The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: A Hill of Beans

Author: Redsliver

Chapter 8

* * *

Harper scowled at the opening door before her eyes adjusted to the hallway light and recognized Morwen. The crash of feelings that swept over Harper: fear of the witch, anger at the situation, relief of boredom and loneliness, were overrolled in a blink. Harper’s eyes flashed with impatience.

“Willful,” Morwen shook her head. “Don’t let it get in my way, so long as it doesn’t interrupt my work, have your fits.”

“What the fuck is your work?”

Morwen didn’t answer. She turned, the long skirt of her conservative black dress floated around the clicks of her stilettos. She left the door open. Harper sneered.

The momentary spark of “Fuck you, witch!” lasted through Harper crossing her arms and pouting. She couldn’t commit to it. She had to get out of her cell. She pushed herself up and rushed out the door.

Her room, her cell, was at the end of the hallway. There were a few more green painted steel doors, but they were locked fast. She had no choice but to follow down the hallway after Morwen.

“You’re hungry.”

“Very,” Harper said, running her hand over her stomach.

“Good, you can survive some hunger,” Morwen said. “But I can’t survive your smell.”

“I used the bucket,” Harper grumbled out quickly. She scowled and put her shoulders up higher. “If you want me to smell better. You’d have put a shower in my room.”

“You also need a change of clothes. No shower, but I’ve prepared a bath. It’s too difficult to get consistently running water here,” Morwen said. She pushed open the left side of a tall red painted door. They left a poured concrete floor and stepped out into a laid stone castle hallway. Morwen turned left.

Harper stopped. There were other ways to go now.

A change of clothes and a bath were more attractive than getting lost in a castle.

Where had they gone? The closest thing to a castle she knew of was the old French fortress a few miles out of town. Enough elementary school field trips told Harper that this wasn’t the fortress.

She ran to catch up with Morwen.

“Ooh,” she couldn’t help but hold her side. “I need to eat too.”

“You will need to eat,” Morwen agreed, but said no more.

They entered a new hallway. Tall windows on their left looked over a vegetable garden. Skinny women, all older than Harper, the youngest by maybe ten years, the eldest was probably an octogenarian, quietly tended the vegetables.

Harper stopped.

“They’re not growing produce for you.” Morwen’s voice cut back from the end of the hallway.

Harper’s stomach gurgled. Reminded of her hunger, she winced. That wasn’t what she was thinking. She was looking at the cloudless sky overhead and at the massive greenery rolling out of the long stone planters. It was easy to recognize beanstalks and pumpkins, but the other tufts of greens could’ve been anything underground.

It was March.

Pumpkins shouldn’t be that big in March.

Maybe in a greenhouse. Not under an open sky.

“Time is expensive,” Morwen said. “You’re lucky you’re valuable right now.”

You’re lucky I didn’t take to karate like Dad had wanted. Harper turned and smiled bloody murder at Morwen. Morwen’s dark purple lips curled maliciously. She walked through the doors, reaching to her neck as she did.

Harper didn’t hurry when she followed this time. If she had on shoes, she’d have stomped worse than any pissed off tantrum she had ever thrown. She walked into a large marble tiled room. The floor in the middle of the room had been cut out and lined with copper. Steaming water sat placidly. A dress, as bland as Morwen’s and as ugly brown as the gardening women lay folded on a bench.

Morwen stood next to it and was folding her dress. She wore a silk chemise and matching panties for underwear. She stepped out of her shoes, losing three inches, and ending up shorter than Harper.

“Am I supposed to join you?” Harper scowled.

Morwen smiled, she was incredibly pretty. Harper crossed her arms hard and glared brutally.

“As I said, time is expensive,” Morwen said. “And with your purchase, you need to be instructed in how I like to be served.”

“I’m not a lesbian,” Harper shook her head. She turned to leave. She hadn’t closed the door behind her, but it was closed when she looked. Harper marched over and pulled the handle. The door was locked fast.

“When I choose for you to be a lesbian, you will be,” Morwen said, walking naked down into the bath, showing Harper there were steps to access. “Right now, I just want you to be clean.”

Harper tried to use her heat vision to carve Morwen into charred cubes. She felt impotent as she arrived at the edge of the tub. No clothes on. No fiery death beams blasting out of her eyes.

Harper shivered. She hated this more than she was willing to show. She had hated the change room at school. She hadn’t taken phys ed in high school because she was done with freaking out waiting for the girls who looked like Morwen to say something gross to her.

Morwen wasn’t winning this round though. Harper sneered and asked: “Where’s the soap and shampoo?”

Morwen crossed the pool to the opposite end. It was just deeper than her navel in the middle. She held up a green plastic bottle of body wash and put it down next to a spread of others.

The cells had looked like a bunker from World War Two. The hallways had been an old castle. The bath was like some rich palace from when people wore white powdered wigs and fought with muskets. The bottles and soaps could’ve come out of the supermarket twenty minutes from Harper’s house.

“When are we?” Harper asked.

Morwen laughed and smiled. She had to be pretty when she was naked too? Even with the makeup washed from her eyes and lips? And there was nothing to use as a weapon.

“Time only goes in one direction, Harper,” Morwen said, as Harper flinched, putting her toe in the hot water. “It’s the same time for you as it is for everyone you love.”

“For me? But not for you?”

“Hurry up and show some backbone,” Morwen said. “The water’s not that hot. We have a long day ahead of us.”

* * *

Zita couldn’t mimic the beautiful bright smile and invincible confidence Lilith was showing. Zita felt all of that on the inside. On the outside, she was angry. Lilith was just seeing Richie as a conquest.

He was a beautiful loving man. Not some gross guy to fuck once and wipe her hands clean with.

“I need to look at the good guys who’ve settled for not so great girls,” Lilith said. “Don’t tell Harper. Jesus, she’d kill me. But man, when a guy’s with someone like Harp, he learns to really handle a girl!”

Zita scowled. “Then why’d he kick us out?”

“You heard his mom screaming?” Lilith said. “I think he wanted to avoid the ‘Me and Harper are having an open relationship’ talk.”

“But—”

“And I sure as shit didn’t want to have the ‘Oh my god! There’s a fucking rat in my kitchen!’” Lilith giggled after her poor impression of Mrs Jackson. “Rats. Ew.”

“They’re supposed to make good pets.” Zita didn’t know why she was defending the situation. “They’re smart and friendly. Like to play.”

“Yeah, those are ones bred for pets. Not gross sewer rats,” Lilith said, shuddering. She stopped and grabbed Zita’s face. Lilith turned Zita left and right. “Let’s go to your place.”

“Why?”

“We gotta get rid of Perla,” Lilith said. “You need to pick out better clothes for next time you go over. Plus your mom’s cooking is better than mine.”

“Then why is your sister the fat one?” Zita snarled and then rushed to catch up with Lilith who had already headed out for Zita’s.

* * *

Flo locked the dining room, her shift nearly over once the overnights got their breaks over with. Her fingers shook, she hadn’t been this horny since she had lost her virginity. That spring semester of grade 10 had basically been a fog of orgasms. Her heart was pounding now.

She saw Richie if she closed her eyes.

She practically didn’t blink.

She was worried. If he had been working tonight, would she have dragged him to the storeroom? There was a blindspot of the cameras between the sleeves of drink tops and the boxes of concentrated pop syrup.

From the cameras, but not the traffic in the restaurant. She took a heavy breath. She remembered that night she had left her son alone at her house. Three cars. So many pretty girls. Oksana.

The little lesbian was enthralled by Richie. What had happened? Was there some sort of nympho plague spreading from him? But he hadn’t followed Oksana had he? No, he and that little redhead had driven away down route 4.

She blinked. She had been standing still at the dining room doors, zoned out, for almost a full minute. She clacked her teeth, hoping to shake the cobwebs free in her mind. She turned and headed by the bathrooms, clicked the code into the door, and headed around the back.

“Hey, how’re you holding up?” she asked, smiling at the new hire… “Pablo?” She was happy she got it without looking at his nametag.

“It’s not so bad,” he answered, throwing the wrapped Whopper down the slide under the heat lamps. “People don’t suck.”

“It’ll be even better tomorrow,” she said, absently letting her mind wander again to Richie.

“Because Oksana’s off tomorrow?” Jimmy laughed.

“Can’t be,” Pablo said.

“I feel you, buddy. Cool your jets though. She’s into girls,” Jimmy warned.

“What a great starting point, we have that in common,” Pablo said, grinning.

“Keep that talk off the floor,” Flo said, shaking her head. “Anyway, Pablo, I hope you don’t mind that I scheduled you last for your break,” Flo said, washing her hands after having tied on an apron. She didn’t often work the back end, but Pablo hadn’t yet been trained at the fry station. She walked up to say: “Hey, you can clock out now, Jimmy.”

“Cool beans,” he said. “See you in thirty!”

He waved and headed out front to a register to clock out. The chatter immediately started in everyone’s headset. Flo dropped a basket of onion rings. It was a Thursday night. She was hoping for a rush. Work would keep her mind working.

It did pick up, until Jimmy returned. Flo smiled and headed to the front window where Oksana was running out orders to the cars.

“Soon as you get a moment to breathe,” Flo said.

“Yeah,” Oksana said, with her work smile. “Breathing’s good.”

They traded places, with five cars still backed up behind the order box. Oksana headed to the back. No more cars filled up the line. Flo was soon alone with her thoughts. She had the headset on, she’d know if she was needed.

She rushed to the back.

Oksana was eating healthier than on her last few shifts. Flo closed the break room door behind her and joined Oksana.

“Hi,” she said.

“Hi,” Oksana said, frowning around a celery stick.

“How are things? Seeing anyone?”

“Are you hitting on me?” Oksana frowned sadly. “Damn. A week ago, and…”

“No, I’m not hitting on you. I need this job,” Flo said, turning red faced. “I was… I saw you with that, um, waitress girl. From, uh… Shit, what’s the diner’s name? Across the parking lot and I don’t—”

“Alice’s.”

“Right, that Alice’s waitress,” Flo said. She kept her hands behind her back and tried to smile, but it wasn’t working. “She’s very cute.”

“No,” Oksana frowned. “I really don’t think she’s into girls.”

“Damn,” Flo said. “What about… There was a redheaded girl who met you earlier, right?”

“Caitlin?” Oksana tilted her head. “She’s a friend of Richie’s.”

“Is he playing matchmaker?” Flo asked, hopefully.

“More like casting director,” Oksana shook her head.

“What’s that mean?”

“It means that if he had somewhere he could take us all…” Oksana’s cheeks turned red and she looked up, wide-eyed. “I don’t really think I should talk about this with my boss.”

“Like a house somewhere private…” Because I could offer that to him and I’ll be home alone all weekend. I—

She pushed in the button of her headset and smiled. Not because they could hear it at the speaker, but because she had something she could contribute now. “Welcome to Burger King, what can I get for you today?”

Oksana frowned at Flo as she left the break room. A quick look at her phone. She had six minutes left on her break. She slumped down and closed the tupperware she had brought of unfinished healthy food.

She was upset that Flo hadn’t been hitting on her. Flo was hot. Oksana had had a thirst for the dirty-over-thirties since her crush on her grade eight health class teacher. And, it wasn’t like it was just Oksana’s opinion. She knew every guy she worked with would’ve with Flo in a heartbeat. Though, they wanted Oksana’s big tits first.

Luckily, she had Jimmy and Richie looking out for her at work. They were good guys. She just didn’t ever think that she’d be fighting other girls over one of them. Damn, Richie. The thing was, Oksana didn’t mind the other girls there, just that they wanted what she wanted.

Flo seemed lonely. Single mom… Divorcee… She said she hadn’t been coming onto Oksana… But if Oksana could get Flo some dick… Then maybe Oksana could get what she wanted: Richie away from Caitlin and Perla, plus a chance at Flo too.

But what if she really wasn’t interested?

Oksana sighed.

It didn’t matter how busy it got, Oksana wasn’t going to be able to lose herself in the work. Her mind wasn’t going to shut up about plans to get Richie.

She had his number now though. She even knew where he lived.

Her phone alarm told her to go back to work. She tossed the phone in her cubby and walked back out to the restaurant.

* * *

“They’re just a couple of rats, Richie,” Natalie said, grinning to have her brother in the passenger seat. “You’re as bad as Mom.”

“Just drive,” Richie said. “Caitlin’s not responding.”

“You fucked her pretty good. Maybe she’s in a coma,” Natalie said.

She blinked and missed a breath. She felt the tingles running all over her skin and it was hell pushing them aside. She had to keep her attention on the road.

She had to be at her best! She couldn’t hurt Richie! She had to be a better driver. Were the mirrors perfect? She sat up straighter. Her heart was racing. She pressed her lips together and tried not to shake.

“Fuck…” Richie said. He tried from Harper’s phone as well.

Caitlin was supposed to be obedient. He just didn’t think he needed to tell her to keep an eye on her phone. Dammit.

Lilith? Zita?

Their houses were too close to home. Too close to the rats.

That witch should’ve warned him about rats coming after him!

What other side effects were there?

“I’ll try Perla.”

“Isn’t she at work? I can drop you off?”

“Yeah, do that,” he said. Oksana lived even further off than Caitlin or Perla. “Definitely, to Alice’s.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Thank you,” he said. “What are you doing tonight?”

“Mom took Dad to a hotel for the night,” Nat said. “Have the place to myself?”

“Yourself and the exterminators,” Richie said.

“Dude, they were practically done putting down the traps by the time we left.”

“Yeah, and the rats are probably gone anyways.”

“Oh, and a master of rodents too… You are the perfect catch…”

“Listen Nat,” Richie said. “About the girls coming over. And Harper not being around. I need you to keep that quiet.”

“Wait Harper doesn’t know?” Nat asked. “No! Richie don’t do things the way I do them. It leaves you miserable.”

“I meant from Mom and Dad,” he said, too quickly. Technically, Harper’s probably figured things out. Shit.

He ground his teeth for a moment.

“You’ve been awesome, Nat,” he said as they took the turn off towards the plaza where the diner and Burger King was. “Seriously, if you need anything, I wanna be the kind of man who’s there for the people in my life.”

“Yeah, well, once I figure out where, I’m throwing a party and you and your little harem will be there.” Nat flashed a bright smile.

“Biggest harem you’ve ever seen,” Richie countered.

“That’s true,” Nat said. “I’m glad you’re fucking Caitlin.”

“That’s a weird statement,” Richie said.

She pulled into a parking spot. Richie unbuckled his belt. She reached over and grabbed his wrist. He stopped but so did her heart. She gasped, as quietly as she could. He felt amazing.

“What is it, Nat?”

“You’re the only guy I think really likes me,” she said. “How do I get a guy like you?”

“I dunno, I only got the girls I currently have with dark magic,” Richie said.

“Seriously, Richie,” she said. “Honestly, the only way I can think to manage that is to volunteer for your harem.”

“Yeah…” Richie rolled his eyes. “But… Well we can’t.”

“Why?”

“Flipper babies,” he said. “This is not how we give the world x-men type mutants.”

“Thank god! I wouldn’t want lazer eyes in my uterus!” Nat laughed as Richie chuckled.

“Maybe, just try nicer guys or whatever,” Richie shrugged. “Guys have to be easier than girls, right?”

“Easy for what?” Nat said. “Oh well, maybe I’ll figure out some of your black magic.”

“Please don’t,” he said, twisting through the seats and grabbing his bookbag. It was Thursday, but he left his school books at home. He had a change of clothes. He headed towards the diner.

Nat was busy on her phone. She really hoped her doctor was available in the morning. She didn’t want to wait a whole weekend before she could get a coil put in.

He didn’t want flipper babies.

Worse came to worse, Nat knew she gave great head.

* * *

“I have to call Papi,” Perla said. “Sh… Please… He’s not happy I rented a hotel room for an hour the other night.”

“If I had known Caitlin wasn’t planning on following along, I’d have made her.”

Perla pleadingly shushed Richie. He gestured locking his lips and pulled the seatbelt closed tightly.

“He~ey!” Perla said when her father picked up.

“Are you OK? You coming home?”

“Actually, a friend of mine needs a place to stay tonight. They’ve had to call exterminators to their place and—”

“Bed bugs?”

“Bed bugs?” Perla asked Richie in a whisper. He shook his head and mouthed, “Rats.” Perla nodded. “No, Daddy. Um… Rats.”

“Oh, well, I can’t imagine any of your girlfriends would want to be in their house with rats. Of course, she’s welcome to come over,” he said, sounding much happier than he had in a while. “I’ve been worried about you without your friends coming and going like they used to.”

“Um… Well, we’re just gonna go straight to my room tonight. It’s a school night.” She all but crossed her fingers and prayed that her dad wasn’t going to intercept them.

“I’ll be in the living room, check in when you come home,” he said.

“Thanks, Papa,” she said, warmly. She hung up and looked at Richie with her lip between her teeth.

“Your Dad’s OK with having me over?”

“I’m 19, I can make my own decisions,” she said. “But, can we be quiet tonight? I don’t want to have that conversation.”

Richie smiled and reclined. He checked his phone again. And Harper’s. No word from Caitlin but Lilith and Harper’s Mom had again texted Harper. He grabbed that phone and shoved it deep in his bookbag that sat between his knees.

“Something wrong?” Perla worried.

“If I recall correctly,” Richie grinned. “It’s you who is going to need to be quiet tonight.”

Perla smiled and overtook the speed limit signs by tens or twenties. She couldn’t wait to get home.

* * *

It was obvious Perla was taking a boy up to her bedroom. Better than pissing money away at a hotel. He didn’t want his daughter looking like a whore. Worse, being one. So, it was a boyfriend. She’d get him out of the house in the morning before he had to be up for work. She had never quite managed to hide her actions through high school. He sighed. He hoped this one was better than her previous airheads. She had a type and it wasn’t smart.

He heard her car pulling up in the driveway. He turned up the TV to give her cover as she smuggled in whoever she was into tonight.

He stopped himself from getting out of his chair. No. She was an adult with a job. She liked boys. He had to find other ways to be a good dad. His excuse didn’t work anymore. She no longer had school nights, after all. .

“Papi!” she came in, surprisingly still dressed in her waitress’s top and black shorts. She looked good, but that is not something Perla of last year would’ve allowed herself to be caught in with a boy she liked. She rolled over the edge of his recliner and hugged his shoulder.

“Good, you need a shower,” he said. “You smell like sausages.”

“You are the worst!” she said, slapped his shoulder and backed out of the room. “Good night!”

“Night,” he waved and turned back to the TV. He stopped the episode and put it back to the beginning. He had been planning on going to bed after this one. There were three left in the season. He cranked the volume a little bit more. Three should be enough that it’d be quiet behind his daughter’s door when he walked to the master bedroom.

* * *