenge the same way he had all the others in his life.

He held his head high as he followed Mariah back to the party.

* * *

“Like this?” Viviana asked.

A beautiful diamond solitaire pendant dangled from her hand on the end of its golden chain.

Mistress Katja nodded sagely.

“Yes, just like that. Now focus your energy…clear your mind of any distractions and focus on sending your energy into the pendulum and will it to swing,” she instructed.

They were in the living room of Katja’s VIP condo in The Spiral.

Viviana Rios closed her eyes briefly, recalling the lesson the sexy hypnotist had given her.

The diamond began to swing gently back and forth.

Viviana’s hand did not move.

She opened her eyes and smiled triumphantly. “I…I am doing it!” she said with glee.

Katja nodded.

“Very good; you must remain focused at all times. With enough practice, you will be able to control the speed of the pendulum’s swing, as well as the size of its arc. This must become second nature to you, something you can do at will while speaking your induction,” she said.

“I understand,” Viviana replied, brow furrowing. The pendulum began to move faster.

Viviana was quite pleased with her progress; on a whim, she had offered Mistress Katja a one-hundred-thousand dollar bonus to teach her how to hypnotize.

To her mild surprise, the hypnotist had agreed to test her aptitude and give her a few lessons.

To Viviana’s delight, after a series of exercises Katja declared that she indeed had the potential to learn to use True Hypnotism.

Her first lesson the previous day had been a frustrating, fruitless exercise.

“Do not worry, dear Viviana. Learning to channel and use hypnotic power takes a lot of dedication and practice for most people; you will not become a hypnotist in a few days,” Katja had told her.

Today’s attempt was going far better.

Viviana was able to properly swing a pendulum, an important first step in hypnotizing a subject.

“Very good. It is still a bit rough, but you are well on the way. Practice swinging the pendulum whenever you can; concentrate on the stone and sending your energy into it. The more you do so, the more you will bond with it and the more effective it will become in your hands,” Katja added.

Viviana chewed at her lip; she thought she could indeed feel a tingling sensation, power moving down her arm and into the swinging diamond.

She gasped after a moment, her suddenly tired arm dropping. “Damn,” she muttered.

Katja smiled.

“Do not fret, Viviana! That is actually a good sign. Channeling hypnotic power uses a lot of energy, and it can be exhausting for a novice,” she said.

Viviana took a deep breath and nodded.

“Of course. Thank you, Mistress Katja,” she said.

Viviana resolved at that moment to do whatever it took to develop true hypnotism skills of her own.

I can have the life I choose, rather than this insane existence I was thrust into by my family, she told herself.

“Why don’t you go meditate in self-hypnosis the way I showed you; you must regularly focus your mind, strengthen and hone it, just as you must do with your voice,” Katja suggested.

Viviana smiled and nodded.

“Thank you, Mistress Katja,” she said.

“Tomorrow, you will try an induction on a willing subject,” Katja said.

Viviana inclined her head toward the hypnotist as well as Enid, who had been silently watching her practice.

“That sounds fantastic. Thank you, ladies,” she said, turning and walking out of the room.

“Well, she is picking it pretty fast,” Enid remarked, passing Katja a glass of wine after Viviana had gone.

“She is picking it up quickly enough; it helps she was already aware of True Hypnotism and eager to learn. She does have the gift, and if she is able to maintain her focus, she will eventually be able to hypnotize someone against their will. She has a long way to go, though,” Katja replied, sipping her wine.

“She has an excellent teacher…which only makes it even more amazing that you are self-taught, my love,” Enid said.

Katja shrugged.

“Experience and failure are the best teachers. I truly enjoy being labeled an upstart; coming from a family of hypnotists does not automatically mean you will be a great hypnotist, or even have the talent at all,” she said with disdain.

Enid kissed her cheek Katja smiled.

“I scratched and scraped for what I have, learning along the way, enduring humiliation at the hands of rivals, and I have become a very successful mercenary hypnotist on my own by working hard and never giving up…which of course you already know, my darling,” she said.

Enid nodded.

“That is just one of the many things I love about you, babe,” she said, kissing her again, this time on the lips.

“Thank you, Enid. I love you as well,” Katja replied, enjoying the taste of her lover’s lips. “So... how far do you intend to go with Viviana? I mean, right now we are just trying to kill time while we finalize capturing this Master Zebediah, right? Once we deliver him, do you intend to stick around and train her, take her on as an apprentice officially?” Enid asked.

“I am not certain; how would you feel if I did?” Katja asked. Now it was Enid’s turn to shrug.

“In truth, I am indifferent; it that is what you choose to do, I support you completely. Viviana is beautiful, intelligent, and ruthless. I would not object to bringing her into our bed on occasion if she’s into women. I will admit, I like it just being the two of us most of the time, though,” she said.

“Do not fear my love, I prefer our little dynamic duo as well. I like Viviana, and another hypnotist ally would not be a bad thing to have,” Katja replied.

Both Katja and Enid looked up as someone entered the room.

“We found him!” Ricardo, Viviana’s right-hand man, and cousin, said excitedly. Katja glared at him, raising an eyebrow.

Ricardo stopped in his track, suddenly contrite. He knelt.

“Apologies, Mistress Katja,” Ricardo said calmly.

He had been hypnotized by Katja and changed from a disrespectful, obnoxious jerk into a docile, obedient servant.

“You may speak,” Katja said coldly. Enid smirked and sipped her wine.

“We have located Zebediah Clark,” Ricardo said. Katja brightened.

“Finally! Where in Hell is he?” she asked eagerly.

“He is at some backyard party in an upscale neighborhood in the Boise foothills. We have the exact address,” Ricardo replied.

Katja nodded.

“Who lives at that address?” she asked. Ricardo sighed.

“Apparently, it belongs to a pair of hypnotists, a married couple…Casey and Alexendra…we couldn’t get last names,” he said.

Katja and Enid exchanged a glance.

“Tiny Tough and her wife, Alexandra Pemberton,” Katja said with a frown.

“They are part of the Fascinating Five…which means Sybil Mariah, Bella Beguile…and Domina Peggy…might be there or at least nearby,” Enid said carefully.

“The Fascinating Five…the ones that made such a splash at the Spiral’s grand opening,” Katja said sourly.

She took a deep breath.

Katja was a powerful, experienced hypnotist; she felt she could handle any of the Fascinating Five one-on-one, including the vaunted Tiny Tough.

However, all of them at once, not to mention her target Master Zebediah…

“Tell your man to keep his distance, Ricardo. Tell him to report in immediately if Zebediah leaves the home,” Katja commanded.

“Yes, Mistress Katja,” Ricardo said, rising and hurrying from the room. “Well Enid, I believe it is time for us to make preparations,” Katja said. Enid smiled and finished her wine.

“About fucking time,” she said with a smile at her lover. “We have few moments, my lover…,” Katja said slyly.

The blonde hypnodomme went to her knees and lifted Enid’s skirt.

The mentalist giggled, then moaned loudly as Katja began to lick enthusiastically at her pussy.

* * *

“So I told them I was in…as long as I got a costume and a Super-Villainess name,”

Christine was saying.

The sexy blonde hypnotist was sitting in a deck chair on Casey and Alex’s back deck, holding a bottle of domestic beer. She was dressed in a sparkling sleeveless red top and a short black skirt; her feet were bare, her toenails ruby red, and her tall black pumps beside her chair.

“She looks fantastic in the magenta and gold costume, I might add. And even more important, “Temptress” was a huge help,” Mariah added.

“That was very brave of you to join them in rescuing Peggy,” Susan remarked, seated beside Mariah.

An attractive middle-aged blonde, Susan was both Mariah’s girlfriend and Alex’s mother.

“I mean, I look good in just about anything, to be fair. Seriously though, I am not some selfless do-gooder, and I was hardly brave; the truth is always wanted to stick it to a member of High Conclave. Plus, I didn’t want to spend the rest of my days locked up in some dungeon, or a foot- and fuck-slave for The Fascinating Five. When they offered me the choice, it was a no-brainer,” Christine replied with a shrug.

Zeb chuckled, shaking his head.

“Forgive me, Mistress Christine, but I disagree. I think perhaps you are giving yourself too little credit. You knowingly agreed to attack High Mistress Gillian on her own turf to help save Domina Peggy, a woman who was at the time someone you considered an enemy. You had to know it was a mission with only a slim chance of succeeding. It was brave of you to participate, even if it was simultaneously self-serving,” he said.

Christine shrugged again, glancing to the side.

“Yeah, well, slim or not, we made it work. Besides, with Tiny Tough on injured reserve and her better half stuck home playing nursemaid, someone had to step up and take care of business,” she said with a smirk.

“Hey! Watch it, goldilocks, or you might just end up wishing you were back in the dungeon after all! I’m not on the bench anymore, thanks in huge part to this guy,” she said, setting down a tray of grilled meat and slapping Zeb lightly on the back.

“It really was my pleasure to help you heal yourself,” Zeb replied modestly. Casey snorted.

She glanced at a pair of figures entering the backyard through a side gate and smiled.

“Speaking of being out of action, look who has finally showed up to the party,” Casey said, as the two newcomers made their way across the yard.

High Mistress Jing Mei laughed, sitting in an empty chair with a grunt, while her escort Sean fixed her a plate of food.

The Chinese hypnotist was wearing a simple yet stylish red maternity dress; she was barefoot, her hair in a long braid. She wore minimal makeup, and her only jewelry was her gold and emerald toe ring on her left second toe. Her finger and toenails were both painted black.

“My apologies, Casey. The exam ran a bit long; you know how thorough Dr. Carson can be,” Jing-Mei replied.

“I trust everything is good?” Alex asked. Jing-Mei nodded.

“Both the baby and I are doing well,” she replied.

Sean handed Jing-Mei her food and a bottle of water, then stood silently behind her. “Did we miss anything?” Jing-Mei asked, taking a bite from the double cheeseburger Sean had made for her.

“Oh, not much; we just finished making introductions and were reminiscing a bit.

Speaking of which, allow me to introduce Master Zebediah Clark. Zeb, this is High Mistress Jing Mei, and Sean, Domina Peggy’s Consort,” Alex said.

“High Mistress Jing-Mei,” Zeb greeted, immediately rising and moving to take a knee before her.

Jing-Mei raised an eyebrow and smiled as she chewed.

Casey laughed, and Mariah, Susan, Christine, and Alex all chuckled.

“It is an honor and a great privilege to meet you, High Mistress,” Zeb said.

“He does things like that,” Tiny Tough quipped.

“Zeb is a big believer in respect and propriety,” Alex added. “As he should; Jing-Mei is a High Mistress,” Sean said.

“Please, rise Master Zebediah. It is lovely to meet you as well,” Jing-Mei said formally.

“Thank you, High Mistress. Congratulations on the impending birth of your child. When you are sufficiently recovered, I hope that you would do me the honor of a sparring session. I am always looking to test my skills,” Zeb said after standing.

Jing-Mei raised her eyebrow and smiled. Behind her, Sean smirked.

“If you think I was a handful…,” Alex said with a chuckle. Jing-Mei swallowed and wiped her mouth with a napkin.

“I would be happy to train with you in the future,” Jing-Mei said politely. Zeb smiled and nodded his thanks, then looked at Sean.

“It is also an honor to meet you, Consort of the Dragon,” he said, extending his hand.

Zeb suppressed a smile as he noted Sean hesitated for an instant before taking his hand.

Good instincts; shaking a hypnotist’s hand should give one pause, Zeb thought. He casually tried to read Sean’s aura…and suppressed a gasp.

He had none.

Or more appropriately, Zeb could not read it.

It was as if Sean was…protected from his sight.

Further, when they grasped hands pain shot up Zeb’s arm.

Nothing unbearable; it was akin to a low-level electrical current, unpleasant but not damaging.

He almost felt as if his own aura was being drained. Zeb’s considerable discipline allowed him not to react.

As he withdrew his hand, Zeb realized Sean had no idea what had just happened.

Another question in a day full of them, Zeb thought sourly. He was truly perplexed by what had just taken place.

“Thank you, Master Zebediah. It is nice to meet you,” Sean replied politely.

The handsome and fit Dragon’s Consort was dressed in black tactical pants, sturdy combat boots, and a black t-shirt, his dark hair cut in his customary short mohawk.

A custom-built Pit Viper nine-millimeter pistol, possibly the best tactical handgun in the world, sat in a holster on Sean’s belt, along with three spare magazines.

Zeb knew that while Sean was not an expert martial artist, he was trained to fight, very tough and a world-class pistol shot, an instructor who could likely match his own Thrall Sasha’s prowess with a handgun.

He is quite the enigma, Zeb thought as he retook his seat.

Then the group resumed its chatting, eating, and drinking; Zeb gradually grew more comfortable as he put Patricia, his meeting with Maeve, and the riddle of Sean’s aura out of his mind.

He drank three beers and even began to join in the teasing and joking.

“High Mistress Jing-Mei, is your neck bothering you?” Zeb asked, noting her wincing as she laughed at one of Casey’s jokes.

Jing-Mei waved her hand dismissively.

“It is nothing; I am so large now that I am sleeping in weird positions, and I woke up with a bit of neck pain,” she said.

Zeb blinked, then frowned slightly.

“Yes... I can see your energy is a slight bit out of alignment, likely from a pinched nerve in your neck or upper back. If you like, I could massage you and fix that for you—,” he began to offer.

“That’s not necessary. I look after High Mistress Jing-Mei. I’ll be the one to massage her neck and shoulders if she requires it,” Sean interrupted sharply.

Zeb eyed him with a mixture of irritation and sympathy.

“A simple back rub from a Thrall will not suffice. I can appreciate your concern for the High Mistress, so I take no offense. However, I have some manner of knowledge and experience in this sort of thing, and I know precisely what the problem is and how to address it,” he said, a trace of haughtiness in his voice.

“Excuse me, Master Zebediah, but it is not merely concern for High Mistress Jing-Mei. I am the father of her child, her lover, and her protector. It is not your place,” Sean said an edge in his voice.

He and Zeb locked eyes, neither willing to back down. Everyone else in the group fell silent.

“Oh, for fuck’s sake, put your dicks away you two! Otherwise, I am going to put you both on your asses and make sure you can’t get it up for a month,” Casey said firmly, hands on her hips.

“Sean, you will back down,” Jing-Mei said quietly.

“Yes, High Mistress. My apologies,” Sean said immediately. He lowered his gaze.

“And you, Zebediah, I will ask that you respect my beloved, the father of my child; he is no mere “Thrall”, but the Consort of The Dragon of Hypnothea, whom I am also the concubine of,” Jing-Mei said, looking at Zeb.

“Of course, High Mistress. I truly meant no offense, Sean,” the dark-skinned hypnotist said.

“I know, Master Zebediah. I apologize for losing my composure. I meant no disrespect to you,” Sean replied.

He moved to offer Zeb his hand. Zeb steeled himself as he took it.

Again he felt a jolt of energy and experienced a feeling of his energy being drained.

“That’s better. Now let’s get back to having a good time,” Casey said, moving to assemble her third hamburger of the afternoon.

Zeb sighed, cursing himself silently.

He rarely got into confrontations with other men; macho pissing contests were not his style, but for some reason, Sean had raised his hackles a bit

Something to do with his strange energy…? Zeb wondered.

He took a deep breath and ignored his embarrassment, smiling at Jing-Mei. “My offer remains, High Mistress,” he said calmly.

Jing-Mei nodded.

“I would appreciate it if you would try to reduce the pain in my neck, Master Zebediah; after hearing about how you helped Casey, I must admit I am curious about your skills,” she said with a smile.

“Go on, Voodoo Doc; fix the pregnant Lady’s neck,” Casey said around a mouthful of food.

“Case! Finish chewing first. I still cannot believe that a woman as beautiful as you are has such bad manners! I swear you are like a teenage boy sometimes,” Alex admonished her wife.

Casey casually flipped Alex off and took another, larger bite of her burger. “Dance for me, my Dainty Ballerina,” the gorgeous blonde replied with a smirk.

Casey’s eyes went wide; with a blank expression on her face, she set down her food and moved out onto the grass, and began to dance gracefully in her colorful red and purple sundress, her bare feet moving lightly as she spun and leaped about.

Everyone laughed, and Zeb’s smile was genuine as he moved to stand behind Jing-Mei, flexing his fingers in preparation for the High Mistress’s neck and shoulder massage.

* * *

Barbara sat in the back of Patricia’s chauffeured silver Lexus, wearing a revealing yellow mini-dress, her slave collar, and tall brown platform sandals, her makeup and jewelry tasteful and minimal.

Beside her was Mistress Patricia; the hypnodomme was dressed in a sexy aqua halter top and a short black skirt, along with tall stylish black pumps. She wore heavier makeup and considerably more jewelry than Barbara.

“You know Barbara, you must think me a fool!” Patricia said suddenly.

“Mistress?” Barbara asked, confused.

“I know what you have been trying to do, you little cunt,” Patricia replied haughtily. “Mistress, I don’t understand—,” Barb began, panic rising in her chest.

“Bullshit. I hypnotized that bitch Jackie, and she told me everything; I have known what you were up to all along. I gave you a very long leash, allowed you awareness and an opportunity to accept your fate as my Thrall, to embrace it, and grow into the role. Instead, you thought you could outsmart me. I know about your little plan to cause my downfall by angering Mistress Cassandra. I have been putting you in trance regularly and questioning you, then making you forget. I am a hypnotist you moron, and you are in my power. Did you really think I wouldn’t know what was going on in my house? Zeb is going to be coming after me, you dumb bitch; I installed more security, including cameras in my study. I know what you did with The Art of True Hypnotism. Your little attempt has failed…and I am done with you,” Patricia cut her off.

The color drained from Barbara’s face. “Mistress, please, I—,” she stammered. “Lockdown,” Patricia said coldly.

Barbara’s mouth snapped shut.

She could no longer move or speak without Patricia’s permission.

Oh shit, she thought.

Barbara managed only a whimper. Patricia laughed at her.

“Kneel,” she commanded.

Barbara assumed a kneeling position before her owner for the rest of the car ride.

Her expression was one of terror; she had no idea what was going to happen to her now that her plan had utterly failed.

At the very least I am probably in for long hours of public humiliation at The Spiral, Barbara thought, bracing herself.

She resolved to remain stoic no matter what Mistress Patricia did to her.

“Come along, slave,” the hypnotist commanded as her driver parked the car in Patricia’s reserved spot in The Spiral’s parking garage.

Barbara found herself following Patricia into the massive building, helpless to do anything while her owner spoke with a man wearing the burgundy jacket of a Spiral employee.

Patricia then led Barbara down a hallway to a small conference room; they stepped inside to see a pair of beautiful women, one, an exceptionally fit and slender with long dark- brown hair wearing a short red dress and strappy silver high-heeled sandals, the other a full- figured woman with shoulder-length light brown hair and wearing a long green dress and brown platform sandals. Both women wore tasteful makeup and expensive jewelry, with the woman in green notably sporting a gold pocket watch around her neck.

“You must be Mistress Patricia; I am Judy Collins, and this is Mistress Diane,” the woman in red said with a smile.

“Hello Judy, Mistress Diane. It is lovely to meet you both!” Patricia replied with a smile of her own.

“Please, have a seat. Would you like anything to eat or drink?” Judy asked. “Some water would be wonderful,” Patricia replied, sitting at the room’s long conference table.

Barbara remained standing silently, her expression one of complete frustration.

Judy gestured to a pretty, naked young woman with long blonde hair standing next to the wall.

The blonde immediately went to a side table and retrieved a tray containing crystal glasses and a carafe filled with ice water.

Patricia watched as the sexy slave girl expertly filled three glasses and served them to her, Judy, and Diane before withdrawing in silence.

“Now then, you are interested in purchasing one of the Blades, is that correct?” Judy asked.

Patricia nodded.

“Indeed; I find myself sorely in need of an upgrade; I would like to trade in my Thrall, Barbara. She has been a…disappointment. I believe she is not good for more than menial servitude,” she replied, gesturing at Barbara.

“I understand that; she is very attractive, obviously strong and fit. I am sure I can turn her into a money-maker,” Diane said.

She rose and moved to where Barbara stood silently.

The green-clad hypnotist began to examine Barbara more closely. “Barbara, strip! Do as Diane tells you,” Patricia commanded.

Barbara immediately obeyed, removing her clothes so Diane could more thoroughly appraise her, having her lift her arms, open her mouth and stand on one foot.

“So, I hear that you are something of a prodigy, Patricia. It took you a very short time to learn to use True Hypnotism effectively. Very impressive,” Judy said pleasantly, sipping her water.

“Thank you, that is flattering, Ms. Collins. Yes, I am..fortunate. I had an excellent mentor,” Patricia replied.

She winced slightly, feeling a mild pang of guilt over her recent betrayal of Zebediah.

Fuck him, he was holding you back!, Patricia told herself firmly. “That is fortunate,” Judy agreed.

“Okay, with proper conditioning and training…I would say one million,” Diane announced.

Barbara whimpered as she realized she was being sold to slave dealers. Judy nodded.

“One million in credit it is; is that acceptable, Mistress Patricia?” Judy asked. Patrica nodded, smiling.

“Absolutely. That is more than I had hoped,” she replied.

“Excellent. Now then, it is Saber you are interested in?” Judy asked. “Yes, I am very interested. The cost is ten million?” Patricia asked in reply. “Correct. Nine after your credit for Barbara here,” Judy said.

Patricia swallowed hard.

Nine million would wipe out a large portion of her liquid assets.

It will be worth it; you can take more money; Saber will be invaluable to have around when Zeb comes after you, Patricia told herself firmly.

“That will be fine,” she said aloud. Judy nodded.

“Perfect. Saber is up in our suite if you would like to accompany me up to examine her,” she said.

“I would love to, thank you; Barbara, you are now Diane and Judy’s property. You will obey them just as you obey me. You must follow all of their commands and orders without hesitation,” Patricia said firmly.

“Yes, Mistress,” Barbara replied, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Her earlier resolve had vanished, and she was filled with fear and panic.

“Oh stop crying, it won’t help; besides, you will be blank and mindless soon anyway, ready to serve whoever purchases you. Now come along so I can start processing you,” Diane said without a shred of sympathy.

She nodded to Patricia and Judy before leading the naked Barbara from the room. “If you will follow me,” Judy said pleasantly to Patricia, rising from her seat.

Patricia was smiling as she walked out of the conference room with Judy, the naked blonde slave girl following behind them.

She had already forgotten Barbara.

* * *

It was late into the evening when Zeb finally, reluctantly took his leave of his hosts.

After successfully helping High Mistress Jing-Mei’s neck pain, at Casey’s urging he had offered to demonstrate his talents to the other guests.

Both Christine and Mariah had eagerly accepted foot massages, and Zeb was delighted to do so.

Despite his foot fetish, he managed to keep his composure and act professionally while he rubbed the women’s lovely feet.

Christine had gotten worked up enough from Zeb’s ministrations that she had shamelessly mounted the male slave she’d brought with her, hiking up her skirt and riding him roughly on the well-manicured grass.

Mariah had allowed herself to orgasm at the conclusion of the foot massage. “Mmmm…oh my… that was…unbelievable,” she said pleasure rippled through her. “It was my pleasure,” Zeb replied with a low chuckle.

He moved slowly, not wanting the others to see the massive erection he was sporting.

Both Christine and Mariah had extremely nice feet, and Zeb had considered it truly an honor to touch them.

He was mildly disappointed that he had not gotten to massage Jing-Mei’s feet as well, but he suspected that only Peggy, Sean, and their slaves were allowed to touch them.

Before saying individual goodbyes, Zeb had announced that all of the guests were welcome at the Lotus as VIP guests at any time.

Casey and Alex walked with Zeb and Sasha to his car. “I hope you had a good time,” Alex said.

“Yeah, sorry it wasn’t more relaxing,” Casey added. Zeb chuckled.

“While it wasn’t exactly…restful, I had a fantastic time. Thank you both so very much,” he replied.

“You are very welcome,” Alex replied, hugging him. Casey also embraced him.

“Too bad you didn’t get to meet Peggy,” Tiny Tough said. Zeb nodded.

“Another time, hopefully. I truly wish to meet both Domina Peggy and Mistress Bella,” he said.

Casey tensed slightly at Zeb’s mention of Bella Beguile.

He was about to follow up with how Bella had been an inspiration for his “Shadow” persona, but upon seeing Casey’s reaction he decided not to mention it.

“Yes, you will meet them soon I am sure, after we are back in town,” Alex said amiably. “Are you leaving?” Zeb asked as Sasha loaded their bags into the trunk.

Casey nodded.

“Peggy called, she needs us to join her on her trip,” she replied.

“I see…if she’s in some kind of trouble, I would be happy to help,” Zeb said, almost eagerly.

Alex smiled.

“Zeb, thank you for the offer, truly. You need to go see your Gram-Gram and my grandmother as you planned. We can handle this,” she said kindly.

“Are you certain?” Zeb asked. Casey winked at him.

“Fascinating Five business; nothing personal,” she said.

Zeb suppressed a sigh.

He knew they were more than capable, and that their group was used to operating alone whenever possible.

Still, a part of him wished he’d been invited along.

Getting to work alongside his new friends and The Fascinating Five would be thrilling. He realized he was sad to be leaving their company.

There it is, what Saint Maeve was talking about. Your desire for approval, your need to belong. You only met these women a week ago. You cannot rush relationships…that is how you end up with the situation you are in with Patricia…damn, Patrica. I must deal with her as well… Zeb thought.

He nodded and smiled a genuine smile.

“Alright, as long as you know you can always call on me for help,” he said.

“Of course, Zebediah. We truly appreciate that, and we certainly will if it comes to that,” Alex replied with a smile.

“Definitely. Don’t worry so much, Doc. I owe you one, not the other way around,” Casey added nonchalantly.

Zeb chuckled.

“Thank you again, ladies,” he said, bowing theatrically before getting into his vehicle. “Have fun with Nika!” Casey called as the car backed out of the driveway.

Zeb smiled wistfully; he couldn’t help but feel a bit sad.

Again, you haven’t known them that long. Give it time. They have their circle, their conclave, and you have to accept that, he told himself.

Zeb shook his head at the absurdity of a man with his power and skills being insecure about being liked, about having friends.

Friends were something he had not had during his unique upbringing.

Now, he felt like he had the beginnings of very meaningful connections with people who could become true friends.

Patience, Zebediah. It is something you are good at…, he mused.

Again, Patricia’s betrayal came to the forefront of his thoughts. Zeb felt fresh anger rising inside him.

That ungrateful woman…she was damned near a prodigy, and she did this…and me, why didn’t I go straight to her home and destroy her? Domina Peggy, Casey, Mariah…even Alex, they would already have their property back and turned Patricia into a menial…or worse. Perhaps I should shift my focus to recovering the book and punishing Patricia before anything else. Otherwise, Maeve is right; what kind of True Hypnotist am I…?, he thought with a big sigh.

Taking out his cell phone, he dialed the number of a client who had hired him as The Shadow.

“Hello, Kevin? This is Lonbraj-la. Yes... I am well, thank you. And you? Excellent.

Kevin, I find myself in need of a favor. No, nothing so dramatic. I am in need of a horse. A very high-quality riding horse. Yes, I thought that might be something you could assist me with.

Cost is not a consideration…,” Zeb said.

Sasha smiled as she drove, half listening to the conversation. She had remained out of sight but within earshot of her Master for the duration of their visit to Casey and Alex’s home, and was aware of his plan to surprise the Archdomina with a replacement for the horse she had recently lost.

Purchasing a horse sounded both complicated and expensive, especially as a gift to take to someone he was meeting for the first time.

However, it was also entirely in line with her Master’s nature. She had witnessed him at his most brutal, acting every bit the cold, remorseless hypnotist using people as little more than tools or playthings.

She had also witnessed him showing mercy, compassion, and kindness to those who did not deserve it by her estimation.

It was a fascinating dichotomy.

However, after having met Casey, Alex, and their friends, Sasha felt that perhaps more hypnotists operated similarly to her Master…though she could tell by their conversations and demeanors they were still much more ruthless than Zebediah.

It was somehow comforting that these hypnotists had maintained something of a conscience, keeping a portion of their humanity intact even while dominating and degrading people as they saw fit.

Glancing in the rearview mirror, her musings were forgotten as rapidly approaching headlights claimed her attention.

Sasha frowned; she was driving just a little over the sixty-mile-per-hour speed limit on the single-lane road.

The vehicle behind her was going much faster.

Sasha watched as it moved to pass her; out of an abundance of caution, she tapped the brakes to let the large black SUV get past them more quickly.

The SUV swerved suddenly, slamming violently into Sasha’s vehicle.

Proklyatyy!” Sasha cursed, gripping the steering wheel tightly as the BMW skidded and slid off the road and into the embankment.

Suddenly, the car flipped onto its side even as its momentum continued to carry it forward.

Sasha screamed, flinching reflexively as the windshield cracked and the driver’s side window shattered. She was slammed violently about as the car began to roll, her body kept in place by her seatbelt. When the vehicle finally came to a stop, she was surprised to find they had landed right side up. Dazed, she shook her head, wincing slightly at a pain on her forehead. Reaching up a hand, she drew it back bloody, her head having been cut by flying glass.

A quick self-assessment showed she was functional, battered, and bruised but nothing broken.

Sasha’s attention immediately turned to the back seat.

“Master? Are you okay?” she asked, careful to keep her voice calm as she unbuckled her seatbelt and turned toward the back of the car.

Zebediah looked dazed.

He had just finished his phone call when the SUV struck. The sudden loud crash, the shuddering of the car, followed by that moment of odd weightlessness as the car began to roll.

He had felt it all before, long ago; his mind flashed back to when he was just six years old.

The cold winter night that his family had died in a violent car wreck.

It was a trauma he had suffered from ever since, even after his Gram Gram had used her hypnosis to help him deal with what had happened.

Zeb had slowly put it behind him, burying the past as he moved on with his life. Now it all came flooding back.

“Master? Master Zebediah!” Sasha’s voice managed to pierce the fog, breaking him out of his fugue.

“What…?” Zeb said slowly.

“Please, Master! Say something! Speak to me!” Sasha pleaded. “Sasha!” he managed, shaking his head, panting, his heart racing.

“I’m here, Master,” Sasha said reaching out her hand toward him.

“I’m... I’m okay…Just… shaken up... but I’m okay,” he said, taking Sasha’s hand.

“That is a fucking miracle! Are you injured? Anything broken?” his Russian thrall replied, visibly elated.

“I may have a concussion…nothing serious. Are you okay, Sasha?” Zeb asked with genuine concern, rubbing his head.

“Minor cuts and bruises; Otherwise, I am uninjured. However, there is a pressing problem,” Sasha replied as she looked out the shattered rear window.

She saw a group of men carrying rifles and moving like professional soldiers. Zeb turned back.

“What the…?” he asked.

Is this Patricia’s doing? Did I underestimate her so completely? he wondered. “There are five, heavily armed,” Sasha said.

She retrieved a pair of suppressed Beretta nine-millimeter pistols from the glove box and checked to make certain there was a round in the chamber of each one.

Zeb looked back and examined the black-clad men more closely. The one in the center held up his hand, signaling the group to stop.

“Clark! Zebediah Clark! Come out, slowly! We are here to escort you to our Mistress. If you surrender peacefully, you will not be harmed any further,” he called.

“Remain here, Master. Please,” Sasha said calmly.

“Sasha! You cannot be seriously thinking of taking them on by yourself!” Zeb admonished.

Sasha chuckled.

Da. Only five of them against me? Hardly a challenge, an inconvenience really, but at least the positioning gives them a slight advantage, so I do not feel too bad about killing them,” she replied.

The Russian Thrall opened the car door.

“Sasha!” Zeb barked sharply, causing her to freeze and glance back at him again. “Master, please allow me; I am your bodyguard. It is my duty to protect you. To guard your life. And, if needed, to die for you,” Sasha said.

Zeb scowled, looking entirely unhappy, which only made her cherish him more.

“Do not worry, Master. Do you forget already how we met? I was an assassin before you hypnotized me. This is no problem for me. Trust me,” Sasha said.

Zeb nodded curtly.

With that, Sasha twisted to the side, extended both her legs, and kicked, forcing open the battered car door, and slipped outside. “Freeze!” the gunmen’s leader barked.

His men raised their weapons. “Don’t move, bitch!” the man yelled.

Sasha nodded, leaning over and breathing heavily.

“Please, he is seriously injured,” she said, careful to keep her pistols out of sight. “Do not move, or we will shoot you,” the man replied.

“Not if I shoot you first, asshole,” Sasha muttered.

With exceptional speed and grace, she stood up straight and raised her pistols. Sasha fired each weapon alternately, a total of five shots.

Each bullet found the head of one of the gunmen. All five dropped lifeless to the ground.

“Damn, his bitch bodyguard-slave is still alive! Everyone else move in! Bring me Clark!” a female voice called from the darkness.

Sasha heard the faint sounds of weapons’ safeties being switched off and magazines being checked.

“Reinforcements,” Sasha murmured, dropping into a crouch as men began to approach from multiple directions.

Sasha calmly raised her pistols and began to fire them methodically.

Her assailants opened fire with their automatic rifles, firing somewhat wildly as Sasha began to pick them off.

A bullet grazed her right shoulder, but she ignored it and kept firing. Another bullet struck her right thigh.

Sasha gritted her teeth and held her ground.

Her right-hand pistol locked open on an empty magazine just as the eighth gunman fell to the ground.

Sasha winced, breathing a sigh of relief. It was short-lived.

“Kill her!” a female voice called loudly from the darkness.

Sasha turned toward the road to see three more men approaching, weapons shouldered.

She raised her pistol and fired, hitting each one square in the chest. They did not slow.

“Fuck,” Sasha said, realizing they wore body armor as her weapon locked open, empty.

She dove toward the wrecked car as the men opened fire; she crouched behind the front of the vehicle as the hood, wheel, and fender were riddled with bullets.

Sasha knew she needed to draw them away from the car. Looking around, she spotted a large log about twenty feet away.

She knew she would likely not make it on her injured leg, but she had no choice. Ignoring the pain, Sasha sprinted toward the log.

The men shifted fire immediately.

“Aaaaahhhh!! Blayd! Sukin syn!” Sasha cursed loudly, as a tore through her calf on her left leg, followed by a second one hitting her in the middle of her left forearm.

She stumbled and used her momentum to roll behind the shelter of the log, momentarily safe from further barrages of bullets.

Unfortunately, both her pistols were empty.

“Damn! Damn! Damn!” Sasha growled, clutching her injured calf.

The bullet was had gone completely through, unlike the one in her thigh. The one that had struck her forearm had likewise been a through and through. All her wounds bled, needing attention soon.

However, Sasha was keenly aware that if she was unable to take out the last few assailants, bleeding to death would be the least of her worries. Grunting in pain, mind racing, Sasha considered her options.

She hoped that she’d bought her master the time he needed to flee; he was stealthy enough that he should be able to get away.

Hopefully, he had called the rest of his security team, and they were on their way to meet him. By her estimate, they were about twelve to fifteen minutes away from home. Even if Grant was able to round up a few men and head out right away, she estimated at least another seven or eight minutes minimum before help arrived.

She needed to give her Master more time.

The sound of weapons being cycled came from multiple directions, and close by. Sasha was out of time.

She was surrounded.

Sasha drew one of her hidden throwing knives, concealing it by her side as she prepared for death as six men approached, weapons aimed at her head.

“Wait,” a female voice called calmly.

The men lowered the muzzles of their weapons a couple of inches.

“So you must be Sasha, Clark’s vaunted Thrall,” Mistress Katja said, stepping into view.

The gorgeous blonde hypnotist was dressed in an elegant long blue strapless gown and tall black pumps, her hair in a fancy ’updo.

Beside her was Enid, the pretty young mentalist wearing more practical jeans and a tight black long-sleeved top, along with black athletic shoes.

“I see our intelligence on her was accurate. She is fucking dangerous,” Enid remarked, eyeing the wounded Sasha.

“Yes, a one-woman army it would seem,” Katja said with respect. “I am not finished yet,” Sasha growled.

Katja smiled.

“Wonderful! So strong and defiant. It would be a shame to end your life. I believe I will let you live and brainwash you properly; you will make an excellent Thrall,” she said haughtily.

Sasha grinned.

“I’m afraid I must decline your very enticing proposal. I am loyal to my Master. I will defend him until I die,” she said defiantly.

Katja laughed at her.

“Is that so? And how is it your Master secured your loyalty, imbecile? Oh yes, hypnotism! You are nothing more than a slave, a brainwashed minion without a thought of her own. When I am finished mind-fucking you, you will be begging to serve me,” she said arrogantly.

Just come a little bit closer, Sasha thought, fingering the edge of the knife clutched tightly in the hand of her uninjured right arm.

Sasha intended to stall as long as possible, but the pain and blood loss were taking a serious toll on her, sapping her strength.

Shadows flickered at the edges of her vision, and she knew she was fighting a battle against going into shock.

Sasha took a deep breath, forcing herself to stay lucid through sheer force of will.

I will get one chance... If I take out this woman, even if her men kill me perhaps Maser Zebediah will be safe.

Katja took a step forward, intending to hypnotize Sasha.

Enid frowned as she focused on the Russian woman’s mind, reading her intent. Sasha whipped her arm smoothly, releasing the blade.

It flew with impressive accuracy and speed straight at the startled Katja’s neck. It stopped in midair.

The weapon was frozen in place by Enid’s mentalism. Katja yelped, then composed herself quickly.

“Thank you, my love. My goodness, she is dangerous! Perhaps we should simply kill her,” she said, eyeing the knife hovering a few inches from her jugular.

Suddenly, the blade turned around and shot toward Sasha, stopping inches from her chest.

Sasha sighed, defeated. “Finish her, darling,” Katja said.

Stop!” a man’s voice bellowed before Enid could release the blade.

The gunmen turned, raising their weapons, and pointed them at Zeb as he emerged from the darkness.

Katja held up her hand.

Her men lowered their weapons obediently.

“Master Zebediah! So nice to finally meet you,” Katja said amiably.

“Spare me the false pleasantries. I will make this simple; spare Sasha, and I will surrender to you,” Zeb said, holding up his hands.

Katja looked suspicious.

“You? The vaunted Shadow? He who can engage a hundred men, the great hypnotist, and magician? You expect me to believe you will not fight?” she said mockingly.

Zeb sighed, blood trickling down the side of his head.

“I cannot take you and your men out effectively before you kill Sasha. You are likely a skilled fighter, and your partner there has obvious, impressive power. Spare her, and I will surrender,” he offered again.

“I accept your offer, Master Zebediah. Besides, if we kill her, then you have no reason to hold back, and things will get messy as you fight will all your strength and skill to avenge her.

You likely have backup on the way, and I have reserve goons as well. You are a wise man,” Katja said with a nod.

“N-no! M-Master... please!” Sasha protested, sitting up weakly.

“Be silent, Thrall. I have made my decision,” Zeb commanded. “Y-yes, Master,” the stunned Sasha said, tears in her eyes.

She fell silent.

Zeb turned stoically to face Katja. “Do as you wish,” he said.

Katja smirked and nodded to Enid.

The hovering knife dropped to the ground, then slid away into the bushes.

“My dear Zebediah, you may rest assured, I shall do exactly that. Now look into my eyes…,” she said in a powerful voice.

The hypnotist’s eyes began to glow bright blue.

Zeb gasped as he was hit with a powerful jolt of hypnotic energy.

* * *

Christine was a bit drunk as her handsome twenty-year-old slave Matt walked her to her luxury sedan, which was parked down the street from Casey and Alex’s house.

He opened the back door and Christine slid inside.

“Take me home, I want you to bend me over something and fuck me hard from behind,” she said with a giggle.

“As you command, Mistress,” Matt replied, closing the door.

Christine was startled when the door on the other side of the car opened, and a beautiful Latina woman dressed in a red bodysuit and mask that concealed the upper half of her face entered the vehicle to sit next to her.

“Wait, what? Who are you?” Christine asked, fumbling for the pocket watch hanging around her neck.

The Latina woman was much faster; she pressed an auto-injector into Christine’s neck. The blonde hypnotist gasped.

“What the fuck…oh…I…,” Christine mumbled.

She suddenly felt as if she were dropping rapidly into a trance.

“Just relax, Christine…relax and let yourself sink into trance…dropping…you are very sleepy now…so relaxed…eyelids so heavy…just close them now and sleep…sleep…sleep…,” the Latina woman purred in her ear.

“N-no…how…I…sleep…,” Christine mumbled, eyelids fluttering.

The Latina woman smirked as Christine’s eyes closed and she slumped over.

The car’s driver-side door opened, and a blonde woman in a blue and silver bodysuit and a blue mask leaned in and hit the button to release the vehicle’s trunk.

“Did her stud give you any trouble?” the Latina asked.

“No, one blow and he was unconscious; just give me a minute to get him into the trunk.

What about her?” the blue-clad woman asked in reply.

The Latina woman smiled.

“She was half-drunk to begin with; she is out like a light. I love this Hypnolol; I need to steal more from the AHA,” Mercedes Jewel replied.

“You don’t need a fucking drug to hypnotize,” Bella Beguile scoffed.

She withdrew from the vehicle, and Mercedes waited patiently for her to put Matt in the trunk.

A moment later, Bella slid into the driver’s seat and started the engine. “Airport?” Bella asked.

“Airport,” Mercedes agreed.

As the car moved down the street, she leaned over and took a moment to deepen Christine’s trance with her actual hypnotism skills, speaking softly in her ear; the drug she had given her, while fast acting, only mimicked the effect of hypnosis for a short time.

“Did you get your personal business taken care of in Mariah’s house?” Mercedes asked after she was satisfied that Christine was deeply hypnotized.

Bella sighed and nodded.

“I did. Thank you for understanding,” she replied.

“Of course, darling. I want you to be happy,” Mercedes replied.

“I am, Mercedes. This is going to be an interesting trip,” Bella said, changing the subject.

Mercedes smiled.

“That it is, darling. That it is,” she agreed.