The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Janie’s Got A Gun

by J. Darksong

II)

I knew something was up when I arrived at work and the police were stationed outside, talking with several of the senior staff. Fearing the worse, I ran across the parking lot towards the crowd, heart in my throat, wondering why the hell no one had bothered to call my cell. What I saw wasn’t what I’d expected at all.

Rick sat in an open squad car with his hands cuffed behind his back. He wore a police issue blanket around his body, but it was merely draped over, showing clearly the lack of clothing underneath. A few feet away, Amanda, similarly clad, sat in a second squad car. All sorts of scenarios went through my head, but seeing a familiar face, I decided to push my way through the crowd to hear about it firsthand from the office gossip.

“Hey, Eric, what’s going on?”

“Doug! Wow, man, I can’t believe you missed it!” Eric said, smirking. “All these years of getting to work early finally paid off. First, Jane comes in with that crazy toy gun and gives her resignation, then Rick and Amanda started going at it out of nowhere, right there in front of everyone!” He shook his head. “I never had any idea Amanda was so stacked. I can see why Rick has been hitting that—”

“Wait wait wait!” I interrupted. “Hold on a second! You said Janie was here? Earlier?”

“Yeah, you just missed her. Heck, I don’t know what time she got here... Ginger was the first one in, and she didn’t remember seeing her come in. Anyway, we’re all just getting settled, I hadn’t even clocked in yet, and Jane comes storming out of the testing lab holding this crazy looking toy popgun. Bright red yellow and green plastic toy. So, she holds it out in front of her, warning everyone to back off... as if anyone would be scared something like that! No one really reacted, of course; at best, most of us don’t even notice her when she’s right in front of us. But then, someone—I think Johnson—pointed out that she had the test file data folder in her other hand. Rick went apeshit, yelling about how he wasn’t about to let her walk out of here with classified material. He reached for the phone, as if he was going to call security... then all of a sudden, he just dropped the phone, loosened his tie, and started taking off his clothes!”

A chill went down my spine. Something about the strangeness of this tale prickled something in the back of my mind, but I didn’t let myself dwell on it. Not yet. “He started taking off his clothes, in the middle of an office full of people?” I repeated slowly.

“Yeah! And everyone just started whooping it up, particularly the women, thinking he was making a joke of some kind. And then he took off his pants, and his underwear, and started openly jerking on his cock, everyone stopped laughing. Well, everyone except Jane, who started cracking up.” Eric shrugged. “Anyway, a few minutes later, Amanda stormed in with security. She took one look at what Rick was doing, and started yelling and screaming bloody murder. Then, she stopped, almost in midsentence, and started stripping out of her clothes as well! The security guards just stood there, shocked, like all the rest of us. Nobody knew what to do. Eventually the security chief called in to see what was taking so long, and when no one responded, the rest of security arrived to see what was going on. By then, of course, the two lovebirds were going at it full-tilt, and when they refused to let anyone break them up, they called the police.”

“And Janie?” I pressed on. “What happened to her?”

“Jane?” Eric said, frowning. “You know... come to think of it, I don’t know exactly when she left. She was there when all the chaos started, but once security came out in force... I dunno, I guess I lost track of her in the confusion.” He chuckled. “Like that’s a hard thing to do with ‘Ms. Invisible’ anyway.”

I resisted the urge to deck him. Too many police around, and the last thing I needed was to get locked up along with Rick and Mandy. Heading back to my car, I pondered this turn of events. Janie was apparently alive and well, even if she hadn’t bothered to alert her paranoid and worried best friend about the fact. Going against character, she’d had a confrontation with our boss, Rick, over her quitting and leaving with the notes on the weapon she’d basically designed for the company, if Eric was to be believed. The end result of that conversation was Rick and Amanda, apparently totally bereft of their senses, stripping naked, grunting and rutting like dogs in heat in front of the entire research staff and security. My mind flashed back to that web story she’d read so many times, and the scattered notes and pages from her bedroom.

Could she... no. Ridiculous. Impossible. Or, at least unlikely. And yet... she WAS a genius. If anyone COULD build a real life working model of something she’d read about in an online story, it was definitely Jane Nelson.

“Hello, Douglas.”

Who, it seemed, was leaning against the hood of my car, waiting for me. I paused, surprised to see her, and frankly, a little scared, if what I’d guessed she had done was correct. Nevertheless, concern for her won out, and I went to her, grabbing her by her arms, all but pushing her into my car. “C’mon, geez, there are police all over the place!” I muttered, moving quickly into the driver’s side seat, closing the door. “Janie. I don’t know what’s been going on with you these past few days, but I’ve been worried sick! I had to have left you a few dozen messages for you to call me back! I was—”

“Thirty-three.”

I blinked. “Excuse me?”

“You left me thirty-three messages, asking me to call you back. Frankly, it was getting a annoying. I eventually had to turn my cell off so I could get some work done.”

I blinked again in surprise. In the five years I’d known her, this was the most forthright and direct she’d even been about anything, even with me. “Um, Janie,” I said slowly, “about what happened to Rick and Amanda back there...”

“Did you enjoy that?” Janie said with a grin that looked anything but friendly. “I’d kinda hoped you would be there to see. It figures that today would be the day you’d oversleep.” She cracked her knuckles lightly. “They finally got what they deserved. Both of them are disgusting perverted little leeches, sucking the life, the very WILL, out of their subordinates, all the while pretending to be so dignified, polished, and chic to everyone else. Well, now their little farce is over, and EVERYONE gets to see the real Rick Jensen and Amanda Harris for who they truly are.”

“So... you DID that to them, then?” I said, still not quite able to wrap my mind around it all. Janie chuckled softly.

“Of course. Who else?” She sighed softly. “Frankly, Doug, I thought you’d be happier. No one hated those two more than me—except you. I thought you’d be cheering over what happened. Instead, you look almost like you wanna throw up.”

I did, actually, feel a little queasy, but I shook it off. “Janie, I’m trying to understand all this, okay. Help me out. Three days ago, after you left the police station, after hearing that your... assailant... might get off scot free, I worried you might do something... I dunno... rash? I even came back here and tracked down your home address from HR!”

“I know,” Janie replied, matter-of-factly, eyes narrowed, “my landlord mentioned your visit. Friends don’t usually break into another friend’s house and snoop into their private things when they’re not there.”

“I thought you might be dead, alright?” I exclaimed, letting my temper peak through. “You never called me back! After Saturday... I thought you might have killed yourself.” I sighed, looking away. “I was... worried about you,” I finished, softly.

“Oh,” Janie said simply. Her voice sounded strange, and I turned around to face her again. Whatever emotion she might have been feeling, however, was hidden away behind her veil of hair once more. After a moment, she said, “We should leave now. The cops seem to be about finished questioning everyone, and they’re going to be heading back this way soon. I’d prefer not to have to answer strange questions about why we’re sitting here in the parking lot after what just happened.”

“Yeah,” I mumbled softly, starting the engine. “God forbid that you would actually have to explain what’s going on here,”

Unfortunately, I wasn’t quick enough. One officer, who’d been speaking with the gate guard, pulled up in front of the car before I could slip by. He gestured for me to roll down my window, and sighing, I did so. “Excuse me sir, could I see your identification please?” He glanced past me, and stared at Janie. “And yours as well, ma’am.”

“Certainly, Officer,” she said brightly, reaching inside her purse. “I have it right here.”

Again, I’ve known Jane Nelson a long time. While I didn’t know much about her past, I’d come to know HER pretty well. The tone of voice, the nervous habits, the little idiosyncrasies that warn you when a person’s feeling nervous or scare, or about to do something crazy... none of those warned me about what she was doing. So when she pulled a strange-looking, multicolored plastic gun from her purse and pointed at past me at the policeman, I reacted the way anyone would have in that situation.

“OH SHIT!” I yelled, pushing myself back as far away from the line of fire as I could. Luckily I’d put the car in park when the cop came up to us, otherwise I probably would have rammed the car into the guard station. The policeman, no doubt started by the weapon aimed at him and my exclamation, reacted as he’d been trained, taking a step back and pulling his own weapon. I’d expected to be peppered with lead at any moment, shot to death in ‘self defense’ on a simple traffic stop.

Then Janie pulled the trigger, and time seemed to... slow. I felt a strange buzzing in my head, a vibration, like the kind you get when using a pair of electric hair clippers against your skull. My vision blurred slightly, and I think my eyes crossed... and then a second later the world fixed itself. I blinked, shaking my head to clear it, glancing at the policeman. He stood there, staring straight ahead at nothing, his eyes wide and glassy. The gun he’d pulled lay down on the concrete at his feet, no doubt having dropped in the moment when everything had gone fuzzy. Turning back towards the inside of the car, I saw Janie smile, sliding her ‘toy’ back inside her purse once more.

A moment later, the office came to life once again, shaking his head briskly. “Um, sorry, folks, I guess I lost my train of thought there for a moment. What was I saying?”

“You were saying that we should move along and stop blocking the road before the other officers pull up and try to leave,” Janie replied coolly.

“Huh... oh. Yeah, right.” Clearing his voice, he stepped back towards the guard’s booth. “Okay, Max, they’re clean. Go ahead and let them through. We don’t want to hold up the line, and you’re gonna have a squad of cop cars pulling up any minute wanting to get back out on patrol.” At that, the gate opened, and staring straight ahead, trying to remain calm, I drove us out of the parking lot.

I did glance back in the rearview mirror, however, just in time to see the officer kneel down and retrieve his gun, staring at it in confusion, and scratching his head, as if to ask how in the world did THAT get there.

* * *

We rode in silence for several minutes before Janie spoke again.

“You can go ahead and ask. I know you’re dying to know.”

“Okay, Alright. What IS that thing? I mean... I have an idea what it is... but what is it REALLY?” I took a deep breath. “Um... I kinda... glanced... at your computer website history... just a little,” I said quickly. “I was hoping to find a clue to where you’d disappeared to, yanno?”

Janie nodded. “And?”

I took another deep breath. “And, so... I read through Bunny Tales last night at home.” I risked a glance at her, but she’d tilted her head forward again, hiding. Still, she hadn’t pulled out het gun and fried my brains, so I took it as a signal to continue. “Nice story, by the way, that and the others. That ‘Nano’ guy is a good writer. I really liked that one about the Mindlens, or whatever it was called. Interesting concept, for fiction...” Again I waited, but she didn’t react. “Or at least, it USED to be fiction. You... used the sonic technology you helped develop in the lab to create a sonic mind control gun. That’s why Rick and Mandy went nuts back at the office, and why the cop forgot what he was doing in the middle of trying to detain us. Am I right?”

Now she responded, laughing softly, leaning back, letting her hair flow away from her face. “You know, Doug, you really are smarter than everyone gives you credit for. Yes. That’s it exactly. It’s just like in the Aerosmith song. ‘Janie’s got a gun, and the whole world’s come undone...’” She laughed again, and this time I couldn’t help but laugh as well. After a while we were silent for a long time before she spoke again.

“It was actually a lot easier to design that you might think. For weeks now I’ve been thinking about the problem with the heavy assembly breaking down every time the emitters fired. For a large scale weapon, the kind that Arclight was trying to push, it would have to me metallic, or mostly metal, just to support itself. The idea of using softer, more flexible plastic probably never even occurred to anyone.” She tapped her purse lightly. “But for something much smaller, say a handheld version, it works just fine. No material strain or shear effect at all, the rubbery material just kinda goes with the flow. I was working on a prototype gun—this very gun—at home, just a way of proving to myself that it would work.” She sighed. “And then Rick made us work late that night... and on the way back to my car I was attacked and raped.”

Sighing, I turned off into a Burger King parking lot, and put the car in park. “I know I’ve said it a few dozen times now, Janie, but I really am sorry. I should have stayed behind and waited for you, and walked you to your car.”

Janie shook her head. “Don’t be stupid, Doug. It wasn’t your fault. I TOLD you to go on ahead. You aren’t to blame for what happened to me. You don’t need to beat yourself up about it, either.”

Her words lifted a huge weight off my chest. All this time I’d thought she blames me for not being there. Still...

“I never told you what happened that night, Doug,” Janie continued softly. “When he grabbed me... I froze. I didn’t scream, I didn’t fight. I just went limp... just as I’d been taught by my father.” She laughed bitterly. “The old ‘Fight or Flight’ reflex in me was broken years ago. Beaten out of me. It certainly made the mugger’s job easier.”

A placed a hand on her shoulder. “Janie...”

“He didn’t beat me up at first, you know,” Janie continued, speaking softly, almost as if to herself. “He didn’t even have to tie me up. I just lay there, whimpering, while he ripped my clothes off, and mauled my flesh. I lay there and took it, and he laughed as he unzipped his jeans. ‘It’s all about control, girl,’ he’d whispered in my ear, while he rolled a condom up onto his cock. ‘Most girls have to have that lesson beaten into them, but not you, eh girlie? I think you’ve already learned that lesson, and learned it well.’ He pointed a hand back at the building. ‘In there, during the day, THEY have control. They tell you when to come in, what to do while you’re here, and when you can leave. And like a good little girl, you do what they tell you. Well, right here, right now, I have the control. And now, you’re going to do what I want you to do.’”

I felt cold inside, growing colder as she continued to speak. “I let him take me,” she said plainly, without emotion. “All in all, it wasn’t as bad as you might think. The first time my dear old dad, drunk off his ass, barged his way into my bedroom when I was fourteen... that was bad. This, not so much. And that was the problem, I soon found out. The mugger enjoyed having his victims fear him, having them beg and plead. He loved breaking them... but I was already broken. When he didn’t get the reaction he wanted, he began snarling, yelling, and beating me. The harder he hit, the more I shut down, withdrawing inside myself like always. Everything just kind of faded to grey...” She sighed, shaking her head. “It’s all a little fuzzy what happened after that... security finding me, riding in the ambulance, being treated at the hospital... the only thing I really recall during that time were his words. ‘It’s all about control.’”

She turned to face me then, clearly, for the first time. The swelling in her face was gone, but the bruising, though faded, was still there. Her eyes were blackened, with dark rings making it look as if she hadn’t slept in a month, but eyes themselves were clear. Despite it all, she still looked so utterly beautiful to me.

“I remember you coming to my hospital room. It was... a nice surprise. I hadn’t expected it... hadn’t expected anyone to come.” She closed her eyes for a moment, as if searching for the right words. “I was... sad... that you were there. Not hurt, or upset, but... I didn’t want you to see me looking like that, all beaten and battered... and when I opened my eyes and say you there, saw the look on your face... it just made everything that much worse. That’s why I pulled away.”

So my being there hadn’t been a comfort after all. Damn. I made her feel worse instead of better. Way to go, Casanova.

“I was in a really bad way when we went to the police station the next day. More than just the physical pain, the emotional pain, and the mental stress of having to do this, having to go down so soon after the incident to try and pick out the one that hurt me out of a lineup.” She sighed. “I think I knew, before I even walked in the door, that it wasn’t going to help. Inside, I knew, logically, that there was nothing the police could go to catch this guy... but a part of me hoped. Foolish, fleeting, desperate hope. And then I stepped up behind you and the officer talking and had that hope shattered.” She smiled enigmatically. “My hopes and my dreams... and probably my mind as well. I was so full... full of anger, and hate, and rage... and at the same time, so empty. So... I decided, then and there, that I was going to take your advice to heart.”

I blinked. “Me? MY advice?” Funny, I didn’t recall telling her to create a sonic brain scrambler and get revenge on her boss,

“You told me that I needed to stand up for myself... take charge of my life and speak up for myself, and stop letting everyone use me as a doormat. Of course, I had a lot going against me. I’m not very pretty,” I opened my mouth to object to that, but she continued on heedless, “I’m not exactly Miss Popular, or Miss Outgoing. I get tongue-tied and self-conscious whenever anyone looks me in the eye, which is why I’m always hiding behind my own hair. So, yes, I have a lot going against me. But I also have something going for me to help balance the equation.” She tapped her temple lightly. “My mind. The mugger might have tried to destroy my life, but he taught me one very important lesson. It’s all about control. If you want a better life, you have to take control of it. Simple as that.”

“So, you used your technological expertise to create a mind control device to gain your revenge?”

She smirked. “Yes and no. The idea really just popped into my head. I’d hopped onto my computer to see if I could hack into Arclight’s security tapes and see if the mugger showed up an any of the twenty-two other security cameras, and when the screen saver faded, Bunny Tales was still on the screen, where I’d left it after reading a few days ago. Then I figured, ‘why not’? I had the technology at my disposal. I already had a nearly completed prototype sitting in my closet. And we’d already done months of research back in the lab on any possible adverse effects of our sonic resonance emitter of biological systems. So, using the data I’d kept on its effect on the human brain, I reconfigured my prototype, and took it out for a little test run.”

I nodded. That was why she hadn’t been home when I’d stopped by the other day to check up on her. She’d been out and about, performing ‘field tests’ on her new invention. I didn’t know whether to be very impressed or very scared. The Jane Nelson he’d grown to love would never have done something so reckless as to test a possibly lethal device on random people in the street. She had changed, and in more ways than a simple desire to stop being a doormat to everyone around her. Something was wrong, very very wrong.

“Janie? Um, I had a thought. You didn’t, by any chance... test the gun on yourself, did you?”

Janie’s smile grew wider. “Again, much smarter than anyone gives you credit for, Doug. Yes, I tested it on myself, first. You don’t think I’d risk running around town blasting random people with a device that might as just as easily make their heads explode as put them in a trance, do you?”

I blushed slightly. “Um... well... uh...”

“Yes, I tested it on myself first,” she continued. “I configured the device to localize and affect specific nerve clusters of the brain, specifically isolating the parts that affect the subconscious and determine strength of will. I also made a short recording, set it to play in a loop while I was under the effects of the device, then turned it on myself and fired. When I came to, I didn’t feel very different at first, a little disoriented maybe, but otherwise unchanged. I noticed the recording playing in the background, and moved to switch it off—and when I realized what it was saying it hit me like a Mack truck. That simple suggestion, spoken over and over, had bonded so deeply to my psyche it had become a part of my very soul. My very existence now revolved around those simple concepts, and to not follow through with my plan had become impossible.”

I swallowed hard to get past the lump in my throat. “And... what suggestions did you give yourself?”

“That I would be more confident, more self-assured, and unafraid to speak my mind,” Janie replied. “I would never again be anyone’s doormat. And, I would never again let anyone get away with mistreating me.”

“Hmmm. Okay, that’s not too bad. I guess I’d thought something worse... anyway, I guess things will now settle down a bit, hmm? I’m pretty sure that after today, there’s going to be an opening for Division Head of Research and Development back at Arclight, unless you meant what you told everyone about quitting.”

Janie nodded. “Oh, I meant it. I intend to go apply to the Rexburg TransCorp branch next week. With the notes I took with me, I should be able to help them develop a perfectly working model of the Assembly within a month. With a little luck, it’ll be just the push that starts Arclight’s headlong tumble into bankruptcy and ruin.”

“Huh? Bankruptcy? Janie, hon, don’t you think that’s a bit overkill? You don’t want Arclight to go under, do you?”

“Of course I do,” Janie retorted, frowning. “They’ve been abusing us for years. How many of Arclight’s biggest technological breakthroughs for the past four years started from our desks? And how many of them did we get rewarded for? Oh, Amanda and Rick received some nice benefits, a few impressive employee perks, and a nice little percentage from the Profit Sharing program. But you and I? Nothing. Not even a pat on the back, a hearty ‘good job team’, or anything. If that isn’t mistreatment, I don’t know what is.” Her expression hardened. “And I will NEVER again let anyone get away with mistreating me.”

Uh oh. She’d just repeated back her own mantra, word for word. If I were on television, the Twilight Zone theme would be playing softly in the background. I suppose taken THAT way, the innocent little suggestion wasn’t quite so innocent.

“Anyway, that’s for next week,” she said dismissively. “I need to stay focused on the here and now, and right now I need to head home and finish the final modifications to my prototype.”

That caught my attention. “Modifications? What KIND of modifications?”

She laughed gently. “Will you relax? You sound like I just told you I was planning to bomb the Pentagon or something. I just want to make a few adjustments to the device with the rest of the data I brought back from the lab. You see, when I first tested the device on myself, I basically had just one setting. It completely overwhelmed my mind, burning my little self-help suggestions into my unconscious brain in a way that can’t be undone.” She looked slightly chagrined. “When I tested it again on my first subjects, I found that to be a bit too... broad. And too permanent. I went back and reconfigured the emitter, and was able to create four more settings—SEXUAL, MEMORY, OBEDIENCE, and SUBMISSION—besides the first, which I called, ‘OMNI’. So, unlike dear Bunny, I don’t need a different gun for every occasion, I simply click the setting for what I wish to get from my subject and pull the trigger.”

“Geez! Isn’t that enough? Why do you need to put MORE settings on it?”

“Because,” she said, frowning again. “Because... I still have to pay back the guy that started this whole sordid affair, the mugger that beat and raped me. I performed a somewhat better investigation than the police. I’m close to tracking him down, and when I do, I want to be ready. I’m going to create a setting specifically for him. And when I’m through, he won’t be assaulting any women ever again.”

Okay. This was over the line. I had to put my foot down. “Janie. You’re talking crazy now. Tracking down the mugger yourself? No way! If you’ve dug up something the police missed then call them, pass it on, give it to them and let THEM handle it! You don’t go after this guy for some kind of insane one-on-one vendetta! You could end up getting yourself killed this time!” I sighed. “I’m your friend, Janie. I can’t let you do something this foolhardy and reckless.”

Janie hung her head, letting her hair cover her face. “I’m really sorry to hear that, Doug. I’d thought you were the one person I could count on to understand what I’m going through and help me with what I’m doing. I thought you would support me in this. I guess I was wrong.”

A strange pulsing sensation struck me then, like the vibration I felt before at the guardhouse, only stronger. I vaguely realized that Janie was again holding her gun, and that, obviously, she’d used it on me. It was only a vague realization though, as ninety-five percent of my attention seemed to be focused on the fact that I could actually feel my brain turning to liquid inside my head and dripping slowly out of both of my ears.

“I’m sorry it has to be this way, Doug,” Janie said, her voice somehow carrying over the ever present pulsing and the squish squish squish of leaking brain fluid. “But I told you before. No one is going to get away with mistreating me. That means I can’t let you stop me from getting my revenge. I need your help on this, Doug, and I need to know I can trust you. You haven’t given me any choice in the matter. I’ve just hit you with the OBEDIENCE setting. Doug, you WILL obey me, and you WILL help me to get my revenge on the person that beat and raped me.

My brains had drained completely out of my head by then. With nothing inside my head to force her words back, they latched up, sticking to the walls of my empty skull like magnets onto a refrigerator screen. “Of course, Mistress,” the words issued forth from my mouth. “Anything you say.”