The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“The Odyssey”

by ThatSquickGuy ()

Chapter 5

Part 3: Hunted

Ellie had been sitting there, slumped against a wall, for what felt like an eternity just staring at Alice’s unconscious form and waiting for Lucy to come back. All she could was hope that the tranquilizer they’d used on Alice didn’t wear off too fast. By now, she was slowly getting the feeling back in arms and legs and getting used to the sensation of the slime that had soaked through her pants and underwear. It was starting to become pleasantly warm on her nether regions and a feeling not unlike when she was affected by the slime’s smell was coming back to her. Suddenly, there was the sound of an explosion somewhere further up in the ship and a warning message came on the intercom. “Hull breach detected. Prepare for emergency hyperspace exit. 5… 4… 3…” Ellie couldn’t do much except flop over on her side and hope nothing fell on her.

Luckily, she was against the wall facing the front of the ship and other than being pressed painfully against it nothing too terrible happened. She heard Lucy scream from somewhere deep down the access shaft and winced as Alice’s body thudded into the wall beside her. The slime covering the floor turned into a veritable tidal wave and ended up completely submerging Ellie for just a second before sliding back across the room and flooding down the access shaft and coating nearly every surface.

“Lucy!” Ellie managed to cough out, but not nearly as loud as she wanted. She was trying not to swallow any of the slime that was now halfway covering her.

There wasn’t an answer and Ellie prayed she was alright. With great effort, she managed to roll herself over onto her back and called out again. “Lucy!”

“Yeah?” Came a sputtering response. She was alright! “What happened?”

“Something must have gone wrong when they went to meet Carmen.” Ellie said with as much sarcasm as she could muster between coughs.

“Like what?” Lucy shouted.

“Maybe she’s already one of the creatures. Or they got ambushed. How much longer?”

“Just a minute or two.”

Just then Dan’s voice came over the intercom: “Hoban, Chloe, and Evelyn require Masters…”

I thought the intercom was down, Ellie thought to herself. “Oh no…” She slowly whispered out. These things must really have control of the ship if they’re confident enough to broadcast that out, Ellie realized with horror.

“What was that?” Lucy yelled up. “I couldn’t make that out.”

“Lucy, come back up here! Now!”

“But I haven’t fixed the air filter!”

“It doesn’t matter anymore. Let’s go.”

There was some bumping and banging, but soon she could make out the sound of Lucy coming back up the ladder. “They are contained by the elevator… Dan’s voice came over the speaker again as Lucy made it back into the room.

“Help me up and take off your Federation badge.” Ellie said, fumbling around with her noodle-like arms and removing her own. “They’ve got control of the ship now.”

“How?” Lucy asked incredulously as she lifted Ellie to her feet and took off her badge.

“There must have been more up them than we thought or maybe they had already spread further than we guessed. They’re after the others right now.”

As if to drive home her point another message from Dan came on the speaker “They will be with you shortly. They must be assimilated.”

“No…” Lucy gasped out. “We have to help them!”

“We can’t waste time like that. They could already be assimilated. It won’t help them if we get taken over too. We have to think about sending a message and scuttling the ship.”

“What!?”

“This infestation has grown too large.” Ellie said definitely.

“But we know we can get the creatures out of them!” Lucy said pointing down to Alice.

“They were after everyone except Ensign Maxwell, so either they got her right away or she was helping them the whole time.”

“Not May!” She said shaking her head.

“We don’t know exactly what these things do to people. Maybe that thing was still controlling her somehow.”

“How?”

“I don’t know, maybe it wasn’t” Ellie said, exasperated, “but we need to leave. May knew what we were trying to do.”

“Where do we go?” Lucy asked as they started for the door. Ellie being helped along by Lucy.

“We have to, at the very least, warn the Federation about these creatures.” Ellie bent down and picked up their UV light. “It’s the bridge or the comms room to get control of the main transmitter, so I think we have to go back down to the second level.”

“But won’t we get caught down there?”

“We won’t go there first though.” Ellie said with a slight smirk in her voice.

“What?” Lucy asked.

“My room is just a short ways down the corridor. I took the liberty to make an unauthorized storage space under my bunk. We can hide there until the area is searched then slip down there when the time is right.”

“But what about..”

“They know what’s at stake.” Ellie said rather coldly. “If they’re okay, they’ll be trying to do the same things we are and the creatures will have to spend time trying to find them.”

“But..”

“We’re safer in smaller numbers right now.”

“All right…” Lucy said reluctantly.

They slipped out into the hallway and moved as fast they could right towards the alien creatures lurking somewhere in the front of the ship. Trying to cover up the trail of slime they left as they went. By now, they must be looking for stragglers if they knew that they could comfortable talk about their plans over the intercom. With any luck they’d reach the crew quarters before the creatures did, Ellie reasoned.

* * *

At the same time, the only other people not part of the Hive were retreating quickly towards the aft of the ship. Chloe had been so relieved that there weren’t any Hosts waiting for them on the second floor and was too focused on getting Evie some help that she had almost forgotten about the elevator. She had gotten almost 10 meters down the hallway before she realized that Wash and Nancy weren’t with her and Evie. A zapping sound from behind her had made Chloe realize that Nancy was trying to buy them more time by damaging the elevator doors. After stopping briefly to damage the sensor room, the small group had raided sick bay for supplies before running towards the engine section of the ship. As they went, Chloe tried to explain what had happened to Nancy. All the running got most of the residual slime off Chloe and Wash.

Now, traipsing around the maze of catwalks and smaller tubes surrounding the main reactor, the group finally had a moment to sit and rest. Wash had led them to a back corner of the main coolant tank maintenance room where they might be able to figure out what to do. Chloe was kneeling by Evie; she had stabilized her earlier, but now had the chance to bandage her more thoroughly. Every now and then Evie had been trying to speak, but couldn’t quite make herself intelligible. Wash was leaning against the wall keeping a lookout while Nancy was sitting cross-legged on the floor explaining to everyone what she had seen in the shuttlebay.

“So, they’ve got everyone?” Wash asked softly.

“As far as I know.” Nancy replied. She had listed off nearly every crewmember plus the ones that they already knew about meant that the creatures now numbered over twenty.

Wash sighed heavily. “They had set up some kind of hive?”

“From what I could tell. Everyone seemed to be gathered around that slime container they brought up from the surface.” Nancy answered quietly. “So, what’s the plan you were talking about?” She asked Chloe.

“To stop them, we have to get everyone at once.” Chloe said firmly, finishing her bandaging and turning around to face them. “Otherwise, these things might somehow come back and reproduce. What we need to do is get to the environmental control room and vent the atmosphere from the ship.”

“What? To kill us too?” Wash asked half-sarcastically.

“No, we’ll have enviro-suits on and..”

“We don’t have any in case you didn’t notice.” Wash said cutting in and rolling his eyes a little.

“The suits are right there by the shuttlebay. You plan to march down there and take some?” Nancy asked incredulously.

“There’s also some by the emergency airlocks.” Chloe reminded them. All those weeks looking over the ship’s specs when she was bored didn’t seem like such a waste of time now, she thought.

“You’re right…” Nancy said slowly as she remembered passing them before.

“But I don’t remember how many there are.” Chloe said kind of sheepishly. “We would need six, and don’t know if there are enough back here by the rear airlock.”

“But if those things have May won’t they head right for the environmental control room to get Ellie and Lucy? Wouldn’t we be heading right into them either way?” Nancy asked.

“Hopefully they figured it out and got out of there after the ship dropped out of hyperspace.” Chloe said softly. “It’ll take us a while to get everything, but we have to go as fast as we can. It won’t be long before they manage to fix the internal sensors. Maybe by the time we’re ready the aliens’ll leave the room and we can slip in.”

“How do we get their suits to them?” Wash asked, now invested in the plan.

“I don’t know. Hopefully they’re working on a solution too.” Chloe said sadly. “I didn’t know it would come to this.”

“If we can get that far, do we all agree that we do it right away? We vent the atmosphere, even if we can’t all meet up, and kill everyone else?” Nancy said, determinedly.

“What?!” Chloe said far too loudly. “No! I was talking about knocking everyone out so we can get those creatures out of them.”

“What are you talking about?” Now it was Nancy’s turn to talk too loudly.

“Shh!” Wash tried to quiet them, but to no effect.

“We can get them out and save everyone!” Chloe exclaimed, tears starting to form in her eyes.

“Chloe, it didn’t work.” Wash softly reminded her. “May was still helping them.”

“Maybe we couldn’t get it all out. Maybe the other creatures were influencing her somehow.” She wailed in protest. “We were rushed. If we had more time, we could…”

“We don’t have it.” Nancy said, grabbing a hold of Chloe by her shoulders. “Those things are not going to stop until we all have one of those squids in our heads! Can’t you see that?”

“But we have to help them…” Chloe said, slowly breaking down crying.

“Chloe…” Wash tried to soothe her.

“It’s all my fault!” Chloe sobbed in Nancy’s arms. “We have to save them because it’s all my fault.” She continued through quivering lips.

“What?” Wash said, leaving his post and kneeling beside her. Nancy slowly letting go of the crying girl.

“If I hadn’t found that stupid planet everyone would be okay. Marybeth… Grace… Evie… Everyone… It’s all my fault.” She cried, finally letting loose all the guilt that had been building up.

“You couldn’t have known…” Wash whispered.

“But I could have done more.” Chloe wept. “I couldn’t help her… And now everyone is at risk because of me.”

“Chloe.” Wash said firmly. “We don’t have time for a pity party. We are going to do something about it. And we will help everyone. Crying about it isn’t going to bring them back. If I had one of those things in me, I’d want you working your hardest to save me.”

“Wash…”

“As long as I’ve known you, you’ve always been the strong one. The smart one. How many times did you pull me out of a bad scrape when we were kids? And when I would come up with another hairbrained idea; you were always the one who figured out why it wouldn’t work. You’ve always helped me Chloe, now, they need your help.” He said pointing to the front of the ship. “So come on. What are we going to do?”

Chloe sniffled. “Thanks.” She wiped her eyes. “What would I do without you?” She said, avoiding his eyes.

“Chloe, it’s a good idea, but we need to be willing to go all the way.” Nancy said softly. “Everyone is relying on us stopping these things. Not just the people on this ship.”

“I know… But..”

“We need to go now if we’re going to do anything.” Wash spoke up.

“You’re right. But I just don’t want to believe it.” Chloe whispered. In the background, Evie tried to speak up, but it only came out as a soft mumble. Chloe turned to look at her injured friend before continuing more determinedly. “Evie can’t go anywhere right now.” She spun around back to the others, “I’ll stay here and look after Evie, I can move her around if we see anyone coming. You guys can sneak over to the airlock easier without us slowing you down.”

“We can’t just leave you alone here.” Wash interjected.

“You know I can take care of myself.” Chloe said trying to fake a smile.

“She’s right. We can get our suits on and bring some back for the others a lot faster if there’s only two of us.” Nancy commented. “If there’s enough…”

“Alright.” Wash said finally. Then sighing, “We’ll be back as fast as we can.”

“I wouldn’t expect anything less.” Chloe said, just barely managing to hold onto her smile.

With that, goodbyes were said. Chloe turned down Wash’s offer that she keep the stun baton saying, “You’ll need it more than me. It’ll take them a while to search all the way back here.”

“Be safe.” Chloe whispered to herself as Wash and Nancy disappeared down the corridor.

* * *

Getting to Ellie’s room proved more difficult than they had hoped as the pair ran into the sealed airtight door just behind the crew quarters.

“Help me use my code.” Ellie said, still needing Lucy’s help to get around. They maneuvered over to the control panel and Ellie waved her wrist over it like before, but nothing happened. “Oh no… Lucy see what’s going on.” Ellie slumped herself against the wall and Lucy set to work trying to work trying to hack in and see why the bypass wasn’t working.

“It looks like they’re re-routing all the controls through the bridge. All the local panels are being locked out. Someone must have told them about us being able to get around the Captain’s code.”

“Ensign Maxwell.” Ellie angrily muttered.

“May was there when were talking about your code…” Lucy had to admit.

“I knew we should never have trusted her. That stupid girl was too naive. I shouldn’t have told her anything.”

“Chloe was only trying to help..”

“It doesn’t matter now.” Ellie cut her off. “Can we get through?”

“Maybe…” Lucy bit her lip as she racked her brain. All of a sudden, it looked as if a light bulb went off in her mind. Turning back to the panel she started speaking very rapidly as she tapped furiously away at the screen. “If I can trick the door actuators into a test mode and you can zap them with the baton at the right time then we can make the door think it should open for an inspection of the system.” Lucy pointed Ellie up to a spot on the wall above her head near the corner of the door. “When I tell you, shock that spot with everything it’s got.”

After a minute that felt like an eternity, Lucy gave her command, “Now!” Sparks flew as the current disappeared into the wall. A loud thud echoed in the small hallway as the bulkhead unlocked and began retracting into the wall. “Yes!” Lucy’s face lit up with her usual smile, something it hadn’t done since this all began.

“Good. Let’s move. They probably noticed that.” Lucy took a hold of Ellie and the two of them stole down the hallway a short distance before getting to Ellie’s room. Luckily, it was unlocked and they slipped inside and hastily closed the door. Ellie knelt down to the base of her bunk and pried at the edge of the metal panel. Uncharacteristically, it gave way easily and Ellie pulled it away to reveal quite a large opening with several tablet computers strewn inside. Pushing some exposed wiring and piping out of the way, Ellie commanded, “Get inside.”

While Lucy wormed her way into the space below the bed, Ellie opened her other hiding spot in the ship’s wall and retrieved the rest of her hidden computers. As she did, she found the chunk of the alien ship she had secreted away. It had been forgotten in the panic of the last hours, but now a thousand questions came back into her mind as she stared down at it. Then she had an epiphany! Grabbing everything, she thrust them under the bed towards Lucy before crawling under herself and putting the panel back as best she could.

“What is all this?” Lucy whispered.

“My own collection of the ship’s data.”

“Did you copy everything?” She asked incredulously.

“Whatever was relevant.” Ellie hissed back.

“So that’s where that data core went!” Lucy exclaimed noticing the ship chunk for the first time.

“Yes, now..” Ellie grunted, as she flipped over onto her back. “You said that this recorded what happened on that alien ship?”

“A little bit of the engineering record, yeah. But…”

“Why was that ship there?”

“I don’t know.” Lucy replied, confused.

“Why were any of those ships there?”

“I don’t see why…”

“What if those ships came to investigate like we did?” Ellie asked, sliding a little bit closer to Lucy in the quickly warming confines of the hiding spot.

“I suppose. There’s not enough left on there to tell. But why…”

“They could have found these creatures just like we did.” Ellie whispered excitedly.

“Maybe…”

Ellie felt around and handed Lucy one of the computers. “When they were on the planet the first time, they mentioned in their records that the place where Ensign Hutchinson fell through the floor had markings that were extremely ancient.”

“So…?” Lucy said turning on the computer and looking at the recordings from the away team.

“That’s probably where she got infested. It would seem to me that the creatures are ancient as well.”

“I guess that makes sense.”

“If these things spread as fast back then as they are right now then the alien ships might have been taken over too. But why didn’t they make it out of the system?”

“Because someone set their hyperdrive to shut down.” Lucy said softly.

“Why?” Ellie paused for a second. “If you wanted to make sure a ship was destroyed and nothing could get off of it in time, wouldn’t that be the best way to go about it?”

“Yeah.” Lucy gasped, understanding what Ellie was getting at.

“I think that the aliens were getting taken over too and they killed themselves rather than let these things escape.”

“And they’ve already gotten a lot further this time…”

“Can you do it?”

“What?”

“Set the hyperdrive to shut down?”

“I don’t know. I…” Lucy said, flustered.

“Once we send a warning. We have to do this. We can’t let those things make it back to the Federation.”

“But.”

“Those aliens made the same choice. We have to think of the bigger picture.”

“You’re right.” Lucy whispered. “Give me the data core. Maybe I can figure out how they bypassed the safeties.”

“Good. I’ll start looking for another way down to the comms room.” Ellie said, grabbing a computer of her own.

A sliver of light shown from the already uncomfortably hot space under the bed as the two worked as quickly as possible. The light immediately vanished when the door slid open. Two pairs of footsteps marched around the room opening every closet and storage area. There was a brief pause as whoever it was scanned the room looking for anything.

“Nothing here.” Came Carmen’s voice. “Let’s move on.”

The door whisked shut again, and very soon Ellie and Lucy felt a shudder in the ship as it jumped back into hyperspace.

* * *

Chloe sat beside Evie as she slowly started to be able to move again. As the parasites’ venom was wearing off, Evie kept trying to talk, but only mumbles came out making Chloe strain to understand.

“It’s okay Evie.” Chloe said softly. “We’ll get out of this.”

“Iknow.” Evie slurred. After a pause she whispered out, “Thanks…”

“You’re welcome. I know you’d save me.” Then Evie said something Chloe couldn’t make out. “Huh?”

“Do you ink is true?” Evie repeated somewhat clearer.

“What?”

“What May said.”

“About what?” Chloe asked, a tinge of sadness in her voice.

“Her waning to elp those things.” Evie coughed.

Chloe thought for just a second. “No. She had to be lying. Those creatures were still controlling her somehow; it had to be.”

“You’ve got more hope than I do.” Evie smiled as best she could some of her face still not responding. “Always ave.”

“What? You agree with them?” Chloe asked, surprised.

“We don’t know what these things really do.” Evie said slowly. “You know how many alien species there are. They could change them in ways we don’t even comprehend.” Evie groaned at the pain in her torso.

“Maybe…” Chloe said softly. “But I know everybody here. They wouldn’t turn on us of their own free will. They have to be under the aliens’ mind control.” Chloe said pleadingly. “I can’t just kill everybody without really trying to save them.”

“I couldn’t either.” Evie murmured slowly turning her head towards Chloe. “The doctor in me wouldn’t let that happen.” Chloe smiled and leaned her head against her friend’s shoulder. Evie’s eyes briefly took on a far away look. “But sometimes things call for drastic action.”

Chloe sighed and lifted her head away gently. Evie and Wash were right of course. Idealists like her don’t survive in the real world, but she couldn’t give up hope and faith in her friends. She knew she would save them all. Chloe’s eyes met with Evie’s. Their faces only a few inches apart.

They kissed.

As if drawn by magnets, the two quickly locked lips before either realized what was happening. Chloe unconsciously wrapped her arms around Evie as it became more passionate. Their soft tongues probing each other’s mouths. Evie’s smooth lips were so inviting. Slowly she started to rub herself against Evie. Her sensitive breasts aching under her much too tight outfit. It was like heaven. The rest of the world just fell away.

No more parasites.

No more problems.

She was just here.

She was with her.

There was a delicious, familiar taste in her mouth… Then Chloe’s eyes shot open and she jerked back, snapping a line of thick drool that had accumulated in their mouths. Ending up on her behind half a meter away.

“What was that for?” Evie said softly.

“I’m sorry!” Chloe panted. “I don’t know what..” Her lips still quivering. “It was like..”

“Like before?” Evie smiled gently. “With the slime?”

“Yeah…” Chloe whispered, shamefacedly.

“This trip’s changed us too.” Evie half-joked, but without the smile.

Chloe didn’t have an answer. Evie was right. Everything had spun out of control. What was happening to her? Was she going to end up a sex-crazed manic again like how Nancy had described the rest of the crew behaving?

“If you’re not going to say anything at least stay over here next to me. I’m freezing.” Evie said trying to comfort her friend.

Now noticing the real nip in the air for the first time, Chloe slid over next to Evie again. “It must be from the coolant tanks.” She said trying to draw the conversation away from her uncomfortable feelings. Just then the ship shook as it jumped back into hyperspace. “We’re back underway! Those things work fast. If only we could slow them down.”

“Yeah.” Evie said trying to move again, but only managing to move her arm up onto her leg. Then a look of realization came over her face. “Say that again.” She said excitedly.

“We need to slow them down?”

“Yes!”

“Evie, what’re you talking about?”

“Earlier, you were saying that maybe we didn’t get all the creature out of her.”

“Yeah.”

“You might have been onto something. Remember how you told me about how May’s face lit up when you were looking at her with the UV light?”

“That’s right, Wash and I were trying to see what had happened to May after she attacked us.” Chloe answered still a little confused.

“Well, when I cut the creature out of her all those other tendrils would have been left inside her.”

“So, you think it was still controlling her?” Chloe asked excitedly.

“Maybe. We do know that some aliens communicate telepathically.”

“Like the Talosians!”

“That right. So maybe they were able to communicate with the fragments we left inside her and influence her just enough. If the plan works and we aren’t rushed like before, we would have to get everything out of them to be sure.”

“So what does that have to do with slowing them down?”

“I don’t know if I could get all of them out without doing serious damage to her. So we’re going to have to make the creatures want to leave their hosts and pull them out themselves.”

“How?”

“By slowing them down.”

“What?” Chloe asked, not following the train of thought.

“You slow something down” Evie lightly tapped on the tank behind her “by freezing it.” Evie smiled. Then she continued seeing the confused look on Chloe’s face. “When we were first looking at the data from the planet, the room where Marybeth must have been taken over by the creatures was 37 degrees Celsius. That’s a person’s normal body temperature and that’s why these things can live in us so well. At the time I was surprised at how warm it was, but now it makes sense. These things must need a warm area to survive. I think we can use that to our advantage. Everything has a survival instinct. If we could cool somebody down enough and present a warmer place for the creature to go...”

“Then the creature might leave them to try to survive!” Chloe finished now excited as well.

“Right, and hopefully pull out all its tendrils as well.”

“Could we just skip the middle step and lower the ship’s temperature while we’re there?” Chloe’s asked, hopefully.

“No.” Evie shook her head. “People aren’t supposed to have low core temperatures for long. We could just as easily kill them too. We’d need a much more controlled setting than trying to freeze the whole ship at once. Plus, we don’t know if this would even work. It’s much better to contain them first and secure the ship.”

“So, you think we can save everyone?” Chloe asked excitedly.

“Maybe. First we need to worry about getting the ship back under our control.”

“Hopefully Wash and Nancy will be back soon.”

* * *

It was hot and steamy under Ellie’s bed for multiple reasons. The tight quarters, the temperature, and the fact that Ellie and Lucy were locked in a passionate kiss. Both were soaked from sweat as they tried to keep their moans to the minimum. The cramped space was filled with the aroma of aroused women and a, now familiar, sweet scent.

They had been working as best they could under the conditions when they started to notice just how nice it smelled. Ellie had tried to brush it off and keep herself focused on the screen in front of her, but Lucy had quickly gotten distracted and was soon playing with herself. Ellie, at first, had scolded her, but soon caught herself doing the same.

“It must be the slime.” Ellie had tried to reason as she wriggled out of her damp pants.

“Yeah… Must be.” Lucy replied between pants. Her fingers working her soaking pussy and hypersensitive clit.

“But I thought, it didn’t… didn’t…” Ellie lost her train of thought mid-sentence as she turned to look at Lucy. The girl who had annoyed her half to death just yesterday, now looked like the most beautiful person in the galaxy to her.

“Yeah…” Lucy whispered back. Her eyes similarly frozen on Ellie’s face.

Without any hesitation, the two franticly began to kiss each other. Their important tasks entirely forgotten. Had she been more lucid, Ellie would have remembered this was just like before. For now, however, she was just a ball of pent up lust.

The tight confines of the hiding spot made it hard for the pair, but it barely made any difference to them. Between sucking on Lucy’s beautiful nipples and licking the graceful curve of her neck, Ellie noticed that Lucy’s kisses were getting sweeter. Not just more sensual and tender, but taking on an actual taste. Some indescribable sugary taste between her favorite candy bar and the best piece of chocolate she could imagine. As their tongues intertwined, Ellie could swear that the best tasting honey of her life was rolling out of Lucy’s mouth and into hers.

They were meant to be together. Ellie hazily thought. No one else could ever compare to this. Every touch of Lucy’s fingers was just right and from her continuous moans it seemed that Lucy felt the same about her own probing fingers. The slightest touch on her clit seemed to go right to the deepest part of her mind was instantly magnified a thousand-fold.

It didn’t occur to her that she had never had feelings for a woman before. The men she had been with were wiped from her mind in the midst of the mind-blowing pleasure she felt right now. This was all that mattered now.

The pair came at the same time. Their screams of pleasure muffled by their locked lips.

* * *

Wash and Nancy crept slowly towards the airlock, praying that they could avoid running into anyone. It wasn’t far, but double checking around every corner was taking up a lot of time.

“Do you think this has a chance?” Wash hissed, breaking the tense silence.

“It’s our only choice.” Nancy whispered back.

“I don’t want to end up with one of those things in my head. If this doesn’t work promise me that you’ll take me out before I hurt anyone.”

“What?” Nancy turned slightly back to face him. “Why me?”

“Because I know that Chloe and Evie won’t.” Wash whispered. “And I couldn’t bear the thought of them getting hurt trying to save me.”

“But what about…”

“I know.”

“What you said back there?”

“As much as I’ve needed her, Chloe’s needed me too.” Wash said, looking carefully over his shoulder. “She needed a little something to get her going again.”

“I suppose we all needed that a little. It does seem a little hopeless.”

“We’re here.” Wash said softly. “Just promise me now.”

Nancy nodded solemnly.

Looking behind them down the long straightaway to make sure it was safe; they quickly slipped inside and began to don the environmental suits as fast as they could.

“Only four.” Nancy said quietly.

“Hopefully, Ellie and Lucy will be okay while we do this.” Wash said, helping to connect Nancy’s suit together.

Nancy was almost done and Wash halfway when they heard a noise down the corridor. Doors were being systematically opened and shut. Trapped inside the small airlock they didn’t have anywhere to hide. Wash threw Nancy’s helmet on and cinched up his pants as best he could. They were going to have a fight on their hands.

Staying low to avoid being seen through the small window in the door, the pair quickly bundled the other two suits into balls and pushed them as close to the door as possible. Wash threw the rest of his suit onto the pile as he and Nancy hid on either side of the doorway. They could hear the voices of Meg and David calling into the empty rooms just down the hallway. Wash readied his stun baton.

The footfalls approached the airlock door. As the door hissed open, Wash reached around the corner and pulled at whoever was there. David came stumbling into the room and was met with the probes from the stun baton. The electricity cracked as it raced into his body and with a loud grunt and brief shout David collapsed to the floor.

From out in the hallway, a loud squelching sound erupted and the stinger from Meghost came flying in, narrowly missing Wash’s arms. Nancy jumped out from her hiding spot, hitting Meghost square in the face with one of the helmets. Meghost recoiled from the blow as the stinger started sliding back into her throat. Her nose bloodied, Meghost deflected a second swing and grabbed Nancy’s arm. Wash ran out and tried to shock Meghost, but she managed to drag Nancy into the path of his blow. Luckily her suit stopped the shock, but now the Host’s stinger had fully retracted.

Slime dripped from Meghost’s lips as she tried to sting again. A timely kick to her knee by Nancy saving Wash, the stinger bouncing harmlessly against the floor. Twisting away, Nancy managed to made enough room for Wash to land a solid blow to Meghost. The electrical current took a few seconds to subdue the woman. She groaned through the tentacle blocking her mouth and slowly slid to the ground. The tentacle still slowly retracing into her. Nancy and Wash triumphantly looked at each other, then the smiles drained from their faces as they heard Davidhost already beginning to stir behind them. They grabbed their spare suits and took off as fast as they could.

“Come on!” Wash called back as loud as he dared, moving as fast as he could with his arms full of the bulky suits.

Just as he reached the end of the corridor, a very naked Jackiehost rounded the corner and flashed a smile at them. Less than a second later, her eyes rolled back into her head as her long, flesh colored stinger flew out and stuck fast into Wash’s shoulder!

“Shit!” Wash groaned, instantly losing his grip on the suit he carried.

“No!” Nancy yelled, almost simultaneously. She was still a few meters behind him down the hallway, struggling with the extra suit.

The former security office grabbed Wash’s limp arm and pulled him towards her voluptuous form. With his one good arm Wash took a swing at Jackiehost, hoping to disable her long enough for Nancy to get away. However, the new hivesister clearly retained all of her training as she deftly deflected the baton and seized his wrist; twisting it for all she was worth to disarm him. Nancy ran as fast as she could trying to come to his aid. With the stinger still lodged into him and constantly pumping its potent venom, Wash knew that he didn’t have much time.

“Go!” Wash shouted out, his knees starting to buckle.

Just as Nancy got to the junction to help, the bulkhead further down the hall opened up and Torihost stepped though. Down the hallway behind them, Davidhost was stumbling out of the airlock and heading towards the delayed pair. Nancy hesitated for just a second as Torihost started running towards them.

“Go!” Wash repeated, as he finally lost his grip on the stun baton.

Nancy ran. The extra suit weighing her down and tears starting to blur her vision. Turning around briefly as she reached the bulkhead at the other end of the corridor, Nancy saw Wash on his knees in front of Jackiehost.

“Remember your promise!” He called out in a strained voice as the bulkhead door slid closed at the last moment blocking off Torihost.