The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Sleepers

by J. Darksong

Part seven: Natalia

“Ah! Miss Romenko! A pleasure to finally meet you in person,” Assistant Director Jared Darkwood stated, rising to his feet as the door opened, and the young woman entered. Taking her hand, he shook it warmly. “I trust your accommodations have been satisfactory?” The former Russian operative nodded stiffly.

“Yes, quite satisfactory,” she murmured, brushing a lock of dark brown hair behind her left ear. “Much better than I expected, all things considered. Forgive my candor, Mister Direktor, but can you please tell me what this meeting is all about? Why have I been brought here? What is it you want from me? If you are wanting top secret military information—”

“Oh, no, no, no,” Jared shook his head. “Nothing of the sort. We brought you in because of what you have to offer the Organization as a person, not for any top secret information you may or may not possess.” He smirked. “And, well, forgive me for saying so, Miss Romenko, but if our organization wanted information from your former country, we have more effective means than relying on a... disgraced, ousted, former KGB colonel.”

Natalia’s eyes narrowed. “I see. Very well then, perhaps you will choose to enlighten me as to the reason your people sought me out and brought me here to your facility. I cannot believe that it was done simply out of the goodness of your heart.”

Jared’s eyebrow raised. “Why Miss Romenko, I can’t believe you fault with being brought in? When my people found you, you were residing in a small cardboard box behind a dumpster in the back alley between Fifth and Central, subsisting on discarded food from the Burger King across the street!” Seeing the woman’s dour look. he took a breath, and tried a more diplomatic approach. “Look, I know you are suspicious of my reasons, and in your place, I would be too... but the fact of the matter is that you have training, skills, and knowledge that I believe could be an asset to us. And frankly, like it or not, your options at the moment are rather limited.”

Chagrined, Natalia had the good sense to nod. “You are right, Mister Direktor. I do not have a lot of options. I am a woman without a country. My precious Mother Russia considers me a traitor, and hunts me for the death of several of my countrymen... and your United States government seeks me as the prime suspect of a murder perpetrated on their soil. To that end, I am curious as to why you are choosing to aid me rather than turn me in to your government yourself!”

Now it was Jared’s turn to look chagrined. “Ahem. Yes. Well... in the interest at full disclosure, um... I feel I should mention that we... did have some... slight involvement with your recent troubles with Party Member Zukov—”

“YOU!” Natalia shouted, whirling around to glare accusingly at her host. “It was YOUR people that took him and his bodyguards out!” Grabbing him by the collar, she slammed him back hard against the wall. “You set me up... assassinated my honored countryman and used me as a scapegoat!”

“Honored?” Jared scowled, breaking the hold with little effort, pushing free. “General Nicholai Zukov had you ousted from your command, labeled as a traitor, and kicked out of your own country! On our end, we had Intel he was brokering a black market deal with middle eastern separatists. So when we had the chance to take out two birds with one stone, we did.” He sighed, shaking his head. “Anyway... for what it’s worth, I’m sorry that you got caught up in the crossfire.”

“You ruined my life!” Natalia hissed at him. “Capitalist pig!”

“Hey! Let’s get one thing straight,” Jared fired back. “I didn’t make you go against your country’s regime change, pushing to continue covert operations against our country despite the failed August Coup back in ninety-one. And I didn’t tell you to challenge your superior in the KGB, trying to pin the failure of the movement on him... even if it was true. And I sure as HELL didn’t make you choose to escape retaliation from the new regime by hiding out here in the United States—the ‘disgusting bastion of capitalism’ that you claim to despise so much!”

The two stared hard at each other for several moments. Then Natalia sighed. “I see. Perhaps it was a mistake to come here, then. I am better off on my own.”

Jared harrumphed. “If by better, you mean returning to your cardboard box behind the dumpster, that is, then NO, Miss Romenko, you would definitely NOT be better off on your own.” Sighing softly, he walked over to the large window display. “Okay... now that we’ve both vented a bit and cleared the air, I think we should move on to why I sought you out. First of all, do you know what kind of facility this is?”

Still somewhat perturbed, she shrugged. “Given the level of security, and the people you sent to bring me here, I would guess some sort of CIA special training facility.”

“Ah. Close, but not quite,” he replied with a tight grin. “Though we do conduct special operations training here, this is not affiliated with the CIA, FBI, NSA, military, or any branch of the United States government you might be familiar with. We are something altogether different... a ‘floating’ body, you might say, that reports to only one man and falls under no specific branch’s jurisdiction.” He flicked a small switch on the wall, opening the metal blinders, revealing the view below.

“Ah, so you are a ‘black’ unit, then,” Natalia murmured slightly, walking towards the window of the observation booth. “We have a similar setup in Russia, able to perform covert operations at the behest of the government, yet not be officially recognized, and thus able to shoulder the blame should an operation go awry...” She frowned, glancing down at the individuals training below. “An average looking bunch. I see nothing special or particularly impressive about your trainees that warrants such lavish and remote accommodations.”

Jared’s grin turned wicked. “Oh? And what if I were to mention that every single trainee down there was picked completely at random from off the city streets? Or that none of them had any martial or weapons training before coming here?”

Natalia blinked in surprise. “Really? So you take volunteers from off the street to join your service? Interesting... I did not think America had the same sense of nationalism that my countrymen felt for their country, but I suppose it is not too shocking. Though, I am somewhat surprised that your operation can remain covert with you allowing any random person off the street to volunteer—”

“Oh, I think you misunderstand,” Jared replied. “They aren’t volunteers per sae. It was more of a ‘draft’. They were chosen at random, brought in much the same way as you... only they were not given an explanation of what this facility is for, or even why they were brought here.” He paused for a moment. “Tell me, Miss Romenko, are you familiar with your country’s research into mind control experiments?”

“You mean the work done by Igor Smirnov back in the eighties?” she said with a frown. “Yes, I am familiar with it. Subliminal programming, behavior modification, Pavlovian response through tonal control... all nothing more than cute parlor tricks. A huge leap forward in scientific and medical research into the human brain, but with no useful practical applications whatsoever.”

Jared turned away from the window to face her. ”Nyet, comrade. There were indeed practical applications to his research. The real trick was finding a practical way to implement them. And when your country concluded that his research had no real value, we were more than happy to accept Dr. Smirnov and his continue funding his research.” He grinned. “Did you know Leonardo Di Vinci designed working viable models of flying machines—airplanes and helicopters—that are little removed from the models in use right now? It was merely a matter of waiting for the technology to catch up with the idea...”

“Wait a moment,” Natalia said slowly, peering back down at the operatives training below again before turning to stare at her host once more. “Surely you are not suggesting that those persons training down below us... that they are all...”

“Deeply conditioned, perfectly programmed, mind-controlled soldiers?” Jared finished with a nod. “Every last one of them. It’s the entire point of this facility. A normal average person is selected, abducted, rendered unconscious, and brought here, where he receives the conditioning and programming, implanted with the knowledge and techniques of a soldier, then sent back out into the world with no memory of ever being taken.”

A marvelous concept, Natalia conceded mentally. If it is true, then this man has the ultimate weapon in his arsenal: a way to turn anyone, friend or enemy, into a ‘sleeper’, a willing and obedient agent, ready to be activated at a moment’s notice. But... no. No, this is all too fantastical. It is the stuff of fiction, surely!

Aloud, she voiced her doubts. “You paint a very graphic picture, Mister Direktor,” she stated, crossing her arms, “but I am afraid I do not believe you. For one thing, no method of mind control of foolproof. Everyone’s minds, thought processes, core concepts... all of these differ with the individual. What works well on one person will not necessarily be as effective on another. And for another, no matter how careful or clever you are, people would notice if members of their friends or family disappeared suddenly for several weeks during their indoctrination.”

Silent for a moment, Jared walked over to the desk in the corner and sat down in his recliner. “Two very good points,” he said after a moment, sighing deeply. “But, my dear Miss Romenko, I think you underestimate the genius of your comrade, and the advancements he was able to achieve here with us. To the first point, believe me when I say that the process is as simple as it is effective. It has proven absolutely effective one hundred percent of the time. And, as to the second point,” he replied, leaning back in his chair, “the process, from beginning to end, takes approximately three days, two if time restraints are truly an issue—”

“Two days?!?” Natalia yelled, scowling deeply at the man. “Impossible! Do you take me for a fool? You forget, Mister Direktor, I was a member of the KGB’s special division! We had our own ‘sleeper’ program, and while my own area of expertise lay in training them physically I know more than enough about the mental aspects to know that what you speak of is simply impossible!” She scoffed. “Two days? Two months, maybe...”

Jared sighed. “I did not wish to do this, I’d hoped you would take my claims at face value, but I suspected that you might be hard to convince. I guess that means a little demonstration is in order.” Pushing back from the desk, he rose to his feet, walking slowly towards the recalcitrant Russian, who took a step back, eyeing him warily.

“Demonstration? What do you mean? What kind of demonstration?” She slipped seamlessly into a martial arts stance. “If you think for one moment I am going to simply let you practice your little mind control apparatus on me, then—”

“Oh, but I already have, Miss Romenko,” he replied, cutting her off. “Do you recall when my men first brought you in? After living several days on the street, you were, sorry to say, rather filthy. You were allowed to bath, and given fresh clothes to wear, and even given a complete physical examination to make sure you were in perfect health.”

“Da, yes, I know all of this,” she snapped waspishly, eyes narrowed, “despite all my protests to the contrary. I received my initial training in Siberia wilderness after all... a few days living in the slums of your capitalist cities was a cakewalk!”

“Be that as it may,” Jared continued, frowning as well, “you WERE examined. You were even given a ‘full body scan’, as you may recall... the large round booth like a standing MRI machine? You mentioned something to the technician at the time that you did not enjoy being in closed spaces...” Seeing Natalia’s dour expression, he simply cut to the chase. “That device not only scanned your body, it also performed a detailed scan of your brain, mapped it, stored a record of the readings, and implanted a few very specific commands into your cerebral cortex.”

“You WHAT?” Natalia snapped, charging forward, grabbing Jared by the neck. “How DARE you attempt to tamper with my mind! I should snap your scrawny little neck—”

“Bad girl,” Jared said calmly, staring directly into Natalia’s eyes , which widened suddenly even before her conscious mind registered his words. Gasping, she release her hold on him, taking a step back. mouth agape, her eyes slightly glazed. “It is a technique I whimsically call ‘the carrot and the stick’. First the ‘stick’... when you are a bad girl“ Natalia winced, clutching the sides of her head, groaning softly, sinking to her knees, “you experience a rather... unpleasant sensation, a sensation of pain, emotional as well as physical, that grows exponentially worse every time you are called a bad girl—”

“Gaaahhhhhh!” Natalia screamed, crumpling over, falling to floor on her side. Her hands clenched and unclenched, her legs kicking spasmodically. The pain was all in her mind, in her head, and yet she couldn’t deny it’s effect, how intense and overwhelming it was. She’d been trained to resist torture, to ignore pain, even to embrace it... but there was no embracing this! Each second seemed like an eternity, as if her body was being pumped full of acid that was eating away at her insides one cell at a time.

A soft tap on her shoulder released her from her torment. Natalia gasped, closing her eyes, breathing hard and deep, trying to will away the sensations. “Sorry about that. Still, I think my point was made. And knowing that the sensation will only be worse the next time I call you a—” Natalia tensed, “er, that word,” he said with a smirk. “But that is merely the stick. Now for the carrot... let’s say, for instance that you decide to be a... good girl instead...”

Natalia gasped again, this time in pleasure. After the nerve shriveling agony she’d previously endured, the pleasure was like a soothing balm enveloping her. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting out a sigh of contentment. Jared smiled.

“It seems you like the ‘carrot’ part much better. That’s natural, of course. After all, who doesn’t enjoy being told they’re a good girl now and then?” Natalia moaned softly, the pleasure increasing just as the pain had, infusing her, surrounding her like a warm blanket. “And just like with the pain, the pleasure rises exponentially with each utterance of that special phrase.” He paused. “Would you like me to say it again, Natalia?”

“Da,” she murmured softly, eyes half-lidded, her hands idly rubbing at her chest, more concerned with the lovely feeling flowing through her than the source of those feelings.

“You’re a good girl Natalia,” Jared cooed, eliciting another moan from the brunette. Her hands were no longer idle, now vigorously groping and mauling her breasts. “And that’s what all of this is about. It’s how we are able to do so much so quickly. I mean, when a good girl“ groan “such as yourself, is told repeatedly, over and over, that she IS a good girl“ moan “the cumulative effect is nothing short of... well, spectacular. You see... after a while the pleasure reaches a saturation point, a point where the subject becomes so completely filled with pleasure that it becomes almost a natural state... happy, blissful, aroused, and extremely passive.” He chuckled. “It’s kind of hard to be resistant or argumentative when your brain’s swimming around in endorphin stew.”

“Ahhhh... nnngggh... mmmm...” Natalia babbled, her left hand stuffed deep into the waistband of her pants, the other pulling and teasing her hardened nipples sending jolt after jolt of mind numbing ecstasy through her body into her pleasure soaked brain. She felt as if her brain were orgasming instead of her body; her pussy, damp and dripping with need, had yet to release, and with the few remaining thoughts left floating around inside her head, she realized that as wonderful as she felt right now, actually cumming would be a whole order of magnitude better!

Her vision swam as she glanced up at Jared, peering down at her with a smug grin. His lips were moving, and she realized dimly that he was still talking about... something. Not that it was really important, except when he occasionally said those magical words ‘good girl’, which always felt like a cock ramming deep and hard inside her, hitting all the right spots at the same time. Words continued to flow from the tall man’s mouth, a non-stop stream of blah blah blahs about technology or psychology, or something. Her smile faded a little; it was slightly irritating, distracting her from her pleasure. The haze in her mind began to fade, then slip... like soaking for an hour in a warm luxurious hot tub then stepping back out into the harsh cold again.

Jared paused, frowning slightly. “Ah... looks like you’re back with us again. I was just saying that it eventually gets to a point where you become addicted to the feeling, and would do just about ANYTHING to be called a good...” Natalia perked up, waiting, “well, you know,” he stated instead with a chuckle. “Like now. You want me to say it again, don’t you?”

“Yes, yes, please!” Natalia groaned softly, clenching her legs together, forcing her hand up even deeper. “Say it!”

Jared merely shook his head. “No. If I did, it would change the nature of our future working relationship.” Leaning forward, he tapped her lightly on her shoulder, causing the haze to clear instantly. Blinking, realizing the state she was in, Natalia jerked back to her feet. “Bastard,” she said softly with venom. Glaring at him, cheeks red from embarrassment, she calmly straightened her blouse and zipped up her pants.

“So, Miss Romenko,” Jared asked after a moment, “do you still doubt the legitimacy of my claims? What you just experienced was implanted within you after a mere two minute long session with the device that gave you two simple suggestions involving pain and pleasure. Imagine what could be done in an hour... or a day.”

Natalia sighed softly. He had a point. A very good one. “Fine. So... what now? You finish the job? Take me back down to your lab and turn me into another of your mindless little windup toys?”

“Actually... no.”

“What?”

“As I said earlier, if all I wanted was a Russian blow-up doll, I’d have let you cum your brains out earlier during my little demonstration. Natalia... I wanted to recruit you, not as an Operative, but as a member of our staff. I wanted to recruit you as a Handler. With your training and know how, you would make an excellent addition to our motley little crew. And frankly, having someone that can add to our knowledge of martial arts is more than worth the cost of bringing you in. What was that stance you were in earlier? Was that ‘Sambo’?”

Systema Rukopashnogo Boya,” Natalia said with a faint smile. “Sambo is quite different, actually, but I am well versed in both.”

“Excellent. I’ve been looking for a way to get that added to the training. So... I take it we have a deal?” he asked, extending his hand. Natalia merely sighed.

“I don’t understand why you even bother to ask. What difference does it make, anyway? If I say no, you can simply program me into accepting your offer. And if I say yes, what then? I keep my own mind but spend the rest of my life here in your underground base, training your agents.” She shook her head wearily. “It’s not as if I could ever leave here myself. I’m a wanted fugitive, hunted by your country as well as mine.”

Jared frowned slightly, returning to his desk. “Ah. That, my dear Miss Romenko, is no longer the case. About the time my people picked you up and brought you in, another Operative of ours, named Katherine, was boarding a plane for the Cayman Islands.” He passed the Russian beauty a folder containing Katherine’s file. “As you may have noticed, she bears more than a passing resemblance to you. With a hat, scarf, and dark glasses, she was more than enough of a match for you to grab the notice of several members of the KGB and FBI. Unfortunately for them, they were too late to stop her flight from taking off.” He grinned. “During the flight, Katherine and another Operative of ours on board, working as a flight attendant, went to the bathroom, and exchanged clothes. Needless to say, the authorities they had waiting for ‘you’ at the Cayman airport are still trying to figure out how ‘you’ got past them. The important thing is, no one is going to be looking for you here now... at least not until they’ve scoured the entire island chain looking for you.”

Natalia blinked, feeling something akin to hope for the first time in weeks. “Then... I could, conceivably, choose to walk out of here? Simply leave and never come back?”

“Well... yes,” Jared answered after a moment. “If that’s what you wanted. Of course, your memory of the past two days would be altered before you would be allowed to leave, to make sure you no longer remembered anything about us of our facility. But... yes. If you wanted to simply leave, you could.”

“And why, after going through all the time and effort to bring me here to make your proposal, would you allow me to leave?” Natalia demanded.

“Look. I’m not a bad guy, alright,” Jared replied, walking over to the window. “I don’t claim to be a White Knight, or anything like that—my hands have more than their share of dirt on them. But I like to think of myself as a good guy. I do what I need to do to help preserve our way of life in this country. Sometimes, that means having bad things happen to good people. Sometimes that means... acceptable losses. But still, I try and minimize the damage when and where I can. I made the choice to use you as the fall guy with Zukov. I made you a fugitive... and for that, I’m sorry. Using a couple of Operatives to throw the bloodhounds off your trail was the least I could do. As for inviting you to work for me... I meant what I said. You would be an impressive member of my staff, and an asset to the entire program. But... well... the choice is yours.” He frowned slightly. “Of course, I have to add... you’re still in this country illegally, with no job, no home, no work visa, and no real prospects at the moment...”

Jared closed his eyes, squeezing the bridge of his nose. “Bottom line? It’s the Director’s policy that all trainers and technicians must agree to join of their own free will... and I happen to agree with that. Anyone picked to be an Operative undergoes extensive conditioning and mental programming, but the staff? Aside from a few key compulsions to keep us from exposing what goes on here to the general public, our minds are our own.”

“Even though I could simply say ‘no’ and walk out of here?” Natalia pressed, walking over to stare him directly in the face. “Even though I would be a ‘valuable asset’, one that you would lose if I choose to leave? Still, you will honor whatever decision I make?”

“I will,” Jared replied, looking her in the eye. To his surprise, Natalia laughed.

“A fool!” she laughed heartily, wiping tears from her eyes. “You are such a fool!” When Jared turned and walked away in a huff, she relented. “I am sorry, Mister Direktor, it is just... in my former government, at my station, I enjoyed more freedom than most of my countrymen, yet I was, for lack of a better term, a tool... my will merely an extension of the Party Leader’s will. If he found someone to be a ‘valuable asset’ he would obtain their services by any means necessary, whether they wished it or not! Yet you, after all that has happened, are willing to simply let me walk away...” She shook her head ruefully. “No... you’re not a fool, Mister Direktor. Perhaps I’m the one who is a fool... for I am choosing to stay.”

“Really?” Jared yelled, jerking back to his feet. “Well... that’s great! Excellent! I’ll just draw up the necessary paperwork—”

“Nyet!” Natalia replied, holding up a hand in protest. “First I have a stipulation... a condition.”

Jared’s eyes narrowed slightly. “A condition?” he asked warily. “What kind of condition?”

Natalia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. “I wish... no. I need for you to make me... into an Operative. I request the full treatment.” Jared glanced at her in surprise. “I am a soldier,” she continued, fighting to find the words to express what she was feeling. “I was taught at an early age how to follow orders, it is what I am good at. In the military, I found stability... purpose.” She paused, thinking. “In hindsight, it was a mistake to join Special Branch... to join the KGB. The more freedom of choice I had, the more responsibility I was given, the less pleasure I took from my job.” Pause. “And then... when I was suddenly ousted for making my opinion known, forced to give up all I knew, all that I had once held dear... I felt... lost.”

Turning away, she wrapped her arms around herself, clutching tightly. “You speak to me of ‘freedom’,” she continued after a moment, “of choice. Well, I was ‘freed’ from the constraints of my old position... of what had become my purpose in life—and I was in misery! I came here, to America, and for a time, I found sanctuary, a place to live, to work, to eat... but not a home! All this time I have been frightened... yes, me, frightened!” She turned suddenly to look at him. “Do you KNOW what it is to feel so frightened as to your future? To be completely cut off from EVERYTHING you once knew?”

Jared sighed softly, coming out from behind his desk. He knew now what she was trying to express to him now. Despite his initial impression of her, she was, he realized, a submissive personality. She had an innate need to be told what to do, to be ordered, to be commanded. Even moreso, she seems to have a desire to be dominated... and maybe her egging me on earlier was her way of sizing me up... pushing me to see how far I would let it go... how much I would let slide before laying the smack down...

“So, you wish to be programmed as an Operative?” Jared asked again, trying to sound dubious. “And you realize what that will entail? Having your will taken from you... your resistance—hell, your ability to even CONSIDER resisting—stripped from you?” He raised an eyebrow, silently noting the physical reaction in the Russian at his words. “Maybe you’re thinking about what it felt like before, during the demonstrations, when I told you what a ‘good girl’ you were being?” Both eyebrows raised as a small tremor and a deep flush spread across the pale Russian’s features, despite the fact that the implanted suggestion had been rendered completely inert at the end of his demonstration. “Maybe you want to feel that way again,” he continued on, a plan quickly coming together in his head. “Maybe your request is simply about you returning to that all-consuming, mind-obliterating bliss that you experienced before.”

Natalia moaned softly, feeling suddenly weak in the knees. Yes, she remembered only too well the experience she’d had only a few moments before in this very office, and, truth be told, very much wanted to experience it again. “Mmmm... daa... yesss... I would very much... like to experience that again...” shaking off the momentary fog with an effort, “but this is more than that! I want... want to be an Operative... because I want to be useful again... needed. I need to know... I have a purpose in life once more...”

“Oh, believe me, Natalia,” Jared said with a smirk, using her first name again, walking around to face her. “I have every intention of giving your life purpose. But... it seems to me that more than anything else, even more than being useful, you want to be used...” He placed both hands on her shoulders, surprising her. “That can be arranged easily enough, ‘comrade’,” he replied with a sneer. “But it doesn’t change the fact that I need a Handler, not another Operator. So... perhaps the simplest solution is to transform you into both!”

Natalia gasped, shuddering slightly in his arms. “Bu... but th... that is not... not what I want,” she protested weakly, looking down to avoid his eyes. But Jared wasn’t having it. Still holding firmly onto her shoulders with his left hand, he gripped her chin gently but firmly with his right, forcing her to meet his gaze

“This is EXACTLY what you want, ’Talia,” he replied, purposely shortening her name. “You WANT to be told what to do, to be commanded, to be ordered... to have the hard choices taken from you by someone who knows better!” He gave her a small smile then. “I also know, Talia... I know you feel conflicted... that what you want and what you think you need are at odds... and that your pride keeps you from admitting it to me.” He tightened his grip on her chin, squeezing just enough to make it uncomfortable. “But it’s not that easy. I will give you the ‘freedom’ you so desperately seek... the freedom to surrender your will to me completely. But... only if you beg for it.”

Natalia blinked, then scowled, some of the fire returning to her eyes. “You... you expect me to beg? To drop to my knees like some... some... shameless American slut?!?” She pulled away, or rather tried to, fighting to break free from Jared’s iron grip. “I will not beg you, you Capitalist Chauvinist Pig! Let me go! Let me go right now—” Only to jerk away in surprise as Jared released his grip.

“If that is truly what you want, then leave,” he said calmly, turning back to the window. “Use that visitor badge you were issued to unlock the door on your left. The guards outside will take you to processing to have your memory altered and you will be escorted out of the facility. Just know that once you leave this room, you will NEVER enter these walls again. You will be back on your own again... alone... by yourself... without purpose!”

Natalia deflated, the fight going out of her once more. “Why... why are you doing this?” she whispered, shaking her head. “Why must you be so cruel?”

“I am not being cruel,” Jared stated calmly, still staring out the window. “I am being sure... sure that this is truly what you want. I am being strict and unflinching, in demanding a show of your submission to show your commitment before forcing submission upon you.” He finally turned to face her again. “And finally, I am being kind to you, ’Talia... kind in making this choice as hard for you as it can possibly be. Because this IS a big decision, possibly the last one you will EVER make of your own free will. Once it’s done, it will be too late for regrets. After this is done, if I tell you to kneel before me and beg, your knees will hit the pavement before the words have even finished leaving my lips.” With that he turned away again, staring down at the Operatives in training below.

A shudder went through Natalia, and she swallowed deeply, considering his words. In truth, a large part of her strongly wished to give in, despite his words... or even because of them. If she were honest with herself, she would have to admit that she needed this... a strong, strict, uncompromising authority figure in charge of her, holding the reigns as it were. At the same time, she had been raised to take pride in herself and her country, to view herself as a strong and powerful being. Even knowing the truth about herself, it was still hard to simply put aside years of deeply ingrained behavior.

Is it truly only my stubborn pride that is keeping me on my feet now? she thought dimly, glancing again at the door. He has told me point blank what it means to become an Operative. I will be a virtual slave.. subject to His slightest whim. He could command me to do anything... no, he could literally make me become anything or anyone he wished. And... I couldn’t resist... wouldn’t even try... I wouldn’t even know that everything happening wasn’t completely normal... oh gaawwd...

Jared sighed inwardly. She’d been silent for more than five minutes now. He’d obviously pushed her too hard, too soon. And... perhaps I’m not as intuitive as I think I am. Maybe she’s NOT a submissive personality after all, just... undecided. Maybe I should have just taken her earlier submission at face value, given her the complete programming regiment, and simply assigned her the role as a Handler regardless of her own wishes.

He shook his head. And why DID I give her that option anyway? Why did I confront her about her reasoning? It’s always been about the ‘bottom line’ anyway. So... what is it about this woman that makes me want to keep her as herself instead of turning her into another hollowed out drone? Is that what’s best for her... or just what I personally wanted for her?

Damn... sentimental, he thought sighing inwardly. I must be getting soft in my old age...

And then... all of his inner musings were rendered mute when he turned at the sound of movement behind him. Turning, he saw the lovely brunette kneeling before him, completely naked, her clothes stacked neatly in a pile at her side, a look of complete serenity on her face. “You were right... Sir,” she stated in a soft clear voice. “I was not... truly prepared for this. I did not consider all of the... the...” she swallowed “implications of such a choice. But now... I have. You forced me to stare unflinchingly into the truth of what I was facing.” She closed her eyes for a moment, gathering herself before continuing. “And my decision remains unchanged. This is what I desire. This is what I need. And so, I humbly beg of you... please, Sir... Master...accept me,” she said, bending forward, pressing her forehead against the floor. “Take me and make me into whatever you wish. Give me purpose again.”

Jared nodded simply, dropping down to one knee before the proud beauty lying prostate before him. He would do what she asked of him, and more. As much as he hated to admit it to himself, she had touched something inside him. After more than ten years with the project, he had finally developed an emotional attachment to one of his prospective Operatives. And though it went against regulations, he would see to it that he himself became her Handler, taking charge of every aspect of how she was utilized.

You wanted purpose, Talia, he thought tenderly, running a hand gently along the side of her face, I’ll give you one... because, believe it or not, you’ve just given me a purpose as well.

Reaching down, he lifted the woman’s chin, raising her head until her eyes met his own. “Good girl,” he said softly, accepting her submission, and more...

((end of part seven))