The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hot Blood: Sexiness and Lust in a Silicon Valley Startup

Chapter Three

Conrad Lawson, Chief Financial officer of Motivos didn’t see himself as a psychology guy. Now, he’d worked for a lot a lot of tech companies, too, and he wasn’t a tech guy either.

He was a money guy. He’d started out financing superconductors, then chips, then clouds. He’d never understood any of it, and that was fine by him as long as the money looked good. At Motivos, the money looked very good. Sure, it was a three-year-old startup, but as one look at his boss reminded him, age wasn’t everything.

He liked to look at his boss; all of Silicon Valley did. He’d liked the cheerful email he’d gotten from her this morning, thanking the entire staff for the work they’d done preparing for her to talk to Slim Support. With that kind of financial backing, they could really take this company where he wanted it to go. He liked the thought of what that would do for his stock options most of all.

Looking back, it was amazing that in only three years, an idea that a brilliant woman had while attending her elite college had turned into a startup which was now producing a product a multinational company was interested in. Lawson himself had only been working at Motivos about six months. He’d been wooed by the Silicon Valley talent that Lavinia had recruited. Sure, she was young, but she had a stunning number of venture capitalists on her board. They’d all invested.

Bernadette Day was the Psychology department chair at Lavinia’s old school and the author of all those famous psychology studies written up in all those journals Conrad didn’t read and an expert witness in famous court cases Conrad didn’t follow either. But he knew who she was and so did the rest of the world, and she gave Motivos’ board an intellectual gravitas that it might otherwise have lacked. This wasn’t some self-help trend for housewives, this was the cutting edge of motivational technology. Damn it.

But the Slim Support deal was huge. Slim Support could design a bullshit app if that’s what they wanted. If Motivos didn’t work, no mega corporation would be making a deal with them. Lavinia sure made it sound like Slim Support wanted to make a deal.

He could have sent his assistant for coffee, but he felt like mingling this morning. He loved the excitement in the building. Everyone had been happy to get Lavinia’s email.

But in the cafeteria Jaiyana Amari, Motivos’ chief technology officer, didn’t look happy. She had a bunch of papers balanced on the laptop next to her, but she wasn’t working, just silently sipping the green drink she was having for breakfast. Conrad had never liked those green drinks, but half he kids in the company lived on them. He got a latte and strolled over.

“Can I join you?” he asked.

“Please,” she moved some papers aside. He searched her face, wondering how to ask about her expression. Jaiyana had been one of Lavinia’s most impressive early hires and had given up some excellent stock options to join Motivos and she was the expert on the aspects of the company Conrad knew the least about. If she was worried, Conrad was worried. Jaiyana sipped her juice.

“So, Lavinia seems happy about how things went in New York City?” Conrad said. She creased her forehead. He’d asked the right question.

“She does seem happy,” Jaiyana said. Then more softly, she said, “I wonder if she gets it.”

“Gets what?” Conrad had lowered his voice too.

“Obviously, this is a private conversation.” Jaiyana looked around. No one else was near them. “I’d rather have it in my office but this will do.” She sat back for a minute, then she asked, “What kind of financial projections have you made to our investors?”

Conrad was taken aback. “Optimistic ones?” he said. “Getting investments is my job.”

“We’re not profitable.” Jaiyana said. It wasn’t a question.

“No,” Conrad said, “We don’t have a product yet. Of course we aren’t.”

“When are you telling investors that we’re going to launch?”

Conrad sighed, “That’s been a problem. Overall, it’s a good thing that I talked Lavinia into licensing her technology to an existing company. We might get bought and that’s not a terrible thing from where I’m sitting.” Jaiyana nodded. “Also it gives your team time to perfect things.”

“Perfect things?” Jaiyana said.

Conrad looked away. “I’m not saying you’re not doing a great job. But you know the testing has been up and down. And the long term usage results really aren’t that great,” Jaiyana pressed her lips together. She looked annoyed. “Not your fault, I’m sure. And I know the presentation in New York went well. People LIKE this technology when it’s in front of them. But I need y’all to deliver the back-end on long term use. The numbers we took to New York were fine, but they’re going to need to be higher and the effects are going to need to stick for the numbers boys like me at Slim Support to pay us what this technology is worth.”

Jaiyana raised an eyebrow. “And what is it worth?”

Conrad shrugged. “That’s a complicated question.”

“I’m sure you’ve given potential investors an answer.”

Conrad looked around; they still had the place to themselves. “Not as much as Lavinia has me telling people. I tried to be conservative at first, but Lavinia sent my reports back to me and had me brighten them up a bit. Don’t look shocked. It’s normal to puff the numbers up a bit in Silicon Valley. Venture capitalists expect it.”

But Jaiyana didn’t look any calmer. “I do not think the venture capitalists will be expecting that psycho-informatic data Lavinia took to New York has the same problem, though.”

It was Conrad’s turn to look pale. “What?”

“It’s optimistic,” Jaiyana said. “It focuses so much on the short term because long-term results aren’t good.”

Conrad shifted in his chair. This wasn’t what he’d heard at all.

“But it still works,” Conrad said. “I’ve seen it work in presentations over and over.”

“You’ve seen it work for some people when Lavinia has explained it.”

“It works on everyone! I’ve seen it. Do you know how hard my MBAs work for this company? They know that they’ve got your software doohickey in their machines, but they don’t mind. Hell, I work harder here than I’ve ever worked and I don’t mind.”

“How often does Lavinia meet with your staff?”

“Monthly,” he said, “and of course we all go to the weekly meetings.” It was an open secret that the hour after employees met with Lavinia was the least productive hour of the week. Jaiyana looked at him, waiting for him to put it all together.

“The sex thing,” he said. It wasn’t the company culture to talk about it. But he was too excited to stop himself. “If the device is working on us all the time, why don’t we want to fuck all the time? We meet with her enough that we don’t notice, but the motivating thing about Motivos is, her?”

Jaiyana approved. “That’s the closest my research team has to an answer.”

“Does she know?”

“She’s seen the data she had me massage.” Jaiyana said that slowly, as if remembering that data wasn’t the only thing she’d played with, which gave Conrad an appealing mental picture. God, he loved this company. And he sure as hell didn’t want it going belly up.

“So the app we’re selling Slim Support, it’s not going to work?”

“It will work on some people,” Jaiyana said, “Some people are suggestible. But it shouldn’t work better than anything they could program.”

“She said the app worked on the Administrative Assistants at Slim Support?”

“Who do you think presented it to them?”

Well, hell. Conrad’s quick moment of arousal had faded. Sure, everyone puffed the numbers when they were talking to VCs, but knowing the product didn’t work was a very different situation. The idea of what the Securities and Exchange commission might have to say to him about his financial projections was the least sexy thought he’d had in months.

“I need to talk to Lavinia.”

Jaiyana sighed. “Good luck with that.”

Maybe Conrad should have chatted his boss first, but instead, he went straight to Lavinia’s office. Some startup founders had cubicles, a self-conscious show of being just another employee, but Lavinia had a private office on the top floor of the building. Her assistant, Riley, sat outside. Riley was tanned, with big curls.

“Is Lavinia in?” Conrad snapped. Riley looked shocked. People, even Motivos executives, didn’t talk to Lavinia’s close associates that way.

“Excuse me?”

Conrad sighed. “I’m sorry, I was just talking to Jaiyana about the Slim Support presentation.”

“What did Jaiyana tell you?” Riley asked. Their face showed nothing. That made sense. Lavinia and Riley had been friends during Lavinia’s single year of college. Riley seemed like the loyal type.

There wasn’t anyone else around, but Conrad spoke in a low voice anyway. “I know Lavinia dealt with the assistants, too.”

“So?”

“That thing Lavinia does.” Riley’s expression didn’t change, and they didn’t volunteer any further explanation. “Lavinia’s way of persuading people,” he tried again. Then he whispered. “Is that all this is? Is that all we have? Jaiyana says the long term data isn’t good. She would know.”

“I don’t know what you mean,” Riley said in the voice of someone who knew exactly what you meant.

“Since I joined the company, I have been telling Venture Capitalists that our technology motivates people. I knew that Lavinia was a gifted presenter. But I thought the technology she was presenting was real. If it’s not, I’ve been defrauding people.”

Instead of Riley, a cool voice responded from behind Conrad’s back. “Is that what you think?” Lavinia said. “Let’s have a talk in my office.” Her gaze was, as usual, unblinking.

Conrad shuffled into her office and took the chair across from her desk. It was hard not to feel like he’d been sent to the principal’s office, irrational though that was. That alone was bullshit. He’d taken Motivos through four successful rounds of funding, each more profitable than the last due to the company’s spiraling fame. And Lavinia’s.

She smiled. “Please tell me your concerns.”

“I met with Jaiyana this morning.”

“Why?” Lavinia’s voice was as calm and sweet as ever.

“We just, met?” Conrad said. “I was telling her how pleased I was about the presentation you did in New York City.”

“It did go well,” Lavinia said. “They liked your numbers a lot. They aren’t a Silicon Valley company. The money you’ve brought in from venture capitalists who speculate in technology companies did a lot to show them that they should have faith in us. I’m pleased.”

Conrad recrossed his legs. He was starting to hate how good her praise felt.

“Should they have faith in us?” Conrad asked.

“What?” Lavinia’s eyes went cold. The cheerful, flirty persona she displayed in front of investors and employees was gone.

“I based the numbers you presented off of contracts you told me about that you have with other companies. You’ve never shown me those contracts, and I keep asking for them?”

Conrad did not like his begging tone.

“They’re still in legal review,” Lavinia said. “You know that.”

“I don’t know it,” Conrad said. “I just believed it, until this morning. Just like I thought we had a working product.”

Lavinia drew back “Are you telling me you don’t believe in Motivos?”

Conrad looked at the ground. “If what Jaiyana said is true, I’m not sure I even believe in you. Lavinia, I quit?”

The room was very quiet, and very cold. “I think that’s a good decision,” she said. Lavinia pushed a button on her phone. Riley opened the door.

“Yes, Lavinia?”

“Conrad has decided to leave our company. I want you to prepare his nondisclosure agreement personally. Just come back in when you’ve got it ready.” Riley slipped back out of the door, closing it silently behind her.

Lavinia turned back to Conrad, her expression warm again. Against his will, Conrad was getting less angry. But he was still puzzled.

“You’re going to just let me leave?” he asked. It wasn’t lost on him that what he knew could ruin the entire company.

“Of course,” Lavinia said. “You’re not happy here. I want my staff to be happy. Don’t they all seem happy?”

Conrad thought of all the smiling faces he’d seen in all those meetings, loving Lavinia, wanting to work so hard for her. He knew how he felt.

“Everyone’s always happy here. I was happy here,” he said.

Lavinia nodded, “But your needs aren’t being met,” her voice was soft. Conrad nodded, his agreement silent. “It’s so hard, when your needs aren’t being met.”

“So hard,” he echoed. He didn’t want to take his gaze from hers. How did she do this? He wasn’t mad anymore. The question was more an idle curiosity. The one thing distracting him from how hard his needs really were.

“I want you to be happy. I want your needs to be met,” Lavinia said. “Can you imagine how good it would feel to meet your own needs right now?” Conrad moaned. “I think you should.” Conrad fumbled with his belt. Fuck, it felt good to rub his cock. He needed this so much. Lavinia was smiling just a bit. “That’s right,” she said. “Stroke yourself. Think about how quitting will meet all of your needs.”

Conrad was so glad Lavinia’s office was soundproofed—he knew he was grunting. It was going to feel so good to have officially quit his job.

Riley came back in and handed a document to Lavinia, who looked it over herself. He didn’t even give a fuck that Riley could see him stroking. How good he felt was clouding his mind, making it hard for him to think about anything else.

“I’ve got your nondisclosure agreement here,” Lavinia said, lifting the papers in her hands. “When you sign it, all this pressure will be off you and you’ll get to cum.”

“Want to sign,” he mumbled, feeling his cock react to her voice.

“But I want to help you keep your nondisclosure agreement,” Lavinia purred.

“Just let me sign.”

“Where do you keep your thoughts?” Lavinia asked.

It was so hard to think at all. “My brain?” he mumbled.

“That’s good,” Lavinia said. “But it’s time to move them.”

“Move my thoughts?” Whatever she wanted. As long as he got to cum.

“First, let’s move all of your thoughts about what you and I talked about today. Move those thoughts into your cock.” Lavinia said. Conrad grunted in response. “Are they there? Have you put those thoughts in your cock?” God, her voice was sweet.

“Yes, fine, they’re in my cock.”

“Now the conversation you had with Jaiyana this morning. Can you put that in your cock?”

It didn’t even make any sense. But it felt so good to agree. “Yes, in my cock. Please let me sign?”

“Not yet. All those doubts you’ve ever had about Motivos. Put them in your cock.”

He was going to explode. He knew it. But it wasn’t happening yet. It wasn’t going to happen until she let him sign the damn paper. He didn’t care what it said.

“There,” he said. His mouth was dry.

“Is that all?” she asked “Is every negative thing you’ve ever thought about my company in your cock?”

“Yes! Just let me sign.”

Lavinia fully smiled. “But if you sign and cum, you’re going to let all those thoughts go! You won’t have them any more!”

“Let me sign. I won’t tell anyone.”

Riley slipped a pen into his hand, Lavinia put the nondisclosure agreement on the desk.

Conrad’s signature was a scrawl, and he was cumming.

“Letting all those thoughts go, cumming them out,” Lavinia said.

And he was. His body spasmed, twisting him with pleasure, and he couldn’t think of anything at all as his orgasm took him.

By the time he came back down, Conrad Lawson’s mind felt empty. He might have been drooling a little. Lavinia had been talking the whole time. Something about more time with his grandchildren. Lavinia reminded him how much he loved golf. He had so much money, he could just enjoy it. Lavinia said he should take a long vacation, rent a house in the Greek islands and fuck his wife hard, right there on the beach.

She was so right. It all made so much sense. He was so glad Lavinia had explained all that and let him cum. He was so glad he’d quit. Why had he spent so many nights making deals? He needed to buy a bottle of wine and take his wife to bed with it as soon as he got home. He couldn’t even remember the last time he’d eaten her pussy. That would change tonight.

He felt like he was floating when he stood up and straightened his pants. Lavinia shook his hand. And then security was there to escort him downstairs. He was a retired guy, and that felt so good. He was going to sleep in tomorrow.

Lavinia Ramsey watched him go.

“We have to be more careful,” she said.

“Yeah,” Riley said. “I wasn’t sure you were going to be able to keep him from calling the press.”

“If he does now, he won’t have anything to tell them,” Lavinia said. “Too bad. He looked really good on the org chart.” She gave a shrug and tossed her hair. “Now go chat Jaiyana Amari and get her up here,” Lavinia cooly commanded. “She and I need to have a private meeting.”