The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“The Coming of the Houri”

DISCLAIMER

This story is copyright © 2007 Danny Lilithborne, and may only be reproduced at the Erotic Mind Control Stories Archive (http://www.mcstories.com). Any other reproduction is a violation of the legal rights of the author and is subject to prosecution.

* * *

PART FIVE: The Questions of Contentment

* * *

In the name of Zulaikha, that innocent who surrendered to a vision of possessive madness for the sake of Love!

I shall now tell you the truth about a certain religion that, for the sake of justice, shall go unnamed in this particular volume.

Men and women are not the same. Men are happiest when they are putting their life on the line for something they believe in. They feel their life has no other purpose than doing that. They chase after death so they can call themselves brave.

But in the end, to this day, they’re still living like mental slaves. Proper respect to Dante... Terrell Smith.

So when the wars were over, men invented a mythology to keep other men happy. Most of that involves our kind. We’re supposed to love those who sacrifice their lives in the path of God.

Unfortunately, houri don’t suffer fools gladly.

We’ve come to humans before. We’ve tried to inspire you. When you disbelieve in us or scoff at us, it encourages us to stick around. We’ve got patience in spades. But it’s not unlimited. Eventually, if you keep ignoring us, we’ll leave.

However, if you try to treat us like a sex object, we will leave immediately. And we won’t come back.

So, yes, men are still blowing themselves up for the sake of getting laid in paradise. And yes, they’re going to be disappointed. Suicide is no way to escape from life. In death, you’ll face all the same problems you tried to get away from. It’s called judgment, and that’s where the angels come in. Believe you me... you don’t want to have to face them nitpicking at every little thing you did wrong.

But hey, you can always reincarnate and skip that whole celestial “This Is Your Life” mess.

But isn’t one life hard enough?

* * *

Savannah was a stubborn old bird.

Aaron still held his job as assistant manager of Spirit of the Moon, which prevented me from being able to expand our growing entourage. His relationships with Jennifer and Betty were blossoming, but what could I do? It’s not like I could kill Savannah.

On that note...

Savannah made me uncomfortable. Most of the time, I can read everyone’s life story by looking in their eyes. And even if I don’t have that benefit, I have a form of omniscience which allows me to get the general gist of someone’s character through something they’ve worn or handled. It’s a heightened psychic sense.

But Savannah? Nothing, nathan, nada.

It bugged me that I couldn’t read her, but I felt nervous about doing something directly. I didn’t want to complicate my plans for Aaron’s career, plus I never received a sign that I should be concerned...

...Until one night.

Aaron had a dream. I was sleeping with him that night, so he didn’t have to tell me what it was. Savannah was in it, dead, surrounded by flowers and light. Except...

I’m going to jump to the interesting part, reader.

* * *

It had been six months since Aaron Vaudevil worked as Spirit of the Moon’s assistant manager.

Jenny Clevenger had found a new job—ironically, waiting tables; Betty Pérez’ old job. She did a decent job of it; she always liked to help people. However, some days were more trying than others. Her friendship with Betty, who had experience with those bad days, helped her out immensely.

Aaron did his job somewhat monotonously. In another facet of cosmic irony, it was his disbelief in astrology that caused him to become so well-known locally as a great reader. He never told anyone what they wanted to hear, and tried steadfastly to only read the cards as objectively as possible.

One day, I came into his work. He was eating lunch, and I knew Savannah would be there, taking some of her limited time to continue to run the store. As expected, she was behind the counter, counting change. I looked over her body. Again, nothing. I could only see what her body told me. She looked to be in her sixties, maybe seventies, with deteriorating health. Her aura displayed signs of heart failure.

Then, she said something that stunned me.

“Unsayi, Jibrila,” she said.

Of course...

“Svetlana,” I said. “You’re a...”

She took out a cigarette and lit it. “I’m surprised you haven’t figured it out yet, my dear,” she said. “Come. We have much to talk about.”

I don’t know what happened here; I just found myself in the reading room. Savannah was shuffling the cards.

“Who are you?” I said, suddenly shocked that the cards were not all in my hands for once.

“Your Mars is rising,” Svetlana responded. “It’s no surprise that you’re upset, jarred; but the answers will come.”

I shook my head. “Humans are ruled by the planets, not our kind,” I said.

“Oh, pish posh,” she said. “God wouldn’t have created us in His image just to exempt us from all the rules He gave to them.”

I struggled to understand. “You... so you fell?”

“Houri can’t fall,” Svetlana replied. “Look in my eyes.”

For some reason, I obeyed her command, and suddenly all the veils were lifted. I saw her for who she really was. Her greying hair had vanished, leaving a mane of fire in its wake. Her eyes, black as night, and her skin olive. No signs of age.

And then just like that, Svetlana was Svetlana again.

“Gabrielle, you made a choice when you decided that Aaron was the Messiah,” she said. “That choice had consequences. Now... listen to my words. I’m going to do a reading for you, my dear.”

My skin was like ice. My eyes fluttered here and there.

My panties had suddenly become damp.

“The five of wands in your Mercury,” she said. “That’s a good sign. Your Mars is in opposition to Mercury right now, so it’s helpful to have some creativity in your plans.”

“You skipped the Sun and the Moon,” I noted darkly.

“You’re quite perceptive, Gabrielle,” Svetlana said, and winked. I suddenly saw that beautiful maiden of Heaven before me again, for a moment, and crossed my legs tighter. This was starting to bug me.

“Judgment in Venus,” Svetlana went on, and chuckled. “Of course. You’re going to have to choose who you love more—Man or God.”

The seriousness of my predicament suddenly hit my nerves like Gideon’s trumpet. “This is... serious,” I said. “You’re really a houri.”

“’That on which no man hath ever gazed,’ or so the story goes.” Svetlana shuffled her card deck. “So Gabrielle... what’s your choice? The temporal, or the eternal?”

If only she weren’t so damn hot when she was forcing herself on me...

“You know it just as well as I do, whoever you are,” I replied, adjusting my skirt. “The spirit of love is dead in this world, and I’ve only found it in him.”

“King of Pentacles in Mars. Uh oh.”

“Uh oh what?”

Svetlana just smiled. “Shall we move on?” she asked. “Or should we just cut this reading short and fuck right now?”

...Woah.

“You’re too old for me,” I quipped.

“As long as you look me in the eyes, it shouldn’t be a problem. Hmmm, the Hierophant in Jupiter. Interesting...”

My mind was getting foggy. I couldn’t think straight. I wanted to be in Aaron’s arms, not here. Here was dangerous, here forced me to choose. No, I could leave anytime I want...

Svetlana stared sternly at me. “Do you want to save Aaron?”

I touched my heart, which suddenly ached terribly. “Yes,” I gasped.

“Aaron is the Hanged Man,” Svetlana said. “All my readings have reaffirmed this, and you know what that means. Now, I have the Hierophant as Jupiter, which is a double card. Jupiter has become a planet of physical strength and evanescence.”

“I don’t... understand,” I said, desperately wanting to. My face turned red.

“Of course you don’t,” Svetlana replied. “The Fool for Saturn. Now this is rich.”

“Let me guess. I’m the Fool.”

“Oh, no, my dear. There’s no card in this deck that can contain you.” Svetlana touched her deck of cards once. “Although the next card might come close. I wonder what Uranus has in store for you!”

Damn you, woman! My heat flushed intensely. I wanted to stop this farce and just eat her out until her human body died and her houri self evaporated into smoke. I haven’t felt sexuality this strong since the Dark Ages.

“Why, what do you know? Your card is Death!” Svetlana chuckled, and I could tell in that laughter that she hadn’t had a genuine laugh in quite some time. She lit up another cigarette.

I felt a tear form in my eye. “Is Aaron going to die?”

Svetlana smirked. “How’s my Oracle imitation going so far?” she asked.

“I hate ‘The Matrix’,” I spat. “Let’s just get it over with so we can fuck.”

“There’s two cards left in your reading. It all rides on what you choose, my dear.” She then presented the deck to me. “Draw two random cards,” she commanded.

I pulled the two cards from the bottom of the deck, and looked at them.

“Ready for some sex?” Svetlana said. She had dropped her human veil.

I can’t say no to a nice lady...

* * *

Aaron Vaudevil returned from lunch to find me standing there.

“H-hey, Gabrielle,” he stammered. He was saying my name easily now, but still evading my gaze. Clever boy.

I’m sure he could see by the state of my body that I had just had an... experience.

“Aaron,” I said. “We have to talk.”

Aaron closed his eyes, and I felt his fear. It was palpable. Perhaps he had known his destiny from the start?

I opened my mouth, but nothing came out.

I tried again. Nothing.

Had I... forgotten?

“What is it, Gabrielle?” Aaron said, glancing in my direction. I closed my eyes quickly.

“She and I had a talk.” Savannah Eirene was there, all human as you please and smoking her trashy cigarette. “We think you’re ready. I’ll give you a week of tarot training and then you’ll be ready to take this place on.”

“W...what? So quickly?” Aaron stumbled backward onto a couch.

“The old ticker ain’t doing so good,” Savannah said, thumping her chest a bit for effect. “I think I’m gonna move back home and just retire in peace. I’ve had enough. Besides, the cards told me it was time...”

“The cards, nothing,” I said reactively. “Aaron, listen to me, it’s not the right time y...”

“Unsayi, Jibrila.”

And that was it. Debate over.

Aaron’s eyes were blank. The words of a houri, when spoken in its truest form, had powerful effects on humans. I feared for his mind.

“Don’t worry about Aaron,” Svetlana said. “I have far more control over my powers than you’ve managed. Besides, he’s an honest kid, and honest people don’t need to have a good memory.”

I sighed quietly, thoroughly humbled in the presence of someone superior to me. “Won’t you at least... stay with us?”

“Me? Ha! I’d kill the poor kid. Besides... He is calling us back, you know.” She obviously wasn’t referring to Aaron.

“I know,” I whispered. “I know what’s going to happen. But... Aaron doesn’t have to fight yet. He’s got to get much, much stronger.”

Svetlana walked over to Aaron and petted his hair.

“In a way, I’m jealous of you, Gabrielle,” she said. “I’ve always hungered for more, higher, brighter. And there’s really nothing like that left here. We all burned out on our own concupiscence. But you... you’ve got a good heart.”

I shook my head. “I’m a trickster.”

“A lot of His great people were. Hey, you know the right choice to make. Aaron will be fine, as long as you understand that.”

She then winked.

“See you around, kid.”

And just like that, Savannah Eirene was gone.

* * *

After lunch, I invited Jenny over to shop with me. I wasn’t going to let a huge revelation such as Svetlana’s ruin my day.

I thought I’d use the time to establish some more details of our new relationship...

“Jenny, can we talk a bit?” I said, looking her in the eye as we wandered through the mall.

I took her hand in mind as she fell into trance.

In the name of Zulaikha...

* * *

PART SIX: “The Depths of Wonderment”