The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffee Shop.

Disclaimer. The following story, is a work of fiction. The characters portrayed within are a work of fiction as well, and any resemblance to any person, living or dead is a coincidence and unintentional.

Copyright © 1998. This story is the property of the author, Canadian Cowboy. Any duplication, in whole or in part, is forbidden without the express written consent of the author.

Part 10. Where’s The Fire?

After my success with Phil, I was eager to try and make another of my long time fantasies come true. Unlike Phil, though, there wasn’t going to be any revenge or money involved, and definitely NO humiliation. I had come much too close to stepping across that line and I did not intend to do so again.

It took several weeks, months actually, to obtain the information I wanted. I had to be subtle and it took some time to locate the people I needed to visit, and to ‘suggest to them’ what was needed to arrange my little ‘self help seminar’. My powers were slowly growing with time and practice. I was now able to super-hypnotize five or six people a day without feeling any undo strain or fatigue. My uppermost limit was ten people a day it seemed. After that, if I tried to do an eleventh person, I just did not have the strength. So, being the practical person that I am, I was sure to never super-hypnotize more that nine people a day. I wanted to keep that tenth position open in case of an emergency.

In the meantime, though, I had several more dates with Officer Steven Stokes. We were sleeping with each other nearly every weekend, even if it was only for one night a week, and there wasn’t any sex involved. He never pushed about that, and neither did I. I was happy to just be able to have a few nights with him, every now and then. It seemed a good relationship, and we were both happy with it. We were not able to see each other as often as we wanted to, but we managed to fit time together in our schedules. Steve was my devoted slave, in and out of hypnosis, and there was no question that he truly did love me. I was very fond of him also, but I was not sure if it was love. I thought it might be, and I was more than willing to spend some time to find out. We had lots of time to see where our relationship was going. I did hypnotize Steve a few times, but just for stress relief, or if he wanted to spend some time in hypnosis.

Once I even hypnotized him at work (he insisted, he said he was wound up tighter than a drum and needed to relax a bit), but I made sure that he did not address me as ‘sir’ then, since I did not want to raise any suspicions. It’s a good thing that I took such a precaution, since the shift sergeant interrupted us unexpectedly in the middle of Steve’s session. The sergeant was a bit skeptical of my explanation as to what was going on, until I asked him to think back over the last few weeks and recall if Officer Stokes job performance seemed to have improved lately. He reluctantly agreed with me, but made it clear that any more such ‘sessions’ would not be done on police grounds. I quickly assured him that would be the case. I felt lucky to get off that easily and not have to use my powers on the sergeant. He was a good looking guy as well, but not nearly as cute as Steve. Of course I told Steve what had happened, when I woke him up, and he agreed wholeheartedly that we should keep future sessions private.

I had no interest in any other man. Well, to be honest I was interested in other men, but only in passing. There was never anything serious as far as desire or want was concerned. Maybe a little lust every now and then, but nothing that I couldn’t handle. That is, until I met Jack..

I first saw Jack at a fire drill at our office. It is unusual for firemen to actually come out to a fire drill, but I guess that in this case they wanted to check their response time. I was just milling about with the rest of the staff waiting for the ‘all clear’ signal so that I could go back into the office and get back to work, when I noticed that one of the firemen in the engine company had gone off by himself for a bit. I needed to stretch my legs, so I followed him. (Okay, okay I did not need to stretch my legs. I was curious.) He went around the corner of the building and was out of my sight for a few seconds. When I turned the corner, he was standing there by the building with his back to me, and I could see puffs of blue smoke drifting away from near his head. He was smoking. Sensing someone behind him, he quickly dropped the half finished cigarette to the ground, and stepped on it to extinguish it. He then spun around and looked at me. I was speechless at what I saw.

His helmet was nestled in the crook of his arm, so I could clearly see his face and head. His hair was a sun bleached blond, but stringy and wet with sweat. He had a strong and firm face, but not rugged. His nose was in perfect proportion to the rest of his face, and his mouth was open in an ‘o’ of surprise, which revealed dazzling white teeth. The small and neatly trimmed, mustache between his lips and his nose was almost invisible since it was same color as his hair. His ears were unremarkable, but then again I’ve never really noticed ears. Who has? His eyes, though, they were was causing my tongue to stick to the roof of my mouth. They were the color of an afternoon spring sky. A beautiful piercing and penetrating blue. I felt lost in them momentarily. I blinked a couple of times and then noticed the rest of him. He was about five feet ten inches in height, maybe 170 pounds with a slim build. From what I could see of his body in that protective gear, I guess that he probably had a swimmer’s build.

“What do you want?” He asked me gruffly, in a barely polite tone of voice.

“I thought you might want to know, that your company is about to leave, sir,” I said to him.

“Thanks,” he replied, and stalked back to the fire engine. I was too smitten to do anything, even to use my power on him when I had the chance. Once the spell had worn off, a few seconds later, I was determined to find out who this man was, and to meet him again. I thought how nice it would be if I could help him to quit smoking, since a fireman smoking is not exactly an ideal image. (Okay, I admit it. I was hot for this guy, and I wanted his body....in my arms. But helping him to stop smoking would be an ideal way to introduce myself to him, and set something up.)

Since I did not know his name, but only the number of his fire engine company, it was 37 by the way, it took me some time to track down who he was and to obtain all the information about him that I could. Thanks to my mental abilities, it was not difficult to use the fire department’s own clerical staff to track down Jack Jones for me (that was his name) and tell me all about him. All it took was one meeting with the personal manager, to get the ball rolling. Of course I had to get past his secretary first, but she was easy enough to hypnotize, once I got her alone. The personal manager was just someone to help me, but I did help him in return. He is now doing what he has long wanted to be able to do...lose weight in a safe and healthy manner. I made sure that he did not connect me with this change in his life, though, since I wasn’t really interested in him, and he was happily married anyway. I pay my debts, though, even to managers.

So now that I knew all about Jack Jones, I had to figure out some way to meet him with the idea of helping him to stop smoking. I could have just used my power on him and made him come to me, but that would have been unnatural, and might have raised suspicions. That is when the idea of a ‘self help seminar’ came to mind. It took some visits to the fire station where he worked, so that I could set things up correctly. I decided to set up Jack Jones by first talking with his company captain.

I had to be careful how I approached Jack’s captain as well. I couldn’t just walk in off the street and zap him. I’m rather proud of the approach I used, because it was clever and subtle. After I had identified this man, I managed to arrange to encounter him alone in the washroom of the fire station. (I made the excuse that I desperately needed to use their facilities.) Once I made eye contact with him I simply asked him what his current problems were, and what the name of his favorite restaurant was. Then I removed all memory of our encounter in his mind, except that he would start to become aware that hypnosis might help him with his problems. The captain it turned out, was being inundated with paperwork and red tape which was causing him to develop an ulcer, that was definitely stress related. I had also arranged for the captain to be at his favorite restaurant on a certain night, and that he would pick the booth next to me, without realizing it. Then I waited for that particular night to arrive.

Steve and I got there early, about 30 minutes before the captain and his wife were scheduled to arrive. It was a simple matter for me to insure that one of the booths next to the one occupied by Steve and I remained empty. Soon after the captain and his wife were enjoying their meal, I turned the conversation with Steve over to the subject of hypnosis, and had him tell me how much he enjoyed his sessions and how much they were helping him. My earlier ‘eye contact’ with Jack’s captain had insured that he would find the conversation fascinating, and become very interested in it, since it was exactly the type of help he was looking for. By the end of our meal the captain had worked up the courage to talk to me and Steve about hypnosis and to arrange a session with me, at the captain’s home and with his wife present.

I know what you’re thinking, but that is not what happened. There was no sex, in fact nothing naughty happened at all. It took a couple of sessions before the captain and his wife noticed the difference in how he felt and behaved, but the change was one they were both enthused about. They wanted to thank me some how and offered to pay, but I told them that all I could accept was a free meal, since I was not a practicing therapist. The fact that I was not a therapist, did not seem to disturb them at all. I had made sure of that, in my own special way. With the captain convinced of how useful and helpful I was, I had only to wait until Jack Jones was directed my way, and if some of the other guys at Jack’s station came my way too, that would be an added bonus. It didn’t seem likely, though, as Jack was the only person who smoked at the station.

It took several weeks before anything happened. I wasn’t concerned though. I had lots of time, and besides I still had Steve to keep me company. I was growing more and more fond of him each day. Occasionally I’d call him by pet names when we were alone such as ‘love’, ‘darling’, ‘honey’ and ‘sweetie’. His eyes lit up and he smiled with joy each time I did. He was wonderful, but I couldn’t help thinking about Jack too.

Finally it happened. I got a call one Tuesday night while I was home alone. The voice on the other end was gruff and to the point, and very, very familiar. “Could I speak with Paul Walton, please?”

“Speaking,” I replied.

“Yeah, hi,” the voice replied. “This is Jack Jones. I’m a fireman with the 37th engine company and my captain said that you were someone I might want to talk to about breaking my smoking habit.”

“Yes, I think I can help you,” I said to him. “If you are interested and you would like to discuss it in further detail, we could arrange to meet sometime when it is convenient for you.”

“Yeah, sure,” the voice said in a very disinterested tone. “How about tomorrow night, if you have the time?”

“That would be fine, Mr. Jones,” I replied. “Would you like to come over to my place, at say 7:30 PM?”

“Make it 7, so I can get this over with, and have my evening free,” the voice said. Clearly Mr. Jones was hostile and uncooperative, and would have proven a most difficult subject for any hypnotist, but me.

“Fine,” I replied in a neutral tone of voice. “I will look forward to seeing you here at about 7 PM.” I gave him my address (which he did not thank me for), before he hung up the phone. Very hostile and very uncooperative. I wondered what his problem was. I’d find out soon enough.

* * *

The next day at work passed very well for me. Work was going well, and I was wearing one of my new Italian suits. I had been receiving my somewhat larger paycheck for a few months now and with the additional income I had decided to splurge and treat myself to some new clothes. By the way, I didn’t get the 15% increase that Phil had predicted....I got the full 20%...and it was mostly due to the warm and wonderful comments and recommendations Phil put down in my worker review. No, I didn’t suggest it to him....he did it all on his own. His new attitude to me had taken root in his mind, and I guess he felt a bit guilty about all the years when he’d been tricking me. Remember, he did not know that I knew all about it, and I was not about to remind him of those facts. A little guilt can be good for the soul...and for my wallet too. I did thank him for the pay raise, and mentioned to him that they gave me the asked for 20%. He just smiled at me, patted me on the back, and told me I was worth every penny. (Okay, so a little ego boost from the boss every now and then doesn’t hurt, either.)

As a reward to Phil, I asked him if he’d like me to hypnotize him during his lunch hour sometime soon. He couldn’t wait to check his schedule and arrange a time. All that happened, though was that I hypnotized him and helped him with his stress relief and with some relaxation. I did have him parade around for me, and show of his suit and pants, but I kept his excitement and pleasure strictly controlled. I did fondle his butt, and his crotch, but with his clothes on. Hey, I had to have a bit of harmless fun too ...I was giving up my lunch hour for this guy after all. Phil was actually a bit disappointed that I did not tell him to strip for me, but I explained that if we did that with EVERY session it wouldn’t be fun anymore. I compensated him for this disappointment by stimulating him into achieving a fantastic orgasm, with his cock wrapped securely in a towel. (Wouldn’t want to ruin his suit after all.) I also queried him as to where he obtained his silk boxer shorts and where he bought his suits. I was actually too embarrassed to ask him that outside of hypnosis, so I took the opportunity when it was presented to me.

So when I got home that evening, I was still wearing that nice suit when Mr. Jack Jones knocked on my door at 6:30 PM, a half hour early. I had just gotten home 10 minutes earlier and was about to microwave something, since I had wound up working a bit later than normal.

I opened the door and what I saw was a major disappointment. Jack Jones was dressed like a slob. He was wearing loose fitting dirty blue jeans with holes in the knees; an old stained sweatshirt that had seem better days; dirty, no more like muddy sneakers; a faded red (okay it was pink) baseball cap, and some type of formerly white (now a dirty and dingy gray) light jacket. His face was unshaven and streaked with dirt, his hair looked sweaty and dirty, and to put it bluntly...he smelled.

“Hope, you don’t mind, but I didn’t have time to get cleaned up before I came over,” he said to me. It was a lie. The guy was 30 minutes early. He could have cleaned himself up, if he’d wanted to. The questions were, why didn’t he want to clean up, and why was he early. “Sorry to come early but there’s something else I have to take care of later and I’ll probably have to cut this session or seminar thing with you a bit short.”

“No problem, come on in,” I said to him in my most pleasant and professional voice. “Would you like a cup of coffee before we start? I asked him.

“No thanks,” he replied. “Let’s just get started. I think this is going to be a big waste of your time and mine, but my captain insisted that I come and see you. He claims that you’re really good at this hypnosis stuff, and maybe you are. It seems to have worked for him. I don’t think you’re going to be as lucky with me, though.”

If he had painted a billboard sign with the message, “I’m not going to let you hypnotize me”, it could not have been more obvious, that Jack just did not want to be hypnotized. He had come here because of his captain, but not for himself. Ordinarily this would have created a big problem for me, using normal hypnosis. But I wasn’t going to use normal hypnosis. Again I could have just mentally commanded him and put him under in just a few seconds, but what fun would that have been?. Odd as it may seem to you, I really did want to help Jack to stop smoking....but for personal reasons. Kissing a guy who smokes is like kissing an ashtray. Not that I go around kissing ashtrays you understand, but you get the idea.

So, I would have to use another approach, and try to win his trust and confidence. I didn’t need either, but this man was so on edge that he was starting to make me uncomfortable. Best to go slow, and just try and get him to calm down. I decided to start by talking to him about smoking, and said that if he wanted to smoke right now it was okay with me.

“Gee, thanks,” Jack replied. “With all the anti-smoking laws and such there aren’t many places these days where I’m welcome to smoke.”

“That is true,” I said to him. “I think if you have a cigarette you might relax a bit and we can maybe talk a bit. Are you sure you won’t have that coffee?” I asked him again.

“Well, okay,” he replied. “I do enjoy smoking when I have a coffee.”

I won’t boar you with the details of our talk, other than to say that with the occasional mental ‘nudge’ from me, Jack finally started to open up to me and tell me what was really bothering him about this session, and coming to see me. He really did want to stop smoking it turned out, but he was scared about hypnosis and that he’d have to give up control of himself to someone else. It was the classic ‘fear of hypnosis’ case. It took about an hour, even with my mental ‘nudges’ before I had convinced Jack that hypnosis was not mind control, and that he would be perfectly safe with me, because he was the one in control at all times. (Okay, so I lied to him. But as Mary said, this power of mine had to be a secret. )

We wound up talking for about an hour and a half before he noticed the time. He started to apologize for taking up so much of my time, especially as it was clear to him that we would not be doing a session tonight. I just looked at him and told that it was his decision, and that I had enjoyed our conversation in any case because I loved to talk about hypnosis. Jack just looked at me, for a second or two with a puzzled expression. Then he said to me, “Paul, all evening I’ve been putting you off about this hypnosis stuff, and avoiding it Haven’t you noticed how I keep sidestepping the idea?”

“Yes,” I said to him. “I noticed that. But look me right in the eyes, Jack, and tell me that you really don’t want to try a hypnosis session with me tonight.” As soon as Jack made eye contact with me, I sent him the mental commands, “You want to try hypnosis tonight. Right now in fact. You want to try it very badly. When you hear me say, ‘Just try to make yourself comfortable’, the induction will begin. You will find it easy to follow along with the suggestions and they will take effect quickly.” (You were expecting me to do something else with this guy? Get real!)

Jack blinked a few times as my ‘suggestions’ took hold, and then he said to me, “Well, okay. I guess we could try it tonight, since I’m here anyway. But I really don’t think it is going to work. Still, if you want to waste your time trying, I’m game. So what do I do?”

“Well, to begin with,” I said to him. “Just try to make yourself comfortable, as you sit there in the chair. And when you are comfortable, just pick out something to look at, such as the clock on the wall for example. Just turn your chair so that you can look at the clock on the wall, and just listen.” Jack shifted his chair around and after a bit of shifting around finally made himself comfortable. He brought his gaze up to look at the wall clock in the kitchen, and focused his attention on the clock face.

“That’s fine.” I told him. “Now just try to make yourself a bit more comfortable, as you start to become aware of exactly where the various parts of your body are. Take a couple of slow deep breaths, and let them out. You’ll feel a bit better as you do. That’s not hypnosis, just a very simple relaxation technique. As you look at the clock, Jack, just let your eyes follow the second hand as it moves around in a smooth steady circle. Let your eyes follow it without any strain or effort. You’ll find that soon and very soon indeed, you start to become more aware of your body and how it feels with each circuit that the second hand of the clock makes.” Jack was following along with my suggestions but only half heartily. He was looking away from the clock face and back at me, every time it completed a circuit. I wasn’t concerned. I knew the suggestions would start to become more effective with a bit more time.

“That’s good,” I told him. “You’re doing fine. Just keep your eyes on the clock face and follow the second hand as it travels around. You’ll soon become ware of the pressure of your feet as they press down in your sneakers, and weight of your arms in your lap. And as you become ware of these sensations you’ll notice that with each number that the second hand passes, the sensations increase just a tiny little bit. And each time you feel these sensations happen, you just nod your head slightly, and continue to follow the second hand as it moves around and around the clock face.” It took only a minute or two before Jack’s eyes became locked on following the second hand of the clock. He was not wrenching his eyes back to look at me. I could see his head nod a few times, just a tiny little bit, as the suggestions began to take hold.

“The second hand just travels around and around, Jack,” I said to him. “And as it passes each number you find it easier and easier to keep following it around, as it moves at a steady smooth pace. You’re starting to find watching the second hand to be a bit relaxing, because it is so easy to do. I can see it in your face as the muscles around your eyes are starting to relax. It is quiet and peaceful here, and that makes it even easier to continue watching the second hand as it goes around and around, Jack. Quiet, peaceful, and relaxing, Jack. Watching the second hand is kind of relaxing, as it moves from number to number to number, and it just gets easier and easier to keep watching it, Jack.”

Jack’s gaze was now fixed on the clock and his head was nodding a more frequently now. His face was starting to look calm and peaceful as he continued to follow the second hand of the clock. I knew it was time to start piling on the suggestions. I’d already lost an hour and a half just talking to him.

“The relaxation around your eyes starts to increase and move across your face, as the second hand moves from number to number, Jack. You notice your breathing has changed and become even and regular, as you feel the relaxation move out from your face and over your entire body...spreading out as the second hand moves from number to number to number. Following the second hand along as it leads you deeper into relaxation, Jack. As it leads you to a special place of your own where you can feel yourself going down deeper and deeper into relaxation. And the deeper you go, the better you feel and the better you feel the deeper you go..” I could see Jack’s body begin to go limp with each passing second now. He was sliding easy into a very deep state of hypnosis.

“Finding it easier and easier to keep going deeper with each number that the second hand passes over, Jack. Sliding down deeper and deeper into relaxation and feeling better and better. Becoming so relaxed and comfortable that you notice your eyes are starting to get a bit tired....you’ve been starting at the second hand so long. And soon and very soon indeed with each number the second hand passes over, your eyes become more and more tired, as you go down deeper and deeper. Having to blink your eyes more and more often to keep them open, so you can continue to follow the second hand as it moves and takes you down deeper and deeper.”

Jack was blinking his eyes a lot now, and of it’s own accord his head was slowly starting to drop down which made it harder and harder for him to keep looking at the clock. After about fifteen seconds of watching him struggle like this, I just reached over to his forehead and pressed his head to his chest while saying to him “Sleep, now.” His body when so limp and relaxed that he started to slide out of the chair and onto the floor. I barely caught him in time. I decided it was time to get to work.

“Jack, how do you feel?” I asked him.

“Good. Relaxed. Comfortable. At peace,” he replied.

“How do you feel about me, and about being hypnotized right now?” I queried him.

“I like you, and how you’ve made me feel. I never thought it would feel so good to be hypnotized. Thank you,” Jack replied.

“You’re more than welcome, Jack” I told him. “Now, do you want to go even deeper? Would you like to feel even better?” I asked him.

“Oh, yes, please. Please take me deeper. Feels so good,” Jack replied with a slight whimper in his voice.

“Jack, I am gong to count backward from 10 to 0,” I said to him. “With each and every descending number you will feel your self becoming more relaxed and more comfortable, as you drift down deeper and deeper. No matter how deep you go, you cannot slip, slide, fall or topple out the chair you are sitting in. And when I reach 0, Jack, you will go ten times deeper than ever before, and you will feel compelled to tell me what you most want to do. And each and every time I say to you, “the fire hydrant is blue”, you will return to this state easily and quickly, going down twice as fast and twice as deep as before. When you are ready for me to start the count, just tell me.”

It was only a few heartbeats later that Jack softly said, “Ready.”

“Ten. Starting to slip down deeper and deeper, Jack,” I told him. “Nine. Going down even deeper now. Eight going down deeper and deeper and as you go down deeper your arms start to get lighter and lighter. Seven. Arms getting lighter the deeper you go.” (I could see his arms start to stir as I said ‘seven’.) “Six. Letting go very easily, going down deeper and deeper and dropping down faster and faster as your arms get lighter and lighter and just continue to float upward. Five. Impossible to even try to keep your arms down as they float higher and higher as you go deeper and deeper” (Jack’s arms were floating straight up now.) “Four. Going even deeper and it becomes even easier to just keep going down deeper and deeper. Arms so light that they start to pull you up onto your feet. Three. Going down even faster now. Going down even deeper. Arms pulling you up on to your feet easily now.” (Jack was now standing up on his feet and stretching his arms up to the ceiling.) “Two. Letting go completely as you drift down deeper and deeper. One. Going even deeper now. Zero. Ten times deeper than you were a moment ago.” I stopped talking as I waited to see what Jack would say to me.

He stood there with his arms stretched up in the air for a few moments and then he said to me, “Feels very good. Want to stop smoking. Can’t seem to stop, and hope you can help me. Don’t know if I can give up enough control to let you make me not smoke any more.” Interesting. There was a simple way to fix that. Besides there were some questions I wanted answers to, and I didn’t want Jack to lie to me.

“Jack, open your eyes and look at me....right in the eyes,” I said to him. When he had complied, without saying a word, I sent some mental commands to him. “Jack, I have brought you to a wonderful state of hypnosis right now, and so you trust me. Completely. You know that since I have successfully hypnotized your captain, and he had no problems, that neither will you. It feels more wonderful in hypnosis because you trust me. And so you do.”

Speaking out loud I asked him, “Jack, do you trust me?”

“Yes,” he replied. “I trust you. Completely. You are a very nice person to have done this for me. I feel so good now. ”

“Fine, Jack,” I said to him. ‘I know that you want to stop smoking, but it would be bad for you to quickly ‘cold turkey’. Instead, each and every time you feel the urge for a cigarette, or you just automatically grab a cigarette, you will become very aware of exactly what you are doing and why. You will realize that smoking has become a habit with you, and it is one that you want to break. So, instead of smoking the entire cigarette you will smoke just half of it and throw the rest of it away. You will find that this becomes easier and easier to do, each time you do it. In about a week you will find that you are smoking a lot less than you normally do, and you will feel much better, mentally and physically.” Once Jack had understood and accepted these suggestions I brought him out with a quick count.

“Wha....what happened?” He asked me. “Why are my arms up in the air? Hey, I can’t lower them. I’m not kidding, Paul. I CAN”T LOWER THEM! WHAT’S GOING ON?”

Oops. I’d forgotten to take that suggestion away. But it turned out to be an excellent way to prove to this skeptic that he had been hypnotized. I corrected that oversight by quickly hypnotizing Jack again, and telling him that he would be able to lower his arms when I woke him up. I explained to Jack about the post hypnotic suggestion, and then asked him how he felt, and if he wanted a cigarette.

“I feel pretty good, actually,” he said to me. “But not being able to lower my arms was a hell of a surprise and it kind of scared me at first. I guess I have to admit it, though....you did hypnotize me.” He absently retrieved a cigarette from his jacket pocket and started to bring a lighted match to the cigarette, when he paused for a second. Then he lit the cigarette and started to smoke it. I asked him why he paused when he lit it, and he said that he was just thinking about how much he really wanted to quit and he hoped the hypnosis was going to help.

“It already has,” I said to him.

“What do you mean?” He asked me, with just a touch of worry in his voice.

“Only that you put out the cigarette after you’d smoked only half of it,” I replied. “You were not smoking like that before we started your first session.”

“Gee, you’re right,” he said with a touch of amazement in his voice. ‘And I don’t even want to smoke the rest of it. Hey, this is starting to work. Could you put me back under again tonight? I kind of like how it feels.”

“Sure,” I said to him. “The fire hydrant is blue.” With that Jack’s body went completely limp, as his eyes closed and his head nodded forward to his chest. I decided to get a few answers to some questions that had been puzzling me all evening.

“Jack,” I said to him. “Just answer my questions to the best of your ability, and go even deeper as you do.”

“Yes. Answer questions,” he replied immediately. “Feels good to go deeper.”

“Why are you dressed like that, Jack? Do you normally dress so sloppily? Do you know that you have a slightly offensive odor emanating from you? Why is that? Is this normal for you?” I asked him.

“Didn’t want you to like me,” Jack said, and I could hear the regret in his voice. “Thought this was going to be a big waste of my time, and wanted you to be annoyed with me so you’d just cancel this evening and send me on my way. Then I could go home and shower and change into some clean clothes.”

“I see,” I said to him. “And now?”

“Now, I want you to hypnotize me. I really like it a lot. I’m sorry. Really I am. I promise I won’t do this again. I’ll always shower and wear clean clothes when we get together for a session like this. That is....if you are willing to hypnotize me again. Please, will you? Pretty please?” Jack asked in a pleading and wistful voice.

“Of course, I will,” I told him. His face became relaxed and calm at hearing that and he just smiled a big smile. “We can work something out I’m sure. All I ask is that you wear something nice for the next session, and not these grub clothes, okay?”

“Sure thing,” he quickly replied. “Thanks for giving me another chance. I won’t let you down, I promise.” I quickly counted him out, since I was finished with him for the evening. He didn’t remember anything about his session, other than how good he felt and that he would be more strongly motivated not to smoke as much. I told him that in about a week or so, when he noticed how much less he was smoking, and how much better he felt in general, he should contact me for another session.

I made a pot of tea, and we talked for a bit. During the conversation, I noticed that he was subtly sniffing at himself as if he only now noticed the slight body order he emanated. I could see some distaste on his face as he noticed just how shabbily he was dressed. I didn’t say anything though, since I knew he felt bad enough. When he finally left about a half an hour later, we had discovered some common interests, such as chess, and were starting to develop a friendship. I looked forward to his call in about a week, and to his next session with me.